Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:59:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will let your miners run at My place for a small mining %(i have free power)  (Read 5135 times)
BitcoinRuinedMyLife

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 05:18:18 AM

Statements like these guarantee people will never trust you.

Your offer holds no logic and there is no common sense involved as to why you would want to host someones miners for free.

That is of course you are willing to put your information on the internet 100% and become a "public figure" being vulnerable to any and all people interested in or about you.

He clearly stated that he will be taking a percentage of the miners' output for offering this service, so nobody's saying he's going to host them for free. It is logical, sure- since he said he gets free power, and will be making money from your miners. The logic part checks out, the real issue though is trust, I.e. if you believe him or not.

I know if I had a large farm of miners, paid a lot in electricity, and was considering this service, then I would go to Sweden and meet up with him to see if it checks out or not. He has offered to do that for people. I don't know.

The reason I see this as illogical is his fee will have to be very small otherwise it's more convenient to rent space or even an industrial warehouse. I am talking about big farms. It's pretty simple, why would someone pay you 0.5% or 2.5% when they could spend the same for a secure location.

Yes it's based on trust, and he just said he could give someone one address and run it at the other, so yes you can visit him everything checks out and you let him host your 1 million dollar investment and he decides to move to France Tongue

This person needs a better presentation than a bitcointalk.org forum post offering people this type of service.

He could be making so much profit if he does have what he claims, which makes it even more illogical because he is offering this generous service that is made to help you instead of capitalizing on the opportunity. Either way, his offer will start and end here because it's a clear bait.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 05:50:20 AM

Ok, this sounds like a great offer but there is no mention of what % so far as I can see.  Is this % going to be variable dependent upon certain variables?  Fixed based on power consumption?

The reason I'm asking these questions is that given the average electricity rate for Sweden according to wikipedia is ~27.1 cents/kw/h (USD).  If you do indeed sell your current excess power back to the grid, wouldn't you ultimately be taking a HUGE hit on any sort of profitability?

This isn't adding up for me currently.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Sakarias-Corporation (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Call me Alice. just Alice.

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 10:25:42 AM

Hello!

@ BitcoinRuinedMyLife
yes Sure, i might need a better presentation, but i'm not aimming to do something HUGE! all i want to do is to offer my services to the community.
i never said this service was free tho.

why won't i just sell all my power back to the company instead of usling it for miners ?
well cuz, i think that one day, all the bitcoins i've earned will be worth so much more then selling back power to the company.

The % is not based on power consumption but rather on the Hashrate.

@Razerglass, Have you hosted anybodies miner yet?
yes i have, some S1 and i currently have some other miners on the way from members here on the forum. so i hopps to get some feedback soon.

stfnnn

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 07:14:48 PM

I'm sending over some older miners which I do no longer have the space for and are not worth the sale but are still usable for at least a few months.

I'll keep everybody updated in this thread.

BTC send to 1DZK7skHmfLYgu1ZvfiVTRTKGhwfkQn6xH are lost in /dev/null !!
carbon_compound

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 12:00:44 PM

Ich glaube, wir sollten mal über das Angebot reden...  Grin

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 12:18:38 PM

sorry ?

williamj2543

Activity: 588

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 12:23:42 PM

Basically we send you our miners, and YOU run them, perform maintenance, and provide power for free, while sending us back our earnings? Seems a little fishy.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 12:26:01 PM

Basically we send you our miners, and YOU run them, perform maintenance, and provide power for free, while sending us back our earnings? Seems a little fishy.

The miners Will mine to your pool of choice and Will be sent to your Wallet. You then send me My share.

williamj2543

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 12:29:02 PM

The miners Will mine to your pool of choice and Will be sent to your Wallet. You then send me My share.

Remote desktop would be good, if you had individual computers per miner. Thats not possible though.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 12:30:52 PM

Remote desktop would be good, if you had individual computers per miner. Thats not possible though.

We have individual computers for all people who rent space with remote desktop.

Atm we have 4 computers left so we'll have to power up some more old ones soon

Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:43:44 PM

sorry ?

He says he wants to chat.

How about some pics of the location?

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 12:45:43 PM

sorry ?

He says he wants to chat.

How about some pics of the location?

Ah okey, pictures will be up shortly, i should have some pictures of the S1 we're hosting and one of the controll rooms.

awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 04:11:38 PM

Wow, looking excellent there mate

Account recovered 08-12-2019
Euthanasiaa

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 04:46:58 PM

my S1 will be there tomorrow, thank god i live in norway Cheesy fast shipping, will be fun to see how this goes.

do you have extra fans? i din't ship any, and the fan i have is broken, should have said that before maybe, sorry.

i like the pictures, your IT guy is working hard with that PSU Wink

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 04:49:47 PM

my S1 will be there tomorrow, thank god i live in norway Cheesy fast shipping, will be fun to see how this goes.

do you have extra fans? i din't ship any, and the fan i have is broken, should have said that before maybe, sorry.

i like the pictures, your IT guy is working hard with that PSU Wink

hey! yeah i the package is in Sweden allready Smiley

a broken fan is not a problem! we have over 100 fans almost ! we have to power all the fans separate from the PSU miners.
i'll get a good one up for you Smiley

hehe yeah our IT guy is the best Wink

williamj2543

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 07:35:06 PM

Seems like a legit operation. Good luck

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Euthanasiaa

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 03:19:17 PM

My S1 is up and running, all promilles keep so far, i have 100% kontroll over my miner and a webcam i can look around with lol Cheesy.
i even got help with my Broken fan, so now i have a new one, or 3 new ones hehe,

will post some weekly uppdates!

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 03:26:41 PM

My S1 is up and running, all promilles keep so far, i have 100% kontroll over my miner and a webcam i can look around with lol Cheesy.
i even got help with my Broken fan, so now i have a new one, or 3 new ones hehe,

will post some weekly uppdates!

No problem Smiley! haha, gosh we have so many fans i don't know what to do with them.

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 01:32:04 AM

I have been asked to do ID escrow for one of your customers. If this looks good, I can verify and vouch for you for all your other customers. ID escrow has no fee, but tips are appreciated.

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 02:09:32 PM

I have been asked to do ID escrow for one of your customers. If this looks good, I can verify and vouch for you for all your other customers. ID escrow has no fee, but tips are appreciated.

Great Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: