Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:49:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GlobalBoost® Media – Decentralized Media Network -> $BSTY  (Read 630218 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:11:40 AM

Can someone explain to me the steps I need to take to sync my wallet?

I mined some coins while it was not synced, and now it won't sync at all.
Join the guys in IRC they are quick to answer issues.
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.kiwiirc.com/#GlobalBoost

If you were not synced and mining you may have created a fork in which case those coins exist only to you not the network.

you should go to you %appdata% Globalboosty folder and delete everything except the wallet.dat file, and the globalboost.conf file if you made one.

rerun the program and it will try syncing from scratch but still has the transaction details in case any of those blocks you mined are legit.

while syncing click on the "?" button and navigate to debug console

type these 4 lines, hitting enter after each line;

addnode 69.90.132.249 add
addnode 65.111.170.237 add
addnode 162.248.243.195 add
addnode 104.131.45.62 add
those nodes should get you on the correct blockchain. its over 700 blocks high now.
Do not begin mining until after it is fully synced

I did what you said and I got my wallet to sync, but now the coins I mined disappeared. I mined for 2 full days and I have nothing?? That doesn't make any sense!! And the transaction I made shows in the transaction tab but the coins are not on C-cex?

Is this a joke? I don't understand? 

If you were mining your own chain, solving your own blocks, and sending transactions to no one else, then no its not a joke and unfortunately those coins never existed on the main chain.  you can look at the transaction id by right clicking on the outgoing transaction and viewing details.  copy then paste it here on the block explorer http://www.[Suspicious link removed]/index.php?blockexplorer=BSTY to verify that transaction was never seen, or check your address which would show a balance of mined coins...
Sorry for your loss of time, it happens, and it sucks.

You wrote "rerun the program and it will try syncing from scratch but still has the transaction details in case any of those blocks you mined are legit." But I deleted the blocks folder so of coarse there will be no blocks found! This pc of mine is very powerful and it has 0 blocks, 0 coins!!

Just wasted over 50 hours of electricity, good luck with your coin, I'm out!
incorrect, the blocks folder will sync the correct blocks. the wallet.dat stores the keys to your addresses AND the transactions you've made. as it resyncs on the correct chain, if anything was valid it would be noted. unfortunately the second you ended up on a fork, the reward was never broadcast to anyone but yourself, and whatever difficulty that block was, is what difficulty you mined possibly more blocks at over the next 50 hours.  Hopefully having run your cpu running 100watts wont bankrupt you...
*ps not my coin, just advising... true devs can shut me up if you all wish

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:17:52 AM

nice social coin. i have many computer ... how to unite them together to mine to a single wallet ?

I also looking for this solution..
for now, run multiple wallets, solo mine. no different. if solve block, send coins to host address. its not like theres a 20GB blockchain to download. it takes 5 minutes to download install sync and start solo mining....

Well there is actually a difference isn't there?  Same effect as a pool no, more resources that can be pulled together, the higher potential to solve blocks right?

Am I missing something?

but its the same resources, and since each solo mining hashes the nonce against its own address then theres no risk of doing the same work over again on each machine. 1x5=5, and 5x1=5, lastly since your host machine is only paying you if you solve a block, theres no need for a pool which would only serve to distribute parts of the solved block to the different participants. 100% of solved block goes you you if you solve one solo Wink

I must be missing something, looking at it like this there would never be a need for a pool to mine any coins!  Is this also not the reason so many people as myself are waiting for a pool to hit for this coin.  I mined over 48 hours with a pretty decent 8 core CPU and got nothing, pretty sure if I had those resources pointed at a pool I would have earned many coins during those 2 days.  

Is this also not the reason people with huge processing power are getting 99% of the blocks right now on this coin and others with typical processors are not, except for the lucky few?

Anyways, all good.......just trying to understand the logic here:-)
the logic flows that if everyone was pool mining yes you would have gotten the ammt of coins equal to the work you put in. Lets say if everyone mined the same pool for 1 day (24 hrs), there would be near (1440minutes in a day/10min blocktime)*347coin per block = ~50k coins to be paid out.  if you contributed a quad core windows cpu at 500 hash/s for those 24 hours you would be entitled  to 500(your share) / 650,000 (nethash) = .000769 share of the daily coins or ~38coins for 24 hours.
Anyone who is mining with one average windows pc is missing less than 40 coins per day by not having a pool

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
phillert

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:59:04 AM

Can someone explain to me the steps I need to take to sync my wallet?

I mined some coins while it was not synced, and now it won't sync at all.
Join the guys in IRC they are quick to answer issues.
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.kiwiirc.com/#GlobalBoost

If you were not synced and mining you may have created a fork in which case those coins exist only to you not the network.

you should go to you %appdata% Globalboosty folder and delete everything except the wallet.dat file, and the globalboost.conf file if you made one.

rerun the program and it will try syncing from scratch but still has the transaction details in case any of those blocks you mined are legit.

while syncing click on the "?" button and navigate to debug console

type these 4 lines, hitting enter after each line;

addnode 69.90.132.249 add
addnode 65.111.170.237 add
addnode 162.248.243.195 add
addnode 104.131.45.62 add
those nodes should get you on the correct blockchain. its over 700 blocks high now.
Do not begin mining until after it is fully synced

I did what you said and I got my wallet to sync, but now the coins I mined disappeared. I mined for 2 full days and I have nothing?? That doesn't make any sense!! And the transaction I made shows in the transaction tab but the coins are not on C-cex?

Is this a joke? I don't understand? 

If you were mining your own chain, solving your own blocks, and sending transactions to no one else, then no its not a joke and unfortunately those coins never existed on the main chain.  you can look at the transaction id by right clicking on the outgoing transaction and viewing details.  copy then paste it here on the block explorer http://www.[Suspicious link removed]/index.php?blockexplorer=BSTY to verify that transaction was never seen, or check your address which would show a balance of mined coins...
Sorry for your loss of time, it happens, and it sucks.

You wrote "rerun the program and it will try syncing from scratch but still has the transaction details in case any of those blocks you mined are legit." But I deleted the blocks folder so of coarse there will be no blocks found! This pc of mine is very powerful and it has 0 blocks, 0 coins!!

Just wasted over 50 hours of electricity, good luck with your coin, I'm out!
incorrect, the blocks folder will sync the correct blocks. the wallet.dat stores the keys to your addresses AND the transactions you've made. as it resyncs on the correct chain, if anything was valid it would be noted. unfortunately the second you ended up on a fork, the reward was never broadcast to anyone but yourself, and whatever difficulty that block was, is what difficulty you mined possibly more blocks at over the next 50 hours.  Hopefully having run your cpu running 100watts wont bankrupt you...
*ps not my coin, just advising... true devs can shut me up if you all wish

Thank you for clearing that up for me, nah 50+ hours obviously won't bankrupt me but it's time I could have mined something else.

Good luck to everyone.

___ dock.io _______Decentralized professional data exchange powered by Ethereum_______
WHITEPAPER     █ █ █ █     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     █ █ █ █     ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ● ⚫ ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CryptoJames

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:00:43 PM

We're working on minerd / ccminer implementation for pool mining. Since this is a completely new algo, a pool has never been setup. Right now you can solo mine from your wallet. Let us know if you, or someone you know can help!

MINING POOL DEVELOPMENT

CURRENT BOUNTY: 500 BSTY
DONATE TO BOUNTY: Y9ZFpXSedYgrmFJ2vigsUgpQ964Ae4ZQ3L

pool?
nonce-pool

Activity: 149

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:55:45 PM

pool?

We have setup a pool and asked to be added to the op, until then you can probably figure out the url.  bsty...

Consider it beta for now.
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 01:58:53 PM

pool?

We have setup a pool and asked to be added to the op, until then you can probably figure out the url.  bsty...

You have a Windows compiled version of minerd?

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
popcorn75

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:10:09 PM

pool?

well now we r getting somewhere, although I do not know the url, i must be dumb lol

popcorn75

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:18:58 PM

can i connect to the pool from the wallet or do i need to download a stratum miner

CryptoJames

Activity: 164

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:35:14 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2014, 02:48:23 PM by CryptoJames

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

pool?

We have setup a pool and asked to be added to the op, until then you can probably figure out the url.  bsty...

well now we r getting somewhere, although I do not know the url, i must be dumb lol
WigitGetIt
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 02:44:16 PM

pool?

http://bsty.nonce-pool.com/
nonce-pool

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:48:36 PM

pool?

We do not have a windows version yet, hopefully someone else will provide one soon.
WigitGetIt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 04:01:47 PM

pool?

We do not have a windows version yet, hopefully someone else will provide one soon.

Thank You Nonce-Pool for the Huge Contribution to GlobalBoost-Y!!

MrUnzO

Activity: 79

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 04:19:15 PM

pool?

Thank You Nonce-Pool for the Huge Contribution to GlobalBoost-Y!!

Thank you very much!!!!
popcorn75

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 04:43:09 PM

so us windows guys are stuck solo mining still?

WigitGetIt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 04:59:18 PM

so us windows guys are stuck solo mining still?

For now.  I am in the same boat.  We have been putting a call out to see if someone can get us Windows guys going.  Waywardgeek has a way to use a USB stick for mining.  Maybe someone will be able to use the new code with that.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=775289.msg8782044#msg8782044
MrUnzO

Activity: 79

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:35:22 PM

Did the pool found any block... I still get nothing  with 5Khash/s Undecided Undecided
WigitGetIt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 05:52:31 PM

Did the pool found any block... I still get nothing  with 5Khash/s Undecided Undecided

They haven't found a block yet, but some folks are mining there.

nonce-pool

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:56:18 PM

Did the pool found any block... I still get nothing  with 5Khash/s Undecided Undecided

No blocks yet, we have been close, we found many blocks on testnet so the pool should work...

edit:
if the numbers are right still less that 5% of the network
jamo4000

Activity: 807
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 07:19:53 PM

I can't mine with the Windows wallet and the pool... i try to put the adress and username/password but it's not the good command ...

Wallet Debug Logging : minerd --algo yescrypt --scantime 0 --url stratum+tcp://mine2.bsty.nonce-pool.com:4095 --userpass name.worker:passw --threads 8 --retries -1 -P
Miner failed to start. Make sure you have the minerd executable and libraries in the same directory as GlobalBoost-Qt.

Somebody ? Huh

Minter                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█

▄█████▄   ▄▄
▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
████████▄▄   ▐████████████
 ████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████
   ████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
  ▀▀█████████▀▀
WigitGetIt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 07:34:02 PM

I can't mine with the Windows wallet and the pool... i try to put the adress and username/password but it's not the good command ...

Wallet Debug Logging : minerd --algo yescrypt --scantime 0 --url stratum+tcp://mine2.bsty.nonce-pool.com:4095 --userpass name.worker:passw --threads 8 --retries -1 -P
Miner failed to start. Make sure you have the minerd executable and libraries in the same directory as GlobalBoost-Qt.

Somebody ? Huh

The dev is working on the Windows minerd right now.  Thanks for the patience on this, he is working really hard on this.   Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: