Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:01:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Physical Bitcoin Design Finalists - Cast Your Vote Now! - Ends 10th September 14  (Read 19734 times)
Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:43:00 PM

congrats to the winner !

Design Sixteen by Mr.BAU

As worldtreasurefinders has said, you will have a tough time getting an easy run of this design as is.

There is too much detail on the gears and it will wear on the die that you may not get the design after all or in any easy means. It wouldn't surprise me if the gears started to break on the die itself when pressing into the metal.

+1
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:50:42 PM

congrats to the winner !

Design Sixteen by Mr.BAU

As worldtreasurefinders has said, you will have a tough time getting an easy run of this design as is.

There is too much detail on the gears and it will wear on the die that you may not get the design after all or in any easy means. It wouldn't surprise me if the gears started to break on the die itself when pressing into the metal.

+1

It also should be noted (once again repeating what WTF said) that the different shades of gears will be difficult to accomplish if not impossible when stamping it onto a gold metal coin.

Only depth of imprint could possibly accomplish this and even that is on top of the gear issue wearing on the die itself.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:49:49 PM

Received nothing  Grin

But think of all the drama you got to be a part of, as well as the entertaining thread you and others provided.  That's worth more than any bounty.   Grin

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 10:10:18 PM

Received nothing  Grin

But think of all the drama you got to be a part of, as well as the entertaining thread you and others provided.  That's worth more than any bounty.   Grin

Yeah; it was a crazy time. A contest I'l never forget Tongue

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
Coinographic (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Physical Digital Currency

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 11:25:17 PM

It also should be noted (once again repeating what WTF said) that the different shades of gears will be difficult to accomplish if not impossible when stamping it onto a gold metal coin.

Only depth of imprint could possibly accomplish this and even that is on top of the gear issue wearing on the die itself.

We have taken a lot of advice on this matter and can confirm the fine detail of the cogs are possible to make on a coin. Granted it does increase production cost and time but we are not making this coin for the budget collector. No expense will be spared in ensuring the finished product is anything short of flawless.

We look forward to being able to publish the finished design and sending it into production towards the end of this month.

We have already made good progress and it's looking amazing!

Watch this space
bit0

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:33:00 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 03:26:09 AM by bit0

Just pointing out that Coinographic paid the exact bounty or prize they offered... 0.25 and they paid on the date they said they would with no issues. Thanks Coinographic!  Looking forward to future design contests.  

Just an idea... perhaps only allowing those who submit designs to vote. Possibly giving each person 2 or 3 votes. With the rule that you cannot vote for your own design.  Might be the best way to get a true count... Also, perhaps to erase any accusations of copied submissions, make one day, the submit design day... So, if contest is announced 9/1. and ends 9/30 at midnight, make 9/30 submission day and everyone posts their design whenever they want (or can) on that day.  This way, if people are afraid their design would be copied, they can just wait till the last hour to submit, knowing no one will copy and be able to get it in by the deadline.

Also offer a bounty perhaps for best idea for a new voting process.  In this case, see the portion of my comment in italics above. lol  Roll Eyes

Also got paid with no issues. Agree with campycoin, let the people who actually design something vote among themselves for lets say 50%. The other 25% public vote, 25% coinographic. See you guys at the next one!
Thirded.  Was paid the 0.25 BTC consolation prize.  Thanks Coinographic! Grin

I think what campycoin and LitecoinCollector are suggesting is a good idea if Coinographic wants to continue to let the community decide, especially since I believe there is a couple more design contests coming in the near future.  Or maybe just PM or e-mail the designs to Coinographic then they can post the designs that they like in a vote thread.  Otherwise, I'd recommend just picking whichever ones he likes best and making the final decision that way.

+1 Received bounty. Would submit again. 5 stars. Thanks Coinographic.

Sorry all, but I don't think giving more weight to designer votes would solve anything. It would make the problem worse. The most glaring issue would be having one designer use multiple accounts and submit a bunch of crap and then vote for the best design of his alts. The other obvious issue would be back room deals among other designers who are already in a clique. I think this would make the vote less fair in the end. Back to square one.

Vote manipulation is hard to solve. I think account dates and post counts are one solution, but this too can create problems if only a small segment of one community is voting. Maybe opening the competition up to more communities (even non bitcoin communities) and then  randomly selecting which community votes for which designs or combine all the designs for one vote would help average the vote out somewhat and make any manipulation more obvious. Of course this would also likely bring in more designs and make the competition harder to win. Which is a bad for all of the us, but good for the competition.Grin  It would probably be a big headache for coinographic and create extra work, but it would be more fair and create more publicity for their business. If you weigh votes I think coinographic staff and customers who previously bought coins from them should have the most weight in the end.

But that is just my two cents.

I think Mr Bau's coin design will turn out fine and look great. Can't wait to see the final product.
PolyCoin-Team

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:32:35 AM

bonksnp2 design is stolen!!!!! : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=785893.0

He should be disqualified immediatly. Coinographic you should demand that bonksnp2 sends you back the 0.25BTC and then distrubute it amongst the designers from 5 place!!!

worldtreasurefinders

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:16:10 PM

bonksnp2 design is stolen!!!!! : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=785893.0

He should be disqualified immediatly. Coinographic you should demand that bonksnp2 sends you back the 0.25BTC and then distrubute it amongst the designers from 5 place!!!

Your link points to a coin design that was posted today, so maybe they stole bonksnp2's design, not the other way around?

Architect, Anarchist, Numismatist, Crypto-Enthusiast.
elianite
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 03:50:15 PM

The Heck is this?!

Poly-coin team literally used the SILVER WALLETS design and changed the text
See the original: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=525756.0;topicseen
Then they used a Casascius v1 hologram and altered the bottom portion a bit.
Amateurs...

Get off these forums.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
PolyCoin-Team

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:15:07 PM

The Heck is this?!

Poly-coin team literally used the SILVER WALLETS design and changed the text
See the original: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=525756.0;topicseen
Then they used a Casascius v1 hologram and altered the bottom portion a bit.
Amateurs...

Get off these forums.

Are you retarded elianite? I only posted the link!!!
But your link is better - it proves bonksnp2 design is stolen.
Coinographic we call for the disqualification of bonksnp2!!!

elianite
Legendary

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 07:51:20 PM

Are you retarded elianite? I only posted the link!!!
But your link is better - it proves bonksnp2 design is stolen.
Coinographic we call for the disqualification of bonksnp2!!!

Lol.. yes.
Totally my bad; I assumed you posted the pic. Apologies..

Still; I dont understand how bonk copied from that design; please elaborate? There are several coins (serpcoin, Silver Wallets, New Liberty Dollar, and
others that have a B on a world map.

iawgoM

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 12:21:35 PM

Wow..just wow! This is going to look amazing!
https://twitter.com/coinographic/status/516944130233364480

Just not sure is this already real coin or just rendered?

AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 03:43:21 PM

It looks like a render but nonetheless looks amazing.
All Coinographics coins to date look extremely impressive. I doubt this one will be any different.
Great design!
World

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 09:35:35 PM

All Coinographics coins to date look extremely impressive. I doubt this one will be any different.
Great design!
I like it too

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
Saigonsmokes

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:40:47 AM

Great design!
I like it too

I have purchased many of Coinographics Coins ( 3 x 25LTC, 2 X 10LTC-Chickun, 2 x 10LTC LA, 2 x 1LTC) and can not wait to get some Physical Bitcoins, the quality and finish of the coins I have are amazing!
Coinographic (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 12:59:09 PM

This image was actually an unfinished image that was tweeted by mistake.  Gives you all a sneak peek but the finished one is much more polished.  We should have this coin ready to be announced on monday and production will also start on monday next week as well

Thank you
Coinographic (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 03:00:12 PM

I am pleased to be able to share these pictures with you.  This solid coin will be going into production and be available to pre-order from our website early next week.  More information will be coming next week.  Thank you to everyone that helped make this possible, we are extremely excited to be producing this stunning coin!

AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:50:52 PM

That really looks amazing.
Definitely the nicest looking physical Bitcoin to date.
Great work again Smiley
bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 06:45:59 PM

I am pleased to be able to share these pictures with you.  This solid coin will be going into production and be available to pre-order from our website early next week.  More information will be coming next week.  Thank you to everyone that helped make this possible, we are extremely excited to be producing this stunning coin!

The coin looks amazing.  Your website mentions other gold and silver Bitcoins as well.  Will they have the same design?

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
Coinographic (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 11:38:17 AM

The coin looks amazing.  Your website mentions other gold and silver Bitcoins as well.  Will they have the same design?

the 2 ounce silver (2BTC) will have the same design as the 2 ounce gold (5BTC)

The 1 ounce silver (1BTC) will have the same design as the 1 ounce gold (1BTC)

the 0.10 and 0.50 coins will have different designs as designed by the community

Hope that helps
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: