Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:08:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: George's Famous Baklava  (Read 6737 times)
lolwut (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 03:02:42 AM

http://mandrik.com/

This guy accepts bitcoins and this is THE BEST baklava I have ever tasted. Embarrassingly enough, i killed a 3lb order in 2 days.

I sent him an email in hopes he can start posting here, but this stuff is damn good. His shipping and packaging were professional as well.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gamer4156

Activity: 1008
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 03:43:11 AM

those pictures made me so hungry, must resist...
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 05:18:20 AM

those pictures made me so hungry, must resist...
Not going to resist... bye bye four btc Tongue

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 06:55:51 PM

Sweet! I'd heard his product being raved about on Free Talk Live; knowing he accepts bitcoins means I may actually try it.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
ShireSilver

Activity: 382
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2012, 10:46:38 PM

Yeah, the chocolate baklava is damn good. But you should come to PorcFest and try the deep fried baklava he makes.

Shire Silver, a better bullion that fits in your wallet. Get some, now accepting bitcoin!
lolwut (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 11:00:06 PM

Yeah, the chocolate baklava is damn good. But you should come to PorcFest and try the deep fried baklava he makes.

that sounds amazing....
Mandrik

Activity: 106
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 12:19:34 AM

Thanks for the kind words! I've been selling baklava online for 2.5 years. I had a lot of people asking if I'd accept BTCs, and I finally got that all setup early this year. I'm glad I did!

Yes, I invented deep fried baklava after my friend & business partner suggested it. It's some pretty crazy stuff to eat, lol, so come to PorcFest and try some! We make a ton of other foods, like the trainwreck. That's a gyro where you get rid of the pita bread and replace it with a 10-piece bacon weave. We went through over 200 bacon weaves last year and ran out by Thursday! We'll need to do more prep work this year to handle the load. Tongue

-Mandrik
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 12:30:01 AM

We make a ton of other foods, like the trainwreck. That's a gyro where you get rid of the pita bread and replace it with a 10-piece bacon weave. We went through over 200 bacon weaves last year and ran out by Thursday! We'll need to do more prep work this year to handle the load. Tongue
Holy crap. Gyros are my favorite food, followed by bacon. This must taste like heaven!

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Mandrik

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 12:42:31 AM

Check it out!

-Mandrik
copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 01:55:16 AM

Thanks for the kind words! I've been selling baklava online for 2.5 years. I had a lot of people asking if I'd accept BTCs, and I finally got that all setup early this year. I'm glad I did!

Yes, I invented deep fried baklava after my friend & business partner suggested it. It's some pretty crazy stuff to eat, lol, so come to PorcFest and try some! We make a ton of other foods, like the trainwreck. That's a gyro where you get rid of the pita bread and replace it with a 10-piece bacon weave. We went through over 200 bacon weaves last year and ran out by Thursday! We'll need to do more prep work this year to handle the load. Tongue

Wow, you need to put more of your products online!

Also, I couldn't find shipping costs on your website, or where you ship from. If I wanted some baklava (say 3lbs) shipped to MA, how much would that be and how long would it take?

Edit: nevermind, I see there's shipping info on the eBay page. It looks like it's $8.95 for 1.5lbs, so does that scale linearly for 3 lbs?
Edit 2: I'm dumb. There's full information on the checkout page Smiley
Mandrik

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 02:01:05 AM

Haha, no problem! Wink

-Mandrik
copumpkin
Donator

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 02:27:42 AM

Oh, one last question: how fast is delivery to MA?
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 02:46:27 AM

I was debating whether to get some more of this or casascius coins... I went with casascius because I don't have any of those yet :3

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
lolwut (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 02:20:25 PM

he ships flat rate usps as far as i recall. so 2-3 days anywhere in the usa.
Mandrik

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 04:41:08 PM

he ships flat rate usps as far as i recall. so 2-3 days anywhere in the usa.

That's about right!

-Mandrik
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 05:27:57 PM

Can't decide if I want original or dark chocolate. Help!

ETA: settled on original
copumpkin
Donator

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 05:35:02 PM

Yay, I just ordered 3 lbs of it! Grin
lolwut (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 06:06:59 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2012, 06:18:37 PM by lolwut

Yay, I just ordered 3 lbs of it! Grin

Glad i made this post. Mandrik is about to have tons of new business. Baklava for bitcoin, nom nom.

Edit: I think I'm going to order an original and a dark chocolate. Mandrik, please let me know if you need more time to cook before I order, I don't want you to get flooded with orders all at once. I'm pretty sure this stuff is going to be a hit and this will be a great source of business Smiley
Mandrik

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 06:36:32 PM

I can handle it, haha! Wink

There is a problem with ordering one of each & using BTCs. I just noticed this and need to figure out a solution. I use BitPay for my shopping cart buttons and if you add one of each the shipping is too much.

In the meantime you can use this Bitmit auction:

https://bitmit.net/en/trade/i/2333-george-s-famous-baklava-3lb-order-dark-chocolate-original/description

-Mandrik
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 06:43:23 PM

I can handle it, haha! Wink

There is a problem with ordering one of each & using BTCs. I just noticed this and need to figure out a solution. I use BitPay for my shopping cart buttons and if you add one of each the shipping is too much.

In the meantime you can use this Bitmit auction:

https://bitmit.net/en/trade/i/2333-george-s-famous-baklava-3lb-order-dark-chocolate-original/description

DARN it! I'm now at work, and only have access to my phone's BitcoinSpinner app, but it only has 4 BTC on it!

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: