Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:38:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we make an AcoinTalk Page?
Yes! Good idea - 20 (64.5%)
No! - 11 (35.5%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Acoin - SHA-256 - New Currency with Random Rewards and Quick Blocktimes  (Read 94203 times)
awaygotroubles

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 04:52:42 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2014, 05:05:43 PM by awaygotroubles

I have download the clients to my mac and windows and keep getting 'No block source available' - what does that mean and how can I fix it?

peter

You have to create a config file e.g. below:

In Windows open Notepad type this:

server=1
gen=0
listen=1
rpcport=8832
maxconnection=128
rpcuser=YourAcoinUser
rpcpassword=YourAcoinPassword
addnode=108.61.199.185
addnode=47.65.35.52
addnode=91.21.67.50

Now save it as acoin.conf  in the folder(s) below (note hidden folders):

Windows Directory: AppData\Roaming\Acoin

For Mac basically use the file you made on the Windows machine and save it here:

MAC Directory: ~/Library/Application Support/Acoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
A-Coin (OP)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

Official Acoin

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 08:01:13 PM

I have download the clients to my mac and windows and keep getting 'No block source available' - what does that mean and how can I fix it?

peter

You have to create a config file e.g. below:

In Windows open Notepad type this:

server=1
gen=0
listen=1
rpcport=8832
maxconnection=128
rpcuser=YourAcoinUser
rpcpassword=YourAcoinPassword
addnode=108.61.199.185
addnode=47.65.35.52
addnode=91.21.67.50

Now save it as acoin.conf  in the folder(s) below (note hidden folders):

Windows Directory: AppData\Roaming\Acoin

For Mac basically use the file you made on the Windows machine and save it here:

MAC Directory: ~/Library/Application Support/Acoin

Exactly!

Acoin a Grade A SHA-256 alternative - Acoinproject.org
A-Coin (OP)

Official Acoin

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 08:32:12 PM

You can now generate paper and brain wallets for Acoin at http://walletgenerator.net/?currency=Acoin

Elite2TheMax

Activity: 79

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:12:03 AM

Very interesting. 1 Acoin = 1 USD. Will be keen to see how this plays out on Cryptsys. Acoin is very undervalued and has been so since launch. This will shake things up!
Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 12:30:50 PM

Very interesting. 1 Acoin = 1 USD. Will be keen to see how this plays out on Cryptsys. Acoin is very undervalued and has been so since launch. This will shake things up!

Will be very interesting!
A-Coin (OP)

Official Acoin

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 01:23:04 PM

Added new block explorer https://bchain.info/ACOIN/

Elite2TheMax

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 01:31:59 PM

Glad to see that the Dev is supporting this coin all the way and by bringing in the fixed exchange rate amongst the paper wallet etc... This will truly bring out the real value of the coin! Enough of this foolish 4000 satoshi prices, bring in the real value!
A-Coin (OP)

Official Acoin

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 01:33:51 PM

Glad to see that the Dev is supporting this coin all the way and by bringing in the fixed exchange rate amongst the paper wallet etc... This will truly bring out the real value of the coin! Enough of this foolish 4000 satoshi prices, bring in the real value!

Exactly!

canman

Activity: 479
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:06:54 PM

where did you get the price???
Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:07:44 PM

https://twitter.com/acointeam/status/527733308156018688
canman

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:10:06 PM

https://twitter.com/acointeam/status/527733308156018688

thanks.

also in bitterex  "in danger of delisting due to low activity? 
Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:37:19 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2014, 05:44:52 PM by Jookly

Yes that is correct.  Bittrex requires a certain volume to remain listed. It would be nice to continue the trading there, but I don't think it is necessary for ACoin in the longrun.

On a side note, apparently some people think $1 a coin is too good to be true because they are still selling at 4000.  Only time will tell.

edit:  it is pretty odd that todays announcement seems to have spurred some of the most intense selling we have seen since launch day.   I expected people to slow down the selling rather than speed up.  Learning.
canman

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 01:57:31 AM

whats going on with acoin.hashhot.com?  i have not been able to pull my coins from that website.  anybody else having the same problems?  thanks
Elite2TheMax

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 05:34:16 AM

Buy Gold and Silver with Acoin, now that is currency!
awaygotroubles

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:59:37 PM

whats going on with acoin.hashhot.com?  i have not been able to pull my coins from that website.  anybody else having the same problems?  thanks
I'm in the same boat. They owe me 80+ coins, you would think they'd respond or explain their issue(s) here.
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 05:57:04 PM

It would be a nice feature to have the wallet installer write the config file!  Grin

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
Elite2TheMax

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:32:14 PM

Get a cup of coffee as this post is quite long and I think meaningful to all involved.

This post is going to be long and insightful and I would like any one who is mining or investing in this coin or looking into buying Acoin to read this and give their ideas, thoughts or suggestions. I will be making a long series of statements as I am a top 3 investor in this coin and I have been mining it for just over a month and continue to do so as I believe that the coin will go places in time, or by the ideas and suggestions that are considered and implemented.

So what we know is that Acoin has been around for two months. It is listed on cryptsys and was a few days ago de-listed from bittrex (good riddance). So we have a good trading platform for buyers and sellers. The coin had a fair launch with no pre mine and is going to be a rare currency as up to 1.6 Mil coins is very little. Dark for example is 22 Million, just to put it in perspective.

Now the value of the coin is very low, but the dev hopes to achieve "gold grade crypto". He cannot do this alone, and the support comes from the miners, investors and the community of the crypto world. I like the concepts of Acoin, and I love the supper fast block times and random rewards.

The recent development with Acoin is now the Acoin Village online shop. Now I have paid for the miner, and it has been mining away for two days now. So good so far, but now I got an email from the store that I must put in an offer to continue mining as it is just for people to get the basic idea of the online store. You cannot offer something and put up a price and then say, oh no the price is just too low, put in an offer. You need to put in a disclaimer for this otherwise you are going to annoy people with the store and they will not use it. I keep my calm and it does not bother me as I have a powerful miner.

Moving on, the Acoin store is a gimmick at best. Ask yourself, what do people want from crypto? It is not services and products. It is BTC and Dollars at the end of the day. We want to see the coin do well and trading at much higher than current prices. As I have said before, I will continue to mine and support the coin.

Community, do give your feedback as that is what drives the coin forward. Possible changes that may need to be looked at for this coin is also important. Many coins have been changed via the use of a hard fork and have been done so successfully. The one thing that I would like to see change with Acoin is to implement POS. The value of the coin is already so low, so those who have spend much time mining will be able to get rewarded from their effort. As we know, BTC prices are a joke, and since Gox fell, crypto has never been the same. Then their is the dilemma of what happened to coinex and crypto rush, so on and so forth. Crypto has been through a lot of turmoil this year, definitely more this year than all the years combined since its inception. Some people have even had to unplug their miners due to no profit being made.

In closing, we must as a community with he help of the dev look at what changes can be brought about to really push this coin into the mainstream. POS is a great way to bring new investment into the coin and to make it grow. TEK is the best example of this. You do not want to turn this coin into a dump coin to invest into anther coin scenario.

These are my thoughts and suggestions, provide your feedback and lets move it forward. Even polls can be started so see what the community would like to see from the coin. This is all for now, lets see how it goes.
A-Coin (OP)

Official Acoin

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 02:21:31 PM

You may have seen our press release in online blogs, Google News or other sources. In case you have not seen it, it gives some insight in what philosophy lies behind Acoin.

Acoin wants to bring cryptocurrency back to the basics

Bitcoin has revolutionized money in the same way the internet has revolutionized communication. It gave us power over our financial destiny and the power to protect ourselves from the consequences of endless money printing and the power of governments and banks over our lives and well-being.

But what Bitcoin also brought us was a seemingly never ending "arms race" to mine the coin. What was designed as a currency that could be well sustained for decades with just a few connected laptops has unleashed a billion dollar mining industry in which increasingly expensive mining rigs become obsolete after just 6 months or less. Energy bills for miners are also increasing exponentially.

Mining has become the major focus of the Bitcoin industry and the original purpose and true beauty of the Bitcoin system has seemingly almost been forgotten. When a new coin is developed, the first question generally is: " What do I need to mine it? How much money do I make mining the coin?"

It is time that we think of cryptocurrency as a way out of financial slavery, not to become a slave the the mining process. How many people really got rich mining Bitcoin? When you look at it, the people who became millionaires in crypto are the ones smart enough to see its true potential and bought some coins when Bitcoin was just a few cents. Miners do not become millionaires, investors do. "Investors" in mining equipment end up with expensive and useless "space heaters" after just a few weeks of use.

With Acoin, the developers of the coin wanted to bring some sanity back to the crypto world. Acoin is designed to be a coin that resembles the original Bitcoin of 2009 as much as possible. Acoin is a coin that brings back the spirit and the opportunities of the early Bitcoin.

So, how is Acoin different to achieve this? First of all, as Satoshi Nakamoto envisioned, a cryptocurrency should be rare and only a fixed amount of coins should exist (unlike the unlimited printing of paper money that is destroying our economy right now). Acoin has a fixed number of coins of around 1,2 million, making it 20x more rare than Bitcoin. Gold is more rare than silver, thus the price of gold is higher as the price of silver.

Secondly, the code has been designed to prevent a never ending race for more mining power that makes people poor, rather than rich. First of all, there are less coins to start with, so a prolonged "war of the miners" is not possible. Secondly, the code is designed in such a way as to discourage larger mining rigs or mining farms to mine Acoin. It is actually more profitable per Gh/s for a small mining rig to mine Acoin than for a multi-terahash miner.

Acoin was launched on Sept. 1st of this year with a "fair launch". No pre-mining was done and everybody in the world had (and has) the same chance and opportunity to buy Acoin. The coin is truly 100% owned by the people.

Acoin is designed by a former gold and silver commodity trader as an investment grade cryptocurrency, a solid store of value that is as close as possible to the original design and intent of Satoshi Yakamoto's Bitcoin.

Acoin is envisioned as an alternative choice to Bitcoin,  with all the features and advantages of Bitcoin without the mining arms race detracting from its true purpose.

Acoin is easily traded on many major exchanges and more and more vendors are also starting to accept Acoin for anything from a Hamburger to Travel and Hotel Accommodations.

There is also a project called the Acoin Digital Village in the works where you can spend your Acoin at a fixed rate of $1US for 1 Acoin without the worry of changing exchange rates. Acoin also has strong community support with user groups coming up in several European countries, Asia and the US.

If you believe in cryptocurrency as a tool for financial survival Acoin could be one of your cryptocurrency choices.

For more information and downloads of the Acoin wallets for PC, Mac and Android visit http://www.acoinproject.org

A-Coin (OP)

Official Acoin

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 02:37:41 PM

Greetings from the Acoin Team,

I am sorry that you were disappointed that we limit the amount of mining contracts you can purchase in the Acoin Store. Please remember, the exchange rate for Acoin in the Store is 1 Acoin = 1 US$ and we do mean that. All products sold there are also available on the owner's website or store for the same price in US$.

So, we placed a disclaimer in the listing for the Mining Contracts that we only have very few of them and we also now added that it's limited to one per customer. Everything in the Acoin Village Store is donated so we can't force people to put up their stuff at large quantities. But we wanted to keep in the spirit of the 1$ exchange rate because that is surely a rate that we would like to see happen on the exchanges soon as well.

I know you have 3 Th mining Acoin so you won't be missing the 110gh/s while others may get an opportunity to mine their very first Acoin themselves which I think is a great thing. Acoin is fun to mine, I know that.

From what I understand, you are one of the "future Acoin millionaires" that have accumulated a good amount of Acoin. We welcome you aboard and are glad to hear that you are supporting the coin and not just mine and sell at any price. A smart move in our opinion.

Maybe you can join us during the next Acoin stakeholder webchats.  Chat is on 5 Nov. 3pm NYC Time (or 21:00 CEST) https://webchat.freenode.net Channel: #acoin Join us! We want to get the community involved and organized. Community support is what made Dogecoin so popular and even so we have no funny doggie videos to offer, we hope to get a strong Acoin community together. We are just starting to set up Acoin meetups in Europe and the US and maybe there can be one organized in your country as well.

Hans
the Acoin Team

Elite2TheMax

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 03:29:30 PM

I will attend the meeting as I have vision for where I want to see this coin go and will continue to mine it. I mine, I invest and I trade, so I take my crypto very serious. It is clear that we both want to see Acoin at the same price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: