Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:39:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Physical Bitcoin Design Finalists - Cast Your Vote Now! - Ends 10th September 14  (Read 19734 times)
iawgoM

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 05:13:20 PM

Not to whine about this or anything...but noticed weird two occurences of winning logo on Coinographic account on Aug 20th and 26th...hmmm...did they already know the winner back then? Ok, put it as a picture with links to thread makes sense...but repeat it again with story about Bitcoin poker....?

Mr. iawgoM if you remember I was not even in the first five. I think all of this is just a coincidence.

Just saying, just saying...

Btw. since you mentioned that you were inspired by swiss watch...are you Swiss? Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrBAU

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 05:16:22 PM

Just saying, just saying...

Btw. since you mentioned that you were inspired by swiss watch...are you Swiss? Wink

No, but I own one.

╫▓▌                                                   ╞▓▒╓▓▓              ╒▓╣
      └                                                    ╠▓▌ └               ╓▓▓
     ▐▓▒  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▄    ▄▓▓▓▓▓▄╓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖   ┌▄▓▓▓▓▓▄┐    ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌ ▓▓  ┌▄▓▓▓▓▓▓╖ ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
     ▐▓▒ ▓▓░   └▓▓ ┌▓▓└   ╙▓▓▌    ╟▓▌ ╓▓▓└    ╟▓▌ ┌▓▓╜    ╙▓▓▌ ▓▓ ▐▓▓└    ╙▓▌  ╘▓╣  ┌▓▓░    ╙▓▓
     ▐▓▒└▓▓     ▐▓░╞▓▌     ╟▓░    ┌▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ╟▓▌      ║▓▌ ▓▓ ▓▓       ╟▓░ ╘▓▌  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
     ▐▓▒└▓▓     ▐▓░╞▓▌     ╟▓░    ┌▓▓ ╙▓▓┐    ▄▄╕  ▓▓╖    ╓▓▓  ▓▓ ╙▓▓┐    ▄▓▓░  ▓▓┐ └▓▓╖    ╓▄╗
     ▐▓▒└▓▓     ▐▓░╞▓▌     ╟▓░    ┌▓▓  └▀▓▓▓▓▓▀╙    ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓╜   ▓▓   ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ▀▓▓  ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓╜

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄▄███▄
                    ▄▄███▀▀ ██
               ,▄████▀'    ▐█▌
           ,▄████▀-  ▄&    ██
       ,▄███▀▀    ╓▄▀     ██▌
   ▄▄███▀▀     ,▄█▀      ▐██ 
╔███▀▀       ▄██▀        ██¬ 
██▄,      ▄███▀         ▐██   
 ▀▀█████████▀           ██   
       ██████▄▄        ██▌   
       ██Ç  ▀█████▄▄, ▐██     
        ██Ç ╔██` ╙▀▀████-     
         █████               
          ▀▀╙                 
JOIN US
ON TELEGRAM

████████           
           ████████           
           ████████           
           ████████           
      τgggg████████▌gggr     
        ██████████████`       
         `██████████'         
 ███       ╘██████▀       ███
 ███²        ▀███         ███
 ███²          `          ███
 ███╦╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓███
 ████████████████████████████
READ OUR
WHITEPAPER
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 06:07:43 PM

Not to whine about this or anything...but noticed weird two occurences of winning logo on Coinographic account on Aug 20th and 26th...hmmm...did they already know the winner back then? Ok, put it as a picture with links to thread makes sense...but repeat it again with story about Bitcoin poker....?

Mr. iawgoM if you remember I was not even in the first five. I think all of this is just a coincidence.
I agree; since he wasn't even in the original 5, it must be coincidence. There's not much to go on here.
congrats again Mr. BAU Smiley

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
worldtreasurefinders

Activity: 315

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:30:52 PM

Congrats Mr. Bau on winning the contest!  At first I didn't understand the gear theme, but the swiss watch analogy has slightly grown on me.  My main concerns with this design are that really it's more of a graphic design than a coin design.  A coin has to be designed like a relief sculpture, not a colored graphic.  The gear graphics look good on the screen, because you have a very dark field, with varying colors of gears and other elements, but the coin will all be the same color, so all those contrasting elements have to be realized through changes in the relief of the coin, you can't use color and transparency on a coin.   

I already mentioned how the tiny keys in all the gears will be nearly impossible to carve into a working coin die, but another concern is all the different hues of white and gray you have in all the gears.  For a graphic, it's nice, but the surface of the coin will not have the benefits of different hues and tones of color to distinguish one gear from another.  Everywhere on your graphic where the different toned gears overlap, in a struck coin, all overlaps get lost, and it will look like a blob with keys and curves on the perimeter. 

It's the same with the intensity of the gears; many of them look semi-transparent, which is fine for a graphic but on a coin there is no such thing as semi-transparent elements.  Imagine every gear on your design being the same color as the rest of the coin, with the same intensity.  I'm afraid what makes the design attractive on screen simply won't work for a coin.  Please don't take this criticism as me being angry and negative; I'm offering my true thoughts on the challenges this design will present for the manufacturer of the coin dies.

And for the love of God put a window on your hologram.  Being able to view firstbits to verify the balance of the BTC is absolutely essential for a coin of this price.

And I'd recommend Coinographic develop a method to make the holograms untamperable.  A 5 BTC prize will get the attention of lots of swindlers who will try to redeem the coin and keep the hologram intact.  It's already been demonstrated that it can be done.

Architect, Anarchist, Numismatist, Crypto-Enthusiast.
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 09:27:51 PM

And for the love of God put a window on your hologram.  Being able to view firstbits to verify the balance of the BTC is absolutely essential for a coin of this price.

And I'd recommend Coinographic develop a method to make the holograms untamperable.  A 5 BTC prize will get the attention of lots of swindlers who will try to redeem the coin and keep the hologram intact.  It's already been demonstrated that it can be done.

Might I suggest laser-rimming the hologram in the same way as Casascius did with the 2013 1BTC silver coins? I believe it is the best method of preventing the hologram itself being tampered with. It includes essentially running a laser around the edge of the sticker to make tiny cuts into it around the edge.
I would also like to give a shout-out to my idea of having 3 (or two) separate hologram windows; as the combination of the two features would undoubtedly make the stickers on these coins the most secure yet on a physical coin and perhaps the new industry standard for high value coins. The separate windows could display the first-bit, the enclosed amount, and the serial number.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:48:25 AM

Congrats Mr BAU

And to bonksnp2....I love your updated all gold design.  If you ever produce it, I'll take one.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
as4406

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 06:00:31 AM

can i still vote for it now? the yellow one looks perfect!
Coinographic (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Physical Digital Currency

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Thank you for all the constructive comments on the winning design concept.  We will be taking everything into account as we work on the final product.  We are confident that the final product will be of a standard that everyone would expect from a coin of this magnitude

Thank you
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 11:43:26 AM

Yet another highly entertaining thread!
Coinographic, you fail to disappoint us Grin

Now to be more serious, I have nothing against you or your products. I really like the past coins you've made and am considering buying a few.
However, I have a some concern over the way your business is run (in terms of the frequent competitions you make). As you know this isn't the first time that something like this has happened.
As a matter of fact, it's happened to almost every competition you've made.
I've got a few suggestions on how to improve them in the future.
I'm inly here trying to help. No hard feelings Smiley
If you want to speak, send me a PM.

Good luck with the production and congrats to the winner Smiley
Saigonsmokes

Activity: 334

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 12:44:23 PM

Now to be more serious, I have nothing against you or your products. I really like the past coins you've made and am considering buying a few.
However, I have a some concern over the way your business is run (in terms of the frequent competitions you make). As you know this isn't the first time that something like this has happened.

I have followed his Litecoin competitions and there has never been any issues re: the competition, have i missed something? Yes there were some issues with auctions but I don't recall anything being amiss with his previous competitions?

All seems pretty civil over on LTC Talk:) Cant wait for this gold coin to be produced so i can order one:)

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=20294.0
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=19455.75
Coinographic (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Physical Digital Currency

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 01:43:14 PM

Got to be honest and say i don't really know what you are talking about?  This is the only competition that has had issues and we feel with dealt with them in the best way possible?  We run many competitions because we absolutely love to involve the community in everything that we do.  We try our best to run our business to benefit the crypto-currency communities and work with them for constructive feedback.

If you have any suggestions as to how our competitions could be improved then please feel free to post them here on the forum...

If you are referring to the auction mess on litecointalk, that was our first auction we ever did (lesson learned) and i think we dealt with it in the best possible way?

Thank you
JackCelere

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 07:34:41 PM

I vote for design seventeen by bit0.
worldtreasurefinders

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 12:16:03 AM

I vote for design seventeen by bit0.

I think you're a tad bit late buddy.

CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:08:09 AM

Why was there no reward for lucky winner of those that voted?
campycoin

Activity: 700

Daily Bitcoins for your Paypal/Skrill

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:50:03 PM

Just pointing out that Coinographic paid the exact bounty or prize they offered... 0.25 and they paid on the date they said they would with no issues. Thanks Coinographic!  Looking forward to future design contests. 

Just an idea... perhaps only allowing those who submit designs to vote. Possibly giving each person 2 or 3 votes. With the rule that you cannot vote for your own design.  Might be the best way to get a true count... Also, perhaps to erase any accusations of copied submissions, make one day, the submit design day... So, if contest is announced 9/1. and ends 9/30 at midnight, make 9/30 submission day and everyone posts their design whenever they want (or can) on that day.  This way, if people are afraid their design would be copied, they can just wait till the last hour to submit, knowing no one will copy and be able to get it in by the deadline.

Also offer a bounty perhaps for best idea for a new voting process.  In this case, see the portion of my comment in italics above. lol  Roll Eyes
campycoin

Activity: 700

Daily Bitcoins for your Paypal/Skrill

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 01:51:33 PM

Why was there no reward for lucky winner of those that voted?

McFly... McFly....  anyone home?

LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:02:24 PM

Just pointing out that Coinographic paid the exact bounty or prize they offered... 0.25 and they paid on the date they said they would with no issues. Thanks Coinographic!  Looking forward to future design contests. 

Just an idea... perhaps only allowing those who submit designs to vote. Possibly giving each person 2 or 3 votes. With the rule that you cannot vote for your own design.  Might be the best way to get a true count... Also, perhaps to erase any accusations of copied submissions, make one day, the submit design day... So, if contest is announced 9/1. and ends 9/30 at midnight, make 9/30 submission day and everyone posts their design whenever they want (or can) on that day.  This way, if people are afraid their design would be copied, they can just wait till the last hour to submit, knowing no one will copy and be able to get it in by the deadline.

Also offer a bounty perhaps for best idea for a new voting process.  In this case, see the portion of my comment in italics above. lol  Roll Eyes

Also got paid with no issues. Agree with campycoin, let the people who actually design something vote among themselves for lets say 50%. The other 25% public vote, 25% coinographic. See you guys at the next one!
bonksnp2

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:03:51 PM

Also got paid with no issues. Agree with campycoin, let the people who actually design something vote among themselves for lets say 50%. The other 25% public vote, 25% coinographic. See you guys at the next one!
Thirded.  Was paid the 0.25 BTC consolation prize.  Thanks Coinographic! Grin

I think what campycoin and LitecoinCollector are suggesting is a good idea if Coinographic wants to continue to let the community decide, especially since I believe there is a couple more design contests coming in the near future.  Or maybe just PM or e-mail the designs to Coinographic then they can post the designs that they like in a vote thread.  Otherwise, I'd recommend just picking whichever ones he likes best and making the final decision that way.
worldtreasurefinders

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:50:31 PM

I received my 0.05 consolation prize, thanks coinographic!   Kiss

iawgoM

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:58:39 PM

Received nothing  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: