Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 10:58:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lets get one thing straight: there will NOT be a run-up anytime soon  (Read 4908 times)
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 09:49:28 PM

Its coming alright, I've just been forced to sell a chunk due to a mild cash-flow crisis Smiley

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
glender

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 09:59:36 PM

The rally won't come before 80% has become bored and no longer thinks about Bitcoin's price. That's when we hit bottom.

My guess is we're already at that point, if not really close.

https://i.imgur.com/VM4Gdf5.png

I think it's safe to say those who came during the bubble have forgotten about it and left, leaving only serious loyal bitcoiners.
penii plural 4 penis

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 10:13:31 PM

Let me take a selfie!
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 10:37:10 PM

The rally won't come before 80% has become bored and no longer thinks about Bitcoin's price. That's when we hit bottom.

My guess is we're already at that point, if not really close.

[snippy snip]

I think it's safe to say those who came during the bubble have forgotten about it and left, leaving only serious loyal bitcoiners.

Perhaps, though looking at the Google trends chart and comparing to last summer, it looks like one more dip might be expected (if it were to play out the same). I think Google trends will jump up far after the market has taken off, though.
maker88

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 10:41:19 PM

The last rally was set by chinese investors. When china banned btc last year, it started the btc decline that has lasted a year.

false.

Yes, I admit I invested around a little less than 7Kdollars and basically lost it all but it doesn't really affect my conclusion

yeah sure, I'm sure you're totally unbiased and not pissed that you sold for a huge loss. you ever see those charts that talk about the early adopters, then smart money, then the general public, then the laggards? you're a laggard. you also have based your entire no rally theory around a chinese ban on bitcoin that does not exist. do you have any other reasoning?
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 10:46:47 PM

The last rally was set by chinese investors. When china banned btc last year, it started the btc decline that has lasted a year. There won't magically be another rally out of nowhere just because there has passed 1 year. Like most of you deluded people think; "it's been a year soon since the first big crash, surely a new rally is around the corner". NO. Unless China drops all BANS on BTC, BTC will stay in the shadow of its former glory. And the other altcoins are pretty much dead with absolutely no chance of resurrection.

Yes, I admit I invested around a little less than 7Kdollars and basically lost it all but it doesn't really affect my conclusion

So other people will be the buyers in the next boom. There's a shit ton of non-Chinese people in the world.
trackermut

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 10:47:20 PM

The last rally was set by chinese investors. When china banned btc last year, it started the btc decline that has lasted a year. There won't magically be another rally out of nowhere just because there has passed 1 year. Like most of you deluded people think; "it's been a year soon since the first big crash, surely a new rally is around the corner". NO. Unless China drops all BANS on BTC, BTC will stay in the shadow of its former glory. And the other altcoins are pretty much dead with absolutely no chance of resurrection.

Lost Circa 7k how did you manage that day trading ?,
glender

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 11:04:50 PM

yeah sure, I'm sure you're totally unbiased and not pissed that you sold for a huge loss. you ever see those charts that talk about the early adopters, then smart money, then the general public, then the laggards? you're a laggard. you also have based your entire no rally theory around a chinese ban on bitcoin that does not exist. do you have any other reasoning?

since when was the general public in bitcoin
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:33:37 AM

No one would expect that all of sudden the chinese would wake up eager for Bitcoins. You can't predict when the next rally will come, neither what will cause it. 
You are right to say that there is nothing that would justify a rally as far we can see, but you kind of overstimate how far we can see
gjgjg

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:57:33 AM

No one would expect that all of sudden the chinese would wake up eager for Bitcoins. You can't predict when the next rally will come, neither what will cause it. 
You are right to say that there is nothing that would justify a rally as far we can see, but you kind of overstimate how far we can see
China is not the only market out there.
Theres something brewing in Argentina that will give it a bump soon, maybe not as much everyone expects but that doesnt mean there wont be knock on panic buying from it. after that i think indonesia, maybe an african nation then i think india will be th next surprise buy rush prob next year.
plenty of new markets out there, and plenty of work to be done in the existing markets. theres plenty of new ground for btc to cover people, so many thread starters with negative attitude makes me suspicious ... who would benefit from lower prices i wonder...

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:05:15 AM

China is not the only market out there.
Theres something brewing in Argentina that will give it a bump soon, maybe not as much everyone expects but that doesnt mean there wont be knock on panic buying from it. after that i think indonesia, maybe an african nation then i think india will be th next surprise buy rush prob next year.
plenty of new markets out there, and plenty of work to be done in the existing markets. theres plenty of new ground for btc to cover people, so many thread starters with negative attitude makes me suspicious ... who would benefit from lower prices i wonder...

same guys who put up the blocking walls.  they ain't interested in selling.  they're interested in stopping a price rise.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:13:47 AM

Then you are a fool and you deserve your loss.

Funny, was kind of thinking the same thing (about you).

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:24:26 AM

Good guess. If we stay awya from bad news then BTC hitting 700 by the end of the year is a realistic claim. And 1000 by the end of 2015.

I bought NMC @8, and LTC @37.
Then you are a fool and you deserve your loss.

Hey, that's kind of harsh. Personally, I immediately dump altcoins if the market moves against me. But I would have thought the Speculation forum was the one sanctuary for bagholders. I guess it's BTC bagholders only. Grin
Almost all alts are shitcoins. They don't do anything useful or better. The one exception I can think of is whichever ones have better anonymity.

Remember what bitcoin is. It's a store of value. It's a currency. It's a transfer protocol. An alt has to do at least one of those meaningfully better to be worth real money, or add something useful that bitcoin can't integrate (such as anonymity, which is the only thing I can think of offhand).

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
williamevanl

Activity: 404
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:32:28 AM

This is kind of unsettling to watch.

I couldn't be a bigger proponent of Bitcoin. I talk about it constantly, I gave a speech at work (biotech) about it to a pretty large group of folks. I've bored my wife to death for hundreds of hours talking about how wonderful the whole thing is. I'm even spending most of my free time developing a Bitcoin business.

Having said all of that, there's no reason for the price to be as high as it is right now. It's rampant speculation, bots to drive the price up etc... Bitcoin might literally only be worth $20 right now. It's going to big some day in the distant future but all of this is just a giant hype cycle that will eventually subside. I do feel bad for all the folks right now dumping too much money into it because it IS going to go down quite a bit. There will be blood in the streets but then it will recover and slowly but surely hit levels we can't imagine now. 
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:38:01 AM

Good guess. If we stay awya from bad news then BTC hitting 700 by the end of the year is a realistic claim. And 1000 by the end of 2015.

I bought NMC @8, and LTC @37.

Wow, nmc got up that high? I sold way too fucking soon. I had a shitload and traded them for btc. I think I had a few thousand as when I was mining they were worthless. Litecoin, I purchased about 800 and traded them for bitcoin when they hit the 5 dollar mark, so I should have waited on that one too...

Yea, your timing isn't that great, but Ive made bad trades too, so, you just cant give up..
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:38:46 AM

I couldn't be a bigger proponent of Bitcoin. I talk about it constantly, I gave a speech at work (biotech) about it to a pretty large group of folks. I've bored my wife to death for hundreds of hours talking about how wonderful the whole thing is. I'm even spending most of my free time developing a Bitcoin business.

Having said all of that, there's no reason for the price to be as high as it is right now. It's rampant speculation, bots to drive the price up etc... Bitcoin might literally only be worth $20 right now. It's going to big some day in the distant future but all of this is just a giant hype cycle that will eventually subside. I do feel bad for all the folks right now dumping too much money into it because it IS going to go down quite a bit. There will be blood in the streets but then it will recover and slowly but surely hit levels we can't imagine now. 
Those ere some nice calculations and graphs.

williamevanl

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:43:15 AM

You don't need graphs to make a statement like "there's no reason for it to be as high as it is".  If I as one of the biggest fans of Bitcoin recognizes that people have just lost their minds, I don't need a graph to illustrate that.

Also, how do you calculate stupidity? Like, Look there's tons of stupidity and then a little less and a little less. This equation shows that we can expect a lot more stupidity soon so it's going to blow up for sure!

*I'd say look at my other posts, I'm clearly not a fudster.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:55:59 AM

You don't need graphs to make a statement like "there's no reason for it to be as high as it is".  If I as one of the biggest fans of Bitcoin recognizes that people have just lost their minds, I don't need a graph to illustrate that.

Also, how do you calculate stupidity? Like, Look there's tons of stupidity and then a little less and a little less. This equation shows that we can expect a lot more stupidity soon so it's going to blow up for sure!

Not only do you need a graph, you need a graph with lines on it. And you need to talk about tulips too or you lose all credibility.

More seriously, you may be overestimating your own relative level of fanishness. Do you think you are the only one who has spent real-time months reading and studying and tinkering? Has nobody else bored their family and anyone else who will listen to tears? Have you taken a loan to buy more before we go to the moon?

Back up your claims if you can. Or don't. I don't mind.

williamevanl

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:02:20 AM

Not only do you need a graph, you need a graph with lines on it. And you need to talk about tulips too or you lose all credibility.

More seriously, you may be overestimating your own relative level of fanishness. Do you think you are the only one who has spent real-time months reading and studying and tinkering? Has nobody else bored their family and anyone else who will listen to tears? Have you taken a loan to buy more before we go to the moon?

Back up your claims if you can. Or don't. I don't mind.

Maybe true, but if I tell my wife that someone thinks I'm 'overestimating' my fanishness she's going to fall out of her chair. Smiley I can say that I've invested a tremendous amount of time into the cryptocurrency scene. I think the only reasonable thing to do (if you truly believe in Bitcoin) is to sell the shovels or create business around it, not try to pump the price up past where it should be hoping that it 'goes to the moon'.

There's still a fortune to be made on Bitcoin, it is going to be revolutionary but everyone needs to stop trying to get there by just buying as much as they can.
falllling

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:03:01 AM

agree, bitcoin is going to nowhere but down!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: