Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:43:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinTournament.com  (Read 5981 times)
PwrLeveld (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

Computta Mine Your Own BTC

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 01:07:24 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2011, 07:10:52 PM by PwrLeveld

Hi,
I am the admin/founder of BitcoinTournament.com. The website is currently in development, and I need some market data to determine the structure of parts of my site. The site will be a video game tournament site with entry fees and rewards for the winners of the tournament. I plan to start building the website itself this thursday, while other assets are being built now. The market research will determine everything from tournament fees to prices of initial stock in the company. My plan on stocks is to sell 100 stocks out of 150 total stocks in the company. The remaining 50 stocks will go to both me as the owner in the company and to the owner of the domain name I am using.(The amount of stocks is based on using .5 BTC as the stock price/ less or more stocks depending on initial price.) So, I ask for your help by filling out the short 8 question survey for market research. The data will directly influence the site. http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KS2572C
Thanks,
Pwrleveld
Edit: This is the new spot for my discusion of this as it was previosly in Bitcoin Discussion

Dear GOD/GODS and/or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS: Please let CHAUL JHIN KIM win the NEW ZEALAND POWERBALL JACKPOT. He will use the money to set up his own RESEARCH LAB and find the CURES for CANCER and AGING! He will release the CURES into the PUBLIC DOMAIN! (a la Jonas Salk) EVERYONE regardless of wealth will no longer need to SUFFER! CHILDHOOD CANCER will also be HISTORY! Thank you! - A Faithful Believer. P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray with me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PwrLeveld (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 02:43:46 AM

Hi,
I published the fact that the survey was live a aprox. 4 hours ago and I have yet to get a single response. I was just wondering, what is keeping people from doing the survey. The survey takes less than 5 minutes and will help provide me with good market data to help build the website and investor information.  At this point I will offer a 0.05 BTC reward tp the first 10 people who complete the survey. You will just need to email me your bitcoin address to the email provided at the end of the survey. Also if you could tell me why you were previously not doing the survey that would be helpful.
Thank you,
Pwrleveld
P.S. If you complete the survey and email me your bitcoin address I am sorry but I will not have enough BTC to pay you.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS: Please let CHAUL JHIN KIM win the NEW ZEALAND POWERBALL JACKPOT. He will use the money to set up his own RESEARCH LAB and find the CURES for CANCER and AGING! He will release the CURES into the PUBLIC DOMAIN! (a la Jonas Salk) EVERYONE regardless of wealth will no longer need to SUFFER! CHILDHOOD CANCER will also be HISTORY! Thank you! - A Faithful Believer. P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray with me!
Alex Beckenham

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 02:38:14 PM

I didn't do the survey because it's N/A to me, not being into those kind of war games.

PwrLeveld (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 07:28:22 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2011, 08:32:15 PM by PwrLeveld

Well, that is why I am doing market research to be honest. The entire reason I am doing such research is to figure out what games to offer. I think I will offer more traditional tournaments like chess or poker. This website is suposed to be a starter for a group of websites that will offer winnings in bitcoins in some way or another. In addition I have have put together some investor information, and it will be uploaded and avaliable on the bottom of BitcoinTournamnet.com within an hour of this posting. However this is a prilimanary draft of the investor information and costs and technicalitys are not completly set yet.
Edit: the investor info will be delayed due to some more changes I am making.

BitcoinTournament.com-Got Game? Win Bitcoins!

nereer

Activity: 84

Why settle for the lesser evil?

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 10:33:38 PM

You've gotta put League of Legends on that list - such a good multiplayer/tournament game. free too.

If you agree that Bitcoin needs a dedicated Q & A site please sign up for the Bitcoin StackExchange site!
PwrLeveld (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 11:03:02 PM

Well, that is the point of the survey to see what people want to play.

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 11:17:35 PM

Filled out and emailed.
coffeetablesex

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 11:34:02 PM

This sounds like an interesting enough idea, hopefully word gets out and people start playing.
PwrLeveld (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 01:13:22 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2011, 01:18:08 AM by PwrLeveld

Hello,
I will now provide some initial investor information for BitcoinsTournament.com
Initial stock price is intened to be 0.25 BTC as long as the conversion rate does not shoot up to greater than 6.5 USD to 1 BTC. The initial stock offering will be 110 stocks of 300 total stocks in the company. I will maintain general ownership of the company with a personal holding of 151 shares, giving me a aprox. 50% ownership in the company. My initial backer will maintain a 13% ownership in the company. The initial funds will be used to hire a developer to create an exclusive plugin to facilitate the websites total use. The website will however be functional before the completion of the plugin. Stockholders will vote for some resolutions(I will not vote on such resolutions as I have a majority ownership, but will keep the right to reject the resolution).
Thank you.
P.S. Invetor information will be uploaded tomorrow as make improvements
BitcoinTournament.com- Got Game? Win Bitcoins!

Also the free 0.05 BTC is still avaliable.

PwrLeveld (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 01:56:45 AM

There is only four more free spots of 0.05 BTC.

Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 01:58:46 AM

I just took the survey, if that's what the btc is for Smiley I'm the one who suggested supreme commander Cheesy
PwrLeveld (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 02:00:23 AM

If you took it email me at pyrominer@gmail.com for your BTC. Include in the email your bitcoin adress.  So now there is 3 more rewards of 0.05 BTC.

graingert

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2011, 02:00:47 AM

+1 Smiley
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hello,

This is a payment notification from MyBitcoin.

You have received Bitcoins!

Transaction Number: 47783
Transaction Date/Time: 2011-05-11 01:59:15
To: 1Hfc44hSjtoigXrvXGo9CPuFAQfc6gAkYX
Amount: 0.05

Thank you.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG/MBC v1.0

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJNye1zAAoJEJ+5g06lAnqF1cEIAJ7+1QtruTOoy5+DEpPiMmsW
mCLAJX9NO0uQwz87303Vne7S1LGWMSX7tO0aKxZb930bLjIyVz2b7df4tTW72RJ8
2wivW4gDsq6eqr79allwvIe2ot4m3VzymmCX3V46SwOFLPNVX4Hw1fI2CMSxLl8R
72at9a9f6MwoEue0j8P1sB1Rt8Sxa9+sqdQTu+wi1j1TO9t0Jn7Po7ZC6JixRAUx
hy7nJm+OxiU30tkPjijSAlLhf8hnk7TG7l0kHT/Sjfg5lJBJ9hWtTGDAuFt0fNNL
aP29h1yISJ3iD/QXKTnfYZzsho9sofPofPmPylFrHxJFGixODX3PBzfdX61BKpY=
=CgBh
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

*Image Removed*
PwrLeveld (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 02:25:08 AM

I still have 3 more sets of 0.05 BTC to give out to whoever takes the survey.

Distribution

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 02:35:29 AM

I just completed your survey and emailed you.
PwrLeveld (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 02:38:41 AM

All sets of 0.05 bitcoins have been claimed. Just found another 0.07 BTC in one of my miners so I have one last set of 0.05 BTC to give out.

maxcorrads

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 11:27:53 AM

Completed the your survey Smiley emailed you
Clarithium

Activity: 93

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2011, 11:34:20 AM

Add League of Legends.  It's a free game thats taken the gaming industry by storm.  Theres a lot of tournaments that are just starting to pop up for it and this would be a great start for the game and for bitcoins. 

I make websites for bitcoins! Will help you host!Click Here
Bitcoin Mining Rigs
1CrNUxx8E9ds1jQ1dexp9FFjhcuUqupdmN
nereer

Activity: 84

Why settle for the lesser evil?

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 12:30:38 PM

Add League of Legends.  It's a free game thats taken the gaming industry by storm.  Theres a lot of tournaments that are just starting to pop up for it and this would be a great start for the game and for bitcoins. 

+1

Look at League of Legends on reddit. (8,594 readers)

Call of duty: black ops on reddit (4,982 readers)

also, Bitcoin on reddit (856 readers but growing quick!)

/I will stop flogging this dead donkey now Smiley

one more thing: I am pretty sure that the EULAs of most games disallow playing the game for money; they won't be able to prove that bitcoin is money (at least straight away) in a court of law, but then they don't need to; they can pretty much arbitrarily ban anyone they feel like, which means sooner or later they will start banning players that play for bitcoin.

If you agree that Bitcoin needs a dedicated Q & A site please sign up for the Bitcoin StackExchange site!
PwrLeveld (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 07:10:38 PM

There is oficialy no bitcoins left to give out that are allocated towards survey rewards.

Oh, and to Nereer, why don't they ban MLG players then. They won't do it for such a tournament like this, in my opinion. Thanks for the reddit links wich I will post this up on.

Aditionaly, I would like to say thank you to all that took the survey, while I am still looking for about 25-75 more people to take the survey.

BitcoinTournament.com- Got Game? Win Bitcoins!

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: