Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:37:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ONLY SUPPORT ALT COINS LAUNCHED BEFORE OF OCTOBER 1 ST 2014...............  (Read 7426 times)
bit1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 07:53:01 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2014, 06:58:11 PM by bit1

No more new altcoins please think in the planet. Think in Global Warming,stop of launch new coins. We have enough,Peoples be smart,peoples all miners,pools,forums,exchanges,foundations,traders,devs, somebody could give a date like to  October 1 st to don´t support new coins in history of crypto so if some launch a coin after this date nobody will suport this, of this way scam will be avoid too, and cryptos launched before that date,will be in a race to give better services and raising in value.    

_______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________
We reach Zero Hour!!!! October 1st 2014...............For new readers it is date to invite to everybody to support only altcoins on existence before of this date besides of BTC of course, each one could make a list of  "favourites coins"  such as was suggested in this thread for other member and peoples interested please feel free on "Sign The Pledge" such as was suggested by another member here.

_______________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________
Final List of coins to be supported for community:"Recommended & Trust Coins"  :    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=770475.msg8687333#msg8687333

*After October 1 st 2014  will be announced a day to ask to community shutdown all miners equipment for a day whole to reduce Global Warming-Pools please advice if you want join to these cause,is only a day-.

EDIT:   translations could be needed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 08:01:52 PM

funny

The only alt coins that may have a chance to become a possible contender to Bitcoin would be a new alt that is actually much better than Bitcoin and uses this method for its initial coin distribution:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563925.0

In this post Peter may have singlehandedly killed off all past, current and future alts that do not use this method of initial coin distribution, including  Ethereum.  He is my new hero!

His post also has the potential of eliminating almost all of the incentive to make new alts for the "pump and dump of it" and reducing the entire alt space to serious condenders only.

If you want to know if any alt is going to succeed just ask these two questions:

1) Is it better than Bitcoin in a market defining way?

2) Does it implement the method of initial coin distribution suggested in that thread?

If the answer is yes to both questions then it has a chance of becoming something.

So, I would support a modified proposal:

Starting 1 October don't support any new coins unless they implement the above proposal and also dump and kill off all alt coins that did not implement the proposal (all old alts)

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
bit1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 08:22:13 PM

interesting opinion,  Community must decide what is better choice .........   we need more voices here........
If someone have a better idea, please feel free of change post, somebody with better abbilities that me to comunicate.

if community is agree with a date, somebody must create a countdown..........

Really overheating is a serious thing.
cinder

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 08:27:59 PM

There will be new coin so long as people still buying them.

Better to convince investor not to buy than asking developer not to launch new coin.
bit1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 08:31:17 PM

I'm posting a link to some  important altcoin nowadays to support this, everybody could make same  
brownmon

Activity: 139

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 08:38:18 PM

I only invest in coins that have something new to offer.  That's all I've ever done.  Why was anyone else ever doing anything different?  Please explain it to me.

Apparently people were just buying any old clonecoin shit for no reason, and then crying on Twitter about how they lost money?  And then later spamming newer coins on Twitter/BCT with "We need Proof of DEV on this" and "Where is the PoD" and "PoD is almost a must these days."?  Good luck to devs defending against copyright/patent claims, or explaining to the FBI why they've been making 'money laundering machines', or explaining to employers about how they need exemption from the contract clauses that say that everything they make is property of their employer.

I've made some mistakes buying coins that don't have good plans for funding ongoing development (or attracting other devs who will work on the coin because it's an interesting project or what it represents), or that didn't seem to have experienced devs.  I plan to limit my exposure to such coins in future.

Let's not end up with a regulated market here.  Most of us can't afford lawyers and accountants, and have no serious leverage over employers.
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 08:38:24 PM

I agree that we don't need any new altcoins, but effectively it doesn't matter: There wont be any additional heat created since the hash rate for the new coins will most likely already be used for some other coin already. It's merely diluting.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
Bierworst

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 08:46:33 PM

I feel like we are getting over this problem already. Most coins on the first page of coinmarketcap have been here for atleast 4 months. But i heat those shit coins with shit names that have done nothing. Coins with a 18 yo dev that was playing around with some coding.
The first coin i invested in was bitcoin, the second was mastercoin and quarkcoin. Since that, i only invest in coins with an ACTIVE dev that has already PROVEN that he can donstuff and that he can create and implement new ideas.
Call it, proof of original executed ideas by devs leading un pre-mined coins.

bit1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 08:51:23 PM

I agree that we don't need any new altcoins, but effectively it doesn't matter: There wont be any additional heat created since the hash rate for the new coins will most likely already be used for some other coin already. It's merely diluting.

it is correct we don´t need new altcoins but about second part it could be discussed because yet for example are launched  scrypt,sha-256 with high consume of energy maybe somebody could make some calculations about Consumed Energy number peoples mining * number altcoins*  time prom+ wallets sync time+++++++ is could be a lot of MKwatts.
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 08:52:36 PM

cant stop people making alts, they already showing themselves to be worthless long term
bit1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:02:03 PM

I feel like we are getting over this problem already. Most coins on the first page of coinmarketcap have been here for atleast 4 months. But i heat those shit coins with shit names that have done nothing. Coins with a 18 yo dev that was playing around with some coding.
The first coin i invested in was bitcoin, the second was mastercoin and quarkcoin. Since that, i only invest in coins with an ACTIVE dev that has already PROVEN that he can donstuff and that he can create and implement new ideas.
Call it, proof of original executed ideas by devs leading un pre-mined coins.

Very true, it is killing to altcoins too, prices drop each day, so many altcoins, it must stop, there is enough to play game,forums must help deleting
fail coins with agree community,exchanges dont accept new altcoins after 1 October 2014, miners dont must supports a new altcoin, etc........
now it is a caos, exchanges closed, coins are listed a week only, devs bailed, etc,etc..... Someone make a new list with altcoins survived until today and keep mining it until finished or re-change codes to  less time of mining, change all a POS, and make better services........
Bierworst

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:08:01 PM

Maybe just promote the coins early adopters, like us, think are the best and the most promising atm.
This way they will get good attention leaving the silly shitters with low volume and low marketcap.

My main coin now is Karmacoin, why?
It has a very active dev, the team behind him does good work. They hire and pay people to sort out legal stuff or for instance the change to x11 which was as smooth as a baby face. They actively develop very interesting projects, like lill.com which is ansearch engined focused on paying the income it generates by ads from websites to the people who visit the website. Or the karmashares llc, which pays its proffits to the people who own karmashares ( lill.com is a project of karmashares which received a 2+ million dollar offer but it was eventually not signed by the dev because one the contract said he would also have to work a half year for the company which would leave him no time developing karma further.
So they got all of this going

What is your coin?
Promote it! Smiley
trader001

Activity: 166

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:08:31 PM

Just stay away from those coins.

You can not control what people will or will not do.
bit1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:14:12 PM

To be honest crypto and all electronic equipments have this disvantage, all generate heat,just think millions of computers turn on all day+Tvs,etc...........It can`t make sense to someone but just think we forget common things by technology.I only see a planet and is it Earth we dont have other, we can survive in other maybe be, but we are changing a paradise for an infernus, it make a sense now.

minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:15:36 PM

it is correct we don´t need new altcoins but about second part it could be discussed because yet for example are launched  scrypt,sha-256 with high consume of energy maybe somebody could make some calculations about Consumed Energy number peoples mining * number altcoins*  time prom+ wallets sync time+++++++ is could be a lot of MKwatts.

Yeah, but that number doesn't necessarily go up with every new altcoin that's being invented. If there's a new coin, people have to mine it, develop it, etc. Where do those people come from? The whole system will fall apart under its own weight at some point!

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:23:34 PM

Most coins won't last longer to have enough hash power to be a serious waste of energy.

Let the alts be created, sooner or later people will learn with all the scams and will stop acting dumb.
bit1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:25:44 PM

Please make annoucements in others forums to give this message, it is important.More voices are needed here, exchanges,pools,miners,everybody,some students of sciences of the earth,mathematics,physics,give you point of view please.
bitkokos

Activity: 490

0_0

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:47:56 PM

I strongly agree but, I would propose a voting system.
I am not saying stop making new coins but devs should announce their coins and only if the community decides through voting they will be launched.
e.g. if they get more than 500 or 1000 positive votes.

This way all sh!t coins will not be launched.

It would also be nice if there was another voting system to terminate existing sh!t coins or coins with too low trading volume.

O_o
apex944

Activity: 149

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:51:42 PM

You are basically asking for the Crypto currency community to stop progress on development of future improvements.  This is impractical.  Not to mention that there are other means of developing coins that don't require PoW mining.  eg: NXT can easily stake on a solar powered Raspberry Pi. 
Perhaps alter your request to be more focused on the power consumption and less on the stoppage of all progress through continued development.

I'd prefer to see Facebook shut down.  Grin  That would have a much bigger impact on both energy consumption, worker productivity, and human interactions, etc.

georgehosterguy

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 10:11:54 PM

no more new altcoins please think in the planet, think in overheating.Stop of launch new coins, we have enough,Peoples be smart,peoples all miners,pools,forums,interchanges,foundations,traders,devs, somebody could give a date like to 1 October to dont support new coins in history of crypto so if some launch a coin after this date nobody will suport this, of this way scam will be avoid too, and cryptos launched before that date,will be in a race to give better services and raising in value.    

EDIT:   translations could be needed.

Good luck there bub.  you and spotniek need 2 team up  Kiss

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: