Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 05:52:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lets get one thing straight: there will NOT be a run-up anytime soon  (Read 4908 times)
thedarksun (OP)

Activity: 639
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:43:12 PM

The last rally was set by chinese investors. When china banned btc last year, it started the btc decline that has lasted a year. There won't magically be another rally out of nowhere just because there has passed 1 year. Like most of you deluded people think; "it's been a year soon since the first big crash, surely a new rally is around the corner". NO. Unless China drops all BANS on BTC, BTC will stay in the shadow of its former glory. And the other altcoins are pretty much dead with absolutely no chance of resurrection.

Yes, I admit I invested around a little less than 7Kdollars and basically lost it all but it doesn't really affect my conclusion
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:47:03 PM

.....But, but, but.... Argentina! Winkledouches! ETFs! GABI! World political turmoil will drive fiat into the ground and bitcoin to the moon -- no, Jupiter! Forget canned food and bullets, we need bitcoin!
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:47:57 PM

Bullish.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:51:20 PM

Exceptttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt China never banned BTC.
glender

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 07:06:35 PM

eh i think it will slowly rise, no bubble though
zetaray

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 07:07:44 PM

What do you mean by "soon"? A few weeks? Or a few months? I expect some good news by the end of the year that will help bitcoin regain the $700 level.

.CryptoTotal.com.
                              l█████████▇▀
                              ████████▇▀
                              ███████▇▀
                              ██████▇▀
                              █████▇▀
                              ████▇▀
                              ███▇▀
                              ██▇▀
                              █▇▀
                              ▇▀
▇▇
▇▇

Express.Crypto.Checkout
Accepts Multiple Cryptos
Worldwide Shipping
bit tired

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 07:08:52 PM

Yes, I admit I invested around a little less than 7Kdollars and basically lost it all but it doesn't really affect my conclusion

Bitcoin is a bit less than half its peak value, so you must have almost half of your 7Kdollars left.
thedarksun (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 07:11:13 PM

What do you mean by "soon"? A few weeks? Or a few months? I expect some good news by the end of the year that will help bitcoin regain the $700 level.

Good guess. If we stay awya from bad news then BTC hitting 700 by the end of the year is a realistic claim. And 1000 by the end of 2015.
thedarksun (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 07:14:02 PM

Good guess. If we stay awya from bad news then BTC hitting 700 by the end of the year is a realistic claim. And 1000 by the end of 2015.

I bought NMC @8, and LTC @37.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 07:19:01 PM

Then you are a fool and you deserve your loss.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 07:27:59 PM

Hey, that's kind of harsh. Personally, I immediately dump altcoins if the market moves against me. But I would have thought the Speculation forum was the one sanctuary for bagholders. I guess it's BTC bagholders only. Grin
thedarksun (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 07:58:02 PM

If I am a fool or if I deserve it is irrelevant to the topic. The point of the subject is that we won't be seeing bullish rallies until at least 1 years ahead.
And the altcoins will probably die off while BTC keeps its stronghold at 500-700.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 07:59:20 PM

The last rally was set by chinese investors. When china banned btc last year, it started the btc decline that has lasted a year. There won't magically be another rally out of nowhere just because there has passed 1 year. Like most of you deluded people think; "it's been a year soon since the first big crash, surely a new rally is around the corner". NO. Unless China drops all BANS on BTC, BTC will stay in the shadow of its former glory. And the other altcoins are pretty much dead with absolutely no chance of resurrection.

Maybe not.  It's impossible to know.  I do like to keep an eye on the frequency of posts/topics like this and sort of unscientifically judge whether they're on the rise or not, and if so, I take that as a sign to buy.  It's worked more than not.  But, honestly, I have no fucking clue what I'm doing.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 07:59:33 PM

If I am a fool or if I deserve it is irrelevant to the topic. The point of the subject is that we won't be seeing bullish rallies until at least 1 years ahead.
And the altcoins will probably die off while BTC keeps its stronghold at 500-700.

Well thanks for your opinion.  Don't know yet if I'll completely ignore you, or give your lengthy analysis of the topic some consideration.
alexeft
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:06:57 PM

Well, the more people say that there won't be a rally, the more probable it becomes that there will be one!!!
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:08:46 PM

I wouldn't bet on that.
NapoleonBonaparte

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:17:50 PM

For the last 4 years, bitcoin only run up when there was huge pessimism on the forum and crashed down hard when the forum was full of optimism and made recent new high.

Will this time be any different? Probably not. So buy when there are so many people claiming end of btc.
BitcoinHawker

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:44:48 PM

demand up, supply will eventually go down. I am patient. Smiley
glender

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:51:57 PM

In these doldrums, what kind of bad news is possible?

Nothing going on atm, and no news = good news  Cool
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 09:45:57 PM

The rally won't come before 80% has become bored and no longer thinks about Bitcoin's price. That's when we hit bottom.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: