Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:49:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: was the "i'm not dorian nakamoto" post geniune ?  (Read 5693 times)
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 10:25:30 PM

I believe this was discussed elsewhere...if I recall correctly, it was a db insertion hack and a fairly well known exploit. I think the user login stats on Satoshi on that forum did not update.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 11:17:39 PM

He may be brilliant but he is also a socially challenged self loathing individual or maybe so self righteous he cannot damage his rep by spending a dollar.

Obviously you're the one being challanged talking about dollars on a bitcoin forum.
Bitcoin is not about making dollars dude. You will loose if you keep that mindset
ForgottenPassword

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:04:48 AM

I believe this was discussed elsewhere...if I recall correctly, it was a db insertion hack and a fairly well known exploit. I think the user login stats on Satoshi on that forum did not update.

Yes, some known hacker claimed that he did it and pulled a similar prank on this forum, but we don't know for sure if he's lying or not.

My gut feeling is that it was fake. That website had been abandoned and wasn't maintained for years, IIRC it was on a free web host too. The hackers story is believable.

I have private messages disabled. Send me an email instead. My contact details can be found here.

Tip Address: 13Lwo1hK5smoBpFWxmqeKSL52EvN8U7asX
CryptoDomains

Activity: 159

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:08:21 AM

He may be brilliant but he is also a socially challenged self loathing individual or maybe so self righteous he cannot damage his rep by spending a dollar.

Obviously you're the one being challanged talking about dollars on a bitcoin forum.
Bitcoin is not about making dollars dude. You will loose if you keep that mindset

So he hasn't cashed in at all because he believes in his life time the fiat will crash and burn and bitcoin will rise to take it's place and he will be the saviour of the world financial institution.

Like I said...nutty.

Not knocking bitcoin or the idea behind such a currency but can we be realistic for a moment. I can agree that paper money is essentially worthless in terms of backing but at the moment it makes the world go round, thinking you have the best alternative is not the only reason to not cash in a little bit in the process.

After all, there is not a lot he could do with btc to enjoy his life that he could with fiat, just a fact at this moment in time.
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 05:23:09 AM

So he hasn't cashed in at all because he believes in his life time the fiat will crash and burn and bitcoin will rise to take it's place and he will be the saviour of the world financial institution.

Like I said...nutty.

Not knocking bitcoin or the idea behind such a currency but can we be realistic for a moment. I can agree that paper money is essentially worthless in terms of backing but at the moment it makes the world go round, thinking you have the best alternative is not the only reason to not cash in a little bit in the process.

After all, there is not a lot he could do with btc to enjoy his life that he could with fiat, just a fact at this moment in time.
That's pretty rich of you calling someone nutty and socially inept just because he has not spent any of his 1 million BTC. For all you know he might already be independently wealthy. After all many innovative tech people have made their own money via ground floor involvement in tech startups and the like. I'm sure he has his own reasons why he hasn't touched those coins, but he doesn't need to explain or justify them to anybody.
Window2Wall

Activity: 191

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:25:41 AM

Like I said...nutty.

That's pretty rich of you calling someone nutty and socially inept just because he has not spent any of his 1 million BTC. For all you know he might already be independently wealthy. After all many innovative tech people have made their own money via ground floor involvement in tech startups and the like. I'm sure he has his own reasons why he hasn't touched those coins, but he doesn't need to explain or justify them to anybody.
I would argue that him attempting to spend/sell any of his bitcoin would likely expose his identity which he does not want, additionally it would likely cause the price of bitcoin to go down when he sells even a small amount, which would make him loose a lot of money while gaining a small amount of fiat.
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 03:43:48 PM

You will be able to tell when Bitcoin is failing because the owner or owners of the first million coins will begin to sell them.

This can happen if all of the following are true:
1) Satoshi is an individual
2) Satoshi dies
3) Upon death there is a tax liability due. This can be either capital gains upon death, estate taxes or both.
4) Satoshi's estate sells the XBT in order to pay the tax liability.

You really think Satoshi has given his laywer private keys? I'm not saying it's not possible, but I find it highly unlikely that Satoshi would trust his identity(or at least the private keys of blocks that were apparently mined by him).
CryptoDomains

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 04:18:49 PM

So now we have to believe he is so independently wealthy he has no need for his coins...

So now if he even sold a little he would crash the market...

So now he can never spend any without revealing his identity.... ( this one I highly doubt, many ways around it)

In the end he is the poorest richest man I know lol

Just think, if he didn't make himself so secretive and just came out early and encouraged us all, the idea, the community etc and lobby for change he could enjoy himself.

Instead he was essentially to smart for his own good.

In fact I would go as far to say as he has made trusting btc as easy as trusting the gov. Hi here, use this, don't ask questions of me or where it came from or how, just use it and be happy.

CozyLife

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Theymos, unban my account.

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 04:29:55 PM

there has been a fuss around the fact that many think its not him writing the "im not dorian nakamoto"
any news on that ?

also, do you think nsa has the ability to know who is satoshi nakamoto if nsa really wanted to know it ?

The NSA IS Satoshi Nakamoto. If not, then it's the CIA. I find it VERY hard to imagine that the governments would just say, "Oh, you want a currency we can't control? Sure, we'll make it legal for you to use it. We don't care about our power." They built it and made it look like someone else did it. It's the One World Currency.

Due to an article that BitcoinTalk didn't like that I wrote on CCN, my account is banned. Theymos refuses to reply to my request for hearing his side of the story instead of banning my account. Please sign my petition to get Theymos to unban my account. Thank you.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:56:47 PM

Silly assertion is silly.

What makes you think that we know all the addresses where Satoshi has stored coins?

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
BTCulture

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:25:19 PM

Probably yes, it was his real profile so?
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 09:36:59 PM

there has been a fuss around the fact that many think its not him writing the "im not dorian nakamoto"
any news on that ?

also, do you think nsa has the ability to know who is satoshi nakamoto if nsa really wanted to know it ?

The NSA IS Satoshi Nakamoto. If not, then it's the CIA. I find it VERY hard to imagine that the governments would just say, "Oh, you want a currency we can't control? Sure, we'll make it legal for you to use it. We don't care about our power." They built it and made it look like someone else did it. It's the One World Currency.
How do you know it's the American agencies in your conspiracy theory?
fonenumba

Activity: 411

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:51:12 PM

You will be able to tell when Bitcoin is failing because the owner or owners of the first million coins will begin to sell them.

This can happen if all of the following are true:
1) Satoshi is an individual
2) Satoshi dies
3) Upon death there is a tax liability due. This can be either capital gains upon death, estate taxes or both.
4) Satoshi's estate sells the XBT in order to pay the tax liability.

You really think Satoshi has given his laywer private keys? I'm not saying it's not possible, but I find it highly unlikely that Satoshi would trust his identity(or at least the private keys of blocks that were apparently mined by him).
He could potentially set something up so that his private keys would be accessible to his heirs upon his death (along with instructions for use).
CryptoDomains

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:17:29 AM

What makes you think that we know all the addresses where Satoshi has stored coins?

So you are saying it is possible he has other address?

Id love to hear about these other addresses and how he would have them if he didn't touch his originals further or how any could substitute 100's of millions of dollars.
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:47:07 AM

any news on that ?

If the NSA did know then they would just take his Bitcoins without him knowing how they did it. Because he has so many Bitcoins he has every reason not to want to be known.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:49:26 AM

He didn't sign that message. So if he really wanted everybody to believe that he was the "real" Satoshi Nakamoto he definitely would have signed the message. If he was still alive he would know about the importance to sign the message as a proof for all the "crypto guys" to believe it was him.
Both, the unspent fortune plus the unsigned message (you can't sign a message when you don't have the private key) is leading to the death of Satoshi Nakamoto.

The sudden end of his writings was happening just after the CIA had raised interest and got involved in Bitcoin. Could be coincidence, but also could point to the reason of his disappearance.

The message could have been dropped for everybody to believe, that at the time of that message he was alive. No key, no sign, no proof, so to me Satoshi is still dead. R.I.P.

Around what time did the CIA openly take an interest in Bitcoin?  I can't recall a time period and would like to know more about that story.  It wouldn't surprise me if he has passed but I'd like to think Satoshi is alive and well.  Just sitting back and marveling at how far his experiment has come.   Cheesy
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 03:37:06 AM

So you are saying it is possible he has other address?

Id love to hear about these other addresses and how he would have them if he didn't touch his originals further or how any could substitute 100's of millions of dollars.

Yes, that is precisely what I am saying. We are pretty sure that a given set of addresses are his, due to analysis of the blocks with an incrementing nonce. But what makes you think he did not also mine on another machine, perhaps on an intermittent basis, thereby randomizing that nonce at each restart? And possibly changing the address to reward at each restart as well?

I can't pretend to know anything about these other (admittedly speculated) addresses, so I can't tell you all about them. But I am wondering why you are so sure that they don't exist. I don't know what 'touching his originals' has to do with anything, nor understand why there might be any need to 'substitute 100's of millions of dollars'.

I see it as a distinct possibility. And one that might allow him to live in relative comfort, if not in lavish style, by cashing in from these other addresses. Such would allow him to do so in a manner undetected, no?

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 07:12:07 PM

any news on that ?

You don't understand about the concept of "open source," do you?

There are a fair number of realistic possibilities as to the identity of Satoshi Nakamoto. The 3-letter alphabet agencies are not among them.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
Winner
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 01:41:20 AM

Fact is that since he wrote that post it is pretty obvious that he is still alive and lurks the forum.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███