Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:35:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if there is no captitulation?  (Read 2199 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
razorramon (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

BILIBIT.IO -1st Decentralized Token in Philippines

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:11:38 PM

more people are selling than buying.

Actually it seems more like people are buying, but in much smaller volumes than the lesser number of people and organizations who are selling large chunks.

The price seems to generally rise when volumes are low and fall with large dumps from whales.

Just an observation.

this...basically said that a little more on the top of this thread

First Decentralized token in the philippines                                                                                Community-driven crypto ecosystem♕
           PRE-SALE                                                     Bilibit                                                         Intended to help People ☮
     is now LIVE at Bilibit.io                                                                                                      [ Twitter ] [ Facebook ] [ Telegram]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:53:18 PM

^Sure, theoretically one could start with a sow's ear and turn it into a silk purse.  One could also make stone soup.

Do I need to explain why couture purse makers aren't driving up the price of sow's ears, and why five-star restaurants don't buy stones by the truckfull?

*If you don't understand how purses are made, it's smarter not to lecture on purses.  Same with soup.  Same with Bitcoin.

still this has nothing to do with the topic...

anyway...most people don't consider the confirmation time as a problem...maybe it's not for the fast buy yet...but we will get there one way or another...in every other case it's faster than fiat or bank transfer

-slow confirmations ... still MUCH faster than a bank transfer...also there is a lot of money in silicon valley to solve problems like this

You bring it up--I correct you, that's all.

Re. fiat confirm time:  I don't do bank transfers to buy gas, a cup of coffee or a pack of smokes--there are fiat alternatives Smiley  I use cash and CC.  Always assumed everyone was familiar with those IRL game mechanics.

Stop trying to paint Bitcoin as the solution to everything.
It isn't the answer to meatspace microtransactions.  It also doesn't unclog toilets, or make your kids dance while it makes you money--but it doesn't have to.

It also doesn't need pimping or hype.
razorramon (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:09:12 PM

Re. fiat confirm time:  I don't do bank transfers to buy gas, a cup of coffee or a pack of smokes--there are fiat alternatives Smiley  I use cash and CC.  Always assumed everyone was familiar with those IRL game mechanics.

It isn't the answer to meatspace microtransactions.  It also doesn't unclog toilets, or make your kids dance while it makes you money--but it doesn't have to.

i never said it's the solution to everything...there is a long way to go...
also i use cash not that often (only if cards are not accepted)...and i buy most of my stuff from the internet...(except stuff i need immediately)...i also order food online

i don't know what you mean with pimping or hyping...am i doing this? all i did was taking your response and clearing up why you are wrong or what my thoughts are...
it wasn't even my intention to talk about this topics here...there are many threads about that subjects...

why can't you stay on topic?

First Decentralized token in the philippines                                                                                Community-driven crypto ecosystem♕
           PRE-SALE                                                     Bilibit                                                         Intended to help People ☮
     is now LIVE at Bilibit.io                                                                                                      [ Twitter ] [ Facebook ] [ Telegram]
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:31:01 PM

Let me quote the points which you consider to be on topic, since you have listed them in your first post.

it's new (still)

Meh.  2009.  Not sure how this is either a plus or a minus.  Dogecoin is newer Cheesy

it's deflationary (!!!)

As others have pointed out, that's not currently true.  The coin mined by the miners is inflation, many times that of US dollar inflation.  Bitcoin will not become deflationary until 2140, when the last coin is mined.   In other words, so wrong it's embarrassing (!!!)

the demand is growing

I have already responded:
If the demand is growing faster than the supply, the price increases.  That is one of the most fundamental concepts in economics, and the basic tenet of free market economy.

Not all economy, mind you.  Not planned economies like Soviet Russia, for instance.

Are you a Communist, Comrade? Angry

Is there anything topical I have missed?
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:34:07 PM

it's new (still)
it's deflationary (!!!)
the demand is growing
sooner or later people will not "sell" bitcoins to fiat because there is no need to

Indeed it is new. And this scares some people away for different reasons. Some people don't want go experimental with money, o are afraid that things goes wrong.

Bitcoin is not deflationary in any sense. 3600 new BTC everyday(monetary inflation), and the BTC purchase power something goes down too(its happening now), so no guarantee about price deflation too.

The volume is much lower than from months ago, both considering money equilavent or Bitcoins. At least on exchanges. Or it is not totally accurate or people are boicoting exchanges.

Taxes still will have to be paid with money. And Bitcoin is new, so acceptance won't be universal and Bitcoin won't be used everywhere, so cash out will be needed.

And I think it is possible higher demand with fall in price, if the demand is to use Bitcoin as mean of payment(that is, people buy it, transfer it and sell it, and not hold it), and not as finantial reserve.
razorramon (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:35:15 PM

Let me quote the points which you consider to be on topic, since you have listed them in your first post.

it's new (still)

Meh.  2009.  Not sure how this is either a plus or a minus.  Dogecoin is newer Cheesy

it's deflationary (!!!)

As others have pointed out, that's not currently true.  The coin mined by the miners is inflation, many times that of US dollar inflation.  Bitcoin will not become deflationary until 2140, when the last coin is mined.   In other words, so wrong it's embarrassing (!!!)

the demand is growing

I have already responded:
If the demand is growing faster than the supply, the price increases.  That is one of the most fundamental concepts in economics, and the basic tenet of free market economy.

Not all economy, mind you.  Not planned economies like Soviet Russia, for instance.

Are you a Communist, Comrade? Angry

Is there anything topical I have missed?

sorry...if you just want to troll around i have to ignore you

razorramon (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:40:41 PM

it's new (still)
it's deflationary (!!!)
the demand is growing
sooner or later people will not "sell" bitcoins to fiat because there is no need to

Indeed it is new. And this scares some people away for different reasons. Some people don't want go experimental with money, o are afraid that things goes wrong.

Bitcoin is not deflationary in any sense. 3600 new BTC everyday(monetary inflation), and the BTC purchase power something goes down too(its happening now), so no guarantee about price deflation too.

The volume is much lower than from months ago, both considering money equilavent or Bitcoins. At least on exchanges. Or it is not totally accurate or people are boicoting exchanges.

Taxes still will have to be paid with money. And Bitcoin is new, so acceptance won't be universal and Bitcoin won't be used everywhere, so cash out will be needed.

And I think it is possible higher demand with fall in price, if the demand is to use Bitcoin as mean of payment(that is, people buy it, transfer it and sell it, and not hold it), and not as finantial reserve.

so basically you are saying the exact same things that NotLambchop said...and also ignored my questions...
a) What if there is no capitulation?
b) What products are there that can be compared to Bitcoin considering the actual market situation

rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:43:12 PM

If there is no further drop, but we go up, the last significant drop will be labeled 'capitulation'. The determination is made after the fact, after all.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
razorramon (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:50:35 PM

If there is no further drop, but we go up, the last significant drop will be labeled 'capitulation'. The determination is made after the fact, after all.

that is what i mean...especially long term bitcoiners say there is not enough blood and despair yet...but i think that that is not needed

so basically we will know in a few weeks

Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:05:19 PM

that is what i mean...especially long term bitcoiners say there is not enough blood and despair yet...but i think that that is not needed

This forum is loaded with despair  Cool

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
razorramon (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:13:15 PM

This forum is loaded with despair  Cool

well it's a rollercoaster from despair to climax

i like the moments most when i start to sing and dance (but i don't need bitcoin for that Smiley )

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:15:11 PM

^Sure, theoretically one could start with a sow's ear and turn it into a silk purse.  One could also make stone soup.

Do I need to explain why couture purse makers aren't driving up the price of sow's ears, and why five-star restaurants don't buy stones by the truckfull?

*If you don't understand how purses are made, it's smarter not to lecture on purses.  Same with soup.  Same with Bitcoin.

anyway...most people don't consider the confirmation time as a problem...maybe it's not for the fast buy yet...but we will get there one way or another...in every other case it's faster than fiat or bank transfer

-slow confirmations ... still MUCH faster than a bank transfer...also there is a lot of money in silicon valley to solve problems like this

Fastcoin has 12second blocks... 
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:19:57 PM

Fastcoin has 12second blocks... 

That must be really secure coin. Smiley

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: