Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:07:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Physical Bitcoin Design Finalists - VOID - New Thread soon - See Statement  (Read 7964 times)
BTC-Graphicdesigns

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:04:25 AM

First I would like to say that my vote goes to Mr. Bau.
I had expected his design to be in the final 5.
Even though I was curious what do gears have to do with Bitcoin, it clicked.
Bitcoin, it just works like a Swiss clock.
(that was your idea right?  Wink)

Secondly, I too have some comments to make but I believe it is wise to wait for Coinographic to make their comments/statements first.

Third, to anyone reading the description of my design please keep in mind that, that is specifically for my first submission (see pics below) even though the elements/details are more or less the same for this one as well.

Your design isn't solid gold and clearly fails to meet the contest rules of designing a "solid gold coin". You should also be disqualified!
So basically we have 3 designs that shouldn't even be in the final 5 because they fail meet the contest rules.

▄▄█▀█▄▄
                   ▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
              ▄▄███▀                ███▄▄▄
           █▀▀ ▄█    ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▀▄  ▀█
          ▄▌ ▄▀    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄   ▀█▄▐█
         ▐██▀    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀███
        ▐█▀    ▓▓▓▓▓███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄    ▀█▌
       ▐█▌     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓███▌▓▓▓▓▓▓░    ▐█▌
      ▐██▌    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▐██▌
      █ █▌    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀▀█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▐█ █▄
     █▌ █▌     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓░    ▐█ ▐█
      █ █▌     ▐▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▀     ▐█ █
       ██▌       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀      ▐██▀
       ▐█▌        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀        ▐█▌
        ▐█▄          ▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀          ▄█▌
         ▀█▀█▄                            █▀█▀
          ▀█ ▀█▄  ▐███▐▐ ▀▀▀▀▌▀ ▒▀▀▓   ▄█▀ ▐█
           ▀█▄▄▀█▄▐▒█▐▐▐ ▐▐  █▌ ░██▓ ▄█▀ ▄▄█
              ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                    ▀▀█▄▄     ▄▄█▀▀▀
                         ▀▀█▀▀

█████████▄▄     █▄ ▄▄  ▐████████████▄ ████████████▄      ▄▄██████▄▄
    ▐█▌  ▄▄▄  ▀██    █▌ ██   ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄     ▄█▀   ▄▄▄  ▀▀█▄
    ▐█▌ ▀▀▀▀▀█  ██   █▌ ██   ▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀█▌ ██▀▀▀▀   ██  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄  ██
    ▐█▌   ███▀  █▌   █▌ ██      ▐█  █▌         █▌ ██      ██  ▀▀       ██  ▀
    ▐█▌  ▄▄▄   ██    █▌ ██      ▐█  █▌         █▌ ██      █▌           ▐█
    ▐█▌ ▀▀▀▀▀█  ██   █▌ ██      ▐█  █▌         █▌ ██      ██  ██      ▄██  █
    ▐█▌   ███▀  █▌   █▌ ██      ▐█  █▌         █▌ ██       ██▄ ▀██████▀▀ ▄█▀
    ▐█▌  ▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    █▌ ██      ▐█  █▌         █▌ ██        ▀██▄▄     ▄▄█▀
     ▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀  ▀▀       ▀  ▀          ▀  ▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██

██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██  ██
   ██
██  ██
██

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrBAU

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:04:31 AM

Couldn't agree more with the guys above, Even if I'm not chosen I don't reply in hatred,
But there were other designs better than what you choose.

╫▓▌                                                   ╞▓▒╓▓▓              ╒▓╣
      └                                                    ╠▓▌ └               ╓▓▓
     ▐▓▒  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▄    ▄▓▓▓▓▓▄╓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖   ┌▄▓▓▓▓▓▄┐    ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌ ▓▓  ┌▄▓▓▓▓▓▓╖ ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
     ▐▓▒ ▓▓░   └▓▓ ┌▓▓└   ╙▓▓▌    ╟▓▌ ╓▓▓└    ╟▓▌ ┌▓▓╜    ╙▓▓▌ ▓▓ ▐▓▓└    ╙▓▌  ╘▓╣  ┌▓▓░    ╙▓▓
     ▐▓▒└▓▓     ▐▓░╞▓▌     ╟▓░    ┌▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ╟▓▌      ║▓▌ ▓▓ ▓▓       ╟▓░ ╘▓▌  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
     ▐▓▒└▓▓     ▐▓░╞▓▌     ╟▓░    ┌▓▓ ╙▓▓┐    ▄▄╕  ▓▓╖    ╓▓▓  ▓▓ ╙▓▓┐    ▄▓▓░  ▓▓┐ └▓▓╖    ╓▄╗
     ▐▓▒└▓▓     ▐▓░╞▓▌     ╟▓░    ┌▓▓  └▀▓▓▓▓▓▀╙    ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓╜   ▓▓   ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ▀▓▓  ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓╜

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄▄███▄
                    ▄▄███▀▀ ██
               ,▄████▀'    ▐█▌
           ,▄████▀-  ▄&    ██
       ,▄███▀▀    ╓▄▀     ██▌
   ▄▄███▀▀     ,▄█▀      ▐██ 
╔███▀▀       ▄██▀        ██¬ 
██▄,      ▄███▀         ▐██   
 ▀▀█████████▀           ██   
       ██████▄▄        ██▌   
       ██Ç  ▀█████▄▄, ▐██     
        ██Ç ╔██` ╙▀▀████-     
         █████               
          ▀▀╙                 
JOIN US
ON TELEGRAM

████████           
           ████████           
           ████████           
           ████████           
      τgggg████████▌gggr     
        ██████████████`       
         `██████████'         
 ███       ╘██████▀       ███
 ███²        ▀███         ███
 ███²          `          ███
 ███╦╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓███
 ████████████████████████████
READ OUR
WHITEPAPER
PolyCoin-Team

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:09:17 AM

We are happy with our selections.  5 of us in the office all rated each coin from 1-10, then all votes were added together to form a total score and select the final 5.

Coinographic, you and the other 4 guys are blind. This is a total joke and your company will not be taken serious anymore.
I am no designer and I also did not post a coindesign for this contest. I collect gold coins and I can tell you the 5 designs that you and the other 4 guys in your office have choosen are weak, very weak. Also 3 of those designs don't seem to comply with the contest rules. You and your company are a joke. I will definatly be buying my gold coins from somewhere else in the future. Also that "elianate" guy was sending pms offering a payment of 20$ in BTC if anybody can designs his handdrawn coin with photoshop. So actually 4 of the 5 designs clearly should not be in the top 5!

S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:11:40 AM

First I would like to say that my vote goes to Mr. Bau.
I had expected his design to be in the final 5.
Even though I was curious what do gears have to do with Bitcoin, it clicked.
Bitcoin, it just works like a Swiss clock.
(that was your idea right?  Wink)

Secondly, I too have some comments to make but I believe it is wise to wait for Coinographic to make their comments/statements first.

Third, to anyone reading the description of my design please keep in mind that, that is specifically for my first submission (see pics below) even though the elements/details are more or less the same for this one as well.

Your design isn't solid gold and clearly fails to meet the contest rules of designing a "solid gold coin". You should also be disqualified!
So basically we have 3 designs that shouldn't even be in the final 5 because they fail meet the contest rules.

WRONG.
My design is solid gold.
Have a look at my submission.
A solid yellow gold version was also submitted.
calem

Activity: 291
Merit: 106

Founder #Zerozed $x0z

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 11:17:17 AM

Huge vote @iawgoM

"Suppressing bad ideas can be as dangerous as the bad ideas themselves." | One of the greatest ethical and logistical challenges humanity has been forced to face is one that has not changed since the dawn of society itself. The fair and even distribution of wealth and power. Using the Diffusion of Innovations to model a more sensible inflation schedule, [x0z] Zerozed aims to bring stability to the wider market...
ChekaZ
Legendary

Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:19:29 AM

Iam voting for Design one by iawgoM.

BTC: 1Ges1taJ69W7eEMbQLcmNGnUZenBkCnn45
FTC: 6sxjM96KMZ7t4AmDTUKDZdq82Nj931VQvY
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:27:15 AM

Voting for @elianite

The back looks way cool!

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
S4VV4S

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:18:07 PM

@Coinographic

Actually, one of my designs was selected yet I have some comments to make:

1) One of the designs you have selected is already facing 2 claims of copyright infringement and it was not complete, it is missing the box.
Specifically speaking about iawgoM's design who's front side of the coin is a copy of Mr. Bau's and LitecoinCollector's designs and the back, the center of the hologram is a copy of your existing hologram.
Apart from that he/she has not provided ANY details regarding “his/her” concept.
It would have been nice to know how they came up with “their” idea.

Your rules have been broken both in terms of delivering a complete design and in terms of violation of copyrights.

And to quote:

You should design all aspects of the coin from the coin itself to the hologram and the packaging it will be supplied in.

The winning designer confirms that;

1)   They agree to work with us after the voting is complete until the final coin design is produced, no matter the amount of time this takes
2)   That the design does not infringe on any copyright and is an original work created for the purpose of the competition
3)   They agree to sign a copyright release for the finished design over to us

Those are your rules right?
And you are firm about sticking to the rules right?

2) It has been proven that two of the finalists are asking people to vote for their design.
Specifically speaking iawgoM and elianite
So this voting thing is not working simply because it is he/she who knows the most people not the one who has the most skills and creativity.

And to quote:

I vote for iawgoM. Not only I know his great work (i.e. Urocoin logo, tons of work for FTC and other project) but it is simply the most slick logo in competition.
iawgoM +1

I vote for design #1 by iawgoM. I just like his work the best and consider it most appropriate for this competition Smiley

Btw I am already familiar with his work and I can assure you that he is best choice for winner.

Vote: iawgoM

I'm still voting iawgoM, I have worked with iawgoM and always been happy with the results, he is professional.

You clearly liked his design and you managed to overlook the box when you picked the finalists, I think it's wrong now to go back on that :/

Drugari, mogu zamolit za malo podrske na ovom topicu: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=764623.0
Samo treba ukratko dati vote za moj design, ako vam se svidja...minutica posla...Hvala!

(it seems like a lot of people know iawgoM very well, they even support him even though they know his idea is stolen. Apart from what is quoted above some of his votes comes from members who didn't post anything in quite a while.)

One or some of the contestants are blasting out PM to members to vote on them.
Just FYI.

This was me. I sent dj6230 a friendly message linking to this thread, since I had bought a physical bitcoin from him some time ago. I felt this was appropriate and well within the ideals of fair play. I encourage everyone to vote for the coin they see as being the most worthy.

Now, I truly appreciate the fact that you have chosen one of my designs, however I am obliged to be honest here when I say that I feel that this competition is rigged in the sense that, well, like I said, some finalists are asking for people to vote on their design and you allow a stolen idea to participate as a finalist who just so happens to collect votes from people he asked to do so.

Apart from that, allowing ANY design that has clearly been marked as a copy of someone else's work and even worse proceeding with producing a such coin will also make you responsible in case of any legal claims since you have been warned and the work of the members who’s ideas got stolen are watermarked and timestamped.

All of the above being said I call upon theymos or any other moderator to go through all my private msgs as to verify that I had NOT contacted anyone as to vote for my design.
My thread posts are visible to anyone I believe.
Just to make that clear.

My apologies for having to say all this but like I said I feel obliged to be 100% honest about this whole matter, regardless of the fact that I will win at least 0.25BTC.
And there is quite a few people that feel disappointed about this and to be honest I agree with their reaction and frustration about the matter. It’s simply not fair.

PS: Also, I would have preferred if you have chosen the Octagon version of my coin.

@iawgoM
Do you know what is the difference between arrogance and self confidence?

An arrogant person thinks they are better than everyone else yet it has been proven that arrogant people are nothing but talk and usually steal other people’s ideas and present them as their own.

A person who is self confident knows that they can meet the deadline with something ORIGINAL.

Guess which one you are…..

Coinographic (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Physical Digital Currency

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 12:22:17 PM

After some deliberation with the partners of the business and in the interests of being fair, we have decided to open up all designs for the vote.  

It was our intention from the very beginning of starting this business to be a company that had all of our products built directly from within the communities that drive them.

The prizes will stand.  1st place will win the coin and 2nd-5th will win 0.25 BTC.

This is by far the ultimate in fairness to everyone concerned and will truly ensure we get the best design as voted for by the community.

Can a moderator please lock this thread? we will re-open voting shortly with all the designs to vote on.

Thank you
S4VV4S

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:25:06 PM

After some deliberation with the partners of the business and in the interests of being fair, we have decided to open up all designs for the vote.  

It was our intention from the very beginning of starting this business to be a company that had all of our products built directly from within the communities that drive them.

The prizes will stand.  1st place will win the coin and 2nd-5th will win 0.25 BTC.

This is by far the ultimate in fairness to everyone concerned and will truly ensure we get the best design as voted for by the community.

Can a moderator please lock this thread? we will re-open voting shortly with all the designs to vote on.

Thank you

Well done!
Congrats!

EDIT: What about the stolen idea and people asking their buddies to vote for them?
PolyCoin-Team

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:28:53 PM

Thank you

Finally some common sense has hit you. Now how about you disqualify eliante for trying to buy votes and for paying a designer to photoshop his handdrawn design. bonksnp2 because he failed to design a solid gold coin and iawgoM for not posting a box and stealing an idea (even a one minute box would have been enough).
How do you plan on making sure that the votes comming from the community can not be manipulated?

iawgoM

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:31:54 PM

Blah blah blah...yada yada yada...

1. I stole nothing from noone. Ideas were all mine.
2. Do you even know what copyright is? What they meant is "Don't put Coca Cola logo on the coin, because we're going to get sued for using registered trademark." People are accusing me for what? Using word "five". I mean, daaaaamn!?
3. People support me because I've done tons of good quality design jobs, with nothing but great understanding and cooperation so far. Kill me because of that, pls  Huh And actually I told some people to vote for me "if they like my design..."

I'm done with this...Good luck to all in open voting.
iawgoM

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:35:23 PM

Thank you

Votes from this thread will count?
PolyCoin-Team

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:36:26 PM

Thank you

Votes from this thread will count?

Obvious scam is obvious, your friends from the feathercoin community have been voting for you!!!

iawgoM

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:40:13 PM

Obvious scam is obvious, your friends from the feathercoin community have been voting for you!!!

Oh leave me F-ing alone dude!? Yes, people who worked with me and support my work have the right to vote, right? You don't have any friends who respect your work? So sorry, that's not my fault.
Nothing scammy around here. I've lost many contests because some noobs made awful work in Paint and got bunch of their friends and even fake accounts to vote for them.
S4VV4S

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:43:44 PM

Blah blah blah...yada yada yada...

1. I stole nothing from noone. Ideas were all mine.
2. Do you even know what copyright is? What they meant is "Don't put Coca Cola logo on the coin, because we're going to get sued for using registered trademark." People are accusing me for what? Using word "five". I mean, daaaaamn!?
3. People support me because I've done tons of good quality design jobs, with nothing but great understanding and cooperation so far. Kill me because of that, pls  Huh And actually I told some people to vote for me "if they like my design..."

I'm done with this...Good luck to all in open voting.

1) Yeah right.
"Ideas were all mine....."
"It doesn't matter that the front is a copy of Mr. Bau's and LitecoinCollector's designs who happen to have posted their ideas before mine."

2) Do you know what watermarks are used for?

3) People support you because you asked them to do so.
If I went in the Greek forum and asked all Greeks to vote for my design "if" they liked it I can guarantee to you that they would vote for it even if they didn't like it.
Also, I am really curious to see some of your previous work. I wonder where you "draw" your inspiration from.

PolyCoin-Team

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:44:55 PM

Thank you to a designer who was also involved in the contest. He sent me this pm which he had received from elianite:

LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:45:08 PM

This is a scam and coinographic is in on it.
MrBAU

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:45:48 PM

Oh leave me F-ing alone dude!? Yes, people who worked with me and support my work have the right to vote, right? You don't have any friends who respect your work? So sorry, that's not my fault.
Nothing scammy around here. I've lost many contests because some noobs made awful work in Paint and got bunch of their friends and even fake accounts to vote for them.
Sorry to say this but Mr. iawgoM, but we all have friends, should we all ask them to vote for us and have a voting battle, or should be a fair contest and let people choose?

╫▓▌                                                   ╞▓▒╓▓▓              ╒▓╣
      └                                                    ╠▓▌ └               ╓▓▓
     ▐▓▒  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▄    ▄▓▓▓▓▓▄╓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖   ┌▄▓▓▓▓▓▄┐    ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌ ▓▓  ┌▄▓▓▓▓▓▓╖ ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
     ▐▓▒ ▓▓░   └▓▓ ┌▓▓└   ╙▓▓▌    ╟▓▌ ╓▓▓└    ╟▓▌ ┌▓▓╜    ╙▓▓▌ ▓▓ ▐▓▓└    ╙▓▌  ╘▓╣  ┌▓▓░    ╙▓▓
     ▐▓▒└▓▓     ▐▓░╞▓▌     ╟▓░    ┌▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ╟▓▌      ║▓▌ ▓▓ ▓▓       ╟▓░ ╘▓▌  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
     ▐▓▒└▓▓     ▐▓░╞▓▌     ╟▓░    ┌▓▓ ╙▓▓┐    ▄▄╕  ▓▓╖    ╓▓▓  ▓▓ ╙▓▓┐    ▄▓▓░  ▓▓┐ └▓▓╖    ╓▄╗
     ▐▓▒└▓▓     ▐▓░╞▓▌     ╟▓░    ┌▓▓  └▀▓▓▓▓▓▀╙    ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓╜   ▓▓   ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ▀▓▓  ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓╜

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄▄███▄
                    ▄▄███▀▀ ██
               ,▄████▀'    ▐█▌
           ,▄████▀-  ▄&    ██
       ,▄███▀▀    ╓▄▀     ██▌
   ▄▄███▀▀     ,▄█▀      ▐██ 
╔███▀▀       ▄██▀        ██¬ 
██▄,      ▄███▀         ▐██   
 ▀▀█████████▀           ██   
       ██████▄▄        ██▌   
       ██Ç  ▀█████▄▄, ▐██     
        ██Ç ╔██` ╙▀▀████-     
         █████               
          ▀▀╙                 
JOIN US
ON TELEGRAM

████████           
           ████████           
           ████████           
           ████████           
      τgggg████████▌gggr     
        ██████████████`       
         `██████████'         
 ███       ╘██████▀       ███
 ███²        ▀███         ███
 ███²          `          ███
 ███╦╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓███
 ████████████████████████████
READ OUR
WHITEPAPER
PolyCoin-Team

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 12:58:55 PM

Coinographic, when you open voting through the community you should think about making this a fair vote.
For example each voter should verify him- or herself with his or her facebook account. No new facebook accounts that have been created after the 31st August. And no new bitcointalk.org accounts that have been created after the 31st August.
Just an idea.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: