Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:49:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase going busto? Numerous people not getting paid by Coinbase currently.  (Read 6497 times)
BitDreams

Activity: 503
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 01:23:51 AM

Coinbase has _almost_ grown in size and reputation where they don't even need to reply to this publicly. Is there a message on their blog or has anyone bothered to check? My few are in the vault.
kerafym

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 01:42:54 AM

Weekend FUD?

Anyone can say anything via reddit, any proof?

Everything posted on forum is hearsay. There is little reason for a few reddit posters to lie.

S P 8 D E        ♠       THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.       ♠         READ WHITEPAPER       
    TOKENS        A DECENTRALIZED PLATFORM FOR GAMING DAPPS        ROADMAP   
ANN THREAD       FACEBOOK       TWITTER       TELEGRAM       YOUTUBE       MEDIUM       REDDIT
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 01:58:39 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2014, 03:39:32 AM by QuestionAuthority

Well, I looked real quick and found these addresses. Which one is correct?

Foreign Profit Corporation
COINBASE, INC.
Filing Information
Document Number
F14000000514

FEI/EIN Number

Date Filed
02/05/2014

State
DE

Status
ACTIVE

Principal Address
1 BLUXOMER STREET
SUITE 410
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94104-5101

Mailing Address
548 MARKET STREET #23008
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94045-401

Registered Agent Name & Address
C T CORPORATION SYSTEM
1200 SOUTH PINE ISLAND ROAD
PLANTATION, FL 33324

Officer/Director Detail
Name & Address

Title PD
EHRSAM, FREDERICK E, III
548 MARKET STREET, #23008
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94104-5101

Title SD
ARMSTRONG, BRIAN D
548 MARKET STREET, #23008
SAN FRANCSCO, CA 94104

Edit: more info

Coinbase, Inc. is a West Virginia Foreign C | Corporation filed on May 9, 2014. The company's File Number is listed as 331419.

The Registered Agent on file for this company is Ct Corporation System and is located at 5400 D Big Tyler Road Charleston, WV 25313. The company's principal address is 1 Front Street, Suite 2600 San Francisco, CA 94111 and its mailing address is 548 Market Street, #23008 San Francisco, CA 94104.

The company has 3 principals on record. The principals are Brian Armstrong from San Francisco CA, Frederick Ehrsam from San Francsico CA, and Frederick Ehrsam from San Francisco CA.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4500

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 02:22:59 AM

id expect the 'market street' address just to be a mail forwarding service.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 02:30:08 AM

id expect the 'market street' address just to be a mail forwarding service.

You think it's the one in the SOMA? Bluxomer should be near the Safeway across from the train station. I need to go to the store anyway and I like that Safeway. I usually go to to the Safeway in the Castro but there's too many homeless scumbags over there lately. I'll try tomorrow. I know they won't be there but at least I can see if there's a storefront for them.

lonestranger

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

I like long walks on the beach, shaving my head...

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 02:59:28 AM

I can confirm that Coinbase is delaying some payouts.  I have numerous bitcoin sales for which I've received nothing.  One of them should have paid into my bank account on Tuesday.

Here is what they are saying: "During one of our recent code releases, we experienced a rare instance in which some of the ACHs from this weekend were delayed. We are currently putting our Engineering resources on this to mitigate this from happening again."

They are handling it terribly.  Every person who responds to email had a different time when I would get paid until a big mass mail went out saying "next Friday" we will get paid.

This is jeopardizing some very important projects for me.  And it may destroy my reputation in my community.  Can't say how much I loathe Coinbase.
itsAj

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:15:04 AM

I don't feel this is something to worry about. I know a few people myself who were paid out recently by CoinBase and they have had no problems at all. Possibly a small glitch in the system that was causing payments to not be made and people are jumping to conclusions.
I agree. Coinbase is a reputable company. It is important to understand that they likely only have a limited amount of cash they can give to their customers before they have to sell bitcoin on an exchange, withdraw fiat from the exchange, wait for the payment to clear then send the funds to their customer. This entire process takes time.

This implies there are more selling than buying on coinbase.

No wonder the price is going down.
Well considering that coinbase provides services to merchants that generally cashout of their bitcoin immediately I would assume they would have more sales of bitcoin then buys of bitcoin (the same with bitpay). 
h3rlihy

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:32:41 AM

I received a payout from coinbase without any issue on the 22nd of August (9 days ago) so it must be a reasonably recent problem.
trentham

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:41:15 AM

Got my ACH fees refunded to me in bitcoin on Aug 29 because of delays. First time that's happened. But I'm not worried (yet).
Macky_Verns

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:10:06 AM

People are just making stories so people will withdraw their money and deposit somewhere else. I am using coinbase everyday and never had any issues.

Please delete this thread mod
Kayex

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:12:51 AM

Though some people are desperately relying on coinbase,
for the average joe, I would say don't worry about it too much.
Coinbase will have it up and running sooner or later.
They have a reputation and they probably don't want to end up being the next Mtgox

hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:48:18 AM

Coinbase needs to make a official statement to clarify all the detail. Otherwise it has bad influence and some users may scare to go there.
Gogo ppp (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:09:01 AM

This is a link to a thread I started about 10 weeks ago.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=651712.0

I recommend reading the links in post #5 in the thread:

Arvicco - "I'm surprised no one is talking about this to the community. All the figureheads are just regurgitating nonsense about how great Coinbase is for Bitcoin community. At the same time, users are posting horror stories about practical Coinbase experience on a regular basis: ..."

For those of you who feel all is well with Coinbase (you could be correct), simply ignore.

Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 06:45:00 AM

We're in a holiday weekend. If any withdrawal is delayed past the end of next week, it's time to start talking to lawyers and collection agencies.  You might call up the accounts receivable managers at some of their big customers and see if they're seeing trouble. Buying a credit report on Coinbase from Dun and Bradstreet is worthwhile, and if they're not paying on time, report them to D&B. California small claims court goes up to $10,000, and if they owe you less than that, file in small claims court. That will get you action.

Late payment is a big red flag. Don't delay acting.
bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 07:26:54 AM

I haven't faced any problem with coinbase yet?

sealberrder

Activity: 66

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:35:47 AM

I wonder when they are going to re initiate the transaction i made back in october of 2013 as promised in which I was shorted a decent amount of money.   Huh Huh Huh

Huh? Could you elaborate? Was that some transaction that got cancelled or something? I guess you wrote the support? It surely won't take this long to be executed normally! But any info on this would be appreciated!

Basically if you do research of Coinbase history you find out many sell/buy orders in the past were cancelled without any compenzation. Like you bought 1BTC when the price was 800 USD, but after few days your buy order was cancelled. The support tells you can do the transaction again, but unfortunatelly for you the price is now 850 USD.

So much about Coinbase.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:32:57 AM

I initiated two sales in the past 10 days and nothing out of the ordinary.

Received both on the day stated.

Combined for over $13K.

No issues ever with Coinbase across a hundred or more buys and sales in the past year.

~BCX~

Same here. The problems I've had with them were all eventually resolved. Growing pains can be a real bitch, but doesn't meant hey are scammers. Indeed they are pioneering the future of consumer bitcoin.

more or less retired.
TYT

Activity: 78

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:59:18 AM

Looks like fud. Companies sometimes have problems but most people seem to be getting their money fine.
lonestranger

Activity: 115

I like long walks on the beach, shaving my head...

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:23:26 AM

Looks like fud. Companies sometimes have problems but most people seem to be getting their money fine.

No, they are actually not paying people.  I am personally VERY affected.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1247

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 11:32:19 AM

My coinbase account was frozen too.  

They said it was because I had multiple accounts and instructed me on how to close the others. I did this and now they won't respond back after about 3-5 emails.

I haven't tried to sell there since, but I kind of figure that it is a no go on that as well.

(they don't have any of my Bitcoins of course)

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: