Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:39:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] WARNING DarkChain was a Trojan/Virus Scam and the next is already coming !  (Read 8623 times)
thcst8

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:37:23 PM

what date was the wallet with the virus released?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
omgbossis21

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:42:49 PM

If your still using windows and installing new coin wallets I don't know what your doing....   I just keep coins in the pools, its much safer. 
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:44:38 PM

If your still using windows and installing new coin wallets I don't know what your doing....   I just keep coins in the pools, its much safer. 

that is stupid. what happens when the pool keeps your coins and disappears. Its happened with pools before.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:46:08 PM

my BTC wallet disappeared i had in 0.00017235 BTC lol and it was encrypted

and my C-CEX account is under attack, 5 times in a roll someone try to log in

next time use sandbox, or a different machine
omgbossis21

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:50:00 PM

that is stupid. what happens when the pool keeps your coins and disappears. Its happened with pools before.

Its much safer to risk losing a crap altcion then all your coins and risk a keylogger also costing you all you accounts!
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:56:36 PM

Why do people even bother with these obvious shitcoins to begin with?

Do the crypto world a favor and focus on the top 50 coins already in existence.  No more are needed.  All people are doing is spreading capital to a bunch of worthless coins lowering the value of coins that actually might have a future and have people involved that are actively working on the coin.

There are currently 471 coins listed on coinmarketcap and it's fitting that pennies is #471.  If this bullshit continues then all coins will be worth no more than pennies.

It's obvious that 99% of these 1 post devs launching a new coin is scamming.  If you're too stupid to see that then you deserve to get a virus and lose all your btc and other coins.  Hopefully you'll end up losing enough to make you just leave the cryptocurrency world because your stupidity is destroying it..  Too many idiots jumping from scam to scam hoping to get rich but never will.  Mining coins simply because they like the name or logo.  I've never seen so many complete morons as I have in the eight months I've been involved in cryptocurrency.  And I did desktop support for years before I moved on to higher level positions.  I thought I would never see more idiots than I did doing that job.  The altcoin world changed my mind about that.

Why in the fuck are you here then you pos. move on.. unless you just want to Troll the unfortunate. begone asshole.

You're obviously one of those people that I am talking about.  Maybe you need to find another hobby.

I'll not do a damn thing you say including moving on.  I'm here posting and there is nothing that you can do about it.  Besides, I could care less what you want me to do in the first place.

Now go run along and play little boy.

EDit:

I forgot to mention.  These unfortunates that you speak of are just as much to blame as the scammers that scam them.  It takes two to tango.  Anyone still ignorant enough to blindly follow all these new daily shitcoins should move on.  The only thing they contribute is btc to the scammers anyway.  Take away the scammers source of btc and the scammers will find somewhere else to scam.  You guys are helping to perpetuate the scams by letting yourselves be scammed.
sly5am

Activity: 582
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:29:55 PM

Do the crypto world a favor and focus on the top 50 coins already in existence.  No more are needed.  All people are doing is spreading capital to a bunch of worthless coins lowering the value of coins that actually might have a future and have people involved that are actively working on the coin.

There are currently 471 coins listed on coinmarketcap and it's fitting that pennies is #471.  If this bullshit continues then all coins will be worth no more than pennies.

It's obvious that 99% of these 1 post devs launching a new coin is scamming.  If you're too stupid to see that then you deserve to get a virus and lose all your btc and other coins.  Hopefully you'll end up losing enough to make you just leave the cryptocurrency world because your stupidity is destroying it..  Too many idiots jumping from scam to scam hoping to get rich but never will.  Mining coins simply because they like the name or logo.  I've never seen so many complete morons as I have in the eight months I've been involved in cryptocurrency.  And I did desktop support for years before I moved on to higher level positions.  I thought I would never see more idiots than I did doing that job.  The altcoin world changed my mind about that.

Why in the fuck are you here then you pos. move on.. unless you just want to Troll the unfortunate. begone asshole.

You're obviously one of those people that I am talking about.  Maybe you need to find another hobby.

I'll not do a damn thing you say including moving on.  I'm here posting and there is nothing that you can do about it.  Besides, I could care less what you want me to do in the first place.

EDit:

I forgot to mention.  These unfortunates that you speak of are just as much to blame as the scammers that scam them.  It takes two to tango.  Anyone still ignorant enough to blindly follow all these new daily shitcoins should move on.  The only thing they contribute is btc to the scammers anyway.  Take away the scammers source of btc and the scammers will find somewhere else to scam.  You guys are helping to perpetuate the scams by letting yourselves be scammed.

Begone troll.

damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:13:32 PM

Had a bad feeling about this one.  Glad I avoided it.

Norton 360 I have found works the best.
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:38:10 PM

EDit:

Begone troll.

You can call me a troll all you like.  The point is that people like me make money in crypto and people like you don't.  Now go play with your dolls little girl.
martibg

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:39:51 PM

another shit is coming up Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=765643.new#new

promising a lot of those  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Wink   Wink
Trololoh

Activity: 461

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:45:42 PM

As the Dev of DarkChain deleted his topic shortly after it was discovered that the wallets have been swapped out with infected ones which inject a Trojan into your system, i've started this topic.

Make sure you DISCONNECT INTERNET when you've installed the DarkChain wallet and let every virus scanner run over your PC.

Its probably the best to move all coins away from your PC, Format it and reinstall Windows then.

The next Virus-Scam is probably already coming, be warned and do not trust newbie devs which Announce coins without any new features, no real ann topic and no POD.

Thanks for the warning !

As posted by other indeed better to avoid "newbies" with some copy and paste coin.
Use https://www.virustotal.com/
You can uload the file you want to use and it will be scanned by most if not all known virusscanners.
CryptoHobo
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:52:52 PM

promising a lot of those  Grin Grin Grin Grin

w00t bitches covered in money!! I'm there!

thanks for the heads up oc Cool I thankfully missed this one.

we really could do with a coin scam warning thread maintained by someone well known and trustworthy
tx42

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:17:26 PM

It sounds like you are scaring people towards your scam coin.

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
anticlimax
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:45:45 PM

Was this a case of  more than one dark chain wallet being released?
Or was it in every wallet because my total virus scan came back negative for anything harmful.

twitter @antiiclimax
esotericizm

Activity: 750

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:02:45 AM

anyone with half a brain will encrypt their stub so that it will remain undetected by av software. Saying a wallet is clean because you scanned it with virus total/norton/eset is wrong. In a community like this its best to assume all coins have keyloggers and sandbox the wallets or keep your funds at the pool.
Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:04:23 AM

Does the trojan still affect people who build from source?
sly5am

Activity: 582

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:06:16 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2014, 12:18:15 AM by sly5am

Was this a case of  more than one dark chain wallet being released?
Or was it in every wallet because my total virus scan came back negative for anything harmful.

OP released a legit wallet for a short time period , then probably switched the file in the download link shortly after. Assholes saying your dumb to mine new coins, the comments about how others are dumb just show how totally retarded they are. You roll the dice if you want to hold new wallets on your computer. I sent the file to virustotal also, and it showed no virus. it installs something after executing. someone mentioned something about xsandbox.bin being installed in the svchost file on your computer. very covert stuff I guess. malwarebytes found it on my computer, but it was too late, the keylogger must have logged some passcodes I had and the dirtbag OP took advantage of that. be safe be aware.

anticlimax
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:08:34 AM

Looks like I'm reformatting.
Thanks for clarifying.

twitter @antiiclimax
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:11:26 AM

he's right, people need to just fucking quit mining this garbage. your not making money your just enabling these fuckheads to continue. just stop supporting them and its done.
omgbossis21

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:22:06 AM

Was this a case of  more than one dark chain wallet being released?

OP released a legit wallet for a short time period , then probably switched the file in the download link shortly after. Assholes saying your dumb to mine new coins, the comments about how others are dumb just show how totally retarded they are. You roll the dice if you want to hold new wallets on your computer. I sent the file to virustotal also, and it showed no virus. it installs something after executing. someone mentioned something about xsandbox.bin being installed in the svchost file on your computer. very covert stuff I guess. malwarebytes found it on my computer, but it was too late, the keylogger must have logged some passcodes I had and the dirtbag OP took advantage of that. be safe be aware.

I reverse engineered the file in the original thread.  It used the xsandbox.bin and pushes its own svchost.exe, rar.exe, cmd.exe and a few others.  Most of was encrypted and I only see the original .exe binary files but it was pretty bad.  Appeared that each file was to do its own thing to make it easier to sort through what the hacker receives, ie one or keylogging, one for wallets etc
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: