Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 08:50:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin, altcoin, litcoin, dogecoin  (Read 8936 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:22:16 AM

Bitcoin=gold
Litecoin=silver
dogecoin=bronze

I know that is a horribly simple example but it holds pretty true as far as comparing. (yes it does leave out a lot but simplest way to explain)
Buziss

Activity: 896

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:06:09 PM

What's altcoin, litcoin and dogecoin got to do?

This is a good question indeed.

What have litecoin brought us? It was created for GPU-resistent and now we have scrypt ASIC already.
What have dogecoin brought us? It just tells us how important the coin community is towards the coin popularity.

What about the other hundreds of altcoin?

landonbridge

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:40:05 PM

The only thing important for me is that bitcoin is ok and kicking. I dont even care about altcoins
kingcoin111

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:42:05 PM

The only thing important for me is that bitcoin is ok and kicking. I dont even care about altcoins

Is there a like button here?
marney111

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:43:06 PM

But its still good to know that we have option and bitcoin has other clients to impress.
liteboozer

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:45:48 PM

What have litecoin brought us? It was created for GPU-resistent and now we have scrypt ASIC already.
What have dogecoin brought us? It just tells us how important the coin community is towards the coin popularity.

How long are you studying this things? How long am I going to need to understand all this?

Buziss

Activity: 896

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:59:56 PM

How long are you studying this things? How long am I going to need to understand all this?

I joined in the bitcoin world last November, and so it is like 10 months.

Unless you are planning to invest in an altcoin, there is absolutely no need for you to know what those altcoins are lol.

FlyForFun

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:19:42 PM

I joined in the bitcoin world last November, and so it is like 10 months.

Unless you are planning to invest in an altcoin, there is absolutely no need for you to know what those altcoins are lol.

Actually, its good to know those altcoin, it does have a slight impact on bitcoin..

grantenierman

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 07:01:55 PM

What's the difference between those coins? Does it have the same prices? Though I only hear about bitcoin a lot. What's altcoin, litcoin and dogecoin got to do?

litecoin and dogecoin is an altcoin altcoin is pretty much anything but bitcoin because bitcoin is the first.

So all of these altcoins then are called, cryptocoin right? Or am i wrong?
[/quote

all coins are cryptocoins
taylorgamete

Activity: 35

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 04:31:10 AM

I think all coins are called cryptocoins. altcoin are those coins that came after bitcoin was made.
tanaka

Activity: 87

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 04:33:11 AM

I think all coins are called cryptocoins. altcoin are those coins that came after bitcoin was made.

that is right. Smiley

Bit N Roll

Activity: 67

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 04:36:18 AM

About all this, what is the best coin next to bitcoin?? Heard a lot of good reviews about doge and stellar.. Will they overtake bitcoin's success?
King Agamemnon

Activity: 109

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:02:15 AM

About all this, what is the best coin next to bitcoin?? Heard a lot of good reviews about doge and stellar.. Will they overtake bitcoin's success?

You can check it in the wikipedia. I thinks it lite or doge.

turncoat_ewok

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 11:15:43 AM

There are a lot of differences between BTC and LTC.
                                   BITCOIN                                      LITECOIN
Coin limit                      21 Million                                      84 Million
Algorithm                      SHA-256                                   Scrypt
Mean block time     10 minutes                                 2.5 minutes
Difficulty retarget     2016 block                                 2016 blocks
Block reward details     Halved every 210,000 blocks.         Halved every 840,000 blocks
Initial reward             50 BTC                                         50 LTC
Current block reward  25 BTC                                         50 LTC
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 12:31:33 PM

Stellar is only a viral currency copied from Ripple, it won't replace bitcoin for sure.
Same for doge, it has a strong and nice community but the coin isn't innovative in itself.
silvestar
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:55:53 PM

From the perceptive of market cap and merchant acceptance, I think next best coin is litecoin.

Possible but very unlikely IMO.
altcoinlady

Activity: 93

Imagine Me and You

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 03:17:19 AM

Coin limit                      21 Million                                      84 Million
Block reward details     Halved every 210,000 blocks.         Halved every 840,000 blocks
Initial reward             50 BTC                                         50 LTC

Why is it that lite has bigger limit compared to bitcoin?

SW725

Activity: 81

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 01:44:10 PM

altcoin sucks. that is the truth. If you want to venture in this hobby, choose bitcoin alone. Backed up with everything.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 03:19:25 PM

It is their choice, how much they want to produce. Satoshi chose 21 million. I think it is enough. Circulating existing coins are much better than making new ones and if I am right, after 21 millions are used, the price will eventually rise.

~~MZ~~

Champ92

Activity: 112

☯YIN YANG KING☯

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 06:40:26 AM

It is their choice, how much they want to produce. Satoshi chose 21 million. I think it is enough. Circulating existing coins are much better than making new ones and if I am right, after 21 millions are used, the price will eventually rise.

~~MZ~~

So that means Litecoin producers chose to have 84 million as their limit? That means, they have bigger budget compared to btc?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: