Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What's my neighborhood name
Tacora - 2 (40%)
Cartago - 3 (60%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cohiba Robusto box of 25 Original Cuban Cigars Hand Made $700  (Read 2355 times)
deabraha (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 11:15:58 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2014, 12:40:22 AM by deabraha

Cost $700 + Shipping $10

Contact me at deabraha@hotmail.com

...A new brand of Cuban cigars which was introduced only in 1968, Cohiba quickly became the flagship brand of the Cuban cigar industry. Developed initially as a medium bodied protocol cigar for presentation only by officials of the Cuban government, Cohiba was marketed widely beginning in 1982. The initial sizes were the Lancero, the Corona Especiale and the Panetela, with the Esplendido, Robusto and Exquisito added in 1989. In 1992, in salute to the 500th anniversary of Columbus' discovery of the Caribbean, the Siglo series was introduced.

It was created in 1966 for President Fidel Castro himself and was made at the then top secret but now world famous El Laguito factory. At first, it was only seen outside Cuba as gifts for heads of state and visiting diplomats. Since 1982 Cohiba has been available in limited quantities to the open market. The name is an ancient Taino Indian word for the bunches of tobacco leaves that Columbus first saw being smoked by the original inhabitants of Cuba — the earliest known form of the cigar.

The leaves for Cohiba are the “selection of the selection” from the five finest Vegas Finas de Primera in the San Juan y Martinez and San Luis zones of the Vuelta Abajo region. Uniquely amongst Habanos two of Cohiba’s filler leaves, the seco and ligero, undergo a third fermentation in barrels, which adds smoothness to the blend. There are two distinct Lineas (Lines) of Cohiba: the medium to full flavoured Linea Clasica introduced between 1966 and 1989; and the medium flavoured Linea 1492 brought out in 1992 to mark the 500th Anniversary of Columbus’s epic voyage of discovery. Ten years later in 2002, a new size, the Siglo VI, was added to the Linea 1492.

deabraha (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 12:39:30 AM

They were made in cuba and I am located in Costa Rica.
Nightowlace

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 02:39:44 AM

1. Would you be willing to sell individual cigars?
2. Do you ship first or use escrow considering you're brand new.
3. Do you ship to the US? 
4. Who assumes liability for shipping (if seized by customs)
deabraha (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:27:48 AM

1.   Would you be willing to sell individual cigars?
I have Cohiba Robusto 3 pack $120 + shipping $10 as minimum
You send $ through western union or similar and I’ll send package.
Yes I do
I’ll send this as collectible item with insurance and provide the tracking # but if seized by customs there is nothing I can’t do. This is a risk the customer runs since sending Cuban Cigars to USA is prohibited.
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:20:12 AM

Yes I do
I’ll send this as collectible item with insurance and provide the tracking # but if seized by customs there is nothing I can’t do. This is a risk the customer runs since sending Cuban Cigars to USA is prohibited.

So does that mean you do not accept bitcoins and that you don't want to use escrow?
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:23:51 AM

If you are genuine you need to accept that people will only trade nowadays when an escrow service is used, especially when you have a brand new account.

No escrow means no sales. There are far too many scammers around.
deabraha (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 02:20:27 PM

No bitcoins no escrow. You pay for this box and I will send it to you. If you want contact me deabraha@hotmail.com I will send you the list of items I have and you can try with something cheap to test the service, if you don't like it you will notify others.
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 02:21:58 PM

No bitcoins no scrow. You pay for this box and I will send it to you. If you want contact me deabraha@hotmail.com I will send you the list of items I have and you can try with something cheap to test the service, if you don't like it you will notify others.

Nobody will buy from you.

1. You have a newbie account.
2. You don't want to use escrow.
3. You don't want to send first (to highly trusted members).
4. You don't accept bitcoin, eventhough you are on bitcointalk.org
deabraha (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 02:27:28 PM

You are right there are too many scammers around and I won't send this box without payment, I have lost money working this way and when the customer gets the boxers they automagically forget to pay.

If you want contact me deabraha@hotmail.com I will send you the list of items I have and you can try with something cheap to test the service, if you don't like it you will notify others.

Here we are playing a trust to each other and the risk runs in both ends.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 02:34:42 PM

obvious scam...move a long nothing to see here.
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 02:45:04 PM

No bitcoins no escrow. You pay for this box and I will send it to you. If you want contact me deabraha@hotmail.com I will send you the list of items I have and you can try with something cheap to test the service, if you don't like it you will notify others.

You turn up on a bitcoin forum trying to sell cigars but dont accept bitcoin as payment.

All 5 of your posts are in this thread.

You refuse Escrow and expect someone to send you $700 with no trade history and post post history.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

p.s shit pointless poll, couldn't give a crap what your neighbourhood names is, not really relevant to anything.
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:42:11 PM

One of the worst attempted scams I've ever seen. Seriously do you think people on here are stupid Angry
farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:43:53 PM

You are right there are too many scammers around and I won't send this box without payment, I have lost money working this way and when the customer gets the boxers they automagically forget to pay.

If you want contact me deabraha@hotmail.com I will send you the list of items I have and you can try with something cheap to test the service, if you don't like it you will notify others.

Haha... Yeah no one gives a shit about anything but escrow, and bitcoin around these parts. How about you use bitcoin, like these forums are designed for?
Nightowlace

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 08:11:06 PM

Yes I do

1. That would be perfect.
2. There is absolutely no chance in this world of that ever happening from anyone on this forum with your history or lack thereof.
3. Great
4. I am okay with that.

No that would mean the risk is solely on me considering I paid you first. What risk do you have?

I clearly have way to much to lose to scam you for $120. Had this transaction gone smoothly you would have earned some positive feedback from me which you clearly need. At this point I would not buy anything from you because I would be afraid you would use any positive feedback you received to swindle others out of their money.

If you truly had a bad experience where you were scammed and now you don't trust anyone I am sorry that happened to you and I would encourage you to start over fresh with a new screen name, and only partake in transactions that offer escrow service or with a trusted member.
Professor James Moriarty
aka TheTortoise

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:03:48 PM

I am not judging the first pay deal , some people want that and risk no business going forward rather than getting scammed ,

What I find interesting is , he is on bitcointalk and he doesn't accept bitcoin for some reason. Why would anyone write here without any intention of getting paid with bitcoins?
Nightowlace

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 01:27:46 AM

I am not judging the first pay deal , some people want that and risk no business going forward rather than getting scammed ,

What I find interesting is , he is on bitcointalk and he doesn't accept bitcoin for some reason. Why would anyone write here without any intention of getting paid with bitcoins?

I respectfully disagree. I think when you're dealing with people who stand to lose a significant amount more than you the choice is clear. Take for example MikeMark. He worked very hard to become a member of the community he made small transactions with reputable people to build up his trust. He approached me and asked if I would be willing to sell him some Casascius coins and he would send half up front and half after. I was hesitant but did my research and found him to be a worthy risk. It's all how you approach people, the things you do, and what you stand to lose. It could have went south but it didn't. Now he has my trust. Trust is earned.

*but regardless the no bitcoin is a deal breaker.
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 10:32:55 PM

When are we going to get to a point where you have to at least be a jr/full member to post in this section?

FFS... this shit gets old, quick.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
notserp
Legendary

Activity: 2240

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 12:00:06 AM

When are we going to get to a point where you have to at least be a jr/full member to post in this section?

-Fuse

or at least to start threads you have to be a certain level would be nice
acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 12:06:20 AM

-Fuse

I agree. Some people just fail to use common sense in these situations. Hopefully The same goes for the Lending section, too. These scams are getting so obvious that only the people born without common sense are falling for them. There should be more restrictions.

Guy didn't even make the effort to Google pictutres.
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 01:40:55 AM

-Fuse

or at least to start threads you have to be a certain level would be nice

That's what I mean.  You should have to be a jr/full member to post a sale thread in this section.

I wonder how many less stupid posts there would be in the long run, and how much less negative publicity crypto would get in general.  Think about all the newbs that come to crypto, drop a couple hundred dollars on BTC and then get taken for all of it.  I'm sure they're not running to their friends telling them to get involved.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: