Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:42:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow Doge is exploding right now  (Read 5719 times)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:24:52 AM

Why any sane VC would invest in dogecoin?

It has potential to replace Litcoin (as number 2 currency) which has approximately the same functionality but less activity behind it. I've already seen examples when businesses start to work with bitcoin and dogecoin and ignore litecoin. And since bitcoin is relatively stable now only dogecoin has long-term (1 year) potential for substantial growth from "noticeable" currencies.

So I'll buy some when price will drop.

NO.. that is just stupid .

FUD first & ask questions later™
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 09:53:32 AM

Doge is just a crypto with a cool image. People that are new to crypto can play around with it and not have to invest a lot.

People shouldn't see Doge as an investement. Bitcoin is an investment.

I think for tipping (for instance a restaurant) it can be very usefull.

Doge is to stay, because it has a community involved puts a lot of work in the coin.
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 10:42:41 AM

It's a funny statement. Both Bitcoin and Doge are exactly the same minus a few technical differences of no importance. Both have an equal chance of being thought of as investment.
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1101

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:03:08 PM

It's a funny statement. Both Bitcoin and Doge are exactly the same minus a few technical differences of no importance. Both have an equal chance of being thought of as investment.

Agree, just doge coin is high risk investment and bitcoin is lower risk..
devphp

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:09:07 PM

Doge has a higher risk factor, but also higher potential returns which counterbalances the risk. I would imagine the risk/reward ratio is actually lower in Doge at this time than in Bitcoin.
readysalted89

Activity: 327

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:33:43 PM

Doge has a higher risk factor, but also higher potential returns which counterbalances the risk. I would imagine the risk/reward ratio is actually lower in Doge at this time than in Bitcoin.

I guess Bitcoin is a better long term investment than Doge. I guess Bitcoin is likely to be here in ten years, but Doge might not be here.
Picasso7

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 04:28:01 AM

dogecoin is going to down
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 06:00:09 AM

It has potential to replace Litcoin (as number 2 currency) which has approximately the same functionality but less activity behind it. I've already seen examples when businesses start to work with bitcoin and dogecoin and ignore litecoin. And since bitcoin is relatively stable now only dogecoin has long-term (1 year) potential for substantial growth from "noticeable" currencies.

no just no

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
Divinespark

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 06:10:40 AM

Doge is a fad and is not going to last
However its legacy will last which is the criticality of a passionate, helpful community

.AMEPAY..
█  FAST
█  CONVENIENT
█  SECURE
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
||$600,000
worth of AME
!
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 03:37:36 AM

Doge is a fad and is not going to last
However its legacy will last which is the criticality of a passionate, helpful community

quoting you for posterity. My prediction Doge will be one of just a few worth anything in 10 years.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
DonDev

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 03:43:58 AM

Dogecoin community is too strong and committed no way it will go down.
It will definitely go up to around 2-3$ Per 1000 doge Im not so sure if it will cross that price mark but its enough to benefit all shibes and not that far away either as it was at that rate back in February
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 04:35:40 AM

*facepalm*

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
thefunkybits
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:07:13 AM

It looks like DOGE is breaking out again tonight!

I've got my targets set at 90 satoshi for this run-up!

devphp

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:37:41 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2014, 06:01:26 AM by devphp

Dogecoin hashrate spiked from 70 GH/s to 570 GH/s and keeps growing after auxPoW feature was introduced. The hashrate could soon be exactly the same as Litecoin's hashrate as pools can mine both coins without any trouble simultaneously. Which effectively makes all 51% FUDsters shut up. Now that the only advantage of Litecoin is gone, and now that it can never compete with Dogecoin's marketing advantages and huge active community, Litecoin's days are numbered. By the end of 2014 marketcaps of both will be equal, if not sooner.
chaosknight

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:00:13 AM

Dogecoin hashrate spiked from 70 GH/s to 570 GH/s and keeps growing after auxPoW feature was introduced. The hashrate could soon be exactly the same as Litecoin's hashrate as pools can mine both coins without any trouble simultaneously. Which effectively makes all 51% FUDsters shut up. Now that the only advantage of Litecoin is gone, and now that it can never compete with Dogecoin's marketing advantages and huge active community, Litecoin's days are numbered. By the end of 2014 marketcaps of both will be equal, if not sooner.

Nice, it is more secure then ever.. no more 51%..
DieJohnny
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:50:19 AM

How is it that Litecoin miners are not just dumping their doge as they mine it, i am not understanding this run up. I thought it would be the opposite...

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
devphp

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:55:11 AM

How is it that Litecoin miners are not just dumping their doge as they mine it, i am not understanding this run up. I thought it would be the opposite...

They may be dumping it alright, so what? The block reward is low now and not enough to overcome buying pressure. Well, it's too premature to say that the buying pressure is large, because price is rising slowly, but at some point bulls will be stopped for a while.
DieJohnny
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:03:32 PM

They may be dumping it alright, so what? The block reward is low now and not enough to overcome buying pressure. Well, it's too premature to say that the buying pressure is large, because price is rising slowly, but at some point bulls will be stopped for a while.

I am not understanding who is buying this coin? Volume is third of all coins, which is a lot... I get the community, but the community in general has no money. So what are any big players thinking on this right now.

I am actually a fan of Doge but more from the standpoint that I don't think the coin is going to go away, not sure if I think this current price increase has staying power.

devphp

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:10:07 PM

I am not understanding who is buying this coin? Volume is third of all coins, which is a lot... I get the community, but the community in general has no money. So what are any big players thinking on this right now.

I am actually a fan of Doge but more from the standpoint that I don't think the coin is going to go away, not sure if I think this current price increase has staying power.

Dogecoin is seriously undervalued, look at market cap. Either that, or Litecoin is seriously overvalued. Anybody who does investing semi-professionally can stack pros and cons of both and balance the weights against each other. These are relative valuations though. Both coins could be worth zero tomorrow, but related to each other there is a large disbalance in valuation. So when you ask who is buying Dogecoin, first ask who is buying Litecoin and why? Because it makes zero sense to buy Litecoin now when you have a better Scrypt coin (better = better in qualities and much undervalued, two main qualities are marketing achievements and activity of community). I believe LTC and Doge disbalance in valuations will not last long, their market caps will be equal, maybe they will be equal at $50m or $100m, no idea, but they have to be, disbalances of the market don't last forever.
wheresmycoin

Activity: 654
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:15:41 PM

maybe the current runup in doge price is coming from here Huh Tongue

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=774058
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: