Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:38:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMiner Tube Owners Thread  (Read 9196 times)
WBF1 (OP)

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:14:11 PM

I believe with these you can run 5 tubes off 4 PSU.

I use EVGA 1300 Watt Supernova PSUs for them.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438011

Suggested/recommended psu? 10 psu is needed for a moq set. It's going to be a wire jungle ! Can the dps2000w support 2 miners 24x7 ? Looks like a little to close to psu max output. For stock settings i think 1 only 1 pcie needs to be connected and 2 if oc? Not too sure myself so owners please confirm.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:53:39 PM

Suggested/recommended psu? 10 psu is needed for a moq set. It's going to be a wire jungle ! Can the dps2000w support 2 miners 24x7 ? Looks like a little to close to psu max output. For stock settings i think 1 only 1 pcie needs to be connected and 2 if oc? Not too sure myself so owners please confirm.

I've got three different installs of 5 Tubes on 2x DPS2K that have been running for a week solid. One had issues I thought might be heat-related, but it was a faulty PSU. Replacement has been going steady since Sunday.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 04:09:09 PM

Comprehensive guide is comprehensive. Need more red bull.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:54:38 PM

Nice!
Did you get your Red Bull?

Comprehensive guide is comprehensive. Need more red bull.

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 06:04:31 PM

Official setup guide and support thread now up in super HD!

hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 03:08:47 PM

Well I got these fans today.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A460TK6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I will test them tonight. These fans may cut noise down a lot.
I would really like the controllers to allow  2 pool auto switching. Much Like the s-1's or s-3's have the 3 pool auto switching feature.

How did you get on with the fans? I've got one tube running and another on the way and the noise is giving me a headache with the standard fan.

I need to find a quieter one especially before the other one arrives to relieve my headache and stop me getting divorced Wink.
hagie

Activity: 792
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 07:41:27 PM

Hi all,

I bought 3 used asicminer tubes with BE-Controller for each. The run fine 24h in a pool like ghas.io but when I try to run a proxy based on BFGMiner , no difference if windows or linux, the miner or the controller suddelny stops workig. Sometimes the setup recovers on it's own, sometimes I have to unpower the controller and sometimes I have to unpower controller and the tubes.

If this happens only the first LED is flashing on the controller.

Does anyone have an Idea what I should change in the bfgminer config ?

Regards
Stefan
crusoe1234

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 03:43:05 AM

Hi all,

I bought 3 used asicminer tubes with BE-Controller for each. The run fine 24h in a pool like ghas.io but when I try to run a proxy based on BFGMiner , no difference if windows or linux, the miner or the controller suddelny stops workig. Sometimes the setup recovers on it's own, sometimes I have to unpower the controller and sometimes I have to unpower controller and the tubes.

Regards
Stefan

I'm using bfgminer 4.7.2 with no problems using proxy.  My start up is "bfgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://uk1.ghash.io:3333 -u x -p x --stratum-port 3333 --set-device PXY:diff=512"

I also am able to mine on f2pool,btcguild, no eligius yet (keeps disconnecting with same symptoms you are having). 
novak@gekkoscience

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 04:59:25 AM

Hi all,

Regards
Stefan

The controller is fundamentally broken.  They do not work with most pools.  Several pools actually changed to work with the faulty tube controllers.

The bfgminer fix is not a good one, between bfgminer and the tube controllers you've got enough bugs to feed an army of anteaters.  I'd stick to pools that work with the tube.  If you really want to mine on an unsupported pool, you might be able to use slush's proxy, which is much more stable.  There's a version I made that fixes the extranonce2 length issue, although it still does not work with pools which give the 'h not equal zero' error.  linux only.  http://www.gekkoscience.com/misc/mining_proxy.py

--
novak
hagie

Activity: 792
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 07:38:57 AM

Hi all,

Regards
Stefan

I'm using bfgminer 4.7.2 with no problems using proxy.  My start up is "bfgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://uk1.ghash.io:3333 -u x -p x --stratum-port 3333 --set-device PXY:diff=512"

I also am able to mine on f2pool,btcguild, no eligius yet (keeps disconnecting with same symptoms you are having). 

Ah ok - I discovered the Problem using eligius too. So it's pool dependend ?!

Anyone here mine successful in eligius using a Asicminer Tube ?

Anyone tried mining in eligius using Slushs Proxy or CKPool ?

Regards
Stefan
novak@gekkoscience

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 11:29:13 AM

Ah ok - I discovered the Problem using eligius too. So it's pool dependend ?!

Anyone here mine successful in eligius using a Asicminer Tube ?

Anyone tried mining in eligius using Slushs Proxy or CKPool ?

Regards
Stefan

It is pool dependent.  The BE controller has a bad stratum implementation, which does not work with all pools.  I think Slush's proxy (the version I posted, dunno about default) and CKPool contain the extranonce2 length fix but if memory serves the error given by eligius is 'h not equal zero.' which requires bfgminer.  I couldn't get bfgminer to run as a proxy for more than an hour without crashing.

--
novak
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:38:53 AM

Yep, ckpool in proxy mode also fixes the extranonce2 issue. ckolivas worked that one up for us I think the first day we had Tubes to test with, but he's far too busy to try and fix all the issues with AM's stratum implementation.

Hopefully novak can get some of those USB adapters worked up and distributed soon. These things seem to behave much better on a real cgminer.

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
utbeauchamp

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 06:48:46 PM

Hi,

I have an ASICMiner Tube that I want to use with CGMiner on Windows. I have a USB adapter that is from ASICMiner (like those sent with the Prisma). It is connected and recognized by Windows. I also used the Zadig utility to change the Driver to WinUSB. When I run cgminer, I get an error stating "USB init, open device failed, err -3, you don't have privilege to access - AMU device 3:1" Any insight into what I am doing wrong? Thank you for your help
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 09:33:19 PM

Are you running cgminer as admin? Try right clicking it and "run as administrator" Or disable UAC since that is a pain anyways.
daThomas

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 12:57:19 AM

Hi all,

Regards
Stefan

THIS EXACTLY! It's been frustrating the heck outta me the past several months. Older controller so I assume it's software is V1, as I've seen some on ebay that specify V2.

I'm on slushes pool so did some looking there today and noticed the minimum difficulty for my worker was the default so set it up higher according to th table on the page. Will see if that helps.

I tried a different cat5 cable just to rule that out. When it happens, like above, the first LED is flashing on the controller and it is not accessible on the network though the network plug light is on.

Any thoughts on what I should try next?

Thanks,
Thomas
daThomas

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 06:57:28 PM

Hi all,

Regards
Stefan

THIS EXACTLY! It's been frustrating the heck outta me the past several months. Older controller so I assume it's software is V1, as I've seen some on ebay that specify V2.

I'm on slushes pool so did some looking there today and noticed the minimum difficulty for my worker was the default so set it up higher according to th table on the page. Will see if that helps.

I tried a different cat5 cable just to rule that out. When it happens, like above, the first LED is flashing on the controller and it is not accessible on the network though the network plug light is on.

Any thoughts on what I should try next?

Thanks,
Thomas

BUMP

Does anyone have any insight into why the block erupter ethernet controller loses connection several times a day? Is there an update to this controller? Is there another option?

Thanks,
Thomas

sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 07:12:21 PM

Did you ever try to run ck's modified ckproxy, or novak's modified slush proxy, which fixed some of the problems with ASICMiner's broken stratum implementation? I never tried BFG for proxy on a tube. I also never had an issue with the original controller connected to the above-mentioned proxies, or directly to slush's port set up for these. Then there's also the option to run cgminer and use a USB adapter, which should work on every pool.

For reference, I ran 31 of these in my hosting when they first came out; some of them stuck around for about 8 months and I didn't have the problems you're experiencing.

daddyfatsax

Activity: 857
Merit: 1000

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 07:37:52 PM

My tube is running off BFG mining proxy with no issues.
kevinds

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 01:44:17 AM

Howdy,

I picked up a handful of these tubes (4), testing the boards one at a time for issues..  Been running great, one board seemed to get the controller to lock up frequently though (no web interface, not responding to pings), as others said above, it sometimes will clear on it's own or needs a power cycle.

My question is..  What are the data cables called?  Or what are the ends called?  Where can I order some..  haha

For example the power plugs on the boards are Molex 45558-0002 or Molex 45558-0003...

I am needing basically a replacement set of the UART signal cables, but I am not successful when searching for them...

One more question..  I saw in a manual for the Prismas, they connected the controller to the fan port on one of the boards..  Isn't this 12 volt?  The controller says 5v on it..  Are there different versions of the controller?  Or is 12volts ok for them?  If so, where can I buy one of these cables..  haha

Still trying to decide if I should find PSUs for them or just sell them when I get the data cables sorted out...
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 02:04:45 AM

I've got a bunch of cables from them laying around. Also, the controller has an internal regulator that should be good up to about 15VDC input so it's not too worried there, it'll work off whatever you're feeding it.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: