Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:20:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you have bitcoins and what is your strategy?  (Read 4938 times)
element6 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 08:26:43 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2014, 03:08:26 AM by element6

For me, I believe bitcoin will play a significant part of the financial system in the future. I just don't want to miss the boat.

Sure, maybe another 100 times increase is unlikely, but 10 fold is quite possible. It'll be great if bitcoin will be part of the banking system and transferring money will be cheap and hassle-free. Bitcoin can be an universal currency for internet and for travelling. If we have another financial crisis, I wonder how far bitcoin will go.

So, I have set aside a fixed amount of money to try to buy bitcoin periodically. I have a limit order a few dollars away from the market price and I wait for bitfinex to send me a fill email then I'll place another order.

What other strategies do you use and why do you buy bitcoin? Do you want to grow bitcoins and believe in its potential or are you just trading it to make a quick killing?

Update: Maximiser is part of my strategy to accumulate bitcoin when I don't want to guess the direction of the market.
http://www.coindesk.com/coinarch-brings-investment-banking-products-bitcoin/
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 08:58:15 AM

I have strong faith in BTC and try to accumulate as much as I can when the price decline a lot. I sometimes pay by BTC to help it grow.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:10:08 AM

Im here for social change as first priority and to get better resource allocation as a very close 2nd priority.   Im not interested in material wealth much beyond food/housing/transportation/not forced to work hard to survive.
Hikaru867

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:16:10 AM

I just think that Bitcoin will be major payment method in the future and It's price will grow up a lot so I just keep them to make money and also buy stuff.
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:18:21 AM

For me, I believe bitcoin will play a significant part of the financial system in the future. I just don't want to miss the boat.

Agree with you:) I really believe Bitcoin will be something big in the future.
And also Bitcoin help me doing transaction with anyone in the world. For strategies, i'm just holding it. Not doing trades cause i can't afford the risk.

MoonRise

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:22:26 AM

Not everyone here is using bitcoin due to it's profitability.It's profitable only when converted to fiats.The faith in technology holds most people to bitcoin
kromtar

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

contracorriente

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:50:23 AM

Technology should be used to build a healty society and i think bitcoin will do that.

Bitcoin just fit well with today technology and will be revolutionary for world economy and many other things, i believe...  Smiley

can't even clean my ass with fiat Sad
oceans

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:59:39 PM

I have bitcoins because I believe that bitcoin is the future and I believe we will see it become one of the bigger payment methods in years to come. Having bitcoins means I am prepared for when that time comes Smiley
Ardenyham
Legendary

Activity: 980

Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 11:16:38 PM

Because Bitcoin is very interesting project, and I like the fact I dont need middleman to be able to pay with Bitcoins - it mean responsibility to keep my coins safe though (but it is usefull skill for everyone Smiley).
element6 (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 11:35:58 PM

Because Bitcoin is very interesting project, and I like the fact I dont need middleman to be able to pay with Bitcoins - it mean responsibility to keep my coins safe though (but it is usefull skill for everyone Smiley).

keeping the coins safe is actually a pain, to be honest. I think when the banks realize the importance of bitcoin and start to embrace it, we'll deposit bitcoin into the banks. The bank just has to find other ways to make money
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 11:37:55 PM

I have bitcoins because I believe that bitcoin is the future and I believe we will see it become one of the bigger payment methods in years to come. Having bitcoins means I am prepared for when that time comes Smiley

nothing more to say, i think exactly this.

My estrategy is to buy lot of ghs and be ready for the BOOMMM Wink

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 11:48:28 PM

Why do you have bitcoins?
Cause I'm mad smart and rationally self-interested. And because I love reason and loathe violence.

What is your strategy?

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
pythonista

Activity: 35

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 11:51:14 PM

Im holding a few bitcoins just for sentimental value. My strategy is to hold BTC and suffer 10%/annum inflation and watch as my money gets bled dry to pay for miners.
montreal

Activity: 328

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 12:03:32 AM

Bitcoin has a lot of potential moving forward. Capital continues to flow into startup companies, more user friendly platforms are constantly being developed to buy/sell/store/spend bitcoin, more retailers are adopting, more atms, transactions and wallets steadily increasing, etc. I like all the growth. My strategy is to hopefully hold for years to come, and one day be wealthier because I took the risk of investing when many were not willing to. If everything comes crashing down, it won't be devastating for me financially because I haven't invested that much

DAEX ◄► RELIABLE CLEARING ECOSYSTEM ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ANNWHITEPAPERBOUNTY 
Nawaytes

Activity: 476
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 01:31:30 AM

why i have bitcoin ?
absolutely because i am in digital modern era  Grin bitcoin is a good project for digital currency,

my strategy ?
HOLD, and Invest some bitcoin to gain in future  Undecided
madken7777

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 01:46:35 AM

Not holding anymore bitcoin.

Seems like the high price of btc has attracted a lot of people who have no ideal what they are doing. Plus, the bubble of altcoins and eventual busting of altcoins make me bearish on the outlook of btc.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 01:53:55 AM

I have Bitcoins because I mined them in 2011-2012 plus a few other things I did to collect them. My strategy is to sell them all when the value reaches $2.5 million. They need to reach at least $1,310 each and the then current transaction volume needs to be high enough for me not to effect the market price during the sale (although I could do it slowly over a few weeks if the price stays relatively stable).

commandrix

Activity: 798

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 02:40:26 AM

My strategy is simply to earn more through both content writing and some day trading on Mintpal. It seems to work so far though I can't claim any obscene profits yet.
Jay Gatsby

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 02:46:39 AM

I have bitcoin because I see it as an investment and most importantly the technology behind it is genious. It has HUGE potential, and I want to do whatever I can to help build the infrastructure, so bitcoin can grow and achieve mass adoption.
cyberpinoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 03:13:46 AM

When Bitcoin emerged I was a Forex trader,I watched closely as it grew and grew, After battling the big banks, the collusion and manipulation of Forex market and getting out with a nice profit I saw many new currencies emerging in the crypto world. I found a portal in to a new trading position. And one where I in fact did not need to spend any money to get involved. The ability to mine and other handy portals make getting into crypto very easy. So I jumped in while I could.

I have a hope bitcoin will succeed, but with every passing month I see this shining hope dissipate away with unsupported development plans, unknowledgeable trading methods, no creation of demand and more and more coin dumping businesses jumping on board every day. What bitcoin needs is high dollar long term investors, and it can not get those, because it has pressured and concentrated so hard on picking up business to utilize the coin,they did not evaluate the situation before making this decision. Picking up companies like Dell and other large manufactures may seem AWESOME to most people but it in fact hurts Bitcoins value, Dell pays for thier manufacturing products with Fiat, they pay for the labor with Fiat so when a company like dell picks up the use of Bitcoins it does not create a demand but rather give kids who already have bitcoin a way to spend them. then in turn Dell has no choice but to dump them every 2 weeks. That with the mines out there, and you have a huge dumping game. the only thing securing the value of bitcoins right now is the tradable market, without a real demand Bitcoin will go back down to 20 dollars a coin and stay there. Just look at the charts since we got Dell, it lowers in value every 2 weeks, started at over 640 dollars, dropped to 620, then 600 then 580 then 540 then 500 now we are resting securely in the 477 range, next week it will be 460 to 450 and it will continue this decline until 1 of 2 things happens, either we get some high dollar investors, (which is not going to happen) or the developers of Bitcoin get off their ass and make a true demand for their coin, because a currency that has a value based strictly on trading,  has no true value at all.

ADDITIONAL NOTE FOR BITCOIN DEVELOPERS: (in hopes they read this stuff HAHA)

Stop playing this "Bitcoin is in its infancy"

Heres a little common sense for you, bitcoins is 5 years old right, ask yourself is a 5 year old child an infant? no it is not, a 5 year old child is exactly what its parents have made it, if that child is smart and developed child its because the parents did their job correctly, if the 5 year old can not read or write, does not know thier colors or numbers, its because the parents failed at their job to develop their child into an intelligent being. Bitcoin Developers you are the parents, Bitcoin is your child, ask yourself is bitcoin a well developed child?? Allow me to answer NO it is not, it is not strong, it is not independent, it has no demand, you are failing at your jobs as parents. Wake up before you child no longer exists.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: