Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:29:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BREAKING: PAY PAL INTEGRATES BITCOIN  (Read 11266 times)
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:35:13 PM

PayPal is going to needa  chunk of bitcoin in order to provide this service as well.

No they won't.  If you actually look into it instead of prognosticating without information you would see that the only thing they are doing are allowing merchants who sign up with coinbase to integrate coinbase using the braintree API.  This will lead to more coinbase merchants, but Braintree/PayPal/Ebay is not taking any bitcoin risk at this point.

At this point, I probably know just as much as you do about it unless you'd like to prove me wrong.

Well, I've at least watched the announcement and read the blogs.

http://blog.coinbase.com/post/96987622472/braintree-partners-with-coinbase-to-accept-bitcoin
https://www.braintreepayments.com/blog/goodbye-passwords-one-touch-hello-bitcoin

Anyways, I'm talking long term.

Like I said, prognosticating without information.

Hmmm, that's the same information I have.

What's wrong with prognosticating anyways?

What's wrong is you are stating it as fact without any evidence.  If you labelled it as prognostication or expressed that it was merely an opinion, I wouldn't have called you out.  You know I've defended you countless times, but lately you've mostly just been a cocky ass perma bull troll.  There's nothing wrong with being a perma bull, but you'll get a lot more out of all the time you spend here if you work on dropping the cocky ass troll bit.

What I said was no more speculative than 99.9% of what others have "prognosticated"  here in the Speculation Forum.  If you've depended on what I've said and lost money, I apologize for that.

This reminds me of the depths of 2011 when the price kept going down. People were all depressed and short tempered and I got alot of the same criticism you're venting on me right now.  That's Ok. I can take it. Perhaps instead of cocky ass troll, you might consider describing me as "repeatedly wrong"  on this down turn. That I could accept better and maybe what is what you really want to say.

Everybody's doing it.... great reason to avoid intellectual rigor Roll Eyes.  And no, I haven't depended on what you say.  As a former subscriber, I know your bitcoin advice is worthless because it is always the same.  I said what I wanted to say, but you are free to interpret it however you want to in order to preserve your ego.  I just miss the old cypherdoc who was still trying to figure things out.  This new cyperdoc who thinks he knows everything is annoying.  But maybe I just put too much importance on maintaining "beginners mind" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoshin).

There is not much intellectual rigor one can apply to the PayPal situation. We all know the same information, which at this point is minimal. Any prognostications one might apply are based on one's assessment of human action and game theory looking forward into the future. Yes, I don't think in the long run PayPal has any intention of sticking with Coinbase if they find out accepting Bitcoin is a viable situation.  They have the ability and capacity to bring it all in house. Otherwise, they would be forfeiting loads top what is in essence a start up competitor.

BTW, I'm curious. As a sub of mine when the price was $2-4, did you take my worthless advice? A generally accepted strategy around here is to hodl. Have you and how is that such a bad thing to recommend in retrospect? Much of what I was doing on my newsletter, and what I've admitted all along,  was hand holding trying not to have subs dump on the way up at 10, 20, 30... Did you?

Since you asked, my plan all along was to hold on to as much as I could.  As a sub of yours, I was hoping to be able to increase my holdings.  Instead, I paid you more than 10 BTC to be told what I already knew.  The other information in your newsletter was interesting and valuable, but I don't have anywhere near enough assets to be able to trade those markets without giving up my position in BTC.

now you're not being fair.  you aren't giving me credit for all those times you personally emailed asking this or that bear question.  and every time i told you to hodl and be patient.  you keep bringing up the 10 btc.  you think ppl like me give out free info during a time when i was running a newsletter business for profit?  do you think you were the only one?  i don't have one other sub who's been complaining like you who also subbed back during that time.  like i said, i fully admit that what i was doing was hand holding less experienced investors so they wouldn't cash out before the big move(s).  but i made intellectual arguments as to why.  and that, in retrospect, turns out to have been extremely valuable advice, as my own acct can attest to.  and should yours, if you actually followed my advice.

and as for intellectual rigor, you know that my newsletter and now my gold thread is filled with all sorts of news article links, quotes, charts, graphs, statistics, references to the Fed charts, game theory, historical perspectives, contextual interpretation, etc, etc.  i don't see many others putting up data like that around here, do you?  These all are meant to support my bull case and put context to it.  my argument all along is that Bitcoin doesn't exist in a compartment, like many were arguing back in 2011. yes, my arguments must get tiring but fact of the matter is, i don't see anything has changed fundamentally.  and in fact, the contextual argument dynamically changes everyday, which is why i keep up what you call "trolling".  i call it realtime feedback from the real economy that helps keep focus.  at least for me.

sheesh.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:39:56 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2014, 04:06:51 PM by notme

...trim...

now you're not being fair.  you aren't giving me credit for all those times you personally emailed asking this or that bear question.  and every time i told you to hodl and be patient.

I give you permission to publish any emails I have sent you.  Please post a single example.  (If you want to save some time, don't bother looking.  I have 5 threads in my sent mailbox involving you, and not a single one is a "bear question" or in any way indicates I am uncertain about bitcoin's potential.)

you keep bringing up the 10 btc.  you think ppl like me give out free info during a time when i was running a newsletter business for profit?  do you think you were the only one?  i don't have one other sub who's been complaining like you who also subbed back during that time.  like i said, i fully admit that what i was doing was hand holding less experienced investors so they wouldn't cash out before the big move.  and that, in retrospect, turns out to have been extremely valuable advice, as my own acct can attest to.  and should yours, if you actually followed my advice.

I only went into it because you asked me about my experience as a subscriber.

and as for intellectual rigor, you know that my newsletter and now my gold thread is filled with all sorts of news article links, quotes, charts, graphs, statistics, references to the Fed charts, game theory, historical perspectives, contextual interpretation, etc, etc.  i don't see many others putting up data like that around here, do you?  These all are meant to support my bull case and put context to it.  my argument all along is that Bitcoin doesn't exist in a compartment, like many were arguing back in 2011. yes, my arguments must get tiring but fact of the matter is, i don't see anything has changed fundamentally.  and in fact, the contextual argument dynamically changes everyday, which is why i keep up what you call "trolling".  i call it realtime feedback from the real economy that helps keep focus.  at least for me.

sheesh.

I appreciate when you are rigorous.  I don't appreciate it when you make one line posts that sound like statements of fact but are backed by nothing.  That's all I was trying to say, but you got awefully defensive very quickly.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:08:23 PM

...trim...

now you're not being fair.  you aren't giving me credit for all those times you personally emailed asking this or that bear question.  and every time i told you to hodl and be patient.

I give you permission to publish any emails I have sent you.  Please post a single example.  (If you want to save some time, don't bother looking.  I have 5 threads in my sent mailbox involving you, and not a single one is a "bear question" or in any way indicates I am uncertain about bitcoin's potential).

maybe you can send me those 5 emails as i'm having trouble looking thru gmail's archives.  it's possible i'm not remembering correctly although i know we communicated several times and usually it was when ppl were doubtful.
you keep bringing up the 10 btc.  you think ppl like me give out free info during a time when i was running a newsletter business for profit?  do you think you were the only one?  i don't have one other sub who's been complaining like you who also subbed back during that time.  like i said, i fully admit that what i was doing was hand holding less experienced investors so they wouldn't cash out before the big move.  and that, in retrospect, turns out to have been extremely valuable advice, as my own acct can attest to.  and should yours, if you actually followed my advice.

I only went into it because you asked me about my experience as a subscriber.

and this is about the 3rd or 4th time you've brought it up.  

sheesh.

I appreciate when you are rigorous.  I don't appreciate it when you make one line posts that sound like statements of fact but are backed by nothing.  That's all I was trying to say, but you got awefully defensive very quickly.

when someone out of the blue calls you a cocky ass troll and your advice is useless, what would you expect?
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:20:13 PM

and not a single one is a "bear question" or in any way indicates I am uncertain about bitcoin's potential.)

one other simple question and not an attempt to troll you.

if you were "certain" about Bitcoin's potential and it was your "intent to accumulate all along", why would you sub to a Bitcoin newsletter unless there was some doubt on your part?
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:40:19 PM

and not a single one is a "bear question" or in any way indicates I am uncertain about bitcoin's potential.)

if you were "certain" about Bitcoin's potential and it was your intent to "accumulate all along", why would you sub to a Bitcoin newsletter unless there was some doubt on your part?

As I said above, I was hoping for opportunities to increase my holdings, but you never did call tops until after the fact.  I'll admit I'm partially at fault for not investing more energy in figuring out what exactly you were trying to deliver, but you didn't exactly advertise it as "hand holding".  I'm also not sure why you are putting "accumulate all along" in quotes, because that is not what I said.  I said my intention was to hold what I had.  I was lucky enough to be an early miner and I generated a fair share.  I don't have the kind of resources you to do constantly dump fiat into this market.  And I haven't held them all either.  Life has happened, but every sell was because I needed cash, not because I doubted bitcoin's future.  Every sell has been painful for me because I know I'm selling my future.

As for the emails, they were all either administrivia or discussion of SPXU.

I remember one other time we discussed this, but I know you're prone to exaggeration so I can let it go that you've doubled that figure.

I'm sorry if you took my cocky ass troll statement too personally.  But that is exactly the persona I envision when you make statements with no backing and act as if they are fact.  My statement was clearly overblown for this context, but it is a response to a trend I have been seeing lately.  I think you've let the bear trolls get to you.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:06:17 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2014, 03:50:11 PM by cypherdoc

if you were "certain" about Bitcoin's potential and it was your intent to "accumulate all along", why would you sub to a Bitcoin newsletter unless there was some doubt on your part?

As I said above, I was hoping for opportunities to increase my holdings, but you never did call tops until after the fact.  I'll admit I'm partially at fault for not investing more energy in figuring out what exactly you were trying to deliver, but you didn't exactly advertise it as "hand holding".  I'm also not sure why you are putting "accumulate all along" in quotes, because that is not what I said.  I said my intention was to hold what I had.  I was lucky enough to be an early miner and I generated a fair share.  I don't have the kind of resources you to do constantly dump fiat into this market.  And I haven't held them all either.  Life has happened, but every sell was because I needed cash, not because I doubted bitcoin's future.  Every sell has been painful for me because I know I'm selling my future.

As for the emails, they were all either administrivia or discussion of SPXU.

I remember one other time we discussed this, but I know you're prone to exaggeration so I can let it go that you've doubled that figure.

it's at least 3x iirc but that is irrelevant and i don't have the energy to go back and look.
I'm sorry if you took my cocky ass troll statement too personally.  But that is exactly the persona I envision when you make statements with no backing and act as if they are fact.  My statement was clearly overblown for this context, but it is a response to a trend I have been seeing lately.  I think you've let the bear trolls get to you.

actually, i took a nice compliment from JVP too literally about 2 mo ago, it seems.  he passed along 0.5BTC from rpietila's happy thread to me and said he enjoyed my "humor".  i took that and emphasized my posts in a style apparently that's not viewed as humorous. that's good feedback and i'll have to rethink the way i handle my posts.  or maybe i'll just lock the Gold collapsing Bitcoin up thread like i did with the Gold: I smell a trap at the end of 2011 when the trolling against my message got too intense.

just so everyone can put this into perspective, notme subbed to me from Apr 12 thru Mar 13.  here is what Bitcoin did during that time i was essentially saying to buy all dips and hold through crashes. it topped in Apr 13. i can't see any better way for him to have "accumulated":

zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:43:46 PM

I'm a bit puzzled about the uncertainties about this news. Have there been any 'official' announcements yet? But it's no wonder the price went a bit down again, good news don't do anything for the price these days. Sad thing...

don't worry, the bigger the gap between the 'price' and the 'value' (for lack of better words) the more explosive the gap will close.

the value is much higher than the current price in my opinion, cheap bitcoins for as long as it lasts.

Itsumo

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Play Rock Paper Scissor Lizard Spock

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 02:48:47 PM

So there is no more paypal banning rumors anymore.  Smiley
rockyrotcoin

Activity: 75

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:04:24 AM

This is not new anymore. Paypal has openly say that they will be accepting bitcoin soon.
gamblethis

Activity: 78

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:08:57 AM

Paypal + Ebay + Braintree = HOLD

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤////////////////////
The Only Bitcoin Gambling Site Where You Can Get Actual Profit!

////////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
GreatCoinBearer

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:10:38 AM

The last thing we need is more good news! Here we go to $300.  Cry

Its now at $470+ . Have faith!
rockyrotcoin

Activity: 75

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:12:16 AM

Good so many new ways to spend bitcoins. Time of holding is finally finished. BTC is becoming money.

Cheers to that. But please let it go above $550 first before selling.
Peegasus

Activity: 94

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:13:26 AM

We need google and then its = WIN

romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:20:58 PM

who uses google wallet these days,

paypal is the internet the centralized online money

apple can try and then fail

they are like Alts. Without blown away features they are just Alts.
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:22:44 PM

We need google and then its = WIN

http://www.benzinga.com/news/14/09/4846049/rumor-google-inc-to-buy-40-stake-in-ebay-inc-at-68share

Grin
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 05:03:49 PM

If they decide to incorporate Bitcoin, Yes, Definitely! But they've merely now getting the groundwork ready to use Bitcoin. It is up to the strategic decision makers over there to decide whether Bitcoin is really useful for the regular customer, merchant, seller, etc. on those platforms. It will have to be integrated nicely, or it will fail before it even had the chance of becoming successful.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
grumpyoldtroll

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 03:44:13 AM

If they decide to incorporate Bitcoin, Yes, Definitely! But they've merely now getting the groundwork ready to use Bitcoin. It is up to the strategic decision makers over there to decide whether Bitcoin is really useful for the regular customer, merchant, seller, etc. on those platforms. It will have to be integrated nicely, or it will fail before it even had the chance of becoming successful.

Add apple on that too!
ErnieBall

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 01:37:17 PM

Add apple on that too!

Why? Are they accepting bitcoin now?
OptimusPrime7

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 02:21:44 PM

Apple adding bitcoin? where can I find it..
blatchcorn (OP)

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 05:30:55 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/paypal-announces-first-partnerships-bitcoin-space/

I AM 140% ALL IN  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: