Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:41:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MONERO.RS 100 XMR Giveaway (RE-OPENED)  (Read 5104 times)
MONERO.RS (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 02:45:10 PM

Great suggestions, everyone. Keep 'em coming!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 04:05:03 PM

SMS (paid?) notification if your worker hasn't submitted a share to the pool in a certain amount of time. The amount of time can be calculated based on performance in the past, for example 4 standard variations longer then the expected time to the next share (I'm assuming the probability of finding a share within x time follows a normal distribution).
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 05:09:39 PM

Estimated "Weekly Bitcoin Bill Pay \ Save the Rest" feature.

Auto convert my estimated power costs (should be a calculator of $ + Kw/H).  Pool auto cashes out amount of bitcoin I need to pay my electric bill and just keeps the rest in Monero.

Would need input of $ per Kw/H, est watts, and bill due date.  Have to pull current value of bitcoin to calc how much to cash out - maybe slowly auto convert over the month to get within 5% of this by bill due date.

A donation pool towards devs that miners can contribute to and the pool matches.  Display a ticking counter somewhere.  Monero is underfunded ... don't want the goose that lays the golden eggs to die.
equipoise

Activity: 794
Merit: 1000

Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 07:25:57 PM

SMS (paid?) notification if your worker hasn't submitted a share to the pool in a certain amount of time. The amount of time can be calculated based on performance in the past, for example 4 standard variations longer then the expected time to the next share (I'm assuming the probability of finding a share within x time follows a normal distribution).
Isn't it a gamma distribution?

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
Miki

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:03:59 PM

Affiliate/Referral comission! My how-to mine $currency instructions and tips get thousands of page views a day. I dont want a check from google, i want referral comission!
Implement a new variable in the syntax, eg. -r $refID.

I'd be happy with 1% of the income people i refer to make Smiley
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:53:19 PM

Isn't it a gamma distribution?

Could be, statistics in uni is getting a bit rusty. If I'm not certain I always fall back on the normal distribution because it's applicable more often than not and if it isn't it usually doesn't deviate too far from the truth.
sandor111

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 08:57:59 PM

Affiliate/Referral comission! My how-to mine $currency instructions and tips get thousands of page views a day. I dont want a check from google, i want referral comission!

Referrals would assume the pool had some sort of registration, otherwise it's very hard to reliably implement.
I don't think miners are going to bother with "-r $refID".

Miki

Activity: 68

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:12:14 PM

Referrals would assume the pool had some sort of registration, otherwise it's very hard to reliably implement.
I don't think miners are going to bother with "-r $refID".

They will if they are told to. My audience are crypto-beginners. Fresh blood Smiley
MTJ151

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:13:43 AM

Monitoring of every rig via email
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 12:42:52 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 08:30:32 PM by iCEBREAKER

• Private linux miner with 5-12% boost in performance (AES only CPUs) compared to cpuminer-multi public version

1) Please make a script to install ^this^ on Debian/Ubuntu, like the normal [git clone git://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero && cd bitmonero && make] one.

2) Don't forget DDOS protection!  If your pool is a success, people will try to nuke it from orbit.  KoDDOS.com takes BTC, maybe you can get them to take XMR.

3) A Hall of Fame for block solvers is always nice, as are teams.  If you are very ambitious, a tech support hot line would be helpful.

4) Be sure to pass on some XMR to the dev fund.  You could even make the % user-adjustable.

EDIT ONE: 5) Make it hop-proof with PPLNS or whatever.

EDIT TWO: 6) 2FA for security.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
wooder

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 08:50:50 AM

1) user login where the user can deside when the payout happens and other options

2) user and pw are both monero address and payout is split between both adresses

3) top mining addresses on this pool

4) top hashrates on this pool
pepperino84

Activity: 52

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 10:17:37 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 08:32:08 PM by pepperino84

- hashrate diagram for workers Wink
- live profitability for user hashrate in BTC & EUR & USD
- logo
- weekly winner x% form pool fee
low quality sample: https://i.imgur.com/iJp6To1.jpg
MONERO.RS (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 05:17:52 PM

24h left before we choose the best ideas!
MalMen

Activity: 95

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 05:38:36 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2014, 05:49:00 PM by MalMen

Total Hashes Submitted and dificulty in Kh, MH, Gh (the nearest one so we dont have large numbers)
option to take claymore fee or the number choosen of fee to the dev (i will gladly give part of my claymore fee to dev team of monero, they deserve it way mor than claymore in my opinion)
Estimate earn by day on front of current hashrate based on last hour hash rate

Edit
On the graph if there are more than 2 workers show the hashrate of each one separated, so we can compare
papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 08:00:49 PM

No-fee mining week for the miner with most blocks found in the previous one. Or most shares submitted. Whichever get's you more miners.
24core

Activity: 582
Merit: 250

An Impressive Purely Anonymous Currency.

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 08:52:22 PM

The challenge with most of these sites is :-

Should we create a login so we can remember your address, then we can you your stat's etc..

The solution is quite simple just have box at the top of the screen that allows you to enter your address.  Then store the address in a cookie.
This way you don't have to re-enter your address every do dam time you want to check your stat's
Also you can create quick links to additional functionally as and when it is added.

To extend this model further you could create light-weight settings that stored in the cookies.  You delete your cookies you start again!!

You can then offer full login for those people who their settings stored on the server so they get the same experience on multiple channels.

This framework would allow all the great features to be added appropriately to the different types of logins(lightweight and full).

Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 08:59:54 PM

Random miner bonuses.

No fees happy hours

MONERO.RS (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:59:41 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2014, 09:29:37 PM by MONERO.RS

Thanks for all the input everyone! We will now be picking winners for the giveaway one at a time.

First winner is... myagui

The ability to customize each user's mining payout threshold within a range defined by the pool OP.

This could be set for instance, by mining with a password matching the desired threshold value, and possibly only allowing threshold values greater than the default, not smaller ones. Smaller ones are not meaningful, since the default is already as low as it should be, and you're already doing frequent payout intervals.

Advantage for miners: Any users setting a threshold value higher than default, would gain by having a lesser number of TX inputs. While not dust, small payments eventually sum up to make larger transaction sizes by the time one spends those coins, and the time will come when the weight of transactions will correlate directly to transaction fees.

Advantage for pool: With some users setting higher payout thresholds, there are fewer payments to execute, and there's an opportunity to save on transaction fees. Savings might not be immediate as the current fee is fixed, but will certainly be an advantage as soon as fees are established as factor of transaction sizes.

Cheers,
~ Myagui

Congratulations, we have sent you a PM with further instructions on how to claim the 20 XMR.
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:13:05 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 01:20:56 PM by myagui

PM Replied! It's really great to see a pool op that not only cares for innovating, but even goes as far as rewarding the community for contributing in the creative process! Many thanks guys, thumbs up!

Edit: Award Received! Thanks again!

~ Myagui

MONERO.RS (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:39:48 PM

Second winner is... wachtwoord

Congratulations, we have sent you a PM with further instructions on how to claim the 20 XMR.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: