Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:44:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you have bitcoins and what is your strategy?  (Read 4938 times)
Adamcheek

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 05:35:04 AM

With bitcoin falling so damn hard nowadays, my hopes are kinda crushed. A lot of people are saying it'll rise up to $2k per coin though, which would be pretty cool.
sandykho47

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

Knowledge its everything

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:28:12 PM

I have bitcoin to get more bitcoin  Grin
and get promo

My plan is :
-Trading (Most people already do it)
-Signature-Ad Campaign
-Other else

For me, I believe bitcoin will play a significant part of the financial system in the future. I just don't want to miss the boat.
Why do I have bitcoins you ask.  To buy things of course Smiley
Couldn't resist the 10% discount over cash that Newegg was offering, with 10.5 million products to choose from.
Dell did the same "Dell offering 10% discount when purchasing Alienware with Bitcoin".
Why would you want to pay with cash and end up paying 10% more, makes no sense to use Credit Cards or Cash.
Those days are gone Smiley

And some people sell games cheapter if you pay with bitcoin  Grin

Kemampuanku Tidak semua orang memiliki dan dapat melakukannya . Tidak memakan kaum sendiri . dan mempunyai kode etik yang tidak masuk akal.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 03:35:57 PM

Why do I have Bitcoins?

Because I believe in the technology longterm, it's potential, and am sick of the credit card companies and banking system.

What is my strategy?

BUY, HODL, and ACCUMULATE more BTC's.   Cool

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:20:36 PM

I believe bitcoin and its technology will help usher in a new economy where resources and capital become more widely distributed and the decisions as to how they are used will be made in a more democratic way.

Campsis

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

WW3

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:37:00 PM

When Bitcoin emerged I was a Forex trader,I watched closely as it grew and grew, After battling the big banks, the collusion and manipulation of Forex market and getting out with a nice profit I saw many new currencies emerging in the crypto world. I found a portal in to a new trading position. And one where I in fact did not need to spend any money to get involved. The ability to mine and other handy portals make getting into crypto very easy. So I jumped in while I could.

I have a hope bitcoin will succeed, but with every passing month I see this shining hope dissipate away with unsupported development plans, unknowledgeable trading methods, no creation of demand and more and more coin dumping businesses jumping on board every day. What bitcoin needs is high dollar long term investors, and it can not get those, because it has pressured and concentrated so hard on picking up business to utilize the coin,they did not evaluate the situation before making this decision. Picking up companies like Dell and other large manufactures may seem AWESOME to most people but it in fact hurts Bitcoins value, Dell pays for thier manufacturing products with Fiat, they pay for the labor with Fiat so when a company like dell picks up the use of Bitcoins it does not create a demand but rather give kids who already have bitcoin a way to spend them. then in turn Dell has no choice but to dump them every 2 weeks. That with the mines out there, and you have a huge dumping game. the only thing securing the value of bitcoins right now is the tradable market, without a real demand Bitcoin will go back down to 20 dollars a coin and stay there. Just look at the charts since we got Dell, it lowers in value every 2 weeks, started at over 640 dollars, dropped to 620, then 600 then 580 then 540 then 500 now we are resting securely in the 477 range, next week it will be 460 to 450 and it will continue this decline until 1 of 2 things happens, either we get some high dollar investors, (which is not going to happen) or the developers of Bitcoin get off their ass and make a true demand for their coin, because a currency that has a value based strictly on trading,  has no true value at all.

ADDITIONAL NOTE FOR BITCOIN DEVELOPERS: (in hopes they read this stuff HAHA)

Stop playing this "Bitcoin is in its infancy"

Heres a little common sense for you, bitcoins is 5 years old right, ask yourself is a 5 year old child an infant? no it is not, a 5 year old child is exactly what its parents have made it, if that child is smart and developed child its because the parents did their job correctly, if the 5 year old can not read or write, does not know thier colors or numbers, its because the parents failed at their job to develop their child into an intelligent being. Bitcoin Developers you are the parents, Bitcoin is your child, ask yourself is bitcoin a well developed child?? Allow me to answer NO it is not, it is not strong, it is not independent, it has no demand, you are failing at your jobs as parents. Wake up before you child no longer exists.

Took my time to read this

CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:41:05 PM

Why do you have bitcoins and what is your strategy?

I have my BTC, to buy cheap and sell expensive.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 10:35:54 PM

I want to become a rich guy! Want to get dog, a house. Live the dream. I want to have a mansion, want to have two womens at once. I want to get up at the sunrise and get in my own sportcar. And i hope that amazing digital currency will help me to achive my goals.

Even if bitcoin doesnt take off, you can probably still get a dog :-)

onestar2021

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 02:15:30 AM

for me, I hold BTC just because I have faith in it will be the most popular payment system in the whole world sooner or later. it can help me to pay for the bill, clothes, food and the most important is it can help me to pay for the transaction without paying the fee while I make a big business with other company. Cool
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 04:01:38 AM

My strategy is about hoarding BTC while using some to trade cryptocurrencies & fiat.  Cool Hopefully trying to avoid outcomes like the ones of previous economic bubbles (e.g. the Tulip bubble, the South Sea bubble,  the dot-com bubble, the Chinese stock bubble of 2007, the Uranium bubble of 2007, etc.  Grin

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:20:27 AM

I am basically holding bitcoin as a hedge against fiat currency, and I like the libertarian side of it also.  Despite being in the financial industry, I am tired of big banks and the Fed having a vice grip on monetary policy. 

I am pretty confident about the long term success of BTC, and I think the price right now is truly a steal in the grand scheme of things...

My strategy is basically to buy and hold.   Try and buy more so on the dips, and try to keep your dollar cost average as low as possible.  When spending BTC, I try to support businesses that are only accepting BTC only.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 05:01:07 AM

I want to become a rich guy! Want to get dog, a house. Live the dream. I want to have a mansion, want to have two womens at once. I want to get up at the sunrise and get in my own sportcar. And i hope that amazing digital currency will help me to achive my goals.

Two women at once?  So you want bitcoin to be worth a million each and that might not be enough. lol

JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 4505

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 06:52:35 AM

Getting a dog, house, sports car and multiple women is easy.

Even becoming rich and getting a mansion aren't all that difficult if that's what you're after.

Getting up at sunrise? That's just silly. I thought half the reason for accumulating wealth is to not have to get up at sunrise like some pathetic employee prole.

I'm sorry. Sunrise is past my bedtime.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 07:46:45 AM

the developers of Bitcoin get off their ass and make a true demand for their coin, because a currency that has a value based strictly on trading,  has no true value at all.

You are such an ass really. Have any idea what open source is? Assuming somebody owes you something while you have most probably contributed absolutely zero, nothing, to the success of bitcoin? Yeah right, that's how it works. Go and do something, or quit your silly complaining. Nobody owes you anything. It is a community project, and you are the bad part of the community.

i am satoshi
SilentJohn

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 11:51:23 AM

Buy cheap and HODL!
arieq

Activity: 364
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 12:28:12 PM

My strategy is very simple: if bitcoin's price goes up, I'm selling some, if it goes down, I'm buying more. IMO, in trending markets like Bitcoin it prevents bagholding and it prevents missing the train when the price moonrockets

keithers
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 11:40:03 PM

I understand that people need to live, and also need access to their money, but if you can afford to, I think the best strategy would be not to sell any BTC at all.   Spend the money that you make from your salary or paychecks, and keep adding some to your BTC holdings.

Even if you are "selling high" and "buying low"  you will be missing out on the holding until it is "sky high" 

I think people need to be reminded that there will only be 21 mill BTC, which is not even enough for each person in California to have just 1 (let alone the entire world).   So when this thing becomes grand scale...and it eventually will, the more BTC you have, the better...
guzazaza

Activity: 60

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 03:33:52 AM

I want to be a part of history that is why I keep my coins
log2exp

Activity: 176
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 03:44:28 AM

Participate in this experiment, witness mistakes by centralized political structures around the world.
keithers
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 04:50:42 AM

The continuous bleed in prices still has not made me waiver from my strategy of buying on the dips and just holding. Because we have gone down so far i have bought much more than i was planning on
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 05:09:46 AM

What if this slow and steady decline is the price of Bitcoin falling down to a level that represents the increased volume of Bitcoin trading due to Paypal, Dell, and other retailers accepting it for payment? What if this price settling will make Bitcoin more affordable to the masses? What if this stability is the foundation upon which Bitcoin can be seen as a viable currency for the future?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: