Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:23:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ELC Elacoin|Elastic Scrypt-N Mining|Two exchanges|New wallet!  (Read 41185 times)
AmericanComputerNerd

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

"Change is the only constant." -Heraclitus

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 03:10:13 AM

Our Elacoin Scrypt-N pool is online.  It is hosted by a strong NOMP back end!

Only one or two miners, and a relatively low hash rate for the pool.  Not sure if there is another pool, or a bunch of solo miners, but the coin has ~150 mh/s on the network?  Let's try to spread this around!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Matory (OP)

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:14:45 AM

ELC members!

Please create in Cryptsy support tickets asking to update ELC wallet!

Thanks!
mat5x

Activity: 181

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 09:33:57 PM

ELC members!

Thanks!

vern might not make a move til i give a nod, at least i hope so, not because it's me but because I have a link to the old active community. i havent seen any of the stakeholders from early days (representing still a majority of the ELC being held) that have vetted and assented to this fork.

you need some consensus in here and elsewhere before you will be successful. do what you want, but you really need some community agreement. i just dont see it.

Elacoin/ELC - block reward proportional-to-difficulty coin! http://elacoin.com
Matory (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:56:25 AM

ELC members!

Thanks!

vern might not make a move til i give a nod, at least i hope so, not because it's me but because I have a link to the old active community. i havent seen any of the stakeholders from early days (representing still a majority of the ELC being held) that have vetted and assented to this fork.

you need some consensus in here and elsewhere before you will be successful. do what you want, but you really need some community agreement. i just dont see it.

Where this active community?
I know at least four stakeholders and they are in this thread and agree with any new changes.
majeis

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:01:13 AM

ELC members!

Thanks!

I know at least four stakeholders and they are in this thread and agree with any new changes.

Sounds like a moderate usage of hyperbole to me, though active shareholders in a thread does mean that the community is active, albeit not a very large community.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GRC  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
DICE           
BLACKJACK
PLINKO       
VIDEO POKER
ROULETTE     
LOTTO            
Matory (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:17:18 AM

ELC members!

Thanks!

Sounds like a moderate usage of hyperbole to me, though active shareholders in a thread does mean that the community is active, albeit not a very large community.

In old thread I send first message at two months ago, news about release new wallet at month ago. Though, enough time to make a decision or to refuse it, isn't it?   Wink in any case, rebuild old wallet was necessary and now wallet work good and smooth.
mat5x

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 05:55:40 PM

scare up the stakeholders and we'll make a move. not sure the best way to prove they're stakeholders though, from some kinda proof of stake (lol) in the blockchain - produce a signable
message on a 0.01 elc xmission or something for their adddresses, say, would be good ya?

let me know what you can get together. I dont want to free the whole blockchain and code to just anyone.

AmericanComputerNerd

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 09:17:53 PM

scare up the stakeholders and we'll make a move. not sure the best way to prove they're stakeholders though, from some kinda proof of stake (lol) in the blockchain - produce a signable
message on a 0.01 elc xmission or something for their adddresses, say, would be good ya?

let me know what you can get together. I dont want to free the whole blockchain and code to just anyone.

Cryptocurrency is decentralized and no single person "owns" the coin...  The old code needed to be fixed and it is now fixed...  Were you satisfied with a broken product?

No one wants to be a part of a hostile take over, and I can assure you that is not anyone's intention here...  But, what do you stand to gain from holding everything back?
mat5x

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:35:49 PM

Cryptocurrency is decentralized and no single person "owns" the coin...  The old code needed to be fixed and it is now fixed...  Were you satisfied with a broken product?

No one wants to be a part of a hostile take over, and I can assure you that is not anyone's intention here...  But, what do you stand to gain from holding everything back?

What do we stand to lose by accepting unvetted code from someone  who wasnt around at the start and doesnt hold much coin?

AmericanComputerNerd

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 11:33:56 PM

What do we stand to lose by accepting unvetted code from someone  who wasnt around at the start and doesnt hold much coin?

Assuming that you can read the code, you (or anyone) is welcome to review the change history from the fork of your latest version...  The changes are well documented and transparent.  The coder that we work with has 15+ years experience in C / C++ coding and I can assure you all we did is fix the block chain that was frozen and jumping around, and change the algo of the coin. 

Any value / coins in the old client were essentially stuck, and would take significant time to transfer value between wallets.  My guess would be that most of your bag holders walked away from the coin out of frustration, and would be happy to know the wallet works again.

https://github.com/Crypto2/elacoin/commits/master?page=1
Matory (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:01:45 AM

Your decisions take quite a long time. More than they should. I don't want to wait for the transactions in two days, this is an important reason to change the code.
mat5x

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 11:59:23 PM

true, but id like to see one other person with a provable high stake in elacoin give a go ahead - by doing a transaction of 0.012345 elc to somewhere. I shouldnt act by fiat alone.

AmericanComputerNerd

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 12:46:15 AM

true, but id like to see one other person with a provable high stake in elacoin give a go ahead - by doing a transaction of 0.012345 elc to somewhere. I shouldnt act by fiat alone.

Oh, lord...  Will someone please do this for this guy?
Matory (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:57:44 AM

Oh, lord...  Will someone please do this for this guy?

i'm interested too
poker26

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:32:41 PM

Hi Math, hi everybody!

Math, as I'm not a programmer (though holding some ELC's and current elacoin.cc website) I can not estimate the code.
I agree that live product is better than broken and abandoned one.
So if you think that code is safe, I will support the takeover.
mat5x

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:52:18 PM

Hi Math, hi everybody!

Math, as I'm not a programmer (though holding some ELC's and current elacoin.cc website) I can not estimate the code.

Poker the problem is no one has looked at the code. So the only way forward here is if we think the coin is worth 0 then there's no risk. I havent done the work of evaluating
the highest stakeholder's current worth (maybe its only $100?), so I dont know how much there is to loose.

I dont see alot of traffic in here, so maybe it doesnt matter in the end.......

poker26

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 04:06:02 PM

I think that current marketcap of ca.$5000 is the same as zero))
I doubt that anybody is holding more than 50k of elc's (saw bid of 14k at Cryptsy)
And even if somebody is holding that much, he's got no chance to sell as nobody is buying.

I myself am holding 13847.498 ELC at EVVhGHBwMH2ZJiuiQ3LGwH1UsZ47hNnM8F and estimate this mega-holding as zero:)))
So, no risk IMO:)))
AmericanComputerNerd

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 07:06:28 PM

I pulled the plug on the mining pool until this is worked out...  It is a waste of resources and misleading to have folks mining on a fork that has a 50 / 50 chance of being abandoned.  I can only assume that Cryptsy is either ignoring this fork or is working with Mat5x, who isn't releasing the coin...  No one has reached out to me or Matory.

The pool was powered by NOMP, so all coins were paid out as they were confirmed...  If we decide to move forward I can reactivate the pool.

By all means, if you find this an acceptable level of risk, please solo mine.  I just feel like having a community pool risks causing confusion since the community appears to be split at the moment.
Matory (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:15:24 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2014, 07:40:34 PM by Matory

Hi Math, hi everybody!

Poker the problem is no one has looked at the code. So the only way forward here is if we think the coin is worth 0 then there's no risk. I havent done the work of evaluating
the highest stakeholder's current worth (maybe its only $100?), so I dont know how much there is to loose.

I dont see alot of traffic in here, so maybe it doesnt matter in the end.......

Your may pay to coder and check source.
I have most stake in ELC and I don't understood why you obstructed the update.  Undecided

By all means, if you find this an acceptable level of risk, please solo mine.  I just feel like having a community pool risks causing confusion since the community appears to be split at the moment.

Only mat5x is aside us.  Cheesy
poker26

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 08:13:23 AM

what we actually need is a working blockexplorer!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: