Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:55:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: major breakout imminent!  (Read 9216 times)
arepo (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 07:17:11 AM

disclaimer: this thread focuses only on non-directional observations.

two sets of observations can be made from the preceding:

on the one hand, we have seen incredibly low price movement/volatility in the past month:

-- ADX is around a 3-month low

-- Bollinger Width at a 3-month low

and on the other, we have what could be interpreted as the early signs of a 'reversal' in this trend of decreasing volatility:

-- Chaikin Volatility about to cross zero-line after making a 2.5-month low

-- Mass Index dropping off from a 2.5-month high

taken together, this predicts a large price movement in the next weeks/month. hold on to your positions -- and let's hope your bets are on the right side Tongue

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 07:19:10 AM

I would suppress too.
arepo (OP)

this statement is false

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 07:35:54 AM

I would suppress too.

i'm not sure what you're getting at, but i can edit out the last line if you think i'm attempting some kind of shameless manipulation. i would urge individuals who don't already hold a position to get into one, as well, which is not 'suppression'. since i clearly do not espouse a direction, regardless of whether or not the last line is a 'trading suggestion' i don't even think i'm breaking the new draconian forum rules.

so bugger off, i'll stop posting analysis altogether if i keep getting such negative feedback, and then everybody loses Tongue

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 08:03:40 AM

I would suppress too.

i'm not sure what you're getting at, but i can edit out the last line if you think i'm attempting some kind of shameless manipulation. i would urge individuals who don't already hold a position to get into one, as well, which is not 'suppression'. since i clearly do not espouse a direction, regardless of whether or not the last line is a 'trading suggestion' i don't even think i'm breaking the new draconian forum rules.

so bugger off, i'll stop posting analysis altogether if i keep getting such negative feedback, and then everybody loses Tongue

I'm not sure it was negative feedback. Also, look at bitcoinbitcoin113s profile pic, you clearly shouldn't take anything he says too seriously.

Thanks for your analysis and also thanks for making very clear it doesn't favor any direction Wink

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 03:41:39 PM

I would suppress too.

Sorry about the misunderstanding. The blame lies completely with me for being cryptic. I am pretty much agreeing with you. I meant there has been low volatility because rallies are being suppressed by "manipulators". It is actually a pretty dumb post.
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 03:55:35 PM

I would suppress too.

Sorry about the misunderstanding. The blame lies completely with me for being cryptic. I am pretty much agreeing with you. I meant there has been low volatility because rallies are being suppressed by "manipulators". It is actually a pretty dumb post.

The suppressing of market price from going over $5 USD may be to protect someones position in Bitcoinica. However that will be short lived. Just as last year this time other factors played in keeping the "Mania" at bay. And yes it still failed.

Positions change regularly.

All things are cyclical even the Bitcoin "Economy". Therefore speculators are getting ready to predict the pendulum swing "bull" or "bear".
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2012, 04:46:41 PM

Following careful consultation of gentleman Johnnie Walker I agree  Grin

We're going to move somewhere. Atm though it's looking slightly down judging by the current volume  Angry

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 05:06:30 PM

I think the huge volume down on Feb 13-16 (300k BTC alone on one day) was the seller climax. Mr M bought most of those coins.

Sellers have been waiting to buy below $3.8 (and growing increasingly impatient), but I doubt that Mr M will be selling coins for cheaper than he paid (he is much more patient). Those who sold at the low end up buying higher - not the reverse.

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
Bigpiggy01

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2012, 05:11:56 PM

Sellers have been waiting to buy below $3.8 (and growing increasingly impatient), but I doubt that Mr M will be selling coins for cheaper than he paid (he is much more patient). Those who sold at the low end up buying higher - not the reverse.

+1 I'd really like to see that come into play. But we need a fairly serious volume build up for btc to kick into fullblown rally mode.

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄

▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 05:59:35 PM

+1 I'd really like to see that come into play. But we need a fairly serious volume build up for btc to kick into fullblown rally mode.

Right. So the question is whether there's already enough 'dry powder' to kick the volume up, or if there will be a sell-off first.

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 09:32:49 PM

How come those analyzing charts never analyse the volume?

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
GoWest

Activity: 563
Merit: 501

betwithbtc.com

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2012, 10:52:47 PM

There's an order for 16,000 BTC @ 4.96 on Bitcoinica. 

https://bitcoinica.com/pages/order_book

teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 11:39:38 PM

Looks more than that.. :O

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 11:40:21 PM

why are you even looking at the bitcoinica orderbook, everyone knows it's fake

(BFL)^2 < 0
arepo (OP)

this statement is false

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 04:43:27 AM

i, too, apologise. seems i have been accused of trying to manipulate sentiment one too many times.

How come those analyzing charts never analyse the volume?

many indicators work volume into account. further, when i post here my analyses are intentionally incomplete, mostly for brevity. my actual analyses consist of far more indicators as well as real-world events. i usually only post when i notice a clear, communicable prediction demonstrated by a number of related indicators (see my last thread regarding oscillators).

Bigpiggy01

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2012, 05:06:20 PM

I'd go as far as to tentatively say up atm  Grin

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄

▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
Dan The Man

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 06:52:46 PM

Looking at all data on a log scale, today is very similar to one year ago today. There was a very sudden spike (up to $1 vs up to $32), then a slow, decline but not all the way to prespike levels. Then a second slower resurgence that kind of peetered out. Then a relatively flat stretch until a big surge which brings us back to the first spike.
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 11:56:25 PM

Looking at all data on a log scale, today is very similar to one year ago today. There was a very sudden spike (up to $1 vs up to $32), then a slow, decline but not all the way to prespike levels. Then a second slower resurgence that kind of peetered out. Then a relatively flat stretch until a big surge which brings us back to the first spike.

Hi Dan; I haven't seen your name around here in a while, but then I've been on a break from this board myself.

Can you provide a chart or otherwise pretty graphic of the comparison you described above?  Maybe put some arrows on it and stuff.  I don't have anything to donate so if you don't want to or don't have time, I understand.  I kind of just want it more for the newbs than anything.

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
blablahblah

Activity: 775
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 12:07:58 AM

rallies are being suppressed by "manipulators".
The FED's way of saying "welcome to the threat-to-the-US-dollar currency club!" ? Cheesy
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 05:03:40 AM

rallies are being suppressed by "manipulators".
The FED's way of saying "welcome to the threat-to-the-US-dollar currency club!" ? Cheesy

Eat these crypto-bullets, you vampires!

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: