Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:15:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cloud mining question  (Read 1017 times)
Apu2014 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 01:23:41 PM

i am new at bitcoin mining, like a week ago hear about it. is cloud mining profitable? i have checked pbmining.com and hashprofit.com it's like within 5~6month people can get the money whatever they invested. and isn't much better than house mining? like they will do all the work? only question is how legit are they. coz if they run like this way people would be rich super fast. yearly 100% profit  Huh
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 02:08:27 PM

Cloud mining is a lose-lose situation for getting a return on your investment. There's a reason why cloud mining companies don't but a return calculator on their site.  You aren't even mining, you're just investing in their infrastructure for a partial dividend. The control what's mined, when you're paid, and you have no control other than giving them more money.

Read this article:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=739510.0

negerkolle

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 03:21:23 PM

I wish people would just use their money to buy coins instead of giving it away to these semi-scammers. At this point in time you will be better of 99% of the time buying coins instead of investing in any form of mining, and maybe the coin value will start going up if more people did this  Cool
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 06:18:31 PM

i am new at bitcoin mining, like a week ago hear about it. is cloud mining profitable? i have checked pbmining.com and hashprofit.com it's like within 5~6month people can get the money whatever they invested. and isn't much better than house mining? like they will do all the work? only question is how legit are they. coz if they run like this way people would be rich super fast. yearly 100% profit  Huh

Today you give them $1000 and buy a 5 year contract.  5 weeks from now their website disappears and you have 4 years 47 weeks of contract left.  Good luck with that.

Unless you can be certain there is a real company with real hardware and a real location they can be operating a ponzi and you wouldn't know.
Apu2014 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:27:29 PM

so is it good idea mining from home? or it's a bad business? say i want to make 2 bit coing/m what kind of rig i should need? should i use my own pc or better to buy machine which is made only for mining?
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 03:33:20 PM

so is it good idea mining from home? or it's a bad business? say i want to make 2 bit coing/m what kind of rig i should need? should i use my own pc or better to buy machine which is made only for mining?
You'll need dedicated mining hardware.  You also need to realize that to maintain a steady income, you must constantly add hashing power to your mining operation to deal with the difficulty adjustments.

You need to do a ton more research.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:46:23 PM

Depends on what your goal is.  If you want to make a profit then yes it is a bad idea since pretty much every home user will lose by mining (at least presently).  If you find mining more enjoyable than the money you're losing then it's worth it.

As johnnybravo0311 stated above you can't maintain a continuous 2 bitcoin income rate - you would need to add hardware every difficulty decrease (or conceivably remove hardware should the difficulty fall - that hasn't happened in 1.5 years).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: