Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:57:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAM Preston Byrne cooperating with Joshua Zeidner?  (Read 2427 times)
AuroraBright (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:34:55 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 01:13:57 AM by AuroraBright

Unintentionally Ive witnessed one of the largest scammer cooperations in cryptocurrency I have come across in my career. Seems like London UK lawyer Preston Byrne is cooperating with convicted thief and money launderer Joshua Zeidner (Arizona US)
  In a recent Bitcoin event I had a former friend and colleague who is well known in the Bitcoin Foundation (and who's sincere and understandable wish it is to remain anonymous) come up to me telling me about their Ponzi scheme. This is the very first time I came across this and I've been outright shocked the minute I heard about it.
  Got more details on this anyone?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:40:07 AM

Unintentionally Ive witnessed one of the largest scammer cooperations in cryptocurrency I have come across in my career. Seems like London UK lawyer Preston Byrne is cooperating with convicted thief and money launderer Joshua Zeidner (Arizona US)
  In a recent Bitcoin event I had a former friend and colleague who is well known in the Bitcoin Foundation (and who's sincere and understandable wish it is to remain anonymous) come up to me telling me about their Ponzi scheme. This is the very first time I came across this and I've been outright shocked the minute I heard about it.

No. You?
You 'witnessed' or were told?
'seems like' or is?
Please tell us a lot more..

http://trilema.com/2014/in-which-we-teach-basic-reading-comprehension-to-a-certain-mr-preston-byrne/

prestonjbyrne

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:50:27 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2014, 12:58:18 AM by prestonjbyrne

I never post on Bitcointalk but in this one instance I am willing to make an exception.

This accusation is a malicious falsehood. There is no truth to it whatsoever.

My only connection to Joshua Zeidner is that he and I exchanged a number of public messages on Twitter over the past ten days in relation to criticism of the BitShares protocol for being a highly suspect investment scheme, following a series of articles (see BitShares: don't walk away - run and BitShares: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence ) I wrote on the subject. We have had no other interaction of any kind.

Note that the telling we see now differs in virtually every respect from what OP originally wrote; the OP did a good job of showing the only story here is his own pseudonymous malice thereby. He initially alleged I'd:

been using his wealthy employer to systematically pump and hype cryptocurrency ponzi schemes on a massive scale (we're talking 1/4 of entire Bitcoin volume on some days, yes you read that right) ultimately laundering the acquired funds in swiss private banks.

This is absurd. Nobody has that kind of trading firepower. I have no holdings in crypto apart from a small amount of DOGE, and work full-time as a lawyer to support myself.

It's a pity that OP, or frankly anyone, feels the need to hide behind a sockpuppet account to harass and defame those who choose to discuss these issues, in public and under their real names, with a view to informing and protecting the public from parting with their bitcoins on account of irresponsible and economically nonsensical schemes such as BitShares (which is by no means the only one of its kind in the cryptocurrency space).

Ultimately I suspect government bodies like the SEC will get it together and finally put a stop to deeply flawed schemes such as BitSharesX. I look forward to the day. I'm not quite sure what they're waiting for.

OP, you're everything that's wrong with cryptocurrency.
AuroraBright (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:15:58 AM

You're everything that's wrong with cryptocurrency.

Dear Joshua Zeidner, you could have used your main account bluemeanie to post this excuse shit
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:44:26 PM

What is your proof of this?

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
TymeSquare

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:18:13 PM

Hello, I came here because I googled Preston Byrne and got this result in the top 10:
Preston Byrne Cryptocurrency Ponzi Scheme Scammer, UK

Sir, could you post the proof to your claims? I happen to be a potential customer of Norton Rose Fulbright and to discover this while checking Mr. Byrne's background got me somewhat scared if I may say so.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: