Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:21:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Random Idea?!  (Read 1479 times)
cyberhelix (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 05:33:45 AM

Just curious,

1. Has anyone built a rig with an A8 and a 7970/7990 card?

2. It may be possible for Rigs to be built and all but given to customers as servers.
The Diablominer could run in the GPU and the OS could utilize the rest of the computer as upgrades to customer equipt.

They get new servers/pc's and the electric bill... I get the Coins.

3. I also thought, I could give the drafting departments to a few companies new GPU cards, they use them during the day and at night they just leave them on. Schedule a Diablominer task that starts at 6:00pm and stops at 6:00am

Just thinking out loud...     
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yochdog
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 02:23:55 PM

Just curious,

2. It may be possible for Rigs to be built and all but given to customers as servers.
The Diablominer could run in the GPU and the OS could utilize the rest of the computer as upgrades to customer equipt.

3. I also thought, I could give the drafting departments to a few companies new GPU cards, they use them during the day and at night they just leave them on. Schedule a Diablominer task that starts at 6:00pm and stops at 6:00am

You are contemplating theft/fraud out loud.   Good work. 

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
cyberhelix (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 03:30:06 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2012, 12:07:33 AM by cyberhelix

You are contemplating theft/fraud out loud.   Good work.  

You're ridiculous...

I said, "They get new servers/pc's and the electric bill... I get the Coins"
Do you think they would be getting new equiptment for free and not know why?

Either your definition of fraud is skewed or you're just ignorant...

You're assuming what I was suggesting that I tell them that they needed a new server, make them buy it and then steal time/electric.

... just because your mind works that way, lets not ASSume that everyone elses does...

BTW -"Milk was a bad choice"
"You ate a whole wheel of cheese, Im not even mad, thats amazing!"

Love me some Anchorman  Cheesy
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 03:34:18 PM

Your ridiculous...

Either your definition of fraud is scewed or your just ignorant...

Your assuming what I was suggesting that I tell them that they needed a new server, make them buy it and then steal time/electric.

... just because your mind works that way, lets not ASSume that everyone elses does...

Not touching this with a 10 foot pole. If you are so inclined, go ahead and see what happens.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
cyberhelix (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 03:39:13 PM

Funny story,

I have already ask the customer I had in mind, (their equipt is serca 1995)
They said bring it on... I guess they thought it was a good idea.

They told me, Free servers in trade for electricity... done.

So I guess I will get free electricity...  Grin

deus-ex-machina

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 03:40:43 PM

If they agree to it and you tell them what they are agreeing to, do it.
yochdog
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 04:03:35 PM

Just curious,

You lost me there.

If you are saying the client agrees to the arrangement, then more power to you.

You are simply offering long term, open ended financing. 

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
Nancarrow

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 04:09:27 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2012, 11:33:25 AM by Nancarrow

Update: as the OP has now corrected the offending post, the notice below has become a general public service announcement. Learn your grammar or you're going to burn in hell forever!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like your attention for a moment, if you're going to make posts like number 3:

You are = You're

'Your' is a possessive adjective.

That is all.

If I've said anything amusing and/or informative and you're feeling generous:
1GNJq39NYtf7cn2QFZZuP5vmC1mTs63rEW
MelMan2002

Activity: 461
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 04:16:57 PM

I would like your attention for a moment, if you're going to make posts like number 3:

You are = You're

That is all.

Drives you crazy too, eh?  Guess that makes two of us on the intertubes.

19F6veduCZcudwXuWoVosjmzziQz4EhBPS
ragingazn628

Activity: 714

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2012, 05:57:06 PM

Your ridiculous...

Either your definition of fraud is scewed or your just ignorant...

Your assuming what I was suggesting that I tell them that they needed a new server, make them buy it and then steal time/electric.

Not touching this with a 10 foot pole. If you are so inclined, go ahead and see what happens.

FFS it's YOU'RE - YOU ARE

YOUR = BELONG TO YOU
YOU'RE = YOU ARE
cyberhelix (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 10:58:16 PM

You are = You're

That is all.

I fixed it,

I am from Texas... We are all just dumb hillbillies.

But, Our girls are hot Smiley

Chug Chug
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2012, 11:02:24 PM

You are = You're

That is all.
I have tried very hard to avoid commenting on this till now. It seems to be a bitcoin miner language special. That and "payed".  It almost feels like it's in every 2nd post on these forums. Sigh...

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 06:40:42 PM

You guys are ridiculous.

In this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=76438.0

The OP is talking about surreptitiously injecting mining code onto a viewers machine and people are aiding him in his endeavour.  Then this OP has an idea of using downtime to mine and everyone jumps on him for fraud.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 06:49:40 PM

I don't see how this could be considered fraud, unless the OP didn't intend to tell the buyer that the free to him server runs arbitrary code for the provider.  Nor can I see how this business model could work out, but it's not fraud if the user knows that he doesn't really own the computer.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 09:31:21 PM

You guys are ridiculous.

In this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=76438.0

The OP is talking about surreptitiously injecting mining code onto a viewers machine and people are aiding him in his endeavour.  Then this OP has an idea of using downtime to mine and everyone jumps on him for fraud.

In that thread the person that did that did not inform the website visitor...it was running code slowing the system down. If there was a notice on the page, or an option to disable it, that would have made the situation slightly more acceptable.

In regards to this situation, as long as you inform the customer about the extra power and cooling costs associated with their new server...and they agree to it, you should be fine.
tarrant_01

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 11:17:20 AM

I've had this idea too.  I am working out a deal with a friend at the moment selling a gaming computer to him and letting the BTC it generates help him pay for it.  It won't be much but it'll help him though.

1P95gCUCw3Tjb7yyoYtW3ARZZQyTpFgk6H
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: