Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:05:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is this SuperNET everyone is talking about?  (Read 2410 times)
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 11:45:15 AM

...wouldn't it be better to invest in Nxt or BTCd directly?

Either way would work, I guess Smiley
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 12:40:42 PM

...wouldn't it be better to invest in Nxt or BTCd directly?

FUD first & ask questions later™
ankylotic

Activity: 477
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 03:49:06 PM

www.supernet.org is the website if you want more info
halfbit

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 05:07:03 PM

my asset to the moon! Cool

Just stfu and send in the money to my accounts guys! I stay anonymous and eat some ben & jerries and drink starbucks lattes till the end of my days Cool

Love you all   Crypto forever!

^ Not James, in case anyone had any doubt.

Heres the official ICO thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762346.0

And heres my summary of what SuperNET is all about:

Co-operation between crypto-currencies !

The ICO is gonna (has already) pull in a shit load of NXT, BTC and BTCD in exchange for a tradeable token issued on the NXT Asset Exchange.
Most of the funds will be held in escrow and traded conservatively to act as a volatility buffer.
5% will go to NXT dev fund, 5% to BTCD dev, with the option to actually hire in extra devs for both.
Other coin systems can/will join in, and all of the participating coins will be listed on the NXT-based multi-gateway system, allowing trustless (and almost costless) trading between coins on the system.
This will further reduce volatility for currencies in the SuperNET, and will allow all coins in the system to use the features of other coins in SuperNET.

For example: if DOGE came in, and when BTCD completes its Teleport feature, you will be able to anonymise your DOGE by converting it into BTCD, Teleporting it using BTCD, then converting back to DOGE.
Result: anonymised DOGE!

There will be a SuperNet wallet (I think based on the BTCD wallet) that will allow control of all of your SuperNET funds from a single interface.
Knowing James, there are probably a shitload of extra features coming up.....but that is the basic plan as I understand it.

What is the value of the actual token? It seems its better to buy NXT or BTCD rather than this.

Elaborating further on what EvilDave said, the Supernet is a better investment than NXT by itself. It's backed by NXT, but also will receive various dividends monthly. Not only will it pay in NXT from all of the services it provides, but will also dividend out all assets purchased by the Supernet in the future. It's a great investment.

Once v1 is up, investors will see high dividends monthly from a boatload of varying assets held by supernet
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 05:26:55 PM

Bitstar is a good coin to own that is working with SuperNET, still very low on price and good devs.
tadakaluri

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 03:15:42 AM

VPN Coin wallet has included Supernet.............
Ingatqhvq

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 04:48:03 AM

No, it's a joke.
It just for pump and dump.
threecats

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 09:57:41 AM

No, it's a joke.
It just for pump and dump.

If you are referring to VPN it might be worthwhile to look at it again. It's a working decentalized VPN coin in a country that just banned VPNs.
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 10:17:58 AM

VPN Coin wallet has included Supernet.............

COOL!  Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: