Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:17:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive ASICMiner Tube Setup [HD]  (Read 35124 times)
WBF1

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 11:38:18 AM

Dogie- any chance for an explanation of the somewhat cryptic options towards the bottom of the settings page?

Specifically

RollNtime[ s]
WakeUp period[ s]
Normal/Smart[0/1]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
R-T-B

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 01:23:41 PM

If you really think GHash.io is going to go down (along with 30% of the network), buy a $20 Pi and use BFGMiner as a passthrough proxy. You can set up as many redundant pools as you want for as many miners as you want if you set miner difficulty properly.

While the first part of your comment may be valid (it is unlikely GHash.io is going to go down), I refuse to use GHash.io.  I suppose you could argue that's me creating a problem, but the suggested solution of BFGMiner is simply not a solution.  BFGMiner consistently crashes my controller on a NIGHTLY basis.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 01:30:17 PM

While the first part of your comment may be valid (it is unlikely GHash.io is going to go down), I refuse to use GHash.io.  

ckproxy (linux only) can go some way to sanitising these connections. It will allow you to connect to btcguild and slush stratum based pools like slush and ozcoin that I know of but it wont talk to eligius and emc because of the part of the enonce2 that these devices expect to be working on (it's coincidence that ckproxy can sanitise the other pools).

https://bitbucket.org/ckolivas/ckpool

Run it in standalone proxy mode (with the options -p -A)

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Scripts

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 02:26:37 PM

Flawless Guide. Awesome work Dogie. This will definitely help others.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 03:33:40 PM

i can confirm this
thoose fans are very weak...
but they are cooling dragon lketc with no issues.

coolermaster jetflo are much better choice, but i think not enough too

i will test new fans hope they arrive today.

No sensible noise level 25mm fan will get close to a 37.5mm high static fan with out voodoo.

The corsairs do work as (expensive) second fans though.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 05:46:27 PM

While the first part of your comment may be valid (it is unlikely GHash.io is going to go down), I refuse to use GHash.io.  

ckproxy (linux only) can go some way to sanitising these connections. It will allow you to connect to btcguild and slush stratum based pools like slush and ozcoin that I know of but it wont talk to eligius and emc because of the part of the enonce2 that these devices expect to be working on (it's coincidence that ckproxy can sanitise the other pools).

https://bitbucket.org/ckolivas/ckpool

Run it in standalone proxy mode (with the options -p -A)

BTCGuild can be used directly with stratum-lb-usa48.btcguild.com.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 05:56:13 PM

Dogie- any chance for an explanation of the somewhat cryptic options towards the bottom of the settings page?

Specifically

RollNtime[ s]
WakeUp period[ s]
Normal/Smart[0/1]

RollNtime is something you will never change, and determines when the pool's packet should expire. I'm not sure why its manually set as I thought its sent as a bit with the work packet. https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Getwork#rollntime
Don't know the other two.

old nice guy

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 06:23:23 PM

Great guide Dogie the pictures are amazing as always. Will you provide information on over clocking I see you have said it will achieve 920gh/s over clocked how stable is that?
Sometimes a good reboot is all that's needed.. Oh and a nice drop in ambient temperature.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/d12qutzdhnho8k0/RECKONER2_2.png?dl=0
thats the highest GH ive seen so far and one board is having problems lol

Same here Steve , i just set up my units  can you tell me how i do the reboot on these Tubes?
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 06:39:56 PM

Great guide Dogie the pictures are amazing as always. Will you provide information on over clocking I see you have said it will achieve 920gh/s over clocked how stable is that?

Not at this second, no. There are too many cases of unstable units at stock as it is, or damaged units with unknown cause. Most of these are caused by improper power supplies being used, and/or PCI-E cabling, and/or cooling. Once that settles down I will. The other problem is that the OC pushes the unit over the 1KW @ PSU threshold, so all sensible powering solutions go out the window. You end up having to go 2x CX750s per Tube or 4x RM1000s per 3 Tubes.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 06:41:50 PM

Same here Steve , i just set up my units  can you tell me how i do the reboot on these Tubes?

Stop quoting the picture, its not real stats [Only 7 minutes of stats with super high difficulty = random variance]. You can reset your stats with ReSession or restart your unit with Settings -> Update/Restart.

helipotte

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

Pick and place? I need more coffee.

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:52:08 PM

Specifically

RollNtime[ s]
WakeUp period[ s]
Normal/Smart[0/1]

RollNtime is something you will never change, and determines when the pool's packet should expire. I'm not sure why its manually set as I thought its sent as a bit with the work packet. https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Getwork#rollntime

I changed the NRolltime to 150 from 120 and it has reduced the "duplicate share" notifications I was receiving in Bfgminer (proxy).  I was averaging

around 5% rejects due to dups over 24Hr period.  When I changed it to 150, this dropped to about 1.5%. Just an observation. Smiley
WBF1

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:36:25 PM

Specifically

RollNtime[ s]
WakeUp period[ s]
Normal/Smart[0/1]

I changed the NRolltime to 150 from 120 and it has reduced the "duplicate share" notifications I was receiving in Bfgminer (proxy).  I was averaging

around 5% rejects due to dups over 24Hr period.  When I changed it to 150, this dropped to about 1.5%. Just an observation. Smiley

Had a similar issue at some point. Make sure you set diff=n in bfgminer, where n is a max difficulty presented to the miner. From whatbi can tell, without setting it the miner->proxy difficulty stays at 1 even when the proxy->pool difficulty is higher. Bfgminer seems to not pass on the pool difficulty unless you set a max in bfgminer, even if that max is super high. After I did this, my reject rate was comparable to without the proxy. I think the controller or the boards get tripped up at difficulty 1 after some period of time. But I have no hard proof of this, just an observation.
helipotte

Activity: 650

Pick and place? I need more coffee.

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:26:41 AM

I did.  Set Bfgminer to present 128 diff to the tubes.  Poolside is set to 1024.
jmumich

Activity: 209

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:53:47 AM

Has anyone had a problem where one board shows all "-" dashes in the Test Status page, and doesn't hash at all, while the other three are all working?  I've tried putting it in all four possible positions in the chain, and it seems one board (the same one) always comes up like this:  "Board 04: |---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---| - V:1.41"  

Since it is coming up I assume it is not an issue with how it is assembled (and I even plugged the fan into that board to see if it works, and it did) - could this just be a bad board, or am I missing something?  
bbxx

Activity: 728

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 08:35:13 AM

doa board.

but sometimes i got same result after longer time of hashing
software reboot wake them up.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 12:32:05 PM

Has anyone had a problem where one board shows all "-" dashes in the Test Status page, and doesn't hash at all, while the other three are all working?  I've tried putting it in all four possible positions in the chain, and it seems one board (the same one) always comes up like this:  "Board 04: |---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---| - V:1.41"  

Since it is coming up I assume it is not an issue with how it is assembled (and I even plugged the fan into that board to see if it works, and it did) - could this just be a bad board, or am I missing something?  

It will come up regardless of how well you assembled it (unless you sawed it in half). If its been bent or damaged then it will display this.

Try swapping the power round from another board.

jmumich

Activity: 209

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:21:26 PM

doa board.

but sometimes i got same result after longer time of hashing
software reboot wake them up.

It will come up regardless of how well you assembled it (unless you sawed it in half). If its been bent or damaged then it will display this.

Thanks, looks like its a dead board, it never came alive so rebooting doesn't help, and I get the same result no matter where it is powered (1 or 2 PCI-E).  There's no obvious physical damage.  Is there any reason why I couldn't run 3 together and try to RMA the single board?  Seems like it should work, and I'd rather have 3 going than nothing at all.  And it should be easier to OC 3 with a 1000W power supply.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 01:55:18 PM

Thanks, looks like its a dead board, it never came alive so rebooting doesn't help, and I get the same result no matter where it is powered (1 or 2 PCI-E).  There's no obvious physical damage.  Is there any reason why I couldn't run 3 together and try to RMA the single board?  Seems like it should work, and I'd rather have 3 going than nothing at all.  And it should be easier to OC 3 with a 1000W power supply.

You can send one back, yes.

yochdog
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 02:44:35 AM

assuming 3 tubes can be plugged into one controller......does each tube need a individual IP, or just one for the controller? 

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
WBF1

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 02:47:29 AM

assuming 3 tubes can be plugged into one controller......does each tube need a individual IP, or just one for the controller? 

One for the controller
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: