Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:03:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Knc miners worth it?  (Read 1490 times)
sectrgt (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 01:33:28 AM

Looking into getting a knc miner neptune. Is the price good for its hashrate and are they reliable? Will they break down right after i buy them? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ncsupanda
Legendary

Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 01:35:56 AM

Looking into getting a knc miner neptune. Is the price good for its hashrate and are they reliable? Will they break down right after i buy them? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I've heard one of the biggest issues people have with buying KnC miners are actually getting the units to them in one piece - They had a long running problem with being shipped in poor conditions and not enough packaging. As far as actually breaking down, I haven't heard of anyone having a huge issue minus a control board messing up here and there. They seem dependable as long as they show up in one piece.

As far as prices go, always try to get as many GH/s as you can with spending the last $/GH. Shop around! It's all about how much your power bill costs, etc.

Good luck.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 01:45:53 AM

Thanks

Are you too lazy to look in the official thread? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.0

I advise you to stay away from KnC. Don't take my word. Do your own research in the official thread starting from the latest posts.

kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 01:52:04 AM

I have ot say KnC failed preety much now ;x I do have their miners but im not happy too much - 5 fucking boxes, loads of PSU power + this controller is so crappy.. I had to reset it few times

sectrgt (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 02:02:03 AM

Thanks

I've heard one of the biggest issues people have with buying KnC miners are actually getting the units to them in one piece - They had a long running problem with being shipped in poor conditions and not enough packaging. As far as actually breaking down, I haven't heard of anyone having a huge issue minus a control board messing up here and there. They seem dependable as long as they show up in one piece.

As far as prices go, always try to get as many GH/s as you can with spending the last $/GH. Shop around! It's all about how much your power bill costs, etc.

Good luck.
What miner would you recommend then?
ncsupanda
Legendary

Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 02:10:21 AM

Thanks

Good luck.

I no longer mine SHA-256. Only Scrypt.
sectrgt (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 02:12:17 AM

Thanks

Good luck.

I no longer mine SHA-256. Only Scrypt.
What kind of setup do you use and how much income do you have per day?
BitcoinPappi
Legendary

Activity: 915
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 04:08:03 AM

Stay away from KNC. Get the SP31 or Bitmain S3
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:55:24 AM

If the goal is to make profits I would skip mining and do what the rest of the world does everyday and start a business that accepts Bitcoin.  That pizza parlor made more BTC than most farms will ever make  Cheesy
kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 01:49:17 PM

Yep thats true!

negerkolle

Activity: 59

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 03:22:28 PM

Use the money to buy coins instead. Thank me later Wink
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 03:30:24 PM

No miners are worth it at the moment.  Not Knc, not Spondoolies, not Bitmain, etc..

Unless you have free electricity or cheap electrical costs under $0.10 k/WH it's not worth it.  You would have to compete against the likes of this to gain profit:

If you choosing just get BTC's for a few hundred or a few grand even, just buy it out right, it's more than you'd ever mine back with the miner/electrical/cooling investment.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
lowbander80
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:31:19 PM

KNC has no respected buyers, kept them waiting for long time and mined with their money!!!
this behaviour has to be returned back so they know what they do wrong...
I have 3 KNC jupiters they dont give me any trouble but have not in my hands any neptunes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: