Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:12:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ONLY SUPPORT ALT COINS LAUNCHED BEFORE OF OCTOBER 1 ST 2014...............  (Read 7426 times)
bitkokos

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

0_0

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 10:13:28 PM

You are basically asking for the Crypto currency community to stop progress on development of future improvements.  This is impractical.  Not to mention that there are other means of developing coins that don't require PoW mining.  eg: NXT can easily stake on a solar powered Raspberry Pi.  
Perhaps alter your request to be more focused on the power consumption and less on the stoppage of all progress through continued development.

I'd prefer to see Facebook shut down.  Grin  That would have a much bigger impact on both energy consumption, worker productivity, and human interactions, etc.

Do you like it when school boys launch coins, people mine them, invest in them and then kids disappear with some BTC?
Well, I don't.

O_o

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I-Love-BTCD

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 10:20:12 PM

Maybe just promote the coins early adopters, like us, think are the best and the most promising atm.
This way they will get good attention leaving the silly shitters with low volume and low marketcap.

My main coin now is Karmacoin, why?
It has a very active dev, the team behind him does good work. They hire and pay people to sort out legal stuff or for instance the change to x11 which was as smooth as a baby face. They actively develop very interesting projects, like lill.com which is ansearch engined focused on paying the income it generates by ads from websites to the people who visit the website. Or the karmashares llc, which pays its proffits to the people who own karmashares ( lill.com is a project of karmashares which received a 2+ million dollar offer but it was eventually not signed by the dev because one the contract said he would also have to work a half year for the company which would leave him no time developing karma further.
So they got all of this going

What is your coin?
Promote it! Smiley
I recommend you also read about BTCD. Wink
bit1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:53:58 AM

Maybe just promote the coins early adopters, like us, think are the best and the most promising atm.
This way they will get good attention leaving the silly shitters with low volume and low marketcap.

My main coin now is Karmacoin, why?
It has a very active dev, the team behind him does good work. They hire and pay people to sort out legal stuff or for instance the change to x11 which was as smooth as a baby face. They actively develop very interesting projects, like lill.com which is ansearch engined focused on paying the income it generates by ads from websites to the people who visit the website. Or the karmashares llc, which pays its proffits to the people who own karmashares ( lill.com is a project of karmashares which received a 2+ million dollar offer but it was eventually not signed by the dev because one the contract said he would also have to work a half year for the company which would leave him no time developing karma further.
So they got all of this going

What is your coin?
Promote it! Smiley
I recommend you also read about BTCD. Wink

it is true, karmacoin is a good project,good community,BTCD is a project interesting with a brilliant coder, but only are a few good coins and unfortunately there is a lot of alts  where peoples lost time and money, and dont mention about ambiental impact, I dont have information about how many alts were launched until today,Some dev bailed in one day,two days, a week,a month,etc......  lost of money can be accepted until certain limit,nobody put a gun in your head to buy altcoins,but heat generated is in someplace here keep invisible hurting species of way irreversible, I think that if dont stop  launch new altcoins,then each one his value will be each  less in time, everybody think that his altcoin will reach value of BTC, but it is not so, because at first BTC raised because dont have comptetitors,now all days it is losting value, LTC for example is
decreasing its value each day,darkcoin,etc and it are wasn´t scamcoin. So it is a good opportunity for change things, we dont need a kind of progress to buy and sell things for only vanity,feeling power, so nobody can say us  do yo want stop progress? come on guys it is not progress on anyway.
  So somebody give a good reason to continue launching new altcoincoins,a better code?  Cheesy  scrypts,sha-256,scrypt jane,x11,x13,x14,x15,fresh,
and there is long list so, so nobody say nothing, tomorrow will be launched Karmadark,Minerals Dark,  x64,65,66 algos, I dont see any progess here
because there isn´t limit, remember mathematics some thing are infinites like to ideas.Human race need a rest to think,fiat have centurys of years,
peoples buy and sell with it, so crypto need to test that it work, but now it dont work yet, because is full of scam,peoples lost his earnings in a second, it is not good,

so I question: are new coins and  algos needed really?   we need to wait another 10 years or less to value BTC reach 0. If crypto is accepted in all word, think in billions of peoples with computers turn on to keep staking 5 coins for a reward of o.ooooooox.

We need statistics here to show what could occurs. For now Stop to launch new coins and new algos.There is enough to keep playing this game.
is time of fix all this caos.We need reasons to spend less time in computers,tablets,cels,but it simply dont happens, a balance is needed here.
jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:57:45 AM

You can't stop progress.....let the people decide what they will support.......you always need something for newbies too have a go at, once they get involved they soon realize that there are plenty of shit coins

and that most if not all will leave your wallet empty. Old heads will steer clear and look for new and improved tech. There is a learning cure for everybody, and nothing enforces the lesson like losing money.

It doesn't matter what attracts new players to crypto as long as it gets attention, most of the world have no idea about any of this. Besides new alts provide trading opportunities for fun and profit  Cool

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
bit1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 01:25:04 AM

You can't stop progress.....let the people decide what they will support.......you always need something for newbies too have a go at, once they get involved they soon realize that there are plenty of shit coins

and that most if not all will leave your wallet empty. Old heads will steer clear and look for new and improved tech. There is a learning cure for everybody, and nothing enforces the lesson like losing money.

It doesn't matter what attracts new players to crypto as long as it gets attention, most of the world have no idea about any of this. Besides new alts provide trading opportunities for fun and profit  Cool

Right symply I dont see any progress in clones of coins used to scam peoples, I will  give you a example, please visit SHIBEcoin , how it coin there is 200 or more,it was used today to scam like to 10 BTC for a group of pumpers, his values is 4 or 5 sat since launch today was pumped to 50 sat and less of 1/2 min drop 5 sat and after 4 sat, do you think that peoples that lost 90% of his investment in it, it is not fair, this is same shit of banks,
there is not any progress here,I only see progress in a few coins that have innovation, but there is a lot of scams coins.Make this calculation 10 coins launched for week * 52 days equal to 520 coins for year if it dont stop................

So what do you need new coins for? only for trade this a week? I'm agree about newbies need to have a go at,but there is enough coins to play.
will1982

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 01:35:41 AM

OP doesn't really make any sense.
Shit coins should fail on their own.
bit1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 01:42:26 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 01:56:24 AM by bit1

OP doesn't really make any sense.
Shit coins should fail on their own.

sense is about of overheating,heats disiped to mined it and sync wallets,trade it, invest in it, pools,sites*number of scamcoins*,etc    now you can found a sense now.

EDIT: isn´t neccesary open a lot of universites or colleges to improvement education, same is crypto.Watch happened to auroracoin,probems of NYcoin it wasnot scamcoins however failed, watch 42 coin, but hundred of another coins were scamcoins  how many more coins do you need to probe this?

I only said October 1th 2014 to do this,  community is the unique to can decide about this,if it idea is accepted date can be changed.
Only4money

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:23:07 AM

We shouldn't stop adapting new coins after a certain time cause revolution can happen anytime. Any new coin with new features can launch even after the date. What we rather need to do is to avoid all those minable coin where only Devs makes profit.

XDECOIN 100 Limited! - Be Part of Something Rare and Innovative! Free Dist. ends Nov. 21
bit1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:39:22 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 04:56:26 AM by bit1

think for example in facebook, his value is very big, but if you begin coding facebook-a,facebook-b,facebook-matrix or weathever thing soon marketcap will be divided in so many platforms how do you create its, competition is good, but with certain limits,so is industry too, airlines for example just think caos if we could to have choice beetwen 500 or more airlines, simply it dont work and dont make sense,Im agree in developments,
improvements,etc,  but it must be done about previous bases for example karmacoin changed code to x11  -->  +1, BTCD have projects interesting such as supernetwork and teleport,karma look good concept,Captcoin have innovations and very participative dev,BTC is more trust until now,Dogecoin a coin fun,and a couple of coins more are really goods, but all it things can be added or joined in some 10 or 15 and found improvements and launch it each year at least, you dont need are downloading wallets each day or week.It is a way of fix this disaster
happen same with pools, 50 percent of pools dont work, they have problem because wallets dont sync, ports are closed,dev bailed at launch,
exchanges have problems with premined coins, stuck wallets, it is a big hole of crypto, and scammers use it for his profits.If you buy a miner equipment it only help you only a month because hashrate increase day by day and rewards to middle so you need dump while coin have value, if you are lucky until 1 sat if not it is deslisted only see long list of coins deslisted.Almost forget exchanges, all days appear new exchanges, do you think that are trusted? if MT-GOX with better reputation failed,I remember cryptorush all counts were closes until today, so believe me It is a serious problem to crypto.
bit1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:09:19 AM

http://environment.about.com/od/globalwarming/tp/globalwarmtips.htm
bit1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:23:26 AM

http://worldviewofglobalwarming.org/
bit1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:04:00 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 07:25:07 PM by bit1

besides I will ask to community shutdown all kind of miners one date, so everybody help to low Global Warming, it to probe that crypto are worried about it, will be nice that nobody in world mine any coins, after it day all could back to mine normally,will be nice that anothers groups joins to this cause, for example facebook,twiter,etc............
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:14:56 PM

You forgot to call people to hodl. Really, dude, people will launch coins for quick buck, miners will mine it for a chance to instamine and dump, exchanges will still list these coins for a chance to get fees. Morons will buy coins in first minutes on exchange for 100x higher price. Life.
bit1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:20:20 PM

sammy007

It is a good oportunity for change a litltle things,but one thing is sure, each time less peoples will support new coins, idea is support only coins before of countdown.
bit1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:37:57 PM

CountDown: 27 Days to stop support new coins.     ZERO HOUR[/size]
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:42:38 PM

funny

The only alt coins that may have a chance to become a possible contender to Bitcoin would be a new alt that is actually much better than Bitcoin and uses this method for its initial coin distribution:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563925.0

In this post Peter may have singlehandedly killed off all past, current and future alts that do not use this method of initial coin distribution, including  Ethereum.  He is my new hero!

His post also has the potential of eliminating almost all of the incentive to make new alts for the "pump and dump of it" and reducing the entire alt space to serious condenders only.

If you want to know if any alt is going to succeed just ask these two questions:

1) Is it better than Bitcoin in a market defining way?

2) Does it implement the method of initial coin distribution suggested in that thread?

If the answer is yes to both questions then it has a chance of becoming something.

So, I would support a modified proposal:

Starting 1 October don't support any new coins unless they implement the above proposal and also dump and kill off all alt coins that did not implement the proposal (all old alts)

I don't think that would work. Accoridng to the aethereum thread, "The initial distribution of coins in æthereum is different.  If you are a bitcoin user, you can use your bitcoin private keys to claim a percentage of æther exactly equal to the percentage of the bitcoin market cap you controlled at the time of nucleus creation.  This claiming process is trustless and decentralized and doesn't cost you anything. "

That means that people who control extremely large amounts of Bitcoin will get extremely large amounts of aethereum without having to do anything(mine, stake), which will be very very unfair....

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
rocoro
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:50:09 PM

But... but I'm launching a coin Oct. 2  called "October 2nd coin." 

bit1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:51:27 PM

But... but I'm launching a coin Oct. 2  called "October 2nd coin." 

well, you could launch this Oct 1th
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:12:21 PM

The more altcoins the more adoption and marketing for BTC. Not bad. Good coins will grow, bad coins will leave the scene, it's not all that dramatic. They will enhance the technology. As an investor/trader you should just do more extended research before getting involved.
bit1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:20:59 PM

Actually  471 coins are listed in marketcap, I think that aproximately we have more that 1000 anothers , they are enough to learn,trade,mine,improvement,etc........  

We need more stadistics of market.

EDIT:  Exchanges have a limit of coins that they can support, and to traders is more easy choose beetween <100 that >100 markets for example............., it idea benefits exchanges too.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: