Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:14:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What should I do with 5k$ ? Sept[2014]  (Read 3482 times)
Assad

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 11:20:13 AM

While I agree with the others that buying bitcoin directly is the best option among the three options, OP would have a ~20% loss now if he did buy bitcoin in early Sept. It shouldn't be a big problem if you are planning for a long term investment and believe bitcoin price could go up many times in the coming years.

Loss would be bigger by investing in altcoins.

So Bitcoin is the lesser worse option, plus it can be used elsewhere
Testing123

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 11:35:13 AM

While I agree with the others that buying bitcoin directly is the best option among the three options, OP would have a ~20% loss now if he did buy bitcoin in early Sept. It shouldn't be a big problem if you are planning for a long term investment and believe bitcoin price could go up many times in the coming years.

Loss would be bigger by investing in altcoins.

So Bitcoin is the lesser worse option, plus it can be used elsewhere

Very true, altcoins has a much crazier fluctuations in their prices.

I have been here for over a year and watched how much the price can go up and down a lot, so a 20% drop isn't a big thing to me. But I guess it is pretty terrifying for newer bitcoiners like OP.

manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 11:06:50 PM

If you have big big balls and you have big big patience, buy Bitcoin with all of that, hold for a year and come back next x-mas for some nice presents.
Most people will panic along that long way tho.
Candystripes

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

***THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE***

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 12:47:02 AM

Not online since September 7th, 2014. Come on guys, why are you still posting on this thread? Does anyone even check dates anymore these days?

---------------------------------
No longer under the possession of Candystripes.
Account is currently dormant.
ChineseSavior

Activity: 366

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 04:08:33 AM

im still confused with these people say mining is not profitable.

Half of my mining funds go to electric every month. The rest help pay back for equipment. Hold the btc you mine and sell it today the following year. On top of that you still have the equipment to sell off.

most companies are working in upgrade solutions for there equipment

also the network has reached a point where it will be very difficult to make another large network jump into the petahash range. i.e. bitcoin is more stable...

There are two things incorrect on bitcoin mining calculators. One is the difficulty assumption and two is the fixed coin price. Both of these are assumed variables.

variables
BeginToMine

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

https://www.payaccept.net/

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 09:51:51 AM

Half of my mining funds go to electric every month. The rest help pay back for equipment. Hold the btc you mine and sell it today the following year. On top of that you still have the equipment to sell off.

also the network has reached a point where it will be very difficult to make another large network jump into the petahash range. i.e. bitcoin is more stable...

There are two things incorrect on bitcoin mining calculators. One is the difficulty assumption and two is the fixed coin price. Both of these are assumed variables.

variables

How muchdo you pay for electricity ?

Radelderth

Activity: 202

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 02:15:52 PM

variables

If you are now already paying half of your mining funds, your risk is really high. But if the difficulty halt then you still have a good chance to ROI. Its like gamble!!..

silvestar
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:14:45 AM

variables

If you are now already paying half of your mining funds, your risk is really high. But if the difficulty halt then you still have a good chance to ROI. Its like gamble!!..

Different people calculate the mining profitability differently based on their own electricity costs and expected difficulty increase rate. 3 months ago, who would have thought that bitcoin difficulty are going to drop?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:17:52 AM

alt scene is too dangerous imho, too many death coin and new one has no value, better to invest in bitcoin, maybe 50% only of what you want to invest
leen93

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:39:04 AM

just convert them all to bitcoins using a trustworthy exchange and transfer the bitcoins to a paper wallet so they can't be hacked. Then hide the paper wallet where nobody will find them and open the wallet again in 10 years when that is worth a few million $
Soha

Activity: 580
Merit: 502

185usd/day Money making guide check my signature!

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:58:27 AM

Buy Bitcoins and wait for the price to go up to 600?
Or fall down to 100 and lose 300  Grin Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5093954.0

185usd/day money making guide, guaranteed!
silvestar
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 10:20:25 AM

Buy Bitcoins and wait for the price to go up to 600?
Or fall down to 100 and lose 300  Grin Grin

While it is unlikely, it is possible and so everyone should only invest what he can lose but not all his life savings. Smiley
madmax6688

Activity: 215

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 11:03:16 AM

$2k should be invested into bitcoin and stored offline, paper wallets.

$1k into mining.

$2k into investments of other types such as altcoins or gambling site investments.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: