Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:15:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: major breakout imminent!  (Read 9216 times)
arepo (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 07:17:11 AM

disclaimer: this thread focuses only on non-directional observations.

two sets of observations can be made from the preceding:

on the one hand, we have seen incredibly low price movement/volatility in the past month:

-- ADX is around a 3-month low

-- Bollinger Width at a 3-month low

and on the other, we have what could be interpreted as the early signs of a 'reversal' in this trend of decreasing volatility:

-- Chaikin Volatility about to cross zero-line after making a 2.5-month low

-- Mass Index dropping off from a 2.5-month high

taken together, this predicts a large price movement in the next weeks/month. hold on to your positions -- and let's hope your bets are on the right side Tongue

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 07:19:10 AM

I would suppress too.
arepo (OP)

this statement is false

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 07:35:54 AM

I would suppress too.

i'm not sure what you're getting at, but i can edit out the last line if you think i'm attempting some kind of shameless manipulation. i would urge individuals who don't already hold a position to get into one, as well, which is not 'suppression'. since i clearly do not espouse a direction, regardless of whether or not the last line is a 'trading suggestion' i don't even think i'm breaking the new draconian forum rules.

so bugger off, i'll stop posting analysis altogether if i keep getting such negative feedback, and then everybody loses Tongue

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 08:03:40 AM

I would suppress too.

i'm not sure what you're getting at, but i can edit out the last line if you think i'm attempting some kind of shameless manipulation. i would urge individuals who don't already hold a position to get into one, as well, which is not 'suppression'. since i clearly do not espouse a direction, regardless of whether or not the last line is a 'trading suggestion' i don't even think i'm breaking the new draconian forum rules.

so bugger off, i'll stop posting analysis altogether if i keep getting such negative feedback, and then everybody loses Tongue

I'm not sure it was negative feedback. Also, look at bitcoinbitcoin113s profile pic, you clearly shouldn't take anything he says too seriously.

Thanks for your analysis and also thanks for making very clear it doesn't favor any direction Wink

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
bb113

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 03:41:39 PM

I would suppress too.

Sorry about the misunderstanding. The blame lies completely with me for being cryptic. I am pretty much agreeing with you. I meant there has been low volatility because rallies are being suppressed by "manipulators". It is actually a pretty dumb post.
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 03:55:35 PM

I would suppress too.

Sorry about the misunderstanding. The blame lies completely with me for being cryptic. I am pretty much agreeing with you. I meant there has been low volatility because rallies are being suppressed by "manipulators". It is actually a pretty dumb post.

The suppressing of market price from going over $5 USD may be to protect someones position in Bitcoinica. However that will be short lived. Just as last year this time other factors played in keeping the "Mania" at bay. And yes it still failed.

Positions change regularly.

All things are cyclical even the Bitcoin "Economy". Therefore speculators are getting ready to predict the pendulum swing "bull" or "bear".
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2012, 04:46:41 PM

Following careful consultation of gentleman Johnnie Walker I agree  Grin

We're going to move somewhere. Atm though it's looking slightly down judging by the current volume  Angry

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 05:06:30 PM

I think the huge volume down on Feb 13-16 (300k BTC alone on one day) was the seller climax. Mr M bought most of those coins.

Sellers have been waiting to buy below $3.8 (and growing increasingly impatient), but I doubt that Mr M will be selling coins for cheaper than he paid (he is much more patient). Those who sold at the low end up buying higher - not the reverse.

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
Bigpiggy01

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2012, 05:11:56 PM

Sellers have been waiting to buy below $3.8 (and growing increasingly impatient), but I doubt that Mr M will be selling coins for cheaper than he paid (he is much more patient). Those who sold at the low end up buying higher - not the reverse.

+1 I'd really like to see that come into play. But we need a fairly serious volume build up for btc to kick into fullblown rally mode.

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄

▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
bitcoinBull
Legendary

rippleFanatic

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 05:59:35 PM

+1 I'd really like to see that come into play. But we need a fairly serious volume build up for btc to kick into fullblown rally mode.

Right. So the question is whether there's already enough 'dry powder' to kick the volume up, or if there will be a sell-off first.

hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 09:32:49 PM

How come those analyzing charts never analyse the volume?

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
GoWest

Activity: 563
Merit: 501

betwithbtc.com

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2012, 10:52:47 PM

There's an order for 16,000 BTC @ 4.96 on Bitcoinica. 

https://bitcoinica.com/pages/order_book

teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 11:39:38 PM

Looks more than that.. :O

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 11:40:21 PM

why are you even looking at the bitcoinica orderbook, everyone knows it's fake

(BFL)^2 < 0
arepo (OP)

this statement is false

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 04:43:27 AM

i, too, apologise. seems i have been accused of trying to manipulate sentiment one too many times.

How come those analyzing charts never analyse the volume?

many indicators work volume into account. further, when i post here my analyses are intentionally incomplete, mostly for brevity. my actual analyses consist of far more indicators as well as real-world events. i usually only post when i notice a clear, communicable prediction demonstrated by a number of related indicators (see my last thread regarding oscillators).

Bigpiggy01

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2012, 05:06:20 PM

I'd go as far as to tentatively say up atm  Grin

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄

▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
Dan The Man

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 06:52:46 PM

Looking at all data on a log scale, today is very similar to one year ago today. There was a very sudden spike (up to $1 vs up to $32), then a slow, decline but not all the way to prespike levels. Then a second slower resurgence that kind of peetered out. Then a relatively flat stretch until a big surge which brings us back to the first spike.
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 11:56:25 PM

Looking at all data on a log scale, today is very similar to one year ago today. There was a very sudden spike (up to $1 vs up to $32), then a slow, decline but not all the way to prespike levels. Then a second slower resurgence that kind of peetered out. Then a relatively flat stretch until a big surge which brings us back to the first spike.

Hi Dan; I haven't seen your name around here in a while, but then I've been on a break from this board myself.

Can you provide a chart or otherwise pretty graphic of the comparison you described above?  Maybe put some arrows on it and stuff.  I don't have anything to donate so if you don't want to or don't have time, I understand.  I kind of just want it more for the newbs than anything.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
blablahblah

Activity: 775

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 12:07:58 AM

rallies are being suppressed by "manipulators".
The FED's way of saying "welcome to the threat-to-the-US-dollar currency club!" ? Cheesy
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 05:03:40 AM

rallies are being suppressed by "manipulators".
The FED's way of saying "welcome to the threat-to-the-US-dollar currency club!" ? Cheesy

Eat these crypto-bullets, you vampires!

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Dan The Man

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 04:29:15 PM

Hi Dan; I haven't seen your name around here in a while, but then I've been on a break from this board myself.

Can you provide a chart or otherwise pretty graphic of the comparison you described above?  Maybe put some arrows on it and stuff.  I don't have anything to donate so if you don't want to or don't have time, I understand.  I kind of just want it more for the newbs than anything.

blablahblah

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 04:49:47 PM

Well I would say history is about to repeat itself and that Bitcoin's about to go to $100 Cheesy (at the arbitrary value of 1BTC = 100 million Satoshis -- how did the developers know where to put the decimal point?)...
but I still can't order pizza online for Bitcoin, so the rally is cancelled. Angry
waspoza

Activity: 602
Merit: 508

Firstbits: 1waspoza

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 05:07:16 PM

but I still can't order pizza online for Bitcoin, so the rally is cancelled. Angry

You cannot also order pizza for gold, which does not prevent the gold from keeping good value.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 05:10:00 PM

Well I would say history is about to repeat itself and that Bitcoin's about to go to $100 Cheesy (at the arbitrary value of 1BTC = 100 million Satoshis -- how did the developers know where to put the decimal point?)...

The decimal point was arbitrary and fairly irrelevant to the functioning of the system.  If 1 Satoshi becomes too valuable, we can upgrade to x > 8 significant digits after the decimal.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
notme
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 06:27:24 PM

You cannot also order pizza for gold, which does not prevent the gold from keeping good value.
but u can use gold to eat pizza  Tongue

I can order a pizza online for Bitcoin, and I have:
http://coincard.ndrix.com/

blablahblah

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 06:45:25 PM

I can order a pizza online for Bitcoin, and I have:
http://coincard.ndrix.com/
No kidding! I humbly stand corrected! Damn. Based on this new-found revelation, I'll have to re-evaluate my sophisticated astrological forecasts. The Moon, and planets and stuff say: Rally! Cheesy
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 07:10:44 PM

If nstink says it, you girls better start doin' it!  Grin

Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 08:36:23 PM

Thats what Del Amitri says:

SlaveInDebt

Activity: 699

Your Minion

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 08:40:11 PM

The lies in this thread  Angry

"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain." - Mark Twain
silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 08:44:10 PM

Dutch Merganser

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 09:39:19 PM

zzzzzzz....

"Science flies you to the Moon, religion flies you into buildings."
 - Victor Stenger

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and the rulers as useful."
 - Seneca the Elder (ca. 54 BCE - ca. 39 CE) Roman rhetorician
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 09:46:59 PM

Looks like the price is breaking down.  Brace for impact...

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
notme
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 10:05:27 PM

Looks like the price is breaking down.  Brace for impact...

That's a lot of buying volume for a break down...

Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 10:26:18 PM

zzzzzzZZZZzzzzz..
notme
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 03:39:44 AM

zzzzzzZZZZzzzzz..

All hands on deck!

arepo (OP)

this statement is false

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 03:41:49 AM

so is this the day when you guys finally start listening to arepo when he makes predictions about the market?

if there are any bears left, i strongly advise you to abandon ship before the waves go HIGHER

notme
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 03:42:49 AM

so is this the day when you guys finally start listening to arepo when he makes predictions about the market?

if there are any bears left, i strongly advise you to abandon ship before the waves go HIGHER

No... anyone who was blindsided by that needs to learn to trade.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2012, 03:46:50 AM

Hold on to your shorts!

notme
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 03:59:03 AM

Hold on to your shorts!

lol

Dutch Merganser

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 04:00:08 AM

I love it when it takes just a little taunting to get them to take the bait  Grin

Now we return you to the yammering cheerleading already in progress.

"Science flies you to the Moon, religion flies you into buildings."
 - Victor Stenger

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and the rulers as useful."
 - Seneca the Elder (ca. 54 BCE - ca. 39 CE) Roman rhetorician
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 04:30:17 AM

G'night folks.  See you back under $5 when I wake up.  Ammiright?

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
phorensic

Activity: 630

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 05:18:44 AM

G'night folks.  See you back under $5 when I wake up.  Ammiright?
+1
blablahblah

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 07:27:52 AM

What kind of Voodoo is this? Shocked
phorensic

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 04:04:38 PM

I know.  It's staying above $5 for longer than it usually does.  Although it *is* doing a sort of "double-top".  I don't know if double-top is an accepted charting term, but imagine the opposite of when everyone says double-bottom.

teflone

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 04:09:04 PM

I know.  It's staying above $5 for longer than it usually does.  Although it *is* doing a sort of "double-top".  I don't know if double-top is an accepted charting term, but imagine the opposite of when everyone says double-bottom.

http://www.financial-spread-betting.com/course/triangles-charting.html

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 04:16:01 PM

http://www.financial-spread-betting.com/course/triangles-charting.html

Care to explain to non-trianglelingulars? Or a hint maybe? Much appreciated.
teflone

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 04:21:11 PM

in my mediocre interpretation, this is a bull triangle forming, once it plays out, it should go up..

disclaimer201
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 04:22:22 PM

in my mediocre interpretation, this is a bull triangle forming, once it plays out, it should go up..

Thank you man!
teflone

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 04:23:03 PM

No promises! Cheesy

proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 05:48:33 PM

No promises! Cheesy

That's important because there have been quite a few of these mystical "bull" triangles in the past months.

Crypt_Current

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 07:55:18 PM

Still above $5.  Above 5.1 even.   Tongue

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 02:16:29 AM

I'm surprised, I'll give you that.  I still don't think there's enough interested and serious money to push through the 2012 high.

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 03:32:23 AM

I'm surprised, I'll give you that.  I still don't think there's enough interested and serious money to push through the 2012 high.

That may be the case. But, damn there is a lot of money in bids right now. More so than I've seen in a while.

proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 03:54:40 AM

That may be the case. But, damn there is a lot of money in bids right now. More so than I've seen in a while.

I don't think even twice that amount would be enough to push through (I mean realistically, not in a single unlikely buy).

phorensic

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 05:41:42 AM

Well I was totally wrong about my "double-top".  I still think we will return below $5 like we keep doing over and over.  Good thing I hedge now, my Bitcoinica short is starting to look nasty  Shocked
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 06:21:26 AM

... Bitcoinica short...

Ouch!

We just might see $6 before we're done with this rise. G/L

arepo (OP)

this statement is false

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 06:12:54 PM

your arrogance is unbecoming of a trader.

notme
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 06:23:13 PM

Ok... if you missed it you need to zoom out and quit looking at only the 5 day chart.  Is that better?

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2012, 06:45:30 PM

its looking rather bearish right now  Undecided

bb113

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 06:50:56 PM

No promises! Cheesy

That's important because there have been quite a few of these mystical "bull" triangles in the past months.

Haha, I'm still waiting for my "bermuda" triangle.

bitcoinBull
Legendary

rippleFanatic

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 07:44:33 PM

I'm more comfortable with a relatively slow and steady rise. Maybe the market has learned not to like strong breakouts since they tend to be followed by sharp corrections. For the time being, anyway...

proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 07:49:38 PM

I agree.  I think we're going to break back into the $4s in the next week or so and stay there for a while again.

silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 08:19:25 PM

No back breaking allowed!!  You big bully!
pent

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 09:16:08 PM

Just another triangle ahead ) Total geometry lessons...
silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 09:21:48 PM

My dad has a bigger triangle then your dad  Grin
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2012, 10:27:20 PM

5.10 wall under attack

teflone

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 10:28:50 PM

Fortify!!!!

proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 10:41:17 PM

And back down we go... Roll Eyes

pirateat40
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2012, 10:45:26 PM

You guys are funny...

disclaimer201
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 10:47:26 PM

Some people must have no lives other than watching threads and price movements.

Now to something completely different:

Will the 5.10 wall hold?Huh
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 10:53:51 PM

Probably not.  Even if the price is going to go up in the next weeks, it's probably going to go down first.  Protip:  The price probably isn't going to go up in the next weeks.  From what I can gather most of the analysts are on the bullish side of things right now which has pretty consistently meant that a sell-off is on its way.

Full disclosure:  I couldn't help myself and despite sincerely wanting to take a break from trading, I went ahead and took advantage of liquidity above $5 and sold.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2012, 10:58:04 PM

its holding!

teflone

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 11:00:08 PM

Probably not.  Even if the price is going to go up in the next weeks, it's probably going to go down first.  Protip:  The price probably isn't going to go up in the next weeks.  From what I can gather most of the analysts are on the bullish side of things right now which has pretty consistently meant that a sell-off is on its way.

Full disclosure:  I couldn't help myself and despite sincerely wanting to take a break from trading, I went ahead and took advantage of liquidity above $5 and sold.

Ehhhhhh...  Risky move brother..

I agree its going down short term, but only down a smidge..  

I think you'll break even after paying trading fees on any gains buying lower..

pirateat40
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2012, 11:02:57 PM

I bet the market goes ********* for a quick ********* then a massive ********* which will force ********* to ********* and cause a major *********.

Anyone wanna bet?

teflone

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 11:09:35 PM

I will bet, but only if I know what the * means..

Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 11:13:01 PM

I will bet, but only if I know what the * means..

If there ever was a time to be greedy.

Tonight would be it.

After all, it's Thursday!
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 11:15:52 PM

I dont have time to post a chart but...

Im expecting at least 40,000 Bitcoins bought in the next few hours.  Ill be buying some of them myself when we push against the $5.20 wall again.

Rally Time  Cool

Edit: How many rally threads can we fit on the front page?
disclaimer201
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 11:19:34 PM

I've just sold a few BTC on Bitcoinica so I will have some USD there. I don't really understand much about trading, so I won't touch the short options or any of that Casino stuff, but I'm thinking I might get some more interest on my USD than I do for BTC there. Plus, there is this cool new way of transferring money for like 9$ to your credit card. Anyway, if it's an obvious time to go short because of obvious movements, it'd be nice if you could tell what buttons to press. Oh, I just said I should better not touch Bitcoinica for anything else but interest and (less than ideal) exchange options. Cheers!

I don't think it will go further up this week. But we will see...
Crypt_Current

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 11:28:56 PM

I've just sold a few BTC on Bitcoinica so I will have some USD there. I don't really understand much about trading, so I won't touch the short options or any of that Casino stuff, but I'm thinking I might get some more interest on my USD than I do for BTC there. Plus, there is this cool new way of transferring money for like 9$ to your credit card. Anyway, if it's an obvious time to go short because of obvious movements, it'd be nice if you could tell what buttons to press. Oh, I just said I should better not touch Bitcoinica for anything else but interest and (less than ideal) exchange options. Cheers!

Press the "SELL" button... repeatedly!   Grin

disclaimer201
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 11:44:08 PM

Press the "SELL" button... repeatedly!   Grin

Done! We should be down to 5.0 in no time!  Tongue
ineededausername

Activity: 784

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 11:44:53 PM

Anyone remember what happened to the massive $5 wall?

It slowly got eaten and eventually went down Smiley

(BFL)^2 < 0
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2012, 11:45:15 PM

I bet the market goes ********* for a quick ********* then a massive ********* which will force ********* to ********* and cause a major *********.

Anyone wanna bet?

I bet the market goes *Down* for a quick *Drop* then a massive *Buy* which will force *Shorts* to *Liquidate* and cause a major *Orgy*.

Cheesy

SkRRJyTC
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 01:10:26 AM

Im expecting at least 40,000 Bitcoins bought in the next few hours.  Ill be buying some of them myself when we push against the $5.20 wall again.

Rally Time  Cool

Here comes the boom! $5.17 now
arepo (OP)

this statement is false

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 03:51:54 AM

Ok... if you missed it you need to zoom out and quit looking at only the 5 day chart.  Is that better?

i didn't miss anything. i'm the OP. the charts i posted are 3-month scale. anything else? just because you didn't miss it doesn't make you better than anyone else, it just makes you more money. all i meant is that your comment made you out as a prick.

notme
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 04:04:32 AM

i didn't miss anything. i'm the OP. the charts i posted are 3-month scale. anything else? just because you didn't miss it doesn't make you better than anyone else, it just makes you more money. all i meant is that your comment made you out as a prick.

Well, it was in response to this post of yours where you brag about your "predictions":

so I guess neither of us are saints.

arepo (OP)

this statement is false

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 05:27:38 AM

i didn't insult others' intelligences. i teased about how in the past people have mocked my own for the predictions i've made. don't put me in the same boat.

notme
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 05:53:06 AM

i didn't insult others' intelligences. i teased about how in the past people have mocked my own for the predictions i've made. don't put me in the same boat.

I didn't put you in the same boat, just pointed out that neither of us walk on water... but meh, I'll just tell you what you want to hear so you'll shut up and the thread can move on.

You're better than me.

arepo (OP)

this statement is false

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 05:59:50 AM

I didn't put you in the same boat, just pointed out that neither of us walk on water... but meh, I'll just tell you what you want to hear so you'll shut up and the thread can move on.

You're better than me.

this isn't about who's better at all Undecided

but i agree the thread ought to move on.

arepo (OP)

this statement is false

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 08:01:27 AM

back on track with a reference to the OP:

-- ADX is around a 3-month low

-- Bollinger Width at a 3-month low

and some charts:

as is apparent and was predicted by the OP, we now see inflections in both of the aforementioned indicators. due to the insanely stable price these past few months, we should expect, statistically, large price movement hereafter, and the recent bullish movement suggests that the previously trendless market has chosen a direction.

new prediction: resistance at $5.20 will be broken within a week (7 days from today). i provided targets in the "Rally!!!!" thread.

again, for anyone interested in a subscription-type service, i'd be happy to provide if there is interest and am willing to beat the prices of the three that are already running.

proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 05:40:18 PM

Looks like somebody is going short on bitcoinica right now.

apetersson

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 07:14:53 PM

really? id say this is a very bad moment to go short. the 22k coins from 5.2 are gone now. i expect a short squeeze/rally
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 07:15:14 PM

Rally Time  Cool

Sorry I was a day late guys.  My bad

Cool
bitcoinBull
Legendary

rippleFanatic

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 09:10:45 PM

Rally Time  Cool

Cool

I'm counting roughly 30k. Suspiciously good call. (/adds SkRRJyTC to suspect list)

disclaimer201
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 11:12:07 PM

Rally Time  Cool

Cool

I'm counting roughly 30k. Suspiciously good call. (/adds SkRRJyTC to suspect list)

wtfwtfwtf I go to a party and when I come back the price 5.30 with a high 4.45 or so? WTF!!!
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2012, 11:16:31 PM

Rally Time  Cool

Cool

wtfwtfwtf I go to a party and when I come back the price 5.30 with a high 4.45 or so? WTF!!!

dont worry sell more coins its going right back down

disclaimer201
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 11:20:24 PM

Rally Time  Cool

Cool

Ha, this time I'm a bit more careful. Not like that guy who sold out all his coins at $5.11. It's only for you guys to pick up... What am I gonna sell when it's up to $32???! Hmmm. Open bitcoinica....look at balance....contemplate and open another beer.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2012, 11:31:12 PM

Rally Time  Cool

Cool

Ha, this time I'm a bit more careful. Not like that guy who sold out all his coins at $5.11. It's only for you guys to pick up... What am I gonna sell when it's up to $32???! Hmmm. Open bitcoinica....look at balance....contemplate and open another beer.

ya, we are over due for a drop... better go 10 to 1 I'm pretty sure this is as high is its going to get

disclaimer201
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2012, 12:07:15 AM

Shorting is risky, even now. I thought it would go down again at 5.15. So you think this rally is only because of the 20th of April effect? How could people know it would go up further after it looked like <5.10 again last night? They couldn't. They would have sold already. Also, the weekend effect didn't seem to stop the demand this time. So...we will see. I'm holding.
bitcoinBull
Legendary

rippleFanatic

View Profile
April 21, 2012, 01:51:36 AM

new prediction: resistance at $5.20 will be broken within a week (7 days from today). i provided targets in the "Rally!!!!" thread.

$5.2 was broken quicker than expected. And judging from the relatively few asks at $5.5 (~8k BTC at time of this posting), it may not be long before Mr. M pushes it over $5.5 too.

waveaddict

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 21, 2012, 04:05:25 AM

Shorting is risky, even now. I thought it would go down again at 5.15. So you think this rally is only because of the 20th of April effect? How could people know it would go up further after it looked like <5.10 again last night? They couldn't. They would have sold already. Also, the weekend effect didn't seem to stop the demand this time. So...we will see. I'm holding.

a breakout was the most likely outcome from a technical analyst's point of view, so you really can't say that people did not expect it to go up. The April 20 effect had nothing to do with today's action; it was all in the charts if you know how to read them  Wink

S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100

View Profile
April 21, 2012, 08:50:01 AM

$5.2 was broken quicker than expected. And judging from the relatively few asks at $5.5 (~8k BTC at time of this posting), it may not be long before Mr. M pushes it over $5.5 too.

BitcoinBull,
it was very expected that prices break 5.2 $ fast, which is what we shared in our newsletter Thursday night to subscribers.

Hawkix

Activity: 531
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2012, 09:01:27 AM

I guess the break out through $5.20 up was due to the first leaked news about Bitcoinica becoming registered finance service.

Donations: 1Hawkix7GHym6SM98ii5vSHHShA3FUgpV6
http://btcportal.net/ - All about Bitcoin - coming soon!
bitcoinBull
Legendary

rippleFanatic

View Profile
April 21, 2012, 09:37:18 PM

BitcoinBull,
it was very expected that prices break 5.2 $ fast, which is what we shared in our newsletter Thursday night to subscribers.

I suppose you were right. A quick break of $5.2 was to be expected after breaking $5.1. Now I'm wondering, how long can it be expected to hang below $5.5 before either making the big upward break or reverting to the more comfortable channel ($4.5-$5)?

Since we're tooting our horns, on April 11 I highlighted the upward trend starting at $4.3. Based on that trend, I'm guessing price will rest comfortably above $5, and form an ascending triangle toward $5.5 over the next 7-10 days before breaking out.

proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2012, 11:46:14 PM

I guess the break out through $5.20 up was due to the first leaked news about Bitcoinica becoming registered finance service.

Link?

Edit:  Nevermind.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: