Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 02:22:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Legend of Satoshi Nakamato, FINAL STEP PUBLISHED.... 4.87 BTC GRAND PRIZE!  (Read 108443 times)
bug.lady

Activity: 196
Merit: 23

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:02:54 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2018, 11:16:35 PM by bug.lady

Anybody can help me connect the original message with a 7x9 board? I was working on rewriting the message into 7x9 and 9x7 grids, but the Xs don't align with any particularly meaningful objects on board (like leaves and/or chess pieces). I thought about aligning the M (text message) with the key or ribbons, but the key is in between the tiles and the ribbons are on the rightmost column and I cannot align it either.

EDIT: It is an old idea, but at that time the "hearts on fire" painting had not been published yet so puzzle solvers who connected the original message with a chessboard idea played with a 8x8 chessboard. To no avail, at that time. I am wondering if there is any new value in the idea after we have received new puzzle pieces.

I barely remember that @coin_artist said that the picture is enough to resolve the puzzle, there is no need for using other pieces of information from other puzzles or previous steps... I am sure that the exact comment is in one of the pages of this thread. Nevertheless, I don't discard your idea, I think that the "347" thing, in the puzzles and the user names of the "people involved" belongs to other lines of work.

Did you check this right? http://www.eglebbk.dds.nl/program/cvwiki//index.php?title=Yari_Shogi Is one of the old clues, already posted a year ago I think...

Sorry not being really helpful...

I read through the whole thread and that one hint (the Xs and their sequence) were never used to solve anything, also I find it awkward that the chessboard was considered in the thread before it actually appeared on the painting. It is kind of too much of a coincidence. Then again, it may be an awkward coincidence...

Also there was this comment

Ok this one is pretty obvious but I have not think about it until now.
The first message has two series of numbers the encoded in the X and the 347 final part, maybe that's the user and password and we just need to properly decode both.
3 4 7 9 12 16 30 37 43 48 51 55 59 65 - 3 4 7
(...)
I think that series may be important later on, but it isn't part of this password puzzle.
(...)

and mirth23 knows what he is saying, he solved a large part of this puzzle. If this painting is really the last puzzle piece, than when to use the sequence if not NOW?

Cammy

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:20:55 AM

I read through the whole thread and that one hint (the Xs and their sequence) were never used to solve anything, also I find it awkward that the chessboard was considered in the thread before it actually appeared on the painting. It is kind of too much of a coincidence. Then again, it may be an awkward coincidence...

Are you referring to the sequence below? It was the beginning of the ARG and led to the 1follow address. The reason someone considered it as a chessboard was because there were chess references in earlier parts of the ARG, even before this image. I wouldn't expect this to related to the image though.

Code:
-=[O]=-=[ ]=-=[ ]=-=[x]=-=[x]=-=[ ]=-=[ ]=-=[x]=
-=[ ]=-=[x]=-=[ ]=-=[ ]=-=[x]=-=[ ]=-=[ ]=-=[ ]=
-=[x]=-=[ ]=-=[ ]=-=[ ]=-=[ ]=-=[ ]=-=[ ]=-=[ ]=
-=[ ]=-=[ ]=-=[ ]=-=[ ]=-=[ ]=-=[ ]=-=[x]=-=[ ]=
-=[ ]=-=[ ]=-=[ ]=-=[ ]=-=[ ]=-=[x]=-=[ ]=-=[ ]=
-=[ ]=-=[ ]=-=[ ]=-=[x]=-=[ ]=-=[ ]E-=[M]=-=[ ]=
-=[x]=-=[ ]=-=[ ]=-=[x]=-=[ ]=-=[ ]=-=[ ]=-=[x]=
-=[ ]=-=[ ]=-=[ ]=-=[x]=-=[ ]=-=[ ]=-=[ ]=-=[ ]=
-=[ ]=-E[x]=-=[ ]=-=[-]=-=[3]=-=[4]=-=[7]=-=[ ?
O = Origin Block
M = Message
E = Error in separators
? = Missing close square bracket

Also there was this comment

Ok this one is pretty obvious but I have not think about it until now.
The first message has two series of numbers the encoded in the X and the 347 final part, maybe that's the user and password and we just need to properly decode both.
3 4 7 9 12 16 30 37 43 48 51 55 59 65 - 3 4 7
(...)
I think that series may be important later on, but it isn't part of this password puzzle.
(...)

and mirth23 knows what he is saying, he solved a large part of this puzzle. If this painting is really the last puzzle piece, than when to use the sequence if not NOW?

This is possible. The number 347 in particular has shown up many times throughout this series. If applying it to the flames, I'd guess you could try looking at every third flame, then every fourth, etc. Are there other ways this number sequence could relate to the image?
zbyszek2

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:45:33 PM

Yet another idea:

some leaves are pointing inside chess squares,
what if they indicate the reading order of  flames sides and the direction.
Direction could be imposed by the corner spirals:
if a leaf is pointing  left we go CCW, otherwise we go CW.

https://imgur.com/oLzQaRP

unfortunately I'm not sure if the green color is correct (might also be "inner top" flames)
and if the black color should be taken into account, if not we would have this order (based on leaf marked yellow):
1. inner right CCW
2. outer bottom CW
3. outer top CW
4. inner left CW
captainnoob

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:38:26 AM

I have been working on another (feeble) attempt at interpreting this image. As much as I would like to hold my cards close to my chest and come out as the one who solved it, I hate unknowingly retracing steps even more.

I have been looking at applying a code 128 barcode to the flames in case a mini-key is what we are looking for. I have been looking at the thickness and re-arranging the top/bottom/left/right segments in an order that might create a barcode that might actually be readable.

I have also considered incorporating the color combinations to determine which flames should/shouldn't be included. Or, perhaps the short flames are one barcode (or section) and the tall flames are another. I am doing my barcode creation manually via image editors, but I am wondering if there is a programmatic way to do this.
captainnoob

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:45:49 AM

I am not nay-saying your hypothesis, but want to provide another perspective... When I draw a spiral, I tend to start in the middle and work my way out, so maybe the direction could be reversed. Also, if these are Ulam spirals, they would be starting in the middle working their way outwards.

I do agree that they seem to indicate a direction to follow for the order the information in the flames (if it exists). Following this reasoning, out of the 4 spirals, there are 2 directions of travel. I instinctively tend to lean towards one direction for the inner set and the opposite direction for the outer set.

mbitm

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:31:50 AM

1 - maybe this is necessary in the future: https://prnt.sc/i3rbud

2- maybe if we take out everything that needs to be taken, we'll find more clues?

https://prnt.sc/i3rgt6

3 - this seems artificial: http://prntscr.com/i3rirv

4- Has anyone tried to trace the roots?

5 - sorry for my English  Tongue
kn0w0n3

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:40:22 AM

4- Has anyone tried to trace the roots?

Yes, but I abandoned that idea..., unless someone comes up with something as to what they might mean that seems plausible.

Here you go: https://imgur.com/0S8oaPd https://imgur.com/K07xn2w
neogabe

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:59:21 AM

I have been working on another (feeble) attempt at interpreting this image. As much as I would like to hold my cards close to my chest and come out as the one who solved it, I hate unknowingly retracing steps even more.

I have been looking at applying a code 128 barcode to the flames in case a mini-key is what we are looking for. I have been looking at the thickness and re-arranging the top/bottom/left/right segments in an order that might create a barcode that might actually be readable.

I have also considered incorporating the color combinations to determine which flames should/shouldn't be included. Or, perhaps the short flames are one barcode (or section) and the tall flames are another. I am doing my barcode creation manually via image editors, but I am wondering if there is a programmatic way to do this.

I am still hoping that many of us are holding their cards and working in the shadows, perhaps in a private IRC channel or something like that.

Did you check https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=766000.320 and https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=766000.560? Could be useful to create a barcode, especially @alphabetacanary's work.
neogabe

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:32:33 AM

Good luck for you with those trolling flames.
The first big step is a minecraft server.

Can you please keep any stupid conjectures you have a minimum? Thanks.

Don't waste yout time https://imgur.com/a/E6TZg... and help us Wink
massl

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:49:00 AM

Did you visit the server you found?
jakerfox

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:27:13 PM

Wonder if this is just a clue presently, or perhaps a future clue? Or maybe just simply the genesis block. It seems appropriate to start bitcoin puzzle with Satoshi Nakamoto's hidden original message.  CryBTC
feedo

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:55:14 PM

i don't know why such a comment by me deleted?!
How did i breach the forum policy with this post?!

i'll say it again: "THE FIRST BIG STEP IN THIS PUZZLE IS A MINECRAFT SERVER"

██▌  ▓▓▐██████████▄██████▄   █████
███▌▓▓▐█████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀  ▐██ ██▌
████▌▐██████▄▄▄▄▄███        ██▌ ▐██
██████████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▓▓███ █████████
██ ██▓▓████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▐██▌▓▓▓▐██▌
██    ▓▓██████████ ▓▓█████████   ▓▓███
    █        █▒   
   ███░  ██  █▒   
  ██████████░██  ░░
  █▄█▄██▄█▄█░██░ ██
 ███████████████░▒▒
 █▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▄██
 █▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▄██
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

CRYPTO
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▒███▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒
███████████████████

████▄▄    ▄████▄  ██     ██ ▄█████▄
██▀▀███  ████████ ██     █████▀▄▄
██  ███▌▐██▀  ▀██▌██     ██▀████▄▄
██████▀ ▐██▄  ▄██▌██     ██   ▀▀███
██▀▀▀    ████████ ██▄▄▄▄▄██▄   ▄███
██        ▀████▀  █████████▀█████▀

World’s Largest Decentralized City 
On The   ETHEREUM BLOCKCHAIN 
       ██           ▄▄█
      █  █      ▄▄██▀▀█
      ████  ▄▄██▀▀    █
  █ █ █ ████▀▀▄▄████▄▄
      █ ██  ██ ███ █████
      ▒███  █ ██ ███████
      █ ██  ██ ███ █████
      ▒███  █ ██ ███████
      █ ██  ██ ███ ███████████
      ████  █ ██ ████ █ █ ████
      ▒███  ███ ██ ███████████
      █ ██  █ ██ ████ █ █ ████
████  ▒███  ██████████████████
      █  █  █  █ █ ██ █ █ ████
████  ████  █  █ █ ██ █ █ ████

CRYPTOCOLLECTIBLE STRATEGY
GAME

itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:21:59 PM

You breach the forum policy with every post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0

Forum rules

1. No zero or low value, pointless or uninteresting posts or threads. [1][e]
3. No trolling.

You are trolling constantly. Your posts are of 0 value for absolutely everyone in this thread. Show me your single post that in any form contributed to solving the puzzle. Stop promoting your opinion, nobody cares if you think people are going in the wrong direction. How can it be said more directly? Do not argue with others about their actions and methods. Contribute with your own or shut up.
sini

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:33:22 PM

Forum rules

3. No trolling.

You are trolling constantly. Your posts are of 0 value for absolutely everyone in this thread. Show me your single post that in any form contributed to solving the puzzle. Stop promoting your opinion, nobody cares if you think people are going in the wrong direction. How can it be said more directly? Do not argue with others about their actions and methods. Contribute with your own or shut up.
feedo

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:40:43 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2018, 02:48:14 AM by feedo

Forum rules

3. No trolling.

To your knowledge,

EXCEPT THE WHITE RABBIT POSTS every single post in this forum including your posts are:
pointless, uninteresting, have zero or no value.

@itod  
You are trolling constantly. Your posts are of 0 value for absolutely everyone in this thread. Show me your single post that in any form contributed to solving the puzzle?!

██▌  ▓▓▐██████████▄██████▄   █████
███▌▓▓▐█████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀  ▐██ ██▌
████▌▐██████▄▄▄▄▄███        ██▌ ▐██
██████████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▓▓███ █████████
██ ██▓▓████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▐██▌▓▓▓▐██▌
██    ▓▓██████████ ▓▓█████████   ▓▓███
    █        █▒   
   ███░  ██  █▒   
  ██████████░██  ░░
  █▄█▄██▄█▄█░██░ ██
 ███████████████░▒▒
 █▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▄██
 █▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▄██
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

CRYPTO
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▒███▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒
███████████████████

████▄▄    ▄████▄  ██     ██ ▄█████▄
██▀▀███  ████████ ██     █████▀▄▄
██  ███▌▐██▀  ▀██▌██     ██▀████▄▄
██████▀ ▐██▄  ▄██▌██     ██   ▀▀███
██▀▀▀    ████████ ██▄▄▄▄▄██▄   ▄███
██        ▀████▀  █████████▀█████▀

World’s Largest Decentralized City 
On The   ETHEREUM BLOCKCHAIN 
       ██           ▄▄█
      █  █      ▄▄██▀▀█
      ████  ▄▄██▀▀    █
  █ █ █ ████▀▀▄▄████▄▄
      █ ██  ██ ███ █████
      ▒███  █ ██ ███████
      █ ██  ██ ███ █████
      ▒███  █ ██ ███████
      █ ██  ██ ███ ███████████
      ████  █ ██ ████ █ █ ████
      ▒███  ███ ██ ███████████
      █ ██  █ ██ ████ █ █ ████
████  ▒███  ██████████████████
      █  █  █  █ █ ██ █ █ ████
████  ████  █  █ █ ██ █ █ ████

CRYPTOCOLLECTIBLE STRATEGY
GAME

cx_primo

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:10:01 PM

Try still working out on my desk. I want also how to know the answer.
mbitm

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:11:27 PM

Beyond Our Fiery Grave

When I fall into a crumpled shattered heap, you gather my broken pieces.

When I'm engulfed in flames, a prisoner to my own anger and confusion;
You brazen the stormy wrath, and lead me steadily through the blinding rage.

In your confident gaze, I remember my hopes, my inspirations.
My constant companion, I live in the depths of your love.

In your hands, I discover a firm place to stand; You mend my tattered wings, and gently nudge me forward.

Calm and quiet hands, slow to anger, full of strength; Will seek for me in my darkest hour, and hold me fast.

My loyal Turtle, I will forever be your Phoenix, whom will love you beyond our fiery grave.
© 2 years ago, ytcoinartist

https://allpoetry.com/poem/12170706-Beyond-Our-Fiery-Grave--by-ytcoinartist

more from ytocinarista
https://allpoetry.com/ytcoinartist
neogabe

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:07:19 AM

Beyond Our Fiery [...]

It's clearly related, you can see the puzzle as a thumbnail https://imgur.com/a/pTgqF, but I don't know if it's only an inspiring text or a path to follow...
sini

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:02:34 PM

I will be publishing more research/code and starting a new IRC likely today if people want to hop in.
captainnoob

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:09:12 AM

There are 8 unique combination of border/fill/height for each of the flames on the border (10 if you count the orange ones, but they look like noise to me).

• Red,Green,Tall
  • Red,Green,Short
  • Red,Purple,Tall
  • Red,Purple,Short
  • Yellow,Green,Tall
  • Yellow,Green,Short
  • Yellow,Purple,Tall
  • Yellow,Purple,Short

I think there is a real possibility that this a representation of octal, but not direct octal > text. I think it might be encoded a couple of levels... Something like octal > hex -or- binary > Morse > etc.

There are 40,320 possible ways to assign 0-8 to each of the color/height combinations. Also, not knowing the direction to read the information makes it more of a shot in the dark. So manually checking this might be unreasonable, and even scripting this is going to produce quite a bit of information to sift through. It would be nice if there were some clues available that might narrow the possibilities. I will try to script this out when I have some time. I think it might be best to grab a small sample rather than the whole thing.

If anyone has the ability to get this scripted out faster than me, I would really appreciate it if you would share your code with me.
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: