Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:55:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: George Zimmerman arrested for 2nd degree murder for killing Trayvon Martin  (Read 14002 times)
vampire

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 04:54:06 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/16/world/europe/norway-breivik-trial/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

This is funny!!! Brevik was just defending himself....
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
girlsgonebitcoin

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2012, 07:11:58 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LONUecnsMb8&feature=player_embedded

enjoy
girlsgonebitcoin

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2012, 07:12:47 PM

It is indeed self-defense if Trayvon was a threat beforehand. Assault and attempting to cease a weapon warrants a gun shot. The threat had to be eliminated.

The threat could have been eliminated by not chasing.  That whole chase thing is what makes Zimmerman guilty.  He chased someone who he had no previous interaction with.  Trayvon did not steal or injure from Zimmerman to warrant being chased.  

If Zimmerman is not guilty, then it is ok to chase anyone in your neighborhood out.  Even people who live there.  Who did nothing.  

Do you want someone following you, chasing you around your own neighborhood?

It is not a crime for somebody to follow me.

It is not a crime for my assailant to shoot me once I start assaulting them and try to take their weapon.

Stalking is a crime.

Stalking isn't a crime unless a crime is committed dummy.
Ean

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 07:43:50 PM

IT'S COMING RIGHT FOR US!

Quote from: Douglas Adams
The World Wide Web is the only thing I know of whose shortened form takes three times longer to say than what it's short for
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 02:51:30 PM

It all comes down to who threw down first.
It is not advisable to follow someone you think is a criminal, but it is in no way illegal. If Trayvon hit him first and started banging his head on the pavement then he has every right to stop a potentially deadly attack. It IS a crime to assault someone. What should he do? Just give up and say "Oh well, kids will be kids"?
As far as "stand your ground laws", here is what you give up without such a law: Let's say some Anders Brevik kind of maniac starts shooting you and your family across the street from me. I would likely have my CC weapon on me and be in a position to help. However, without a stand your ground law, I would run away. Sorry, but I can't risk going to jail just to save your kids.  Perhaps you could call the cops? Because when seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
vampire

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 03:13:54 PM

Stalking isn't a crime unless a crime is committed dummy.

LOL! Our village idiot said something!

http://www.ncvc.org/src/main.aspx?dbID=DB_NewYork214#60
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 03:22:19 PM

It is not advisable to follow someone you think is a criminal, but it is in no way illegal. If Trayvon hit him first and started banging his head on the pavement then he has every right to stop a potentially deadly attack. It IS a crime to assault someone. What should he do? Just give up and say "Oh well, kids will be kids"?
As far as "stand your ground laws", here is what you give up without such a law: Let's say some Anders Brevik kind of maniac starts shooting you and your family across the street from me. I would likely have my CC weapon on me and be in a position to help. However, without a stand your ground law, I would run away. Sorry, but I can't risk going to jail just to save your kids.  Perhaps you could call the cops? Because when seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.

Um that is not correct.  If a crime is in progress, you have the right under common law to plead self-defence for any reasonable injury you inflict preventing it.  For example, giving a mugger a bloody nose even though he was robbing an old lady, not you, is perfectly legal.

"Stand your ground" takes this a step further.  If you think the guy is going to mug the old lady, maybe you can kill him.  The "reasonable" test is removed.

In this case, if Trayvon attacked Zimmerman, Zimmerman was well within his rights to kill him both under common law and "stand your ground" reinforces this.  On the other hand, if the voice screaming for mercy in the 911 call is that of Trayvon, Zimmerman is in trouble.
nedbert9

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Inactive

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 03:42:33 PM

As far as "stand your ground laws", here is what you give up without such a law: Let's say some Anders Brevik kind of maniac starts shooting you and your family across the street from me. I would likely have my CC weapon on me and be in a position to help. However, without a stand your ground law, I would run away. Sorry, but I can't risk going to jail just to save your kids.  Perhaps you could call the cops? Because when seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.

Um that is not correct.  If a crime is in progress, you have the right under common law to plead self-defence for any reasonable injury you inflict preventing it.  For example, giving a mugger a bloody nose even though he was robbing an old lady, not you, is perfectly legal.

"Stand your ground" takes this a step further.  If you think the guy is going to mug the old lady, maybe you can kill him.  The "reasonable" test is removed.

In this case, if Trayvon attacked Zimmerman, Zimmerman was well within his rights to kill him both under common law and "stand your ground" reinforces this.  On the other hand, if the voice screaming for mercy in the 911 call is that of Trayvon, Zimmerman is in trouble.

Maybe it was Trayvon screaming for assistance while on top of Zman and banging his head on the sidewalk.

I've seen people do that before. 

Smiley
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 05:08:32 PM

Maybe it was Trayvon screaming for assistance while on top of Zman and banging his head on the sidewalk.

I've seen people do that before. 

Smiley

Well the onus is on the prosecution...but that scenario seems unlikely to help the defence.  Zimmerman says it was him screaming.  If it was Trayvon, Zimmerman lied in his initial statement to the police and that would not look good to a jury.
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 06:25:37 PM

In this case, if Trayvon attacked Zimmerman, Zimmerman was well within his rights to kill him both under common law and "stand your ground" reinforces this.  On the other hand, if the voice screaming for mercy in the 911 call is that of Trayvon, Zimmerman is in trouble.
Perhaps, or perhaps not. What if it is happening one street over? can I go over there to respond? What if it is 20 miles away? I am not going to find out in a court of law. I am going to run if at all possible, even if it means certain death for your family.
I would also not use my gun to stop a rape for example. Rape is not murder and I think stopping a rapist with deadly force is murder.

vampire

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 07:16:25 PM

Perhaps, or perhaps not. What if it is happening one street over? can I go over there to respond? What if it is 20 miles away? I am not going to find out in a court of law. I am going to run if at all possible, even if it means certain death for your family.
I would also not use my gun to stop a rape for example. Rape is not murder and I think stopping a rapist with deadly force is murder.

NY isn't a castle doctrine state and of course isn't stand your ground.  But you're allowed to use deadly force against rapists and kidnappers.

I don;t know about other states, but they probably have similar laws.
JusticeForYou
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 271

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 07:21:27 PM

NY isn't a castle doctrine state and of course isn't stand your ground.  But you're allowed to use deadly force against rapists and kidnappers.

LOL,

Victim: Hey Stop !!! before I can shoot you, which type of criminal are you? Are you a Rapist or Kidnapper?

Criminal: ah... No.

Victim: Ok then go ahead and take my stuff. The money is in the vault. There is a lamp over there to murder me with when your done.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
vampire

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 07:29:28 PM

NY isn't a castle doctrine state and of course isn't stand your ground.  But you're allowed to use deadly force against rapists and kidnappers.

LOL,

Victim: Hey Stop !!! before I can shoot you, which type of criminal are you? Are you a Rapist or Kidnapper?

Victim: Ok then go ahead and take my stuff. The money is in the vault. There is a lamp over there to murder me with when your done.

That was meant in defense of others, that means you don't need to retreat. Of course if a kidnapper or a rapist is after you, in NY you need to run very fast.
JusticeForYou
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 271

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 07:49:26 PM

LOL,

That was meant in defense of others, that means you don't need to retreat. Of course if a kidnapper or a rapist is after you, in NY you need to run very fast.

Au contraire, they'll need to run very fast. (Decides which type of shells to put into the AA-12). Lets see, bean bag, bird shot, buck shot, and the best for last the grenade round (Frag-12) http://youtu.be/cQYp9fOJ9VI.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 05:57:32 PM

http://southflorida.sun-sentinel.com/news/os-george-zimmerman-bond-hearing-20120420,0,4802623.story

He made bail.

Now let's see if the "stand your ground" thing means the case is thrown out.
ElMoIsEviL

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 11:49:50 PM

Ah, but Trayvon was the original instigator in this matter, and he got what was coming to him.  He went looking for a fight and found one he couldn't handle, and died because of his own actions. No amount of crying, or "I could have been him 20 years ago" bullshit is going to change the facts of this matter. Zimmerman acted in self-defense after a premeditated assault, and the world has lost one more wanna-be gangbanger. Boo fucking hoo.
Interesting. Have you been interviewed as a witness? When do you testify?

If not, you're full of shit man, and you whine like a little punk ass bitch white boy, which you undoubtedly are.

Interesting standard you have for participation in the discussion, but completely typical of the knee-jerk neo-racism of the Black community in the US currently. If any criminal is Black, then he couldn't possibly be guilty, and if any White person speaks out against an obvious racially motivated hate-movement, like the lynching that Obama, the New Black Panthers, Sharpton, Jackson and the rest of the race-card pimps are crying for, they must be wrong and full of shit.

Too bad Dutchie- indeed I am White, but not quite the shit-filled punk-ass bitch you want to think I am. I speak out against racism of any kind, and in this case your boy Trayvon was wrong. He opened up a can of worms that he wasn't fully prepared to deal with, and got himself killed with his pseudo-macho gang-banger wanna-be antics. Zimmerman acted out the responsibility that he had taken on as a neighborhood watch member, and when assaulted, protected himself. Having the instant mob vigilantism of racist hate-mongers like Sharpton and Jackson appear to inflame the easily led, and the comments of Obama and the Hollywood Left has done nothing but pour gasoline on a very bad situation.

But, your champions won't be happy until there is full on race war in the US- it's part of the Stalinist/Alinsky agenda that Obama is acting as a puppet for. Look for a lot more Trayvons and Zimmermans in the coming months as we get ready for another crooked election season, influenced by the agit-prop of Sauros and the Leftist powerbrokers who hold the leashes of Obama and his kind. With any kind of consistency we can raze Detroit, Watts, Cincinnati and Crown Heights all over again so you and your fellow Black racists can make your political statements through murder and mayhem.

Really now... "got himself killed with his pseudo-macho gang-banger wanna-be antics" Really... and how did you determine this? So walking around outside = "pseudo-macho gang-banger wanna-be antic"?

Zimmerman walks around with a gun stalking (if you actually took the time to read through his previous 9-1-1 calls) young black males. He chased after Trayvon even after being told not to by a 9-1-1 operator. The irony is that it was Trayvon who "stood his ground" and confronted an armed stalker.

You're projecting a stereotypical view without knowing Trayvon's intentions. So much fail in your comment.

RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 04:41:18 PM

No one here knows George or Treyvon. So let's stop assigning our own thoughts to their heads. As far as "stalking", that's quite a loaded word. The police said "we don't need you to do that.." when they thought George was following Treyvon. It was not an order, nor was he breaking any rules following Treyvon.
Everyone was within their rights until the fight started. So who started the fight? That will be the alpha and the omega of this case.

Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 06:42:46 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/24/us/chief-bill-lee-jr-expected-to-resign-in-trayvon-martin-case.html?hp

It seems the officer on the scene wanted to charge Zimmerman but was overruled. 

You know, if you take a step back and look at the big picture, the system seems to be working as intended.  The police did mess up as did the local DA.  Now, they are sorting things out.  I still think Zimmerman will walk if the voice pleading for mercy turns out to be his.  But overall, what was an ugly situation is becoming fairly normal.
vampire

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 12:22:13 AM

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/06/12/3655268/zimmermans-wife-charged-with-perjury.html

So Zimmerman lied under oath
His wife lied under oath

Uh .... That's a huge mistake, now all of their statements can be scrutinized.

George Zimmerman "does not properly respect the law or the integrity of the judicial process," Lester wrote.'

Well looks like the judge doesn't like Zimmerman already, nor we should believe anything that liar says.
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 09:06:58 AM

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/06/12/3655268/zimmermans-wife-charged-with-perjury.html

So Zimmerman lied under oath
His wife lied under oath

Uh .... That's a huge mistake, now all of their statements can be scrutinized.

George Zimmerman "does not properly respect the law or the integrity of the judicial process," Lester wrote.'

Well looks like the judge doesn't like Zimmerman already, nor we should believe anything that liar says.

You don't have to believe him.  The way the law works, the State has to make a case that is believable beyond all reasonable doubt.  Even if the defendant has a track record of similiar crimes, he still gets the benefit of the doubt.  In this case, it looks as if Zimmerman got greedy and lied so he could keep the money.  He may well go to jail for that.  But he still gets the benefit of the doubt on the Trayvon shooting.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: