Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 12:28:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Legend of Satoshi Nakamato, FINAL STEP PUBLISHED.... 4.87 BTC GRAND PRIZE!  (Read 108450 times)
kreeoz

Activity: 12
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:59:59 PM

Yes, the puzzle is 100% solvable with low-res picture, as initially released. The fact that while zooming in you can find certain things is the cloud-effect playing on you. There are hidden things left on purpose, like the rabbit, but these are all clearly visible with the original JPEG image. TIFF/hi-res-JPEG were released only so people stopped following JPEG-related compression artifacts NOT so you can zoom-in 1000% to find hidden birds singing songs to you.

Exactly as you said.
white_[x]_rabbit

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:02:38 PM

Very nice and pleasant discussion in reading. Continue. I like to read. Have you read Alice in Wonderland? This is a very good title.
Thoth1978

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:03:06 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2017, 01:22:09 PM by Thoth1978

White Rabbit, I don't know what your goal is, but from what I know you are saying random things. If you knew more, you could simply solve this puzzle and go away with money. You probably, as 99% of people here, don't even know where to start and why. So, do you want tips? Do you want to bring people out of track just to have more time to solve this? I don't really know but I don't think you are in some way related to this puzzle as someone guessed

The one thing that comes to mind is that the White Rabbit is part of the team that designed the puzzle and is frustrated that most people are stuck on the first page, counting flames. The first real step and beyond goes many, many layers deeper. I have found dozens of significant images in that file, or hundreds if you count intermediary steps. There are two big stories, told graphically in there. It’s almost a game, more than a set of images, and appears to descibe at the very least, a vast 3 dimensional space to explore. There may be more dimensions there, if you go by the nodes between them. The white rabbit is the key, and you won’t find him (I don’t think) on the first image.

Everything White Rabbit said in this thread, that I’ve seen, applies to the puzzle. This isn’t bragging, more of a sideways hint because I have a sense of honor. The flames, and counting them may have later relevance, I’m not sure, but I haven’t used them directly at all, and I’m hundreds of steps deep. Lateral thinking and a sense of aesthetics will serve you well. This is an amazing feat of software engineering, but the progress I’ve made  has mostly involved my artistic skills. In fact, I’m stuck, a bit on a more traditionallly cryptographic aspect of the puzzle. It involves decrypting symbols that serve as instructions in a long series of chains.

If you figure out the first step, save early and often, and set aside gigabytes of space for the data you pull out. I lost a few days before I got back on track after a mistake in that department.

You could refer to all these small drawings spreaded throughout all the art piece: https://imgur.com/a/5z9WL

They are thousands and more, they are people, animals, creatures... I noticed them the third day spent on this hi-res image at 200% zoom, I thought I was visionary. Thanks for noticing them too.

By the way, they are not the very first step that lead to something useful, they could be only funny easter eggs, or maybe they become useful later. I don't know. My workflow is much simpler and straightforward, it involves only what everyone can see without the need to zoom. You will eat your hands when I, or someone else, will reveal it to you.

I hope to solve this before being forced to tell you.

There are way, way, more interesting images in theres, in a huge array of art styles. The first step is a macro step, not a detail-related one. I suspect you may have found it, but there are a lot more beyond that. It’s all logical, if sometimes insane. There is a key online that will take you way beyond the first step, and it hasn’t been mentioned by any of the clues. The clue to it is in the first actual step. Once you see it, google it.
kreeoz

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:29:57 PM

There are way, way, more interesting images in theres, in a huge array of art styles. The first step is a macro step, not a detail-related one. Is suspect you may have found it, but there are a lot more beyond that. It’s all logical, if sometimes insane. There is a key online that will take you way beyond the first step, and it hasn’t been mentioned by any of the clues. The clue to it is in the first actual step. Once you see it, google it.
Okay, I misunderstood. For a moment I believed you had interpreted the very first clue differently from me, trying to do the thing I wrote to you (which I have excluded immediately when I found that word). Now I know you didn't see the same clue, so we are on two different tracks. I wish you a good luck with your ideas. I will continue to follow my path  Smiley
regisek

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:47:01 PM

I have only one question - I hope it isn't big clue to answer. Is it solvable the way I mentioned it before? Like you get first fat clue, clue A, 100% certain, you get it, you know it is the one and the you get to clue B etc? They are solid, distinct, undeniable?
regisek

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:57:19 PM

There are way, way, more interesting images in theres, in a huge array of art styles. The first step is a macro step, not a detail-related one. Is suspect you may have found it, but there are a lot more beyond that. It’s all logical, if sometimes insane. There is a key online that will take you way beyond the first step, and it hasn’t been mentioned by any of the clues. The clue to it is in the first actual step. Once you see it, google it.
Okay, I misunderstood. For a moment I believed you had interpreted the very first clue differently from me, trying to do the thing I wrote to you (which I have excluded immediately when I found that word). Now I know you didn't see the same clue, so we are on two different tracks. I wish you a good luck with your ideas. I will continue to follow my path  Smiley

Soooo after first clue you are both on different track? So I think this answers my previous question Sad
Thoth1978

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:57:43 PM

I have only one question - I hope it isn't big clue to answer. Is it solvable the way I mentioned it before? Like you get first fat clue, clue A, 100% certain, you get it, you know it is the one and the you get to clue B etc? They are solid, distinct, undeniable?

To me they seem to be. I sense that there are multiple paths to the solution, having followed a few divergent paths that seemed valid until I got stuck. Each macroscopic image of significance seems to be laid out in a 3 or more dimensional grid that you can traverse procedurally. At some points there are very specific instructions hidden in the images you find. Others are more open to interpretation, and lead in different directions.

I can’t reply to a private message  I have for a half hour so I’ll post here. After you complete the first step, look at the image. If nothing jumps out at you, step back or lean in. The puzzle is about rapidly changing perspectives. Sometimes you need the forest, and sometimes you need the trees.

I think this will be my last post in this thread for a while. Good luck everyone.
tanghere1

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:00:33 PM

Is this puzzle still unsolved? I thought it was. This post is from 2014 over 3 years. I cannot wait to see how this turned out. I hope I'll win it.

kreeoz

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:05:44 PM

The answer is YES. From A you can go to B, from B you can go to C and so on. At first, once you have done A, there are no other ways you can follow. But I've been on D for 3 - 4 days now, I went off the road a couple of times, I thought I found something useful like an IP address (a server with something else to solve, like the old puzzle?), maybe a game to play (remember minecraft?) and other stupid things that made me waste time.

CoinArtist told me "The art piece is the final puzzle. It’s all you need now" and then I stopped looking for an answer out from this art piece. The answer on how to decode flames, or what to do next, is in the art piece, waiting to be read. For now, this is all I can tell you.
kreeoz

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:15:37 PM

Soooo after first clue you are both on different track? So I think this answers my previous question Sad

Maybe we started on different A. I don't know, honestly I consider more realiatic my workflow because involves what you clearly see. This has to be solved with low res jpeg, always think about that.
drakegon

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:16:54 PM

That picture from Twitter has nothing to do with BTC or Satoshi Nakamoto. Do I have to zoom in until I see a private key or what? I don't get it.
Thoth1978

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:22:53 PM

Maybe we started on different A. I don't know, honestly I consider more realiatic my workflow because involves what you clearly see. This has to be solved with low res jpeg, always think about that.

Real last post for a while. Right. Format diesn’t seem to matter, per se. I’m working mostly with .pngs right now, and still making progress. Whatever the solution is, you should be able to find it with the JPEG or Tiff. I’ve picked up work from just a current .png, and had no problems. This is good because I don’t have enough RAM to keep everything open at once.
alphabetacanary

Activity: 75

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:04:08 PM

I will not ask for a part of the winnings, or something. I only ask the possible winner not to run away with the money without explain to all of us how to solve the final steps.
This is the only condition.

LOL.  This is an unnecessary condition.  Once the funds are moved, the puzzle creator will release the 'solver' image/post that explains how everything works.  This is how it's always worked with these puzzles.  No reason to believe otherwise this time. 
feedo

Activity: 694
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:33:09 PM

i see many trolls scammers newbies today! .. those stupid scammers think that they discovered the holy magic grail and they reached the final steps in 100 steps puzzle with thousands of strange creatures and 3d layers, hoping that they can find a stupid blind here who believe their lies and bullshits and send them private messages to negotiate with them and maybe send them money.

██▌  ▓▓▐██████████▄██████▄   █████
███▌▓▓▐█████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀  ▐██ ██▌
████▌▐██████▄▄▄▄▄███        ██▌ ▐██
██████████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▓▓███ █████████
██ ██▓▓████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▐██▌▓▓▓▐██▌
██    ▓▓██████████ ▓▓█████████   ▓▓███
    █        █▒   
   ███░  ██  █▒   
  ██████████░██  ░░
  █▄█▄██▄█▄█░██░ ██
 ███████████████░▒▒
 █▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▄██
 █▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▄██
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

CRYPTO
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▒███▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒
███████████████████

████▄▄    ▄████▄  ██     ██ ▄█████▄
██▀▀███  ████████ ██     █████▀▄▄
██  ███▌▐██▀  ▀██▌██     ██▀████▄▄
██████▀ ▐██▄  ▄██▌██     ██   ▀▀███
██▀▀▀    ████████ ██▄▄▄▄▄██▄   ▄███
██        ▀████▀  █████████▀█████▀

World’s Largest Decentralized City 
On The   ETHEREUM BLOCKCHAIN 
       ██           ▄▄█
      █  █      ▄▄██▀▀█
      ████  ▄▄██▀▀    █
  █ █ █ ████▀▀▄▄████▄▄
      █ ██  ██ ███ █████
      ▒███  █ ██ ███████
      █ ██  ██ ███ █████
      ▒███  █ ██ ███████
      █ ██  ██ ███ ███████████
      ████  █ ██ ████ █ █ ████
      ▒███  ███ ██ ███████████
      █ ██  █ ██ ████ █ █ ████
████  ▒███  ██████████████████
      █  █  █  █ █ ██ █ █ ████
████  ████  █  █ █ ██ █ █ ████

CRYPTOCOLLECTIBLE STRATEGY
GAME

itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:24:50 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2017, 06:38:40 PM by itod

And just - is not anyone interested in buying some embedded artists development boards?

(To moderators - this is not a sale offer)

Do not send personal messages to this troll and scammer to buy something from him, you will waste your BTC.

There is an interesting recent re-tweet by the author of the puzzle:

https://twitter.com/Zd3N/status/946039176486584321

She seems to be involved in creating this other puzzle, as she was given credit in the image ("Thanks to @coin_artist for loading this one."):

The solution is interesting and may relate to this puzzle. Each image is converted to six bits of information, and this series of six bits are used as index into Base58 charset, "123456789ABCDEFGHJKLMNPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijkmnopqrstuvwxyz". To simplify it, each 6 bits are index how much is each letter away from the beginning of charset - the letter/number "1". This series of 6 bits converts to WIF encoded private key in this manner. If something like this applies to this puzzle also, we are looking for series of 6 bits which begin with 5 since all WIF encoded private keys begin with this number.

Edit: Video with original puzzle animation that was later converted to individual images. Animation = private key:

https://i.imgur.com/70ivlo0.gifv
alphabetacanary

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:38:16 PM

The solution is interesting and may relate to this puzzle. Each image is converted to six bits of information, and this series of six bits are used as index into Base58 charset, "123456789ABCDEFGHJKLMNPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijkmnopqrstuvwxyz". To simplify it, each 6 bits are index how much is each letter away from the beginning of charset - the letter/number "1". This series of 6 bits converts to WIF encoded private key in this manner. If something like this applies to this puzzle also, we are looking for series of 6 bits which begin with 5 since all WIF encoded private keys begin with this number.

Heh, I solved that one.  I was excited that it might apply to this one too but alas I've tried it and nothing.  Compared to 1FLAMEN6, this was a cinch...

Here is my solution code:
Code:
import java.io.*;

public class Puzzle
{
    static int perm = 0;
    static char[][] pt = new char[720][];

static char b58[] = {
        '1','2','3','4','5','6','7','8','9','A','B','C','D','E',
        'F','G','H','J','K','L','M','N','P','Q','R','S','T','U',
        'V','W','X','Y','Z','a','b','c','d','e','f','g','h','i',
        'j','k','m','n','o','p','q','r','s','t','u','v','w','x',
        'y','z','?','?','?','?','?','?'
   };

static {
        for (int i = 0; i< 720;i++) {
            pt[i] = new char[6];
        }
    }

static void swap(char i[], int j, int k) {
        char tmp = i[j];
        i[j] = i[k];
        i[k] = tmp;
    }

static void permute(char[] i, int start, int end) {
        int c;
        if (start == end) {
            pt[perm][0] = i[0];
            pt[perm][1] = i[1];
            pt[perm][2] = i[2];
            pt[perm][3] = i[3];
            pt[perm][4] = i[4];
            pt[perm][5] = i[5];
            perm++;
            } else {
            for (c = start; c <= end; c++) {
                swap(i, start, c);
                permute(i, start + 1, end);
                swap(i, start, c);
            }
        }
    }

public static void main(String args[]) throws Exception {
        char[] lst = {'A','B','C','D','E','F'};
        permute(lst, 0,5);

// Data file represents which vertices inside the
        // 6 point hexagon are used on each character of
        // the key. Labels A,B,C,D,E,F.
        File f = new File("data");
        FileInputStream fis = new FileInputStream(f);
        InputStreamReader ir = new InputStreamReader(fis);
        BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(ir);
        String[] key = new String[51];

// Slurp in vertices file
        int c=0;
        while (true) {
            String l = br.readLine();
            if (l == null) break;
            key[c] = l; c=c+1;
        }

// For every permutation of vertices
        for (int p=0;p<720;p++) {
            // Build candidate string
            StringBuffer candidate = new StringBuffer();
            for (int i=0;i<51;i++) {
                String keychars = key[i];
                // Translate into binary given perm p
                int total = 0;
                for (int j=0;j<keychars.length();j++) {
                    int rel = keychars.charAt(j) - 'A';
                    int v = pt[p][rel] - 'A';
                    // Tricky.  Rotate position of bits on each frame!
                    v=v-i; while (v < 0) v=v+6;

total += (int)Math.pow(2,v);
                }
                candidate.append(b58[total]);
            }
            String candidateStr = candidate.toString();
            if ((candidateStr.startsWith("5H") ||
                candidateStr.startsWith("5J") ||
                candidateStr.startsWith("5K") ||
                candidateStr.startsWith("5L")) && !candidateStr.contains("?"))
              System.out.println(candidate.toString());
        }
    }
}

And this is the data file:

Code:
F
FC
CE
FAC
AC
AC
ABFD
FBC
FCD
E
FA
CED
BFEC
ABFED
FCD
BE
FC
EA
AC
ACDEF
DEF
BCDF
CF
ABE
BCEF
CDE
ACF
AD
BCD
ACDF
FB
BCE
AF
ACDE
CF
CFA
BDE
ABDEF
ACD
ABF
F
CD
CDEF
AB
ABCF
AE
ABEF
B
ACE
CD
ABCE

white_[x]_rabbit

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:45:14 PM

And just - is not anyone interested in buying some embedded artists development boards?

(To moderators - this is not a sale offer)

Do not send personal messages to this troll and scammer to buy something from him, you will waste your BTC.

This was not a sale offer, but I wonder if anyone interested in these puzzles was already thinking about entering in google - ea oem 011

But what do I know there, I'm just a troll Smiley
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:45:35 PM

Heh, I solved that one.

Congratulations, my friend! It's not the surprise you solved it, I remember how brilliant you were while we were in the same group enjoining previous puzzle/steps Smiley

Were there some coins in this one you solved?
alphabetacanary

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:49:08 PM

Were there some coins in this one you solved?

Yes, 0.0260414 BTC.
GoldTiger69

Activity: 582
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 07:47:16 PM

.... If something like this applies to this puzzle also, we are looking for series of 6 bits which begin with 5 since all WIF encoded private keys begin with this number.

That's true for uncompressed format, but compressed ones start with "K" or "L".

Just my 2 cents.

I can help you to restore/recover your wallet or password.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1234619.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: