Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:02:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Physical Bitcoin Design Finalists - Cast Your Vote Now! - Ends 10th September 14  (Read 19734 times)
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 07:24:18 AM

I hate manipulation, you know the design I am talking about, it defies the whole bitcoin spirit.

Coinographic, in the future, don't let the community vote.

Just choose the designs yourself.

This was a learning experience for me, movin' on.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PolyCoin-Team

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 07:28:00 AM

I hate manipulation, you know the design I am talking about, it defies the whole bitcoin spirit.

Who knows, maybe Coinographic is part of the manipulation? I mean check the 5 designs he chose? WTF, there where 10 other designs that were way better!

MrBAU

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 07:59:42 AM

- It is correct that after submitting an identical hand-drawn coin early in the contest which I made, I had someone (on r/jobs4bitcoin) put it into a digital format so that I can better communicate my vision. The design is 100% mine; I simply had someone with the correct skills digitize it because that is not something I am skilled in. I even asked some of the other designers if they were willing to help me out.

How would you do this if you can't design anything in photoshop?

1)   They agree to work with us after the voting is complete until the final coin design is produced, no matter the amount of time this takes.  This includes the front & Rear of the coin as well as the hologram and packaging

╫▓▌                                                   ╞▓▒╓▓▓              ╒▓╣
      └                                                    ╠▓▌ └               ╓▓▓
     ▐▓▒  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▄    ▄▓▓▓▓▓▄╓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖   ┌▄▓▓▓▓▓▄┐    ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌ ▓▓  ┌▄▓▓▓▓▓▓╖ ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
     ▐▓▒ ▓▓░   └▓▓ ┌▓▓└   ╙▓▓▌    ╟▓▌ ╓▓▓└    ╟▓▌ ┌▓▓╜    ╙▓▓▌ ▓▓ ▐▓▓└    ╙▓▌  ╘▓╣  ┌▓▓░    ╙▓▓
     ▐▓▒└▓▓     ▐▓░╞▓▌     ╟▓░    ┌▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ╟▓▌      ║▓▌ ▓▓ ▓▓       ╟▓░ ╘▓▌  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
     ▐▓▒└▓▓     ▐▓░╞▓▌     ╟▓░    ┌▓▓ ╙▓▓┐    ▄▄╕  ▓▓╖    ╓▓▓  ▓▓ ╙▓▓┐    ▄▓▓░  ▓▓┐ └▓▓╖    ╓▄╗
     ▐▓▒└▓▓     ▐▓░╞▓▌     ╟▓░    ┌▓▓  └▀▓▓▓▓▓▀╙    ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓╜   ▓▓   ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ▀▓▓  ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓╜

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄▄███▄
                    ▄▄███▀▀ ██
               ,▄████▀'    ▐█▌
           ,▄████▀-  ▄&    ██
       ,▄███▀▀    ╓▄▀     ██▌
   ▄▄███▀▀     ,▄█▀      ▐██ 
╔███▀▀       ▄██▀        ██¬ 
██▄,      ▄███▀         ▐██   
 ▀▀█████████▀           ██   
       ██████▄▄        ██▌   
       ██Ç  ▀█████▄▄, ▐██     
        ██Ç ╔██` ╙▀▀████-     
         █████               
          ▀▀╙                 
JOIN US
ON TELEGRAM

████████           
           ████████           
           ████████           
           ████████           
      τgggg████████▌gggr     
        ██████████████`       
         `██████████'         
 ███       ╘██████▀       ███
 ███²        ▀███         ███
 ███²          `          ███
 ███╦╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓███
 ████████████████████████████
READ OUR
WHITEPAPER
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 08:08:18 AM

- It is correct that after submitting an identical hand-drawn coin early in the contest which I made, I had someone (on r/jobs4bitcoin) put it into a digital format so that I can better communicate my vision. The design is 100% mine; I simply had someone with the correct skills digitize it because that is not something I am skilled in. I even asked some of the other designers if they were willing to help me out.

How would you do this if you can't design anything in photoshop?

1)   They agree to work with us after the voting is complete until the final coin design is produced, no matter the amount of time this takes.  This includes the front & Rear of the coin as well as the hologram and packaging

The important thing of-course is communicating with Coinographic about the vision and design; I asked him early on if a hand drawn coin was acceptable and it was; i just had it replicated via Photoshop so that it is easier for voters to understand the design. This is a concept / design contest, great Photoshop skills aren't mandatory. I am of-course willing to work with Coinographic to get the final design should my concept win Smiley

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
ftc-c

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 08:16:11 AM

I vote for design 6, Mr. IawgoM.
calem

Activity: 291
Merit: 106

Founder #Zerozed $x0z

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 08:26:24 AM

1 vote for entry number 6 by iawgoM.

"Suppressing bad ideas can be as dangerous as the bad ideas themselves." | One of the greatest ethical and logistical challenges humanity has been forced to face is one that has not changed since the dawn of society itself. The fair and even distribution of wealth and power. Using the Diffusion of Innovations to model a more sensible inflation schedule, [x0z] Zerozed aims to bring stability to the wider market...
PolyCoin-Team

Activity: 79

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 08:30:20 AM

Coinographic are you sleeping or what? The croatian mafia is heavily manupulating the votes. Come on!!!! This IawgoM guy has like 20 votes compared to all the others with a couple of votes that you can count on 2 fingers!!!!!

I scream: SCAM

Darkcoin-for-sale

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 11:11:30 AM

NR. 15 from BTC-Graphicdesign
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 01:15:09 PM

Who knows, maybe Coinographic is part of the manipulation? I mean check the 5 designs he chose? WTF, there where 10 other designs that were way better!

Last one

Coinographic = IawgoM
adamas
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1003

VIS ET LIBERTAS

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 01:53:25 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2014, 02:09:52 PM by adamas

My vote: #10

"Es ist kein Zeichen geistiger Gesundheit, gut angepasst an eine kranke Gesellschaft zu sein."
RedDiamond

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 01:58:00 PM

My vote: Design Ten by elianite
faince222

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 01:58:16 PM

I vote for design 15 from BTC-Graphicdesigns
MrBAU

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:18:49 PM

Votes only for people begging, asking and paying for them, from 28 designs only this 3 people get most voted, very legit voting.

╫▓▌                                                   ╞▓▒╓▓▓              ╒▓╣
      └                                                    ╠▓▌ └               ╓▓▓
     ▐▓▒  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▄    ▄▓▓▓▓▓▄╓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖   ┌▄▓▓▓▓▓▄┐    ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌ ▓▓  ┌▄▓▓▓▓▓▓╖ ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
     ▐▓▒ ▓▓░   └▓▓ ┌▓▓└   ╙▓▓▌    ╟▓▌ ╓▓▓└    ╟▓▌ ┌▓▓╜    ╙▓▓▌ ▓▓ ▐▓▓└    ╙▓▌  ╘▓╣  ┌▓▓░    ╙▓▓
     ▐▓▒└▓▓     ▐▓░╞▓▌     ╟▓░    ┌▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ╟▓▌      ║▓▌ ▓▓ ▓▓       ╟▓░ ╘▓▌  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
     ▐▓▒└▓▓     ▐▓░╞▓▌     ╟▓░    ┌▓▓ ╙▓▓┐    ▄▄╕  ▓▓╖    ╓▓▓  ▓▓ ╙▓▓┐    ▄▓▓░  ▓▓┐ └▓▓╖    ╓▄╗
     ▐▓▒└▓▓     ▐▓░╞▓▌     ╟▓░    ┌▓▓  └▀▓▓▓▓▓▀╙    ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓╜   ▓▓   ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ▀▓▓  ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓╜

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄▄███▄
                    ▄▄███▀▀ ██
               ,▄████▀'    ▐█▌
           ,▄████▀-  ▄&    ██
       ,▄███▀▀    ╓▄▀     ██▌
   ▄▄███▀▀     ,▄█▀      ▐██ 
╔███▀▀       ▄██▀        ██¬ 
██▄,      ▄███▀         ▐██   
 ▀▀█████████▀           ██   
       ██████▄▄        ██▌   
       ██Ç  ▀█████▄▄, ▐██     
        ██Ç ╔██` ╙▀▀████-     
         █████               
          ▀▀╙                 
JOIN US
ON TELEGRAM

████████           
           ████████           
           ████████           
           ████████           
      τgggg████████▌gggr     
        ██████████████`       
         `██████████'         
 ███       ╘██████▀       ███
 ███²        ▀███         ███
 ███²          `          ███
 ███╦╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓███
 ████████████████████████████
READ OUR
WHITEPAPER
iCrypt

Activity: 83

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 05:21:16 PM

My vote for elianite  Smiley
Iynx

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 05:22:13 PM

I will be voting for # 9 by campycoin. Worldtreasurefinders made a very good case for this design and I tend to agree with him.  I enjoy the designs simplicity & lack of fluff.  Often, the most exquisite things in life are are ruined by adding complexity.  This design makes the link to luxury by association of gold bars and also would be unique to your company (uniqueness seemed to be an important criteria to the contest).  I don't think any of your competitors have done something like this.  With the simplicity, you shouldn't have any issues getting it minted either. Also... on a nerdy note it makes me think of bars of latinum from Star Trek. The real "precious" part is the latinum(bitcoin in our case;P) located inside of the bar. That's just me being goofy though! Tongue

Like many others, I really enjoyed Mr. Bau's design and it was tough not to pick it.  I liked his concept of the bitcoin symbol being created out of multiple gears working together to maintain the network (all pieces working together for a common goal).  At least that's how I interpretated it.  I thought it flowed together quite well. Ultimately, I was  worried about the design losing too much detail in the minting process and so opted for campy's less is more theme.  I also saw more of a connection to luxury with campy's design.

If I may, I'd like to make a few suggestions to Coinographic if they intend to do more design competitions as I see a lot of drama here.  I would completely take voting out of the equation.  I think it's great getting the community involved with your design, but you don't really need voting to do that.  Secondly, when you're deciding on the top five designs, really take your time to pick them.  At least sleep on it, having fresh eyes is always helpful.  I don't think a scale from 1 - 10 is a good enough evaluation either.  Write down specifically what you do or don't like about the concepts.  If you don't already, have a designer help you with this process.  Once you have your top 5, post the reasons for choosing the winners. If people understand why you made your choices, they'll be less likely to think you just picked at random.  You can then ask the community for feedback on the top 5 designs, but your company ultimately chooses the final design. This way you'll avoid all this, "I vote for #so&so", without any relevant feedback as to why they feel that way. I imagine you'd prefer quality, not quantity.

Lastly, I'd like to thank Coinographic for putting on this competition despite the hiccups.  I had a lot of fun participating. Thanks! Smiley
krisdavison

Activity: 48

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 07:07:11 PM

I think everyone should cut iawgoM some slack.
Its become a full on witch hunt with talk of Mafia and being in Cahoot's with coinographic.

Its all pretty ridiculous.

He is a graphic designer by trade and has submitted numerous designs to many different competitions. Whether you like his design or not is purely subjective and just a matter of opinion. 

One of the reasons I went looking for a different community last April when I first got into crypto was the hostility on this forum. People don't treat each other with respect and the way noobs are treated with contempt and ridiculed for asking questions everyone needs to answer is  disgusting.

All iawgoM has done is let some others know that there was a competition on and that he had entered a design. This isn't some kind of conspiracy you can't decide how others should vote. I would hope that everyone would vote on merit as I can't really see any benefit in voting for loyalty.

I actually really like iawgoMs design. I like the miner output in the hologram on the back as bitcoin is made secure through the miners endeavours on the blockchain. But to be fair I don't have to explain myself to anyone.
Worldofbtc

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 07:48:55 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2014, 08:25:40 AM by Worldofbtc

My vote is for iawgoM.
namecoin

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 10:05:57 PM

I vote for Design Two by S4VV4S.
cyclops
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 10:38:07 PM

design 10 by elianite
bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:44:08 AM

Design Four by bonksnp2

I do believe this coin will need to be 2 oz Solid Yellow Gold, so the black and white areas may need to be modified to be all one color, if chosen.

While it is possible to get White Gold, or blackened PVD coating, I think if you're going to buy a solid gold coin, you want it to look like an all solid .999 yellow gold with no other two tones or alloys.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: