Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:02:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Physical Bitcoin Design Finalists - VOID - New Thread soon - See Statement  (Read 7958 times)
iawgoM

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:00:51 PM

Sorry Mr. iawgoM, but we all have friends, should we all ask them to vote for us and have a voting battle, or should be a fair contest and let people choose?

Your coin wasn't even gold...nor white gold...it was black?!...Great design I have to agree, but for screen, not sure is it possible to mint a coin with such a small details - would be great though. Did your work inspire me? Could be, doesn't have to be, I think it didn't.

See, I had and still have many comments of every design that was posted. But I kept my mouth shut. Didn't go around and whine, accuse, spit on other people's work. And you all just got scared because of two things:
1. It seems that I made a nice coin (call this arrogant, self-confident, whatever...)
2. There is obviously lot of votes for me

For those reasons, you all just stand united and try to find a way to eliminate me...
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:05:15 PM

Sorry Mr. iawgoM, but we all have friends, should we all ask them to vote for us and have a voting battle, or should be a fair contest and let people choose?

Your coin wasn't even gold...nor white gold...it was black?!...Great design I have to agree, but for screen, not sure is it possible to mint a coin with such a small details - would be great though. Did your work inspire me? Could be, doesn't have to be, I think it didn't.

See, I had and still have many comments of every design that was posted. But I kept my mouth shut. Didn't go around and whine, accuse, spit on other people's work. And you all just got scared because of two things:
1. It seems that I made a nice coin (call this arrogant, self-confident, whatever...)
2. There is obviously lot of votes for me

For those reasons, you all just stand united and try to find a way to eliminate me...

Really?

So how comes nobody is accusing me of anything?
Or Mr. Bau?
Or the LitecoinCollector?

Or anyone else for that matter - except from elianite who also tried to buy votes.
PolyCoin-Team

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:06:25 PM

Mr . Bau your coin should also be disqualified. It was clearly stated that it has to be a solid gold coin. Your coin has a lot of black in it. Coinographic even asked you to make a gold coin design, which you did not do.
Also as a professional coin collector I can tell you that your coindesign is not mintable (the designs of the "clockwork" is to small and would break off).

S4VV4S

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:07:54 PM

Coinographic, when you open voting through the community you should think about making this a fair vote.
For example each voter should verify him- or herself with his or her facebook account. No new facebook accounts that have been created after the 31st August. And no new bitcointalk.org accounts that have been created after the 31st August.
Just an idea.

That is not going to work.
As you can see some people asked already registered members who they are friends with to vote for them.
PolyCoin-Team

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:10:39 PM

Coinographic, when you open voting through the community you should think about making this a fair vote.
For example each voter should verify him- or herself with his or her facebook account. No new facebook accounts that have been created after the 31st August. And no new bitcointalk.org accounts that have been created after the 31st August.
Just an idea.

That is not going to work.
As you can see some people asked already registered members who they are friends with to vote for them.

True, do you have any better ideas?

Coinographic (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Physical Digital Currency

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 01:16:22 PM

We will NOT be disqualifying anybody!  Every design submitted will be put out for the open vote.  If you don't like the design, you don't have to vote on it.  With boxes or without boxes - all designs will be included.  The winning designer will have to make all aspects of the design as per the terms of entry but this can we done after the winning concept is selected.

We are working on a clear set of rules for the voting, which if broken will cause a disqualification.

We will post the open voting thread as soon as possible.  In the mean time if a moderator sees this thread, can they please lock it
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:18:05 PM

Mr . Bau your coin should also be disqualified. It was clearly stated that it has to be a solid gold coin. Your coin has a lot of black in it. Coinographic even asked you to make a gold coin design, which you did not do.
Also as a professional coin collector I can tell you that your coindesign is not mintable (the designs of the "clockwork" is to small and would break off).

Break off! Really, are you guessing this or have actually minted coins!
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:19:37 PM

We will NOT be disqualifying anybody!  Every design submitted will be put out for the open vote.  If you don't like the design, you don't have to vote on it.  With boxes or without boxes - all designs will be included.  The winning designer will have to make all aspects of the design as per the terms of entry but this can we done after the winning concept is selected.

We are working on a clear set of rules for the voting, which if broken will cause a disqualification.

We will post the open voting thread as soon as possible.  In the mean time if a moderator sees this thread, can they please lock it

Finally taking responsibility!
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 01:27:08 PM

I vote for design 2 by elianite, but design 4 is amazing as well. It was a though choice for me.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
Wellenreiter

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:31:24 PM

I vote for iwagoM
S4VV4S

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:37:19 PM

I vote for iwagoM

Coinographic
How do you plan on stopping "votes" like this one?

Go ahead, click on his member name and check out his last posts.

Nothing posted for over 2 months and guess what?
They are a Feathercoin supporter.

And we all know that iawgoM asked his buddies in the Croatian and Feathercoin forums to vote for him.

I hope you come up with a truly fair voting system.
iawgoM

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:38:56 PM

I vote for iwagoM

Coinographic

And we all know that iawgoM asked his buddies in the Croatian and Feathercoin forums to vote for him.

What do you want? Only random visitors who stumble upon this thread to vote? Family members and pets are also forbidden to vote? Smiley
S4VV4S

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:42:16 PM

I vote for iwagoM

Coinographic

What do you want? Only random visitors who stumble upon this thread to vote? Family members and pets are also forbidden to vote? Smiley

Mind you random visitors will vote truthfully, not because they have been asked to do so.
Coinographic (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Physical Digital Currency

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 01:43:19 PM

I vote for iwagoM

Coinographic

This is a difficult one.  We all have friends and i am sure we would all like our friends to support our work.  All voters would have had to have a bitcointalk account registered prior to the 31st August which will stop people registering just to vote.  I guess we could add a minimum post count for a vote to be counted as well, but its pretty easy to build that up.  I'm open to suggestions.  Maybe

you must have made a post on bitcointalk within the month of august for the vote to count / but that could discount a lot of genuine voters

open to ideas....
S4VV4S

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:50:16 PM

I vote for iwagoM

Coinographic

This is a difficult one.  We all have friends and i am sure we would all like our friends to support our work.  All voters would have had to have a bitcointalk account registered prior to the 31st August which will stop people registering just to vote.  I guess we could add a minimum post count for a vote to be counted as well, but its pretty easy to build that up.  I'm open to suggestions.  Maybe

you must have made a post on bitcointalk within the month of august for the vote to count / but that could discount a lot of genuine voters

open to ideas....

It is indeed a tough one.
I mean some of iawgoM's friends just vote blindly even though the voting in this thread was terminated.
they don't even go through the trouble of actually reading a bit of the thread.

Anyway, yes it is a very difficult task and to be honest I have no clue on how this can be done and be 100% fair..  Undecided
iawgoM

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:51:16 PM

Let me guess, only fair voting system is where noone is allowed to vote for me?  Lips sealed
PolyCoin-Team

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:54:59 PM

I vote for iwagoM

Coinographic

open to ideas....

Here some ideas:
(1) Allow only hero and legendary members to vote. I am sure none of the coindesigners have friends that are hero and legendary members because these are the early adopters from 2009.

(2) Let the voting take place on three or four other forums and not here on bitcointalk.org. In the end the total votes for each design from each forum are added up.

(3) Vote on facebook only? But here you would have the problem that all the friends would also vote for the same designer.

(4) Vote with an envelope by registered mail only.

LitcoinCollector
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:57:12 PM

I vote for iwagoM

Coinographic

Feathercoin!?, maybe we should let him win  Grin
S4VV4S

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 02:00:41 PM

Let me guess, only fair voting system is where noone is allowed to vote for me?  Lips sealed

If it's like your buddy rob and wellenreiter (and others) who just vote for you (regardless of the fact that some of them did not see that there is no more voting) then no.
They shouldn't vote because that vote will not be true.
It's just your buddies doing you a favor which in turn is not a favor.
They just make you worse because they are not voting truthfully.
Therefor you are only having the illusion that you are a good designer.
Personally I think you are a fraud and that you are lying to yourself.

LitcoinCollector
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 02:08:22 PM

If it's like your buddy rob and wellenreiter (and others) who just vote for you (regardless of the fact that some of them did not see that there is no more voting) then no.
They shouldn't vote because that vote will not be true.
It's just your buddies doing you a favor which in turn is not a favor.
They just make you worse because they are not voting truthfully.
Therefor you are only having the illusion that you are a good designer.
Personally I think you are a fraud and that you are lying to yourself.

Yeh man, it's like asking your parents and family if they like what you made.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: