Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:44:51 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Cancelled] AntMiner L1 for sales $5/MH/s ships in December  (Read 30098 times)
BITMAIN (OP)

Activity: 741
Merit: 514

https://www.bitmain.com

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 02:55:05 PM

Looks like they are shipping all in stock to hashnest their new cloud mining operation.

No more in stock for us. Bitmain you guys did a great job for most of us at one time and I for one am really happy with my mining units (still waiting on B8), but now we are just the little guys and our money is used to fund your bank account so you can ship in stock out and build our units when you feel the need to do so. You remember us don't you?

Profit before your customer base, I would not count on too many per-orders if I were you. At least from this forum.  Cool

But what the heck a newbie is born everyday.  Grin Grin Grin

Hi rhj12345,
The miners runing in Umisoo are all AntMiner S2 units, which were closed sales several months ago.
Now S3+ and L1 are open sales, in theory, our online miners' sales are not related to these S2s subscribed in hashnest.com.

BTW, S3+ is more likely to be shipped earlier than Sept 20th, we will do our best to do fast shipping as usual.

Cloud Mining? Just Go to Hashnest.com          Best Liquidity   Lowest Price   100% Real Mining Back Up
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:56:04 PM

Watching this topic.  December seems pretty far out for a preorder now a days.  No offense Bitmain, but between this pretty far out pre order and the pricing on hashnest that will not achieve positive ROI, I am starting to shy away from Bitmain offerings.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
Serby

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:00:13 PM

I was wondering if pre-orders will still be in place in December. Then, L1 would not have to be pre ordered?
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8982

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 03:00:40 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 04:30:09 PM by suchmoon

Just some quick profitability math: this might be a good deal if you believe LTC difficulty will rise ~2% or less for the next ~6 months, or 2.5% or less for the next ~8 months. This is at 0.15 USD per kWh. YMMV.

Edit: kWh.
JessicaSe
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:05:56 PM

Just some quick profitability math: this might be a good deal if you believe LTC difficulty will rise ~2% or less for the next ~6 months, or 2.5% or less for the next ~8 months. This is at 0.15 USD per kW/h. YMMV.

Aw really? the difficulty going to go up like 100% for 8 month..
Serby

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:09:26 PM

Had it not been for this pre order thing, I would have bought four of these, too bad...
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:09:44 PM

Hmm, Bitmain, are you offering any type of guarantee about specs or market conditions on this product?  You have always priced and done calculations to ensure customer positive ROI, so I am sure that you have done that for these as well, but what if there was something missed or the specs aren't hit quite right?  Are you able to guarantee the hashrate with extra units if the 120 MH target is missed or power specs are off?  Or perhaps guarantee some sort of price per MH/s depending on final specs?  Or perhaps base it off of market conditions at shipping time?

Basically I am looking for some guarantee that I will get what I am paying for and will not be left with a preorder for an underperforming device, again not saying you cant hit the advertised specs, but things happen.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
JessicaSe
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:12:41 PM

Had it not been for this pre order thing, I would have bought four of these, too bad...

If this isn't pre-order, it would be sold out by now..
jpchrist

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

16Q3R8NAfK63DvkTUGgLdPScyMU8uSAJUH

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:13:04 PM

The current price of 1.253 BTC per L1 unit is an insane price!  Things to consider:

(1) The unit is priced in USD (not bitcoin) so if you buy you are effectively selling you bitcoin at a 3 month low (face palm)
(2) The scyptcoin market is on its last breath and even the most optimistic projects show the L1 MIGHT (if difficulty increase is less than 2%) make a small profit.  There just isnt enough upside to risk that amount of bitcoin.
(3) A 3 month preorder is insane.  3 months is this game is an eternity, especially considering how much the scrypt market has gone down. Just three months ago LTC was over $11 today its <$5.

Summary: Even assuming best case scienaro (on time shipping, low diff rise, LTC prices dont continue to fall) this unit will not be profitable.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 03:14:59 PM

Just some quick profitability math: this might be a good deal if you believe LTC difficulty will rise ~2% or less for the next ~6 months, or 2.5% or less for the next ~8 months. This is at 0.15 USD per kW/h. YMMV.

Aw really? the difficulty going to go up like 100% for 8 month..

2% or 2.5% is at every adjustment, not the total in 6 or 8 months.
jpchrist

Activity: 174

16Q3R8NAfK63DvkTUGgLdPScyMU8uSAJUH

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:19:41 PM

My technical analysis of the Antminer L1

Serby

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:22:34 PM

If this isn't pre-order, it would be sold out by now..

You're probably right, four months waiting is too risky though.
Serby

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:24:29 PM

My technical analysis of the Antminer L1

What do you recommend? If I may ask.
tilray

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:43:50 PM

this http://hashra.com/astro/

shipping is September 20th
omnik

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:53:57 PM

Dear Bitmain,

I really like your new product L1 and I'm considering order of 4 units for my small house farm.
Before I pull the trigger and place the order with my hard earned BTC's, I have few questions/concerns that would like to get answer for:

1. As lead time is almost 4 months which is in crypto world like 4 lightning years, what happens if your competition lowers the price on their ann products and simply offer better hash to power consumption ratio, will you offer additional discount on L1?
2. Will you reimburse existing customers for pending L1 orders if you decide to lower the price?
3. In case of shipment delays and you cannot deliver L1 within promised time frame, will you offer your customer refund option?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Kind regards
vortexz
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:59:20 PM

Dear Bitmain,

I really like your new product L1 and I'm considering order of 4 units for my small house farm.
Before I pull the trigger and place the order with my hard earned BTC's, I have few questions/concerns that would like to get answer for:

1. As lead time is almost 4 months which is in crypto world like 4 lightning years, what happens if your competition lowers the price on their ann products and simply offer better hash to power consumption ratio, will you offer additional discount on L1?
2. Will you reimburse existing customers for pending L1 orders if you decide to lower the price?
3. In case of shipment delays and you cannot deliver L1 within promised time frame, will you offer your customer refund option?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Kind regards

don't bother... it's 3 months away.you can at most throw it into your trash when it will be delivered to you.
rhj12345

Activity: 138

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:03:58 PM

Hi rhj12345,
The miners runing in Umisoo are all AntMiner S2 units, which were closed sales several months ago.
Now S3+ and L1 are open sales, in theory, our online miners' sales are not related to these S2s subscribed in hashnest.com.

BTW, S3+ is more likely to be shipped earlier than Sept 20th, we will do our best to do fast shipping as usual.

First thanks for the response at least you seem to still care. But WE are your customer base and we deserve better from you than "Hey buy an S3 and wait" or "Buy an L1 and wait for Santa maybe you will find one under the tree".

You used to be our go-to company that we could get our units in 3 days and we loved you for that. But now? Like William Wallace would say "Were not happy to take the scraps from Longshanks table!"

We deserve better, we want in stock products delivered in 3-5 days. Anything less is just BS!!  Cool
Serby

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:09:04 PM

Thanks for the link. Problem I hold btc, and there's a no refund btc policy. I could also sell the btc. What do you think? The 300 mhz one at 2k?

But I liked the multi scrypt feature the L1 offered.

P.S China is going to mine the majority of LTC and make a reserve for herself.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 04:33:17 PM

Power Consumption: Approximately 1200W (+ or – 10%)

And don't forget the shipping cost.
Serby

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:45:48 PM

Power Consumption: Approximately 1200W (+ or – 10%)

And don't forget the shipping cost.

That's a hell of a lot more than what the L1 consumes. Additionally, I would have thought the shipping cost was included.

My guess is buy LTC directly on the exchange market, when BTC halves in 2016, it might be a good opportunity to seize on.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: