Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:46:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero Economy Workgroup - The MEW Thread  (Read 37977 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 11:20:12 PM

He either spent the funds in which case as far as I am concerned he is a thief or he did not and everything is cool.

This is the determination that we have to make as soon as possible, hand waving about taking funds from CK will not cut it.

1. There was no explicit rule to keep the funds allocated, which means that David (only) needs to have enough funds to make good of 100% at all times. He does.

2. Since you have a grievance against a MEW Executive, please PM him and copy it here so that both he and we know exactly what the problem is.

3. Until there is any evidence to support the contrary, I as the double role of MEW-OE and CK-King decide that the rightful way to proceed is to freeze the required amount in his CK funds and use it to make good of the MEW Treasury fund.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 11:22:02 PM

He either spent the funds in which case as far as I am concerned he is a thief or he did not and everything is cool.

This is the determination that we have to make as soon as possible, hand waving about taking funds from CK will not cut it.

1. There was no explicit rule to keep the funds allocated, which means that David (only) needs to have enough funds to make good of 100% at all times. He does.

2. Since you have a grievance against a MEW Executive, please PM him and copy it here so that both he and we know exactly what the problem is.

3. Until there is any evidence to support the contrary, I as the double role of MEW-OE and CK-King decide that the rightful way to proceed is to freeze the required amount in his CK funds and use it to make good of the MEW Treasury fund.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "Until there is any evidence to support the contrary"?

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 11:30:29 PM

In my opinion, it is unnecesarry to heat up the debate like this until David Latapie has come online and posted/clarified here. Until then, everyone that is merely making wild assumptions, which may or may not be valid, is deteriorating the quality of this thread and the outside image of it. 

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 11:45:25 PM

100 votes

Agreed with dEBRUYNE, let's continue resolving the dissolution of the MEW in an efficient manner. It is a waste of everyone's time to argue.

Let's not forget David has done much good work for Monero education.

With or without David's input, we can all resolve the situation NOW and get back to doing things that benefit Monero development, adoption, and economy.  Smiley

wpalczynski
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 11:50:04 PM

100 votes

Agreed with dEBRUYNE, let's continue resolving the dissolution of the MEW in an efficient manner. It is a waste of everyone's time to argue.

Let's not forget David has done much good work for Monero education.

With or without David's input, we can all resolve the situation NOW and get back to doing things that benefit Monero development, adoption, and economy.  Smiley

So you are ok with never determining if he in fact spent the money or not?  You want to pull the funds from CK and sweep it under the rug?

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 12:09:31 AM

ArticMine 1000 votes.

My thoughts on this is that we should start with the premise that David has done nothing wrong and has the required amount of XMR on hand. Whether the XMR were segregated is not the critical issue since there was no explicit requirement for this; having said this it is simply bad practice to not segregate the funds. It is also appropriate for the remaining MEW executives to ascertain as to the status of these funds and require proof that these funds exist. These actions are simply prudent management and should not be construed as evidence or suspicion of wrongdoing. If there is no response or an inappropriate response to above requests then it does become at least suspicion if not evidence of wrongdoing, it also becomes appropriate to take action and the MEW members deserve to be made aware of the situation.

Edit: Has David been officially contacted about this?

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
wpalczynski
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 12:24:21 AM

ArticMine 1000 votes.

My thoughts on this is that we should start with the premise that David has done nothing wrong and has the required amount of XMR on hand. Whether the XMR were segregated is not the critical issue since there was no explicit requirement for this; having said this it is simply bad practice to not segregate the funds. It is also appropriate for the remaining MEW executives to ascertain as to the status of these funds and require proof that these funds exist. These actions are simply prudent management and should not be construed as evidence or suspicion of wrongdoing. If there is no response or an inappropriate response to above requests then it does become at least suspicion if not evidence of wrongdoing, it also becomes appropriate to take action and the MEW members deserve to be made aware of the situation.

Edit: Has David been officially contacted about this?

People have been asking about the funds in this, the official MEW thread going back as far as 3 moths ago, which in my mind constitutes being officially contacted.  No response has been provided.  In addition I have reason to believe other MEW members have contacted him privately.

dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 02:34:33 AM

ArticMine 1000 votes.

Proposal for the orderly dissolution of the MEW.

That the MEW be dissolved and the corresponding funds be refunded to each member as follows: Members shall have 15 days from the date of the end of voting to provide:
1) An XMR address and transaction ID for refund.
or
2) The name of a Crypto Kingdom character account to be credited with the funds.

Any remaining unclaimed funds after the 15 day period has elapsed shall be credited as follows:
Crypto Kingdom account MoneroHouse 50%
Crypto Kingdom account Town 50%

This proposal allows each member to identify how their portion of the funds will be allocated and provides a balanced approach for disposition of the unclaimed funds. For those unfamiliar with Crypto Kingdom, the MoneroHouse account is used to support Monero development.

Edit: Those wishing that their portion of the funds go to Monero development could choose 1 and provide the Monero donation address.
Code:
46BeWrHpwXmHDpDEUmZBWZfoQpdc6HaERCNmx1pEYL2rAcuwufPN9rXHHtyUA4QVy66qeFQkn6sfK8aHYjA3jk3o1Bv16em
https://getmonero.org/getting-started/donate/. Those wishing to donate to Crypto Kingdom can choose 2 and specify "Town" as the Crypto Kingdom character account. This will minimize administration time and transaction fees

50 votes

I withdraw my earlier proposal and will support this compromise.
dnaleor
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 02:41:09 AM

[...] allows the distribution of funds even in the event that David continues to be busy, in which case his CK assets are just administratively swapped to MEW and he can keep the equivalent amount in the MEW treasury account (in XMR blockchain).

I'm not in MEW but I'm playing CK, pardon me if I'm not supposed to intervene here but I'd like to make some remarks.

David assets in CK are mostly not in Moneretos (matched by real XMR) right? I see two mechanisms to transfer value to MEW holders within CK from David CK assets:
- Assets are sold, moneretos backed by real XMR are transfered to MEW players.
I find it unfair to CK economy as a whole, this will trigger largish sells and influence the economy even though those events taking place have nothing to do with CK economy.

- Assets (various game items) are transfered directly to MEW players
Not really my business, but I find it unfair to them as they get a refund in a very different form as the initial payment, which admittedly involves a greater risk and volatility (that of XMR plus that of CK items backed by internal free-market only, not by real XMR).

In general I must say I find it really ridiculous that after more than a year of funds not moving, the escrow isn't available to do it in a timely manner and you MEW members are therefore rushing with a weird work-around solution... Ok, that's none of my business anyway.

50 votes

I'm in both (well, dnaleor is dead in CK, but is son will soon be active) and I agree with this.
We shouldn't mix CK balances with the MEW fund. I want to be paid directly from the MEW fund.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2016, 10:11:59 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2016, 12:28:22 PM by David Latapie

Hello,

Only one person having access to the funds has one advantage: better control
And one disadvantage: greater risk of loss
Multisignature would fix this but doesn't exist for Monero, so there's that.

I have access to the party funds and the MEW funds. I'm happy with whatever is decided about them. I replied to dnaleor in a PM. Because the last time I publicly expressed what happened, it was used against Monero, I will only reply to PM about the current state of things and only to people I know are not anti-monero trolls.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 11:01:38 AM

[...] allows the distribution of funds even in the event that David continues to be busy, in which case his CK assets are just administratively swapped to MEW and he can keep the equivalent amount in the MEW treasury account (in XMR blockchain).

I'm not in MEW but I'm playing CK, pardon me if I'm not supposed to intervene here but I'd like to make some remarks.

David assets in CK are mostly not in Moneretos (matched by real XMR) right? I see two mechanisms to transfer value to MEW holders within CK from David CK assets:
- Assets are sold, moneretos backed by real XMR are transfered to MEW players.
I find it unfair to CK economy as a whole, this will trigger largish sells and influence the economy even though those events taking place have nothing to do with CK economy.

- Assets (various game items) are transfered directly to MEW players
Not really my business, but I find it unfair to them as they get a refund in a very different form as the initial payment, which admittedly involves a greater risk and volatility (that of XMR plus that of CK items backed by internal free-market only, not by real XMR).

In general I must say I find it really ridiculous that after more than a year of funds not moving, the escrow isn't available to do it in a timely manner and you MEW members are therefore rushing with a weird work-around solution... Ok, that's none of my business anyway.

50 votes

I'm in both (well, dnaleor is dead in CK, but is son will soon be active) and I agree with this.
We shouldn't mix CK balances with the MEW fund. I want to be paid directly from the MEW fund.

Thank you David.

10 votes 

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2016, 12:38:28 PM

Thank you David.

10 votes  

For everyone:

Contact me privately for every details.

As an example of the message I will send:
Please confirm:
You have 10 votes, you paid 10 XMR and for renewal you paid one-tenth, which is 1 XMR. Total is 11 XMR. Since half went to dev and are non refundable, this means I will send you back 5.5 XMR (modulo transaction fees). Please state privately your XMR address.
I case you ask, I have my own ledger of who paid how much.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 11:12:59 PM

ArticMine 1000 votes.

Proposal for the orderly dissolution of the MEW.

That the MEW be dissolved and the corresponding funds be refunded to each member as follows: Members shall have 15 days from the date of the end of voting to provide:
or
2) The name of a Crypto Kingdom character account to be credited with the funds.

Any remaining unclaimed funds after the 15 day period has elapsed shall be credited as follows:

This proposal allows each member to identify how their portion of the funds will be allocated and provides a balanced approach for disposition of the unclaimed funds. For those unfamiliar with Crypto Kingdom, the MoneroHouse account is used to support Monero development.

Edit: Those wishing that their portion of the funds go to Monero development could choose 1 and provide the Monero donation address.
Code:
46BeWrHpwXmHDpDEUmZBWZfoQpdc6HaERCNmx1pEYL2rAcuwufPN9rXHHtyUA4QVy66qeFQkn6sfK8aHYjA3jk3o1Bv16em
https://getmonero.org/getting-started/donate/. Those wishing to donate to Crypto Kingdom can choose 2 and specify "Town" as the Crypto Kingdom character account. This will minimize administration time and transaction fees

100 votes.

I support this. I'd like my portion to be given to my CK character.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 02:56:01 AM

For everyone:

Please confirm:
You have 10 votes, you paid 10 XMR and for renewal you paid one-tenth, which is 1 XMR. Total is 11 XMR. Since half went to dev and are non refundable, this means I will send you back 5.5 XMR (modulo transaction fees). Please state privately your XMR address.
Thanks David.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
wpalczynski
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 11:02:20 PM

Thank you David.

10 votes  

For everyone:

Please confirm:

Great.  In that case I propose that all the MEW funds are sent to Dnaleor immediately, MEW as well as the party funds.  If anyone objects to Dnaleor holding them until we decide what to do with them please speak up in this thread.

Dnaleor please post a XMR address so the funds can be transferred to you ASAP unless anyone objects.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 11:15:24 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2016, 12:18:57 AM by smooth

I somewhat object, as it was stated.

David, if I recall correctly, had (and has) some sort of named position with MEW as a Treasurer or the like.

If the funds are to be transferred, then it should be to someone holding such a position, or perhaps someone delegated by someone holding such a position.

I instead support returning the funds to the members as ArticMine suggested earlier. There has been no effort toward collecting renewals (nor has anyone stated support for doing so) and unless that happens by January 31 then MEW will disband.

I will be sending David a PM asking for my funds to be returned.
dnaleor
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 12:22:30 AM

Thank you David.

10 votes  

For everyone:

Please confirm:

Great.  In that case I propose that all the MEW funds are sent to Dnaleor immediately, MEW as well as the party funds.  If anyone objects to Dnaleor holding them until we decide what to do with them please speak up in this thread.

Dnaleor please post a XMR address so the funds can be transferred to you ASAP unless anyone objects.

I rather see the MEW funds in the hands of Fluffy (or someone else from core)
because I don't want to be trusted with larger amounts of XMR until we have trezor integration.

The party fund is rather small so I'm willing to handle that.
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 01:42:06 AM

I am also going to withdraw my funds.

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 04:22:10 PM

VOTE on the DISSOLUTION of the MEW

As the Operational Executive, I call the vote: "What to do with the MEW and its funds" to the discussion round. Rules state that the discussion takes 168 hours, and during this time members may make proposals and support them.

To move on reasonably, the proposal should include if the MEW is terminated or not, and what to do with the funds. The most supported proposals go to final vote.

The discussion will be held in this thread until pressing matters otherwise dictate. It is likely that after such a long delay, this forum is able to reach larger audience.

As the OE, I call the discussion round ended. As per the rules, two proposals are put on vote. Because this is a spending proposal, there is no absolute majority rule that would shorten the voting period unless all the members have voted. Because the dissolution proposal outcome differs markedly from the non-dissolution proposal, these are put against each other. The voting is structured so that only the first proposal causes a new MEW Resolution to pass. Therefore there is effectively one proposal, with NO meaning support to the non-dissolution "proposal".

The proposal is as follows:

or

Those wishing that their portion of the funds go to Monero development could choose 1 and provide the Monero donation address.
Code:
https://getmonero.org/getting-started/donate/. Those wishing to donate to Crypto Kingdom can choose 2 and specify "Town" as the Crypto Kingdom character account. This will minimize administration time and transaction fees as the bulk of the transfers can be grouped together.
[/i]

The voters have 4 options:

HELL YES - Support the proposal, on the condition that if it does not pass, the member resigns and is refunded.
YES - Support the proposal
NO - Does not support the proposal
HELL NO - Does not support the proposal, on the condition that if it passes, the member resigns and is refunded.

The ME David Latapie is exhorted to produce the members and votes list without delay. Due to the privacy inherent in Monero, the addresses may be posted here publicly, or to user: David Latapie in PM.

The voting period commences immediately and lasts for 168 hours. Any unmaterial changes to the proposal or practicalities do not cause the time to be changed.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 04:24:02 PM

VOTE on the DISSOLUTION of the MEW

1000 votes.

I vote HELL YES and request the funds to be transferred to CK account "1" regardless of the vote outcome.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: