Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:39:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Cancelled] AntMiner L1 for sales $5/MH/s ships in December  (Read 30094 times)
Oscilson

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:16:40 AM

Bitmain did the honourable thing.
Scooby903

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 05:50:03 PM

Meh.  They did a somewhat honorable thing.  The honorable thing would have been to follow through with delivering a product.
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 08:22:21 PM

Just figured I'd put in my 2 cents here.

First off, I'd like to say that I am one that preordered. Although it does suck that they decided to cancel the L1, I think it's better then trying to rush an inferior product to market. I'm not saying that L1 would have been inferior, I mean to say that it probably would have been plagued with stability issues, power issues, connection issue, whatever.

A good example would be the Titan. Now I know many people are happy with their Titan purchase, and that they would defend it, but just as many people, if not more, just are fed up with trying to get them running.

From my experience with Bitmain, their products usually have minimal amount of issues in comparison with any other company. Yes the first batch S4's had issues with power, but that's an easy fix really. If bitmain wasn't able to create and support a solid chip with supporting PCB's to power them, then I believe that it was a better idea for them to cancel.

Personally I love it if they would continue R&D as I trust that given another month or 2, they could have created a superior chip. But just imagine if they would have said "We're gonna delays shipment guys, We are now just like everyone else in this business!" Instead they manned up and admitted they can't deliver, and in my opinion, the refund options they have given are fair, as they are offering more then what we paid. Not much for the timeframe of the preorder, but still more.

I believe though that in the future, should they have one, they should stick to their original claims of not being a pre-order company. It has given them a lot of business and why would you want to break the trust of your clients. Trust is everything. Also, I believe they need to be more active with the community. We hardly ever hear from them, Small updates and announcements really go a long way.

This is just my opinions, feel free to contribute in anyway you want, because I know you all will Tongue
I concurred. At least Bitmain offered full refund with 5 to 10% bonus. How many manufacturers of mining hardware have done that? IMHO Bitmain is the best manufacturer of mining hardware.

IMHO - you are either lying, inexperienced or one of MANY bitmain sockpuppet shill accounts.

and my posts regarding failing bitmain hardware are being deleted!!

such vermin
Sandhog

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:54:17 PM

Meh.  They did a somewhat honorable thing.  The honorable thing would have been to follow through with delivering a product.
I hope they do continue with L1 product but they didn't honorable thing by coming clean instead of making excuses or not responding like most others that I have experienced with pre-order. With BFL, my pre-order was delay over a year on delivery. In my experience, Bitmain is one of the best.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1718

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:58:40 AM

Yes but at least they are giving fair refunds unless the other scam miner companies out there that keep your money.

dlowings

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 07:51:12 PM

I disagree … The honorable thing would have been to not even go down the path of pre orders … The problem that pre orders create is the the problem of market speculation, speculation is something that any coin can not afford right now . The market has been severely manipulated over the past few months and a good part of that has been the result of speculation on products that were 100% vaporware at the time.

BTC donations welcome:- 1BrersvQubEKt4m2hBXDNvU1B4RiYe6J4i   -   Feel free to visit wiki.chainminer.com for free hardware listings, and mining info. -  IRC on freenode #wiki.chainminer.com
MissouriMiner

Activity: 312

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 09:33:55 PM

Discontinuation of Antminer L1

Dear loyal customers,

The decision has been taken not to continue production of the Antminer L1

In response, all customers will be able to choose one of three options:
       1) The original order value of $599 will be refunded at 105% value [$629] by bitcoin at current market rates. Customers will receive bitcoin payment.
       2) The original order value of $599 will be refunded at 110% value [$659] by bitcoin at current market rates. This will be credited against any new S3/S4/C1 order placed in the web store.
       3) The original order value of $599 will be credited at 115% value [$689] against an S5 order placed in the web store. This will be issued in the form of a 15 day coupon, each coupon valued [$344.5].

Please await an email info@bitmaintech.com for further instructions.

Though we are sorry that we do not deliver this time, it still turns out that buying L1 from BITMAIN is a very best way to earn more Litecoin.  
Data Analysis: In the beginning of L1 sales, you only need to pay 115.86LTC to buy one L1 per the LTC/USD exchange rate 5.17 in the early September. However, you will get 193.22LTC under current LTC/USD exchange rate 3.1. And then plus extra 5% value, a total amount you get is 202.88LTC per unit. Return on investment is 75%. If you choose coupon compensation, Return on investment is 91%.

Bitmain, 
Is any compensation or coupon being passed to your business partners that offered L1 pre-orders?  Such as bitmainantminer.com.  I ordered an L1 from them (which I deeply regret.)  (Please, no posts knocking this decision.  Yes, it was dumb.  I feel bad enough already.)  Bitmainantminer is not communicating well.  They are not responding to my emails.  Does Bitmain have leverage to force them to do the right thing?
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 10:26:32 PM

Bitmain, 
Is any compensation or coupon being passed to your business partners that offered L1 pre-orders?  Such as bitmainantminer.com.  I ordered an L1 from them (which I deeply regret.)  (Please, no posts knocking this decision.  Yes, it was dumb.  I feel bad enough already.)  Bitmainantminer is not communicating well.  They are not responding to my emails.  Does Bitmain have leverage to force them to do the right thing?

I'm still chasing it.

Sandhog

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 11:32:52 PM

I hope Bitmain continued with L1 R&D since I still like LTC and would like to mine both LTC and BTC. Last LTC miner that I had was GPU miners and it wasn't profitable with AISC miners. I'm hoping L1 would be like S1 was to BTC mining where I made profit even with dropping in price of BTC.
Futune

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 10:12:56 PM

I have been emailing them about refunds but got nothing as of yet, anyone got anything?
cozk

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 02:49:15 AM

Honorable thing would have been to never open preorders. Bitmain did not do that.

Then again, people seem to forget that Bitmain works for Bitmain and is no angel.
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 04:26:26 AM

I hope Bitmain continued with L1 R&D since I still like LTC and would like to mine both LTC and BTC. Last LTC miner that I had was GPU miners and it wasn't profitable with AISC miners. I'm hoping L1 would be like S1 was to BTC mining where I made profit even with dropping in price of BTC.

I had been looking forward to them as well for an alternative to the power-hungry zeus equipment for scrypt based currencies.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 8937

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 05:45:08 AM

I have been emailing them about refunds but got nothing as of yet, anyone got anything?

I got coupons but it took a few days. E-mail the "info" address, be nice.
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 05:59:52 AM

They don't deliver and you get coupones?Huh

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 8937

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 06:15:41 AM

They don't deliver and you get coupones?Huh

They offered options, full refund with extra cash, or coupons with even more extra. I chose coupons because I wanted to try the S5.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=768004.msg9885242#msg9885242
Bananana

Activity: 481

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 01:17:46 PM

Sounds like the 115% for S5 is the best, anybody getting 105% refund instead of this?

Futune

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 05:01:48 AM

I finally got the refund after complaining through multiple emails. Got 1.89372272 per L1, apparently they used higher price when they announced the refund rather than current price when they give you refund, either way they win.
Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 09:37:28 AM

I finally got the refund after complaining through multiple emails. Got 1.89372272 per L1, apparently they used higher price when they announced the refund rather than current price when they give you refund, either way they win.

However understandable, it might've been better to fixate the payment rate.
gentacomp

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 01:18:00 PM

Sounds like the 115% for S5 is the best, anybody getting 105% refund instead of this?

Coupon for "used" S4 is the best for me Cheesy
(Because its includes PSU)

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/  Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Freebiescoin- 100% Free Distribution
Coffeecoin- 100% FREE Distribution:CC8zeK5Mq19W2yUdmhMXbLCmRqEkG7axTW
Let's color the MOON: YCtgk5JaBEt1WT7js29sh6W5my8dgcP2Sp
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]  All
  Print  

Jump to: