Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:00:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I start escrow?  (Read 3318 times)
MasterOwel (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Life is my dream, what is yours?

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 04:08:25 PM

The title pretty much says it all. What would I have to do around the forums in order to start an escrow service?

How should I gain trust and what routes should I take?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RCHumphrey

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 04:10:54 PM

Just don't bother...

There are hundreds of better options ahead of you in the pecking order and it will take months to build up rep here. Even the fact that you've stated you want to start escrowing in my opinion reflects negatively since you might be keen to buy trust etc...
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 04:16:44 PM

Just don't bother...

There are hundreds of better options ahead of you in the pecking order and it will take months to build up rep here. Even the fact that you've stated you want to start escrowing in my opinion reflects negatively since you might be keen to buy trust etc...

I wouldn't "not bother" just know that there are trusted members already offering escrow.  Everyone has to start somewhere but the market for escrowing has come and is done.
RCHumphrey

Activity: 470

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 04:20:32 PM

Just don't bother...

I wouldn't "not bother" just know that there are trusted members already offering escrow.  Everyone has to start somewhere but the market for escrowing has come and is done.
Everyone starts somewhere, but you can't just choose to be an escrow from a point where you have no rep, it doesn't work like that in my opinion.
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 04:22:58 PM

Just don't bother...

Everyone starts somewhere, but you can't just choose to be an escrow from a point where you have no rep, it doesn't work like that in my opinion.

True, often people gain trust slowly by engaging in trades naturally (buying and sell stuff) then decide to also help out with escrowing.
xinzark
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 04:28:07 PM

its not tat easy most likely when ppl ask is they wan to do scam , but since u askedy know d what u shud already know . first you need to makw a lot od trade n be active on the forum they way u post ur msg will make ppl trust abput u or not .
leannemckim46

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 11:43:34 PM

Just don't bother...

I don't think this is good advice. Before other people will trust you to serve as escrow they will first need to trust you (meaning there is evidence they successfully completed trades and did not attempt to scam yet had the opportunity to do so).

If you trade enough then people will eventually start to trust you enough to send their bitcoin before you send the product you are selling (however you should not insist on this). If/when this happens successfully it will happen more often and eventually enough people will trust you enough for both parties to serve as escrow.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
oceans

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:35:01 AM

I would not say don't use escrow as I still feel it will be beneficial to you however the best way to start is to get yourself a good reputation by maybe trading with people on the forums and other recommended places. It will take time but the outcome will be worth it. You basically need to get yourself a good reputation so that people know you are not a scammer yourself.
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:11:07 AM

Normally I would agree with the do not bother comment (espeaclly in starting escrow); however based on your geo location you might be at an advantage.
Perhaps someone has some physical goods they need an escrow the hold. and maybe just maybe you are located the cloest to them. Bit of a long shot but it costs you nothing to do. Getting some real trust would help to. And not just selling like 7 cents worth of BTC to 3 people to get some added.... actual feedback which shows you buy or sell considerable amounrs or at least help out the community.

Just don't bother...

dankkk

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 01:50:30 AM

I would not say don't use escrow as I still feel it will be beneficial to you however the best way to start is to get yourself a good reputation by maybe trading with people on the forums and other recommended places. It will take time but the outcome will be worth it. You basically need to get yourself a good reputation so that people know you are not a scammer yourself.
The OP is trying to start an escrow service, not to initiate escrow for a pending trade. I agree that it is important to use escrow anytime you are wanting to trade with someone.

If the OP were to do a lot of trades then eventually people will be willing to not use escrow when they trust him enough. When enough people trust you like this then eventually people will want to use you to make sure they will be protected.
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:56:33 PM

The only way you can do it is to build up feedback and trades over time. If you're a familiar figure and trustworthy around the forums people may ask you to hold money for small deals. Trying to rush becoming an escrow can set off red flags, though.
btcracer1

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:34:30 PM

Not all the common users could escrow, for example you would trust me?
I don't think so Smiley
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 07:37:55 PM

Where is a list of top escrows?

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:06:42 PM

Where is a list of top escrows?

I know of two top escrow lists; but they don't seem to be updated very frequently:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=276897.0 (last updated August, this year)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108716.0 (last updated July, this year)
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 11:10:35 AM

Better forget this idea forever  Wink
GlooBoy
Copper Member

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

Leave everything to me!

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 03:55:52 AM

I never even thought of becoming a escrow. Its just something that happened.
I've been offering free escrow service in bitcoin-OTC for almost 2 years now.

And now with the bitRated.com service, i don't even have to be involved unless there is a dispute.

Unless you have trust, no-one would ever use your service.

Good Luck

GLooBoy @ OTC--LBC--BitRated -- GPG ID: A23D510BD6E310D3
Beginner and Expert Level FREE Escrow for All | GiftCards for Crypto -- Cryfter.com from 2012 to 2017
coiners99

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 07:10:36 PM

watching it.. hope got best advice
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: