Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 01:08:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if someone claims to be Satoshi Nakamoto?  (Read 4117 times)
Thekool1s (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:27:11 AM

This question may be asked earlier but how would we verify that person is telling the truth?
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:28:05 AM

sign his PGP key or prove that he owns the wallet with 1 million bitcoins.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:28:46 AM

This question may be asked earlier but how would we verify that person is telling the truth?

sign a message using a bitcoin address we know belongs to the creator (genesis block address  or the address he used to sell coins to hal finney)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Thekool1s (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:32:52 AM

sign a message using a bitcoin address we know belongs to the creator (genesis block address  or the address he used to sell coins to hal finney)

Got it thanks.
leannemckim46

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:04:48 AM

He doesn't actually have a single address with all his bitcoin. He has several addresses (roughly 50k) with each address containing some amount above 50 BTC each (the block subsidy, plus the TX fees, plus the begging spam).

As it was said several times, he should sign a message with an address that is known to be his.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:12:03 AM

currently it doesnt matter much who satoshi is anyways

yolo
tntdgcr

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

Bitcoin Mining Hosting

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 03:25:39 AM

I'm batman

OregonMines is expanding. Are you expanding with us?
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:28:58 AM

I firmly believe it was Shinchi Mochizuki who wrote the paper. I will eat 2 bites from my shoe (side of it) if i'm ever proven wrong! LOL
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:32:06 AM

If it was the fiat's version of satoshi we could just hide him using this method

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8h_v_our_Q
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:38:12 AM

Pretty sure Satoshi would be able to prove this is his project with no trouble.  He has the most intimate knowledge of Bitcoin in my opinion being it is his idea.  Don't think proving himself the inventor would be that hard for example if he started moving coins around from his old wallets people would know it was really him.  I'm sure there are more the a few ways he could go about it.
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 03:47:48 AM

If I had stolen his wallet and "proved" to you today that I'm SpartacusSatoshi, how would that be a proof? As long as the real Satoshi doesn't start arguing against that, the signature proof would serve nothing.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 04:28:46 AM

What if someone claims to be Satoshi Nakamoto?
We are all Satoshi Nakamoto?  Cheesy

Seriously, I don't understand why the "Satoshi speculation" is such a big deal; He wants to remain private and we should respect that.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 05:16:39 AM

I firmly believe it was Shinchi Mochizuki who wrote the paper. I will eat 2 bites from my shoe (side of it) if i'm ever proven wrong! LOL

Hmm..... again. Where is the proof? It was Ted Nelson, who claimed for the first time that Shinchi Mochizuki is the real Nakamoto. But even Nelson himself later admitted that it was just a wild assumption. He just picked out a random ethnic Japanese mathematician who lives and work in the United States. However, this assumption was later refuted by people like Tyler Jarvis, who presented real evidence to prove that Shinchi Mochizuki is not Nakamoto.
Zurg49

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 07:11:26 PM

Hmm..... again. Where is the proof? It was Ted Nelson, who claimed for the first time that Shinchi Mochizuki is the real Nakamoto. But even Nelson himself later admitted that it was just a wild assumption. He just picked out a random ethnic Japanese mathematician who lives and work in the United States. However, this assumption was later refuted by people like Tyler Jarvis, who presented real evidence to prove that Shinchi Mochizuki is not Nakamoto.

I'm interested into seeing what evidence he presented. Got a link I could check out? Thanks.
exocytosis

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 07:49:30 PM

currently it doesnt matter much who satoshi is anyways

It doesn't matter if Satoshi is an agency within the US government, for example? An agency currently holding over a million BTC?
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:44:21 PM

What if someone claims to be Satoshi Nakamoto?
We are all Satoshi Nakamoto?  Cheesy

Seriously, I don't understand why the "Satoshi speculation" is such a big deal; He wants to remain private and we should respect that.

I think it is because people want to understand what will happen with his coins or they are just new to Bitcoin and they're still wrapping their minds around the mysterious disappearance of Satoshi.  I completely understand what you're saying though.  All the Satohshi speculation has been getting old for a while now.
oceans

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:49:06 PM

I don't believe the real Satoshi Nakamoto will come forward and say that it's him to be honest but in the event that he did then it would probably be wise to ask him if he could prove some how that he is that person however even then that could be faked if someone really wanted people to believe they were him.
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 10:09:34 PM

I'm interested into seeing what evidence he presented. Got a link I could check out? Thanks.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/bitcoin-creator-ted-nelson-claims-shinichi-mochizuki-469161

or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B8B2PHZzEk   Cheesy

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
Penner

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 10:11:43 PM

There is a 1 million btc wallet  Shocked Shocked ??
cutepuppy

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 04:55:47 AM

There is a 1 million btc wallet  Shocked Shocked ??
No. Well maybe, but not in that it only contains one address. The estimated one million bitcoin that satoshi owns is split up into several thousand addresses.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: