Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 02:34:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Legend of Satoshi Nakamato, FINAL STEP PUBLISHED.... 4.87 BTC GRAND PRIZE!  (Read 108428 times)
feedo

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:59:27 PM

Ok the solver just pushed the solution walk thru for TORCHED H34R7S. I'll post it here first for anyone interested. I don't really feel like posting it on bitcointalk right now bc you all are bunch of haters.

LOL as it was like 56 pages comlicated solution to hide from us.

██▌  ▓▓▐██████████▄██████▄   █████
███▌▓▓▐█████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀  ▐██ ██▌
████▌▐██████▄▄▄▄▄███        ██▌ ▐██
██████████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▓▓███ █████████
██ ██▓▓████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▐██▌▓▓▓▐██▌
██    ▓▓██████████ ▓▓█████████   ▓▓███
    █        █▒   
   ███░  ██  █▒   
  ██████████░██  ░░
  █▄█▄██▄█▄█░██░ ██
 ███████████████░▒▒
 █▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▄██
 █▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▄█▄██
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

CRYPTO
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▒███▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒
███████████████████

████▄▄    ▄████▄  ██     ██ ▄█████▄
██▀▀███  ████████ ██     █████▀▄▄
██  ███▌▐██▀  ▀██▌██     ██▀████▄▄
██████▀ ▐██▄  ▄██▌██     ██   ▀▀███
██▀▀▀    ████████ ██▄▄▄▄▄██▄   ▄███
██        ▀████▀  █████████▀█████▀

World’s Largest Decentralized City 
On The   ETHEREUM BLOCKCHAIN 
       ██           ▄▄█
      █  █      ▄▄██▀▀█
      ████  ▄▄██▀▀    █
  █ █ █ ████▀▀▄▄████▄▄
      █ ██  ██ ███ █████
      ▒███  █ ██ ███████
      █ ██  ██ ███ █████
      ▒███  █ ██ ███████
      █ ██  ██ ███ ███████████
      ████  █ ██ ████ █ █ ████
      ▒███  ███ ██ ███████████
      █ ██  █ ██ ████ █ █ ████
████  ▒███  ██████████████████
      █  █  █  █ █ ██ █ █ ████
████  ████  █  █ █ ██ █ █ ████

CRYPTOCOLLECTIBLE STRATEGY
GAME

fenican

Activity: 1394
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:00:49 PM

So the good news is it has been solved. The bad news is what would have been a $98k prize at BTC's peak is now worth only $33k.
YuTü.Co.in

Activity: 728
Merit: 350

Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 11:13:04 PM

Hi every one!
I just join in the forum. I have a question: Did someone tried to find the origin of the painting? Who is the author of it?
Or this is made by the creator of the puzzle??? Maybe we have to start from there(or at least me)

Author of the painting, and the creator of the puzzle is the same person: Marguerite Christine, the woman on the left in the picture:

There was a previous puzzle which was eventually solved:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=661781.0

This one still holds, IMHO because there was no community dedicated to solving it like the previous one. We were torn between half-functional forums and IRC channels, and it was no fun anymore like the first puzzle.

From the desk of Leading Down the Wrong Path:

Christine Andreas: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christine_Andreas; played Marguerite St. Just: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scarlet_Pimpernel_(musical)#Characters

The Scarlet Pimpernel - Into the Fire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSwSGgkQZUE

TheGamer506

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:50:01 PM

Hi every one!
I just join in the forum. I have a question: Did someone tried to find the origin of the painting? Who is the author of it?
Or this is made by the creator of the puzzle??? Maybe we have to start from there(or at least me)

Author of the painting, and the creator of the puzzle is the same person: Marguerite Christine, the woman on the left in the picture:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNTFcC_WAAAPX6a.jpg

There was a previous puzzle which was eventually solved:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=661781.0

This one still holds, IMHO because there was no community dedicated to solving it like the previous one. We were torn between half-functional forums and IRC channels, and it was no fun anymore like the first puzzle.

From the desk of Leading Down the Wrong Path:

Christine Andreas: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christine_Andreas; played Marguerite St. Just: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scarlet_Pimpernel_(musical)#Characters

The Scarlet Pimpernel - Into the Fire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSwSGgkQZUE

Can you explain how the winner could get the other forks? like BCH, BTG, etc.

If you enter the private key in blockchain.info it was possible to claim the forks ?, and does anyone know what the private key was?

Thanks, I'm new to all this.
kashking

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 12:03:41 AM

So after reading how befuddled people are on this thread that there were too many possibilities and it wasn't fair, I see why this person walked away with the prize and I think he did a fine job. I'm looking forward to his published walk-thru, as it shows he is a brilliant and logical thinker.  

WTF is that !!

as it shows he is a brilliant and logical thinker
This means that every single solver over more than 3 years is stupid and unlogical thinkers! (except Isaac of course).

only that unknown (aka isaac) is a brilliant and logical thinker in your opinion!
which means that the problem wasn't at all in the puzzle itself, instead it was in those stupid unlogical solvers!!..."SHAME ON YOU"

How could be a puzzle with 36 pages solution and high difficulty took the solvers only few weeks and 1.5 pages solution puzzle took more than 3 years?! if it wasn't about Luck and stupid random work!

"SHAME ON YOU!" you should apologise for your shit post and that big Troll puzzle.

Yes I think that's exactly what it means, you idiotic worthless piece of human garbage. The fact that after losing to Isaac that you have to come on an internet forum and troll, says a hell of a lot more about you than it does about him, or the creator of the puzzle.

He could be an expatriate living anywhere. But if he could get into trouble for having/using Bitcoin, is it really cool to try to find him?
I'm just saying is that Isaac resides in ... let's say  Wink ... Weston, FL, then that would negate him living abroad, eh?

You're probably the same person, but if not, you're equally as worthless trash. Buck the fuck up and don't be a whiny entitled little cocksucker because you weren't smart enough to solve it faster than the other guy.

You are sickening human beings and you should take a look in a mirror, and adjust your fucking privilege.

bachus

Activity: 226
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:09:00 AM

The solver is getting ready to publish his own walk-thru explaining how he decoded the painting. And when you read it you will see that 1) It didn't require to be brute forced. 2) I'll quote him here as he hasn't published the document yet, but he says "Number of permutations of the three data channels multiplied by the number of possible interpretations of channel states yields in 48 options."

So after reading how befuddled people are on this thread that there were too many possibilities and it wasn't fair, I see why this person walked away with the prize and I think he did a fine job. I'm looking forward to his published walk-thru, as it shows he is a brilliant and logical thinker.   
This isn't the first time a thread devoted to one of your puzzles has devolved into unruly mayhem. Perhaps next time you should create the thread with self-moderating privileges to weed out the trolls.
YuTü.Co.in

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 02:06:10 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2018, 02:22:31 AM by YuTü.Co.in

WTF is that !!

as it shows he is a brilliant and logical thinker
This means that every single solver over more than 3 years is stupid and unlogical thinkers! (except Isaac of course).

only that unknown (aka isaac) is a brilliant and logical thinker in your opinion!
which means that the problem wasn't at all in the puzzle itself, instead it was in those stupid unlogical solvers!!..."SHAME ON YOU"

How could be a puzzle with 36 pages solution and high difficulty took the solvers only few weeks and 1.5 pages solution puzzle took more than 3 years?! if it wasn't about Luck and stupid random work!

"SHAME ON YOU!" you should apologise for your shit post and that big Troll puzzle.

Yes I think that's exactly what it means, you idiotic worthless piece of human garbage. The fact that after losing to Isaac that you have to come on an internet forum and troll, says a hell of a lot more about you than it does about him, or the creator of the puzzle.

He could be an expatriate living anywhere. But if he could get into trouble for having/using Bitcoin, is it really cool to try to find him?
I'm just saying is that Isaac resides in ... let's say  Wink ... Weston, FL, then that would negate him living abroad, eh?

You're probably the same person, but if not, you're equally as worthless trash. Buck the fuck up and don't be a whiny entitled little cocksucker because you weren't smart enough to solve it faster than the other guy.

You are sickening human beings and you should take a look in a mirror, and adjust your fucking privilege.

Jesus One-Flew-Over-the-Cuckoo's-Nest Christ, looks like we need to contact Nurse Ratched in seeing if one of her patients has gone AWOL after, perhaps, killing another patient with a fluffy pillow. In one sentence alone, the dude went from lightening a colorful metaphoric phrase to cussing like a cocksuckin' sailor.

BTW, kashking, I didn't even attempt to solve the puzzle because it was beyond my prowess.

“A knotty puzzle may hold a scientist up for a century, when it may be that a colleague has the solution already and is not even aware of the puzzle that it might solve.”

"One day, I hope there's a coin with my likeness on it, even if it's crypto-based.
Meanwhile, I'll tackle a knotty puzzle."

Okay, why was this vid deleted?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpxyRc39Ssc

Further, interesting first reply in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2823788.msg28927849#msg28927849

tokexchain

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:08:25 AM

I love coin_artists work, the puzzles are very very creative and pivot on the illusions and actions of our inactions - it takes a certain someone who can solve these puzzles easily, whole communities have come together and tried. Totally outstandng work.
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:38:26 PM

That one looks interesting but it seems to be dead now (no activity whatsoever for 5 months on reddit), but the server is live and it is what counts Smiley

The server responses but its ssh responses changed during the course of the day today, as if they are constantly changing something.
Is anybody else trying to solve it maybe, even if it is a shared effort in between other puzzles - maybe we could create a dedicated thread (?)

I spent about two hours last night looking at that challenge. I ran all the commands I could across all the files and directories and saved a copy of all the files:

Feel free to check it out here:
https://github.com/bboe/something

I wasn't able to get anywhere via SSH and I have no idea yet where this address comes from that someone on Reddit suggested is the one holding the coin: 1KWkDsv9VsdwsCWpJ2mu9R5AgUWgSPQHjf

I'd love to hear any thoughts that you are anyone else has.

OK, I'll share, why not? First of all, the address follows that path, but I am not sure why they are 100% positive it is the one. I think it may well not be THE address, but anyway, here is the path (and the path starting point is one of the addresses in /public/sql_out.txt):
  • 1GEbVB6X4bwQu2QCUNH7phuMAwmc2Jvmb8 
  • 1BgoUL3Mf8vDSDU4jjpFARKBJ6zPDpa4RU
  • 1AeRaPFTj3emEQPZjGDXBjhXKNQK8SkGaR 
  • 1N5L7AwQBiHP23sbLWfR1WtqBbr5FeiRoC 
  • 19RcXw9Pvg1sfF919YZLZUsgYnnh8yTufT 
  • 1KWkDsv9VsdwsCWpJ2mu9R5AgUWgSPQHjf

Also, note the executebles begin with Hex transliteration of "BIOS FOOD".

These are all my findings for now. I was not able to connect to SSH with the private key to any of the users listed on the server, either

Pan Troglodytes

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:41:24 PM

The solver is getting ready to publish his own walk-thru explaining how he decoded the painting. And when you read it you will see that 1) It didn't require to be brute forced. 2) I'll quote him here as he hasn't published the document yet, but he says "Number of permutations of the three data channels multiplied by the number of possible interpretations of channel states yields in 48 options."

Maybe you guys read my summary ? Cheesy I will follow with a tradition shared by yt_coin_artist and yt_co.in and red out the important pieces

All elements of the puzzle solution were disclosed in the open in this thread of bitcointalk forum before or on Jan 28th. It is:

0. alphabetcanary figuring out the pacemaker and the only route to read through the segments. Without the pacemaker the solution would not be possible (too many possibilities to order segments to do the search).
1. smracer suggesting to include the blob as the 4th stream of data (joint effort with zbyszek2) and I may say modestly that I liked and forced that idea too Smiley
2. crax0r figuring out that the pacemaker was just the artefact of the 0s on each second flame length xored by the key-string 011010
3. bug.lady, sblitz - observation, that the ISO-8859-1 and the Code Page 437 were full byte encodings and they were in essence the same encoding when restricted to digits and letters. Maybe it wasn't mentioned, but one (one who was looking for such things after crax0r's remark) could see that digits and letters had encodings starting with 0 as the first bit, and having every 8th bit equal 0 aligned nicely with the information that each flame coded 4 bits and every second flame height was 0 (after xoring).
4. zbyszek2 noted that the bit streams were correlated with each other - it kind of suggested that they should be the part of xor too.

What crax0r had wrong was that the xoring by the key-string 011010 was not restricted to length only, but it went in a kind of circle throughout all bit streams, but it could be figured out as per the observation 4 and moreover one was able to see that in that way the 0x1x1x pacemaker was preserved too.

Thus, the length stream (with the 0s) was bound to be the first bit of 4 for each flame and what was left was:
1. to figure out the coding (what value is 0 and what is 1) for remaining 3 data streams (2^3=8 possibilities here) and
2. the order of the remaining 3 streams (3!=6 possibilities),
which totalled to 6x8=48 possibilities. It was only a matter of time that it would be figured out by somebody on this forum.
(...)
regisek

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:01:34 PM

(...)

These are all my findings for now. I was not able to connect to SSH with the private key to any of the users listed on the server, either

I was playing a bit with this and I am afraid it is abandoned. No one is writing about it, I'm also like you not convinced that this 1KWkDsv9VsdwsCWpJ2mu9R5AgUWgSPQHjf is THE address.
What I like is whole terminal stuff. What I don't like is that not all commands work as should. For example you can't pass arguments to functions, ls -a doesn't work. I'm a bit afraid that it is not some sort of shell but simple "paragraph" text input program, you add one space too much or use capital letter and it wont recognize.

So far - dead end. I'm trying to run service.bin somehow.

Pan Troglodytes

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:11:18 PM

(...)

I was playing a bit with this and I am afraid it is abandoned. No one is writing about it, I'm also like you not convinced that this 1KWkDsv9VsdwsCWpJ2mu9R5AgUWgSPQHjf is THE address.
What I like is whole terminal stuff. What I don't like is that not all commands work as should. For example you can't pass arguments to functions, ls -a doesn't work. I'm a bit afraid that it is not some sort of shell but simple "paragraph" text input program, you add one space too much or use capital letter and it wont recognize.

Me to but to no avail. Commands like "service" with or without the ".bin"/the full path don't work. Maybe you need to be authenticated as user1, I thought, and hence the attempts to SSH as user1, all to no avail. I kind of thought that maybe the whole thing was dead too, but at one point of the day the server CHANGED the response I was getting on my SSH client, what makes me think that maybe they turned it on, uploaded the missing RSA public key or at least they are playing with the terminal on its other end Smiley

All that was yesterday as I can't spare even a moment for it today
chubbychew

Activity: 39
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:09:23 PM

(...)

This one is too programmy to feel like I can do much of anything... Here's a tid bit that may be helpful though: on the CSS for the terminal there is a call for a font "VT232" or courier. Working in graphics and searching the appropriate repositories turns up no such font ever. Perhaps "VT232" is a useful code at some point.
TheGamer506

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:55:45 PM

I love this thread, people ask for help with some doubts and ignore them completely, but to throw shit between you ... they create extensive paragraphs.
TheGamer506

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:13:35 PM

That one looks interesting but it seems to be dead now (no activity whatsoever for 5 months on reddit), but the server is live and it is what counts Smiley

The server responses but its ssh responses changed during the course of the day today, as if they are constantly changing something.
Is anybody else trying to solve it maybe, even if it is a shared effort in between other puzzles - maybe we could create a dedicated thread (?)

I spent about two hours last night looking at that challenge. I ran all the commands I could across all the files and directories and saved a copy of all the files:

Feel free to check it out here:
https://github.com/bboe/something

I wasn't able to get anywhere via SSH and I have no idea yet where this address comes from that someone on Reddit suggested is the one holding the coin: 1KWkDsv9VsdwsCWpJ2mu9R5AgUWgSPQHjf

I'd love to hear any thoughts that you are anyone else has.

Hi, can you send me a message to talk?
bboe

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:49:34 PM

Hi, can you send me a message to talk?

Looks like we both had "has not chosen to allow messages from newbies" setting. I disabled mine. Message away!

I made a new link here if people want to chat on Reddit about it (I think it's easier to follow conversations that way):

https://www.reddit.com/r/bitcoinpuzzles/comments/7vphjz/theterminalsh/
bembi

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:55:23 PM

Yeah I've tried all those the actual programs listed need decoding before they will run. Invalid characters etc.
Interesting that there's also a book about chess and the circles of hell training. The more I look at the moves in chess the closer a key looks likely to be generated from certain moves.
YuTü.Co.in

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 02:56:32 AM

Why hasn't the OP - Ty13rDerden - commented in this thread since the reveal?

bug.lady

Activity: 196
Merit: 23

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:16:18 AM

@ytcoinartist and others.. Are there any more unsolved puzzles, with a good potential prize?

Do you know any website where i can find a list of those puzzles?

I only know about three puzzles with crypto prizes right now: (1) https://www.neondistrict.io - 15 ETH, (2) http://viacoin.org/puzzle/ - 1337 VIA, (3) http://crypto.haluska.sk/crypto_db18.png - 0.035 BTC.

Good luck. Smiley
2 more:

And maybe that one: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2504529.new#new
I have just found it so I don't know anything yet, really. It is a rock band, it seems. They founded a few puzzles with a total of 0.02372 BTC, but some of them are already solved. Have fun guys!

rezpkt

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:31:47 AM

(...)

This one is too programmy to feel like I can do much of anything... Here's a tid bit that may be helpful though: on the CSS for the terminal there is a call for a font "VT232" or courier. Working in graphics and searching the appropriate repositories turns up no such font ever. Perhaps "VT232" is a useful code at some point.

FYI its VT323 and it's here: https://fonts.google.com/specimen/VT323
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: