Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 10:13:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Circle.com - Anyone out there using it? What are your experiences so far?  (Read 14656 times)
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 06:28:54 AM

I just bought some BTC from circle, and they've now integrated the 1% fee. It just shows final price rather than a separate fee line. Initially they did exchanges at bitstamp rate, but now they have the same pricing as coinbase. No real price advantage between circle vs coinbase anymore.

Seretonin

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 08:05:54 AM

Looks like its for US customers only  Huh

Some Australians at least are having success with linking Visa *debit* cards (but I could not link my Mastercard *debit* card).

I have a ANZ Visa Debit and I was able to use circle about 15 minutes go.
apelike

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 09:17:22 AM

Looks like its for US customers only  Huh

Some Australians at least are having success with linking Visa *debit* cards (but I could not link my Mastercard *debit* card).

Too risky to link my cards with this kind of stuff.
keithers (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 08:27:27 PM

Looks like its for US customers only  Huh

Too risky to link my cards with this kind of stuff.

What are you worried about? You are covered on the credit card side by their consumer protection anyways.
master-P

Activity: 868

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 08:29:20 PM

I've been using Circle to buy BTC the past couple weeks and it has been going great. Being able to use my credit and debit card to instantly buy BTC is super convenient. The fees are not as ridiculous as I thought it would be, definitely cheaper than me wiring money to Bitstamp to buy through those means. My only gripe with it is the relatively low weekly starting limit of $500 USD.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 04:25:03 AM

I've been using Circle to buy BTC the past couple weeks and it has been going great. Being able to use my credit and debit card to instantly buy BTC is super convenient. The fees are not as ridiculous as I thought it would be, definitely cheaper than me wiring money to Bitstamp to buy through those means. My only gripe with it is the relatively low weekly starting limit of $500 USD.

well said

Circle is a great service
alabamafan1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 08:48:10 AM

Did using your credit card make the purchase a cash advance or post as a purchase? I don't want to pay interest fees and have been having issues with my debit card lately (new one on the way).
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 09:17:56 AM

When I log in I just get a message that says a further review is needed and that they will contact me. After a few days where nothing happened I sent an email asking what the heck, still no answer.

Seriously bad start. Too bad, the concept was perfect.
Got a reply from them 4 days ago (not my main mail, stopped checking daily after the first few weeks). They asked about my IP (nothing specific, just "tell us about your ip address". The next day they sent another mail that simply said "suspended". Just mailed them back, said I use a VPN and to not be so impatient. Let's see how long it takes this time.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:28:21 PM

When I log in I just get a message that says a further review is needed and that they will contact me. After a few days where nothing happened I sent an email asking what the heck, still no answer.

Seriously bad start. Too bad, the concept was perfect.
Got a reply from them 4 days ago (not my main mail, stopped checking daily after the first few weeks). They asked about my IP (nothing specific, just "tell us about your ip address". The next day they sent another mail that simply said "suspended". Just mailed them back, said I use a VPN and to not be so impatient. Let's see how long it takes this time.
Vague statement about their system being unable to identify certain information and please send a passport or drivers license. Told them to fuck right off. Kraken has functional customer support and doesn't pull this bullshit. Good thing I didn't leave any money with them.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 04:16:14 AM

Circle is excellent. Gone are the days when the only way to buy Bitcoin with a credit card was to pay 5 times the price on eBay or some shady website.

My ONLY complaint so far is that the exchange rate they use is high, but then again that helps when selling Bitcoin, it's just that I tend to buy more than I sell which forces me to use Coinbase for that side of the transaction.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
bitgold

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 04:16:51 AM

Circle works fine for me.
keithers (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 12:17:52 AM

I have started using it for small amounts, just for an additional option outside of coinbase for quick btc purchases.   I have been unable to help myself lately since the prices have hung so low...
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: