Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:52:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tired of being scammed and losing to bots, how do I effectively scam people?  (Read 1921 times)
gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:13:10 PM

This sad situation is pretty much completely the alt-coin communities fault.

You want to know why there are so few honest developers in the crypto-coin scene?

The community only rewards the dishonest developers and scam artists PERIOD.

Look at the amount of coin THROWN at IPOs. IPOs in themselves are not necessarily scams, but they are very effective tools for the scam artists.

Syscoin.....the equivalent of 3/4 of a MILLION dollars (1500 BTC * 500 = 750,000)

REALLY??

I provided a service for over two years that was widely used and at one point was getting over 1.5 million hits a week. Over that time period I got enough donations for maybe a cup of coffee every few months.

I basically paid in both time and money for the "honor" of providing the service. This is why it is now a paid service with no more "non-donation" funding.

I have other projects in the works now, but after seeing the whole syscoin thing, I am ready just to give up. Many of my honest developer peers are no longer on the scene. Notice how many of the original devs from a couple of years ago no longer frequent this place? Can't imagine why that is.  Roll Eyes

It would be easy for me to flip the switch and go to the "dark" side so to speak, but that is not who I am.

Well it was nice to vent, too bad it will change nothing. You will still throw money at the scam artists and give the honest developers the shaft.

Until the community decides to start supporting the core services and foundation building for the crypto coin world,instead of only supporting those who appeal to your greed, you will continue to get what you deserve.

totally this!
The scammed ones keep the scams going. Ipo, ico, presale anyone?
Why do people pump premined coins and cry when they get dumped on and are left with abandoned coins? There are good coins out there with no premine, consistent developement/maintaining and so on. They are under value big times.

Only because a coin is new doesn't give it value. But people will need some more time to understand that.

Concerning the bot-problem: close the spread with a tiny bid and most of them are gone ... life can be so easy Wink
ph4nt0m

Activity: 591
Merit: 501

Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 11:54:57 PM

People are easy to throw money at pumps & dumps, fake innovations and outright scams if manipulated properly. They are not easy to support actual development even if they hold a significant share of a particular coin. Some day these honest coin developers realise their work is stolen simply by those bagholders who don't contribute anything useful. They slow down or even give up.
atoni

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:25:53 AM

Dont learn how to code, thats just waste of time.

Learn how to effectively write what your coin will be able to do, then collect IPO money and do it again.

Really no need to make any new coin, that takes time and knowledge in which case you could probably find a good paying job and where are you then? Working again. So try to do at least work as you can, that is most profitable.

Also, learn how to do very good logo contest, that will add a lot to your credibility.

If you want my money too, make a coin's web page with a lot of naked women, I will throw some at you then and I am not alone in this!
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 05:21:37 PM

If you want to scam people, ask RS (aka RealSolid) for private lessons.  Grin  Grin
Haha
Mark Karpeles should sell private lessons. He's one of the richest scammers in the bitcoin world.

Is he a "motivational speaker" yet? Wink

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 05:25:49 PM

Why do people pump premined coins and cry when they get dumped on and are left with abandoned coins?

For the same reason why so many poker newbies end up blowing their wads. If you're a fool, or if you vainly fancy yourself to be a clever game-theory kind of fellow, this here Wild Wild West is a cruel teacher.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 06:06:35 PM

And it continues.....

About 1.2 MILLION dollars (2500 BTC) to the supernet ICO..IPO..whatever.

The lead has been on the forum for about ten months and refused full disclosure of his identification to the first exchange he approached with the ICO/IPO.

I have completely lost faith.... Why should I care or even bother anymore?

Working my ass off to bring some new concepts to market, but being conservative about it and not asking for investment funds.

Might as well come up with a cool name, start up an IPO, have tech difficulties the first day ....and Profit!!!!

Does anybody on this forum have one lick of sense? anybody Huh
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 07:36:21 PM

Not unless they've had a few or more hard lessons that have whacked their pocketbooks. Like I have, I must admit.

If it's any help, please remember how sheltered we all are in the Big-Government First World. By 19th century standards, we're all fools: many of us shockingly so to a real Old Westerner. Unfortunately, the bulk of us need the old School of Hard Knocks to whack some old-fashioned sense into us.

trolek1

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 07:38:35 PM

It is simple. Don't invest much money in new cryptocurrence. You always can lost all your money.
ph4nt0m

Activity: 591
Merit: 501

Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 07:43:48 PM

I don't buy coin IPOs and don't care about them. I can day trade these coins for a quick profit, but that's all. High risk means high yields, no sentiments when they go down the drain.
pork pie

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 07:55:32 PM

And it continues.....

About 1.2 MILLION dollars (2500 BTC) to the supernet ICO..IPO..whatever.

The lead has been on the forum for about ten months and refused full disclosure of his identification to the first exchange he approached with the ICO/IPO.

I have completely lost faith.... Why should I care or even bother anymore?

Working my ass off to bring some new concepts to market, but being conservative about it and not asking for investment funds.

Might as well come up with a cool name, start up an IPO, have tech difficulties the first day ....and Profit!!!!

There is already a thread complaining about big problems at the start of the IPO.
dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 08:07:41 PM

Is the alt-coin scene an extremely high risk environment??  absolutely!! There is nothing wrong with that, it comes with the territory of an emerging market.

Will some win and even more lose? Yep, comes with the territory.

The issue I am addressing is how the community is getting weaker through its greed and virtual non-support of honest developers. It was not always like this.
Now greed has become the absolute driving factor with people literally throwing money at anybody that promises them the moon while the whole foundation of development falls out from beneath the community.

If the community continues to GROSSLY fund questionable developments and outright scams, that is all the community is going to have. The pool of honest developers is getting smaller and smaller and I fear it may get one smaller soon. Most of those active on the forums today probably do not know who I am. I have been merging more and more in the background as the community bobsleds into the monster it is becoming. Thing is, I have been here and developing for years and so few of my peers seem to have remained.

I guess it feels good to vent, I only wish the the shrinking group I am in could find a way to stem the tide. It is just so difficult to compete against the glittering lights and promises of fortunes that community members old and new seem to fall more into with larger sums of capital.

Maybe we just have to wait until it all implodes..I certainly hope it does not come to that.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: