Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:28:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GlobalBoost® Media – Decentralized Media Network -> $BSTY  (Read 630269 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
CaptDavidPorter

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 02:12:41 AM

To add to the discussion.

It's also worth mentioning that the net hash shown on the pools isn't the real net hash because of the Yescrypt flags!!

Thanks for the message Old Major!  Tongue
Have you tried out the new online wallet? We were talking about how to put the trading platform there from https://Capital.GlobalBoo.st
I like this idea alot!

Today I gathered the information from what I refer to as "The GlobalBoost Brain Trust." From here in the USA to Russia, Europe to South America, China to Africa we all weighed in on the amount of computing power on the network, the bumps, bugs, & successes of our 1st week, and the discussion that has been going on here & on the IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.kiwiirc.com/#GlobalBoost

I want to deliver a message:

GlobalBoost welcomes ASIC miners, but probably not now.

The GlobalBoost development department has chosen Yescrypt as our POW for this reason. A GPU may be able to mine this coin, but it will be the same rate as a CPU. The fact that we have people that are interested enough to string together many CPU's to one wallet is Good!! This shows that there is much the interest in the company, the mission, and GlobalBoost as Digital Money.

We have a dedicated team of developers, supporters, and many many shareholders working every hour of everyday. GlobalBoost is & always has been much more than just a currency. I invite you to signup (it's Free"), follow my link https://GlobalBoo.st/?Bruce

jzhoulon

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:12:58 AM

I kinda have to agree with everyone else that these few individuals are going to kill this coin, they are already doing much damage!  The biggest attraction to this coin was the hopeful prevention of this exact thing happening.  Why are any of us little guys gonna want to help promote and grow this coin just to make these few select people rich.  

You can already see many people losing interest because these guys are taking 95% of all coins.  It is making less sense to point our little resources at this coin, the more of us quit, the more these greedy fucks get.  Doesn't really matter how they are doing, bot net, access to large servers.......whatever it is, they are taking the entire pie from everyone else and this is the EXACT opposite of what this coin was supposed to be and what attracted everyone to it in the first place.

If this problem is not resolved, it will die!  They obviously saw all these complaints and backed off a bit with how much they are throwing down on this coin, but they are still taking the majority of the coins and everyone else is getting less and less as these guys jack up the difficulty and keep it there.

While I appreciated something I could mine with my CPU, it is no longer profitable or enticing to do so.  Everything we point our resources to in crypto carries risk, but the risk with this coin is now MUCH higher than it was and too high for my blood with the tiny ass rewards we are now seeing.  This is and has killed the volume and will certainly kill the price!

some very valid points, a few coins tried to tackle this in the past, minerals and revo. They did so by implementing a hashrate limit which imo was a good idea.
I dont know if it could be applied here i'd imagine said people could just split their hash into multiple accounts they seem to have the resources  Sad

still pointing a couple of cpus at a pool though, one on a burst mine the other on my gpu mine cause they weren't doing anything else.
i totally agree with you, they mined 95% of the whole coin,and let the rest of us enjoy 5% and want us to promote this coin to let them make money, kidding me? the fee of adversiting is not just 5% for so many miners, i like this coin just because it claim that it is cpu only, but see these guys who have thousands khash, so, how can i make sure that they are not mined by GPU, we are using the poor cpu miner and some guys use gpu, and still expect us to help them to promote this coin.,..i have never seen a coin who has 90+% hash rate mined by two person before, now , i find a coin

Hey jzhoulon no one is using a GPU that we are aware of, if you have some type of proof of that please present it accordingly.  As we have said if we can find evidence of it, we will bring it to light.  No one on this team has a GPU mining it and no one has mined 95% of the coin and asked only 5% to promote it for them.  In fact the promotion of the coin is entirely up to you, do or don't promote, whatever.  If you are dissatisfied, we are not holding anyone here against their will, simply move on and we will do the same.  Sometimes things seem unfair and I understand that.  These are the pains of dropping a real new algo in crypto.  Things developer slower because they are new, never developed before.  If you feel that you CPU
s are better used somewhere else, then use them somewhere else.  I don't even think between me, GlobalBoost, or bstdev that we have a 10,000 BSTY between the three of us, see my previous post on where my BSTY went.  We don't have these big cpu farms just mining away.  We actually have pretty raggedy cpus mining just a little.  We are in the same boat as anyone else.

I know that we will not try to set a max hash rate, as that limits freedom to mine the coin and their are plenty of ways around that.  If someone has more CPU power to bring than you do, then it is what it is.  Adapt or find another way, or just give up, its your call.  We do not have the power to stop people from mining, and we will not discourage people from mining.

We want everyone to be here and share in the success we are gonna have, and are having now.  If you feel we have not been fair, then that should be basis enough for you to make a decision on whether to stay and support or to leave.  Personally, i'd rather you stayed and we all work together on making the coin succeed.  We have been very fair throughout this process releasing what code we get when we can, bstdev and GlobalBoost have been working their ass of to bring this coin to life.  I feel like they have been a disrespected here.  We have been a team that has been fair in what we do and have done nothing but work to make this coin succeed.  It will not be easy, as their will be rough times.  Rough times spur innovation, having less usually brings more with the right attitude.

i believe you guys are not doing this and not hold large amount coins, i just want to make sure that this can't be mined by gpu, and one question, have dev really try to implemented a sgminer and test by himself, if not, i think dev should implement an sgminer and test by himself , or he just think it is gpu resistant by theory? if he is sure that this is gpu resistant, then he should implement an sgminer and test it, and paste the result to the thread to let us know that it did is a gpu resistant, not just in theory. no result , no any picture, how can we know the speed of mining by gpu and believe it is gpu resistant, may be some guys just good at making gpu miner and make a private gpu miner, so , dev should test it and paste the result to prove that it did is a cpu mine only

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
peerson51888

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 02:36:11 AM

im out,waiting for sgminer... Grin
WigitGetIt
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 02:51:31 AM

I kinda have to agree with everyone else that these few individuals are going to kill this coin, they are already doing much damage!  The biggest attraction to this coin was the hopeful prevention of this exact thing happening.  Why are any of us little guys gonna want to help promote and grow this coin just to make these few select people rich.  

You can already see many people losing interest because these guys are taking 95% of all coins.  It is making less sense to point our little resources at this coin, the more of us quit, the more these greedy fucks get.  Doesn't really matter how they are doing, bot net, access to large servers.......whatever it is, they are taking the entire pie from everyone else and this is the EXACT opposite of what this coin was supposed to be and what attracted everyone to it in the first place.

If this problem is not resolved, it will die!  They obviously saw all these complaints and backed off a bit with how much they are throwing down on this coin, but they are still taking the majority of the coins and everyone else is getting less and less as these guys jack up the difficulty and keep it there.

While I appreciated something I could mine with my CPU, it is no longer profitable or enticing to do so.  Everything we point our resources to in crypto carries risk, but the risk with this coin is now MUCH higher than it was and too high for my blood with the tiny ass rewards we are now seeing.  This is and has killed the volume and will certainly kill the price!

some very valid points, a few coins tried to tackle this in the past, minerals and revo. They did so by implementing a hashrate limit which imo was a good idea.
I dont know if it could be applied here i'd imagine said people could just split their hash into multiple accounts they seem to have the resources  Sad

still pointing a couple of cpus at a pool though, one on a burst mine the other on my gpu mine cause they weren't doing anything else.
i totally agree with you, they mined 95% of the whole coin,and let the rest of us enjoy 5% and want us to promote this coin to let them make money, kidding me? the fee of adversiting is not just 5% for so many miners, i like this coin just because it claim that it is cpu only, but see these guys who have thousands khash, so, how can i make sure that they are not mined by GPU, we are using the poor cpu miner and some guys use gpu, and still expect us to help them to promote this coin.,..i have never seen a coin who has 90+% hash rate mined by two person before, now , i find a coin

Hey jzhoulon no one is using a GPU that we are aware of, if you have some type of proof of that please present it accordingly.  As we have said if we can find evidence of it, we will bring it to light.  No one on this team has a GPU mining it and no one has mined 95% of the coin and asked only 5% to promote it for them.  In fact the promotion of the coin is entirely up to you, do or don't promote, whatever.  If you are dissatisfied, we are not holding anyone here against their will, simply move on and we will do the same.  Sometimes things seem unfair and I understand that.  These are the pains of dropping a real new algo in crypto.  Things developer slower because they are new, never developed before.  If you feel that you CPU
s are better used somewhere else, then use them somewhere else.  I don't even think between me, GlobalBoost, or bstdev that we have a 10,000 BSTY between the three of us, see my previous post on where my BSTY went.  We don't have these big cpu farms just mining away.  We actually have pretty raggedy cpus mining just a little.  We are in the same boat as anyone else.

I know that we will not try to set a max hash rate, as that limits freedom to mine the coin and their are plenty of ways around that.  If someone has more CPU power to bring than you do, then it is what it is.  Adapt or find another way, or just give up, its your call.  We do not have the power to stop people from mining, and we will not discourage people from mining.

We want everyone to be here and share in the success we are gonna have, and are having now.  If you feel we have not been fair, then that should be basis enough for you to make a decision on whether to stay and support or to leave.  Personally, i'd rather you stayed and we all work together on making the coin succeed.  We have been very fair throughout this process releasing what code we get when we can, bstdev and GlobalBoost have been working their ass of to bring this coin to life.  I feel like they have been a disrespected here.  We have been a team that has been fair in what we do and have done nothing but work to make this coin succeed.  It will not be easy, as their will be rough times.  Rough times spur innovation, having less usually brings more with the right attitude.

i believe you guys are not doing this and not hold large amount coins, i just want to make sure that this can't be mined by gpu, and one question, have dev really try to implemented a sgminer and test by himself, if not, i think dev should implement an sgminer and test by himself , or he just think it is gpu resistant by theory? if he is sure that this is gpu resistant, then he should implement an sgminer and test it, and paste the result to the thread to let us know that it did is a gpu resistant, not just in theory. no result , no any picture, how can we know the speed of mining by gpu and believe it is gpu resistant, may be some guys just good at making gpu miner and make a private gpu miner, so , dev should test it and paste the result to prove that it did is a cpu mine only

bstdev said that he would get this tested this week.  I think it is a good idea to test this as well.  As I believe that it will help everyone to know exactly what is going on with the GPU issue.

Edit:  With a possible GPU issue, as we don't know that is exactly happening.   Smiley
bstdev

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 04:41:08 AM

I have created the GlobalBoost-Y Wallet for Mac

Mega
https://mega.co.nz/#!591g1ZqL!TGIhI95leg64UfFRv-IikhC464C6XXVPt_C1OB39PBM

DropBox
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nrr12qh4uoyuv7o/GlobalBoost-Y.dmg?dl=0

Please feel free to comment your user experience and issues found.

GlobalBoost-Y:  Y2bVk5gmxYHMt4Qkw8VSV5ewrgAi6nBjjj
CryptoJames

Activity: 164

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:35:54 AM

Got the Mac Wallet up Smiley
Thanks!

I have created the GlobalBoost-Y Wallet for Mac

Mega
https://mega.co.nz/#!591g1ZqL!TGIhI95leg64UfFRv-IikhC464C6XXVPt_C1OB39PBM

DropBox
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nrr12qh4uoyuv7o/GlobalBoost-Y.dmg?dl=0

Please feel free to comment your user experience and issues found.
SRBOOTH

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:20:21 AM

Can anyone tell me how tow use the minerd AVX option (if yescrypt miner has it) in Linux?
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 07:52:00 AM

a 6 years old i5 runs almost as fast as a new fx.
surely there is room for improvement on amd cpus.

cestballot

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

Nexus pool : http://nexusniropool.cestballot.fr/

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 10:30:58 AM

Comer over and mine at eu.altmine.net.  No account setup just use the wallet address as the username and any password you want.  See below for setup info.

Server stratum+tcp://stratum-eu.altmine.net

Port 7725
[/color]

Port : 7225

Best

Singman33

Activity: 147

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:07:16 AM

I have compiled the CPU miner for Windows with SSE2 only (no need of recent CPU) and with MinGW (better, a lot better  Grin ).
Link : http://singman.no-ip.biz/download/minerd-bsty-SSE2.zip
Tell me if you have any errors.
WigitGetIt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 11:17:25 AM

Comer over and mine at eu.altmine.net.  No account setup just use the wallet address as the username and any password you want.  See below for setup info.

Server stratum+tcp://stratum-eu.altmine.net

Port 7725
[/color]

Port : 7225

Best

Corrected.  Thank you cestballot  Cheesy
WigitGetIt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 11:18:55 AM

I have compiled the CPU miner for Windows with SSE2 only (no need of recent CPU) and with MinGW (better, a lot better  Grin ).

Thank You for the contribution, I will get this added to the ANN shortly Singman33.   Grin
WigitGetIt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 11:22:21 AM

Can anyone tell me how tow use the minerd AVX option (if yescrypt miner has it) in Linux?

bstdev might be able to help you here  http://forum.globalboost.org/index.php/topic,197.msg199.html?PHPSESSID=qa5q48rtlni57pirft418adpe6#new

Check the IRC also he might be able to help  their as wel.  I will make sure your question gets to him.  Thanks.   Smiley

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.kiwiirc.com/#GlobalBoost
WigitGetIt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 11:23:33 AM

I noticed minerd wasn't that awesome for AMD CPU's.  My Phenom X3 (Unlock 4th core) doesn't do that well.
nrg_wolf
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:42:55 AM

I noticed minerd wasn't that awesome for AMD CPU's.  My Phenom X3 (Unlock 4th core) doesn't do that well.

Not trying to hate on amd, but thier cpus are kinda crap compared to intel speeds and standards.
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:45:12 AM

Not trying to hate on amd, but thier cpus are kinda crap compared to intel speeds and standards.

I agree that hashrate/power of intel is better than amd, but on the other algos hashrate is comparable per core/frequency.
In this case, it's way off.

WigitGetIt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 11:55:16 AM

I agree that hashrate/power of intel is better than amd, but on the other algos hashrate is comparable per core/frequency.
In this case, it's way off.

Hey pallas if you want to post to this http://forum.globalboost.org/index.php?topic=197.0  The bstdev is going to handle some technical questions over there.  I will make sure he gets your info on the AMD performance.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 12:07:37 PM

Trying to buy some coins from Bittrex right now. But I was wondering, is it worth it to try and mine from the wallet? Anyone of you guys got coins this way?
Will be watching this thread  Smiley
Chainger

Activity: 554
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 12:13:10 PM

good
https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-BSTY
qq386437050

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 12:28:06 PM

Thank You for the contribution, I will get this added to the ANN shortly Singman33.   Grin

Asked what the connection failed 30 seconds
minerd.exe -a yescrypt -o stratum+tcp://192.168.1.245:7288 -u aa -p x
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: