Bitcoin Forum
July 11, 2024, 01:15:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AMT ADVANCED MINERS - INSIDE BITCOIN CONFERENCE LAS VEGAS - BUYERS BEWARE!!!!  (Read 3432 times)
mrpark (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:09:22 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2014, 08:44:40 PM by mrpark

There will be a Bitcoin conference in Las-Vegas, please read entire post for additional important information.

http://insidebitcoins.com/las-vegas/2014/sponsors/

Inside Bitcoins is the leading trade show for the fast-growing bitcoin and related cryptocurrency industry. This conference and expo provides up-to-date information on the latest in government compliance, marketing, managing and launching in the cryptocurrency world. Attendees have an opportunity to explore the growth of cryptocurrency, FinTech business trends, investment strategies, and more through conference sessions.

Everything looks great about this conference, HOWEVER!!!....

PLEASE BE AWARE: There is a very unethical company named AMT AKA "ADVANCED MINERS" that will be there soliciting their new products. The problem is that these products were created using the original investors money to make these deals, using preorder money.

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:51:36 PM

You rarely get anywhere on your own.
Hire an attorney. Find more people that have been scammed. A nice class action suit will go a long way, plus since they've taken money from people in multiple jurisdictions, you would have no need to file the suit where they reside. You'd be able to file the summons from wherever the lead plaintiff resides.
peeveepee

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:55:48 PM

There were lots of warning on pre-order scam on the forum.

Why did you decide to order knowing the odd of late and non-delivery is high?
Wealthy

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:27:55 PM

PLEASE BE AWARE: There is a very unethical company named AMT AKA "ADVANCED MINERS" that will be there soliciting their new products at the Inside bitcoin conference in Las Vegas. The problem is that these products were created using the original investors money to make these deals, using preorder money to fly the globe and attend events like this. They STILL have not delivered the original products or MPP to the first investors in the company. I have personally filed complaints with the FTC, SEC, FBI, CIA and I have also applied to enter them in the National Fraud Database.

In addition there is also a class action lawsuit against them (http://www.chimicles.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/AMT-Bitcoin-Complaint-for-CT-website.pdf , they made s website and collected preorder money in 2013 with a promise of a quick turn around (Feb 2014) but never delivered a working product to the buyers. I have also called the local police, and the DA in Montgomery county PA. It seems that the civil case has to run it's course before criminal charges can be filed agains them. Many of these clients paid in excess of $20,000 an only received some no name parts. They say they will respond in 24 hours, but they don't return emails. It is just so other clients think they are legit. They have also locked their thread on Bitcointalk.org in an attempt to silence their existing clients who have been ripped off. I was put on the NAUGHTY LIST, so I did not receive a miner, only parts.

I have contacted Inside Bitcoin, but they have not responded.

I have recently given them a negative trust rating for them on Bitcointalk, here was my review.

I purchased a miner from AMT Advanced miners $6,000, the only thing I got in return was no name parts worth maybe about $800 or so. They tell me to contact sales@advancedminers.com and they will respond in 24 hours. They do not respond at all. They also continue to develop new products, when they have not yet compensated me. I am a Gulf War Veteran and Proud American. That doesn't matter to them, they have done this to many people on the forum. There is also a class action lawsuit again them, with many plaintiffs with the same story. I just want to be refunded my $6,000, but they continue to use my money to travel the world and go to Bitcoin exhibits to show new products when they have not given me a working product yet, or a refund.

Scammers Profile

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=152891

UPDATE: As soon as I posted this, AMT AKA Advanced Miners suddenly emailed me. Oh not to help me, but with a threat that I would not get a refund for speaking out against them! Nice guys!
As the rise of faith of people in bitcoin increases,the scammers will pop out just like a mushroom in and around to make a victim to their scam.You can't say who is scammer or who isn't many people having a higher profile here are also fake.Hope you would get your refund and glad to hear that you have reported to authorities to such scammer.
wasserman99

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:32:21 PM

I don't think the CIA usually investigates this type of allegations.

When you buy any miner the cost of the parts will always be much less then the price you pay, as most of the cost of the miners are from research and development. It is very expensive to develop the technology to mine in a cost (electric) effective way.

You didn't post if the miner met the specs promised to you. Does it have the hashrate/power consumption that was promised to you? If it does then you have zero claim on them.

Wealthy

Activity: 92

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:34:04 PM

I never by anything online unless some real people have used and reviewed them.Even for the products on some high profile site I lookout for reviews first.There are many scammers around here with a fishing rod in hand to catch some fish they could eat up.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:36:33 PM

On the other hand, we could only hope that Joshua Zipkin does show up in Las Vegas, for the Jenkintown police are having a hard time tracking him down to question him about his murder threats. As far as I'm concern, a Las Vegas jail is as good as any, in fact it's better, considering the horror stories that come outta there.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:58:10 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 05:35:13 PM by QuestionAuthority

There's a much worse criminal going to be there than AMT. The CEO of Butterfly Labs is a convicted felon. They've defrauded more people than AMT. It will take AMT years to catch up with BFL. I'm really surprised BFL has the balls to show up anywhere (where can I buy rotten eggs in Las Vegas?). I hear they're going to give a presentation too. It's called, Mail Fraud to Bitcoin - Stealing With Style.

I'm going to be there because I want to hear Bobby Lee's, James D’Angelo's and with his background Daniel Tannebaum from PwC should be an impressive regulatory presentation (and it gives me an excuse to gamble for a few days). Would you like me to give them a message for you (no pipe bombs or anything, just relatively civil words)? I'd be happy to do it.

Eotnak

Activity: 117

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:15:06 PM

I've had luck in the past using local PD when I got screwed on the Internet.  Demand a police report if there was a crime committed.  Good luck, and keep the news coming!

Also, let's stop sending money to these preorder companies, shall we?

edit:  Rereading my post, I'd like to clarify that I praise you for going to local PD, I'm not suggesting that you do that...as you clearly already have.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 05:32:32 PM

you mean they are bigger scammers than Butterfly Labs  as some people say  Shocked ?

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 4714

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:37:35 PM

Excessive use of large font, bold, and colors makes the post a pain in the @$$ to read.  Didn't get past the first sentence.  I have no idea if you have anything useful or interesting to say.
meade16

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:38:33 PM

Goto Las Vegas and punch them out

I'll kill that email address with spam  Grin

sales@advancedminers.com
opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:07:53 PM

I don't think the CIA usually investigates this type of allegations.

When you buy any miner the cost of the parts will always be much less then the price you pay, as most of the cost of the miners are from research and development. It is very expensive to develop the technology to mine in a cost (electric) effective way.

You didn't post if the miner met the specs promised to you. Does it have the hashrate/power consumption that was promised to you? If it does then you have zero claim on them.

Except they have or HAD a miner protection program. The promise was (which by law those customers are entitled to now even if going forward new ones are not) that if you do not ROI in 6 months, we get an upgrade to the next level model free at their expense. When this was claimed, they backed off. As it was a defining feature of selling their product, its a slap in the face and blatant bait and switch tactics. This does indeed allow us a very legal claim. The hardware was also delivered more than 6 months late for most, which results in a direct depreciation value AND lost income as a result. FTC regulations are clear on these points. Additionally, they took the preorders and any and just about all claims for refunds were denied. THen they turned around and shipped machines only because of a pending court case. The saga is well documented in various AMT related threads in the hardware section and summed up in the leaked chats in this forum section.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
Eotnak

Activity: 117

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:16:46 PM

They told me if I don't stop posting, I would not get a refund.

Do you have proof of this?  That's extortion and completely separate from everything else.  I'd go back to the local PD with proof on that one.  Poof!  Refund!
meade16

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:40:07 PM

wankers

spam time
opieum2

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:00:14 PM

Refer to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=759543.0 I was one of the participants in the chats. I used to be one of his biggest supporters. I tried to give them the benefit if the doubt, but was also as equally taken. But after repeated attempts to try to get him to compensate his customers back, well it was evident his intentions, were to just get out of the lawsuit and screw everyone. Even those of us helping him were taken for a ride. One of the non-customers opted to leak this information as he was fed up. I just decided to out him in all this and confirm it since Joshua Zipkin claimed it was all made up and fabricated. I had enough of his crap.

clenell

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:06:50 PM

sales@advancedminers.com

I am going to las vegas. i am order #610 who paid $5,959 last year. i have NOTHING from josh zipkin . i am going to meet this asshole personally and hope to god my anger does not get the best of me.

do you hear that zipkin - i'm gonna see your pasty fat white ass in vegas. talk that shit to my face fat boy.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
opieum2

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 11:11:51 PM

sales@advancedminers.com

I am going to las vegas. i am order #610 who paid $5,959 last year. i have NOTHING from josh zipkin . i am going to meet this asshole personally and hope to god my anger does not get the best of me.

do you hear that zipkin - i'm gonna see your pasty fat white ass in vegas. talk that shit to my face fat boy.

Dammit man...I wish I was going....I would be there taking video of the whole thing. Immediate forum post LOL. Still all said I would save you from yourself on that...just let you express your anger verbally....dont need to get arrested over him Tongue No need to give him that joy. But easy to just confront and expose him.   

tins

Activity: 882

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:46:44 AM

I am going to try to contact the hotel management to warn them about this company with an active lawsuit against them. Probably not someone you want in your hotel.

Hotel won't care. It's the hosting conference you need to contact.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:51:02 AM

Look what Bruno has been up to lately: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=741795.0

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: