Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:54:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trade fortress wtf  (Read 2177 times)
hdbuck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:13:53 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2014, 12:33:36 PM by hdbuck

Just got this inbox:

Hi,

You currently carry DiceBitco.in in your forum signature. DiceBitco.in has scammed by rigging the dice rolls through skipping betting nonces. DiceBitco.in has not compensated all affected users for the rigging.

You can read more about the DiceBitco.in scam here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=774120.0

Please don't promote scams. Please join a different signature ad campaign.
You will still be paid for posts made up to this point. You will not lose out on earnings.

To review your signature, go to Profile -> Forum Profile Information.

I consider promoting scams (like this site) untrustworthy, and will be leaving you negative trust if you continue to promote it.

PS: I do not accept PMs. To contact me, please email me at ciphertext@cryptolab.net (make sure to mention your Bitcointalk name).

Thanks!

WTF?! now TF is somehow the safe-keeper of honesty on this forum? Who the hell does he think he is? Threatening with negative trust like this?!
Seriously i dont like scams, and will certainly leave the campaign once im getting paid for this round but NO ONE tells me what to do and threaten me like this.

If i were to drop the campain before, no problem, but i'll wait until the mods or staff do their damn work and ban those idiots (both scammers and TFavenger)..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SOAD

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:26:16 PM

Lol so much irony. I'd report the PM as unsolicited and get this troll banned.

I consider promoting scams (like this site) untrustworthy, and will be leaving you negative trust if you continue to promote it.

Yea because feedback from this guy can be trusted or anyone will pay attention to it  Roll Eyes.

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:33:57 PM

That's funny
Not like his feedback would hurt you anyway

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:38:35 PM

Seriously i dont like scams, and will certainly leave the campaign once im getting paid for this round but NO ONE tells me what to do and threaten me like this.

So: You don't like scams, but you have you problem continuing to promote a scam for payment. Roll Eyes

That's funny
Just because a feedback isn't in defaulttrust doesn't mean it's worthless Smiley

-----------

Lol so much irony.

I halted my sig ad campaign when Inputs were hacked.
Baitty

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:42:05 PM

He's giving some good advice...it shouldn't matter what his past is if its a legit claim should it? I'm not a big fan of him but hes done the right thing here.

Currently held as collateral by monbux
hdbuck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:44:07 PM

So: You don't like scams, but you have you problem continuing to promote a scam for payment. Roll Eyes

That's funny
Just because a feedback isn't in defaulttrust doesn't mean it's worthless Smiley

-----------

Lol so much irony.

If you have a problem with scammers please feel free to advice the mods about it and i am sure they will do something (or could it be not after all?!).
But anyway, dont go around all the forum on your little inquisition, threatening people with trust ratings.
Thats just not how you are going to get anything (from me at least).
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:51:29 PM

That's funny

-----------

Lol so much irony.

If you have a problem with scammers please feel free to advice the mods about it and i am sure they will do something (or could it be not after all?!).
But anyway, dont go around all the forum on your little inquisition, threatening people with trust ratings.
Thats just not how you are going to get anything (from me at least).

mods dont do anything about scammers.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:55:33 PM

That's funny
I totally agree, I meant it's the whole trust system here that is nearly worthless

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
leannemckim46

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 10:38:15 PM

I got this same PM. I have updated my personal message text to reflect "TF was not hacked" as it was likely not hacked.

Proof has not been shown that DB has run off with stolen bitcoin. From what I can see they ran out of money when they were refunding too much money to some people and not enough money to others. This is bad accounting and not a scam.

If someone "invests" money in a site without doing their research then it is their own fault if/when they get scammed.

There is a disclaimer after the bottom of the first post in each thread that says that ads are not endorsed by the forum

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 11:29:58 PM

That's funny
I totally agree, I meant it's the whole trust system here that is nearly worthless

From a rational angle, the trust system is very good. The only problem is DefaultTrust. It has paralyzed the whole trust system.

Vortex20000

Activity: 504

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 12:04:35 AM

That's funny

-----------

Lol so much irony.

To be completely honest as long as the signature campaign paid I would continue using it -.-

jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 02:26:11 AM

TF has the lowest trust here, no one will care about his trusts.

Just put him in the ignore PM list, like he does with everyone.

jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:19:12 AM

I got this same PM. I have updated my personal message text to reflect "TF was not hacked" as it was likely not hacked.

Proof has not been shown that DB has run off with stolen bitcoin. From what I can see they ran out of money when they were refunding too much money to some people and not enough money to others. This is bad accounting and not a scam.

If someone "invests" money in a site without doing their research then it is their own fault if/when they get scammed.

There is a disclaimer after the bottom of the first post in each thread that says that ads are not endorsed by the forum

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

But I don't get why he would stick around with the same name if he stole everything.

If he stole it, wouldn't it make more sense to create a new pseudonym and make TF disappear forever ?

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:33:35 AM

But I don't get why he would stick around with the same name if he stole everything.

If he stole it, wouldn't it make more sense to create a new pseudonym and make TF disappear forever ?

People say the original TF sold his account.

I guess the new owner is in trolling mode(only use for such account), and not trying to rise reputation for another scam.
furiousjack

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 11:09:46 AM

legend if that account can get another big scam done again, I doubt it, to me its TF has so much money and has nothing better to do. hes probably done things already and got bored with all the money he stole
djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 11:29:14 AM

Received the same message yesterday. Not the kind of guy you expect to defend the legitimacy of a website.
SOAD

Activity: 324

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 11:33:02 AM

I guess the new owner is in trolling mode(only use for such account), and not trying to rise reputation for another scam.

It's possible that he sold it or its in the hands of someone else, but I think its the same person. Regardless he mostly just trolls now. What else is his account good for? I'm sure he finds this all entertaining.

haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 12:22:15 PM

Ah, trade fortress, the beacon of morality  Roll Eyes

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 12:24:35 PM

Ah, trade fortress, the beacon of morality  Roll Eyes

Ok, that was funny, this is the first post I've literally lol'ed at in a while.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 12:40:19 PM

It's possible that he sold it or its in the hands of someone else, but I think its the same person. Regardless he mostly just trolls now. What else is his account good for? I'm sure he finds this all entertaining.

I agree, I also believe it's the same guy. I do question why he is sticking around, though. It does make me consider that maybe inputs.io really was hacked by someone else...I can't imagine why he'd stick around on this account if he made off with 4.1K BTC. The way I see it:

If TF ran off with 4.1K BTC from inputs.io, he sold this account.

If inputs.io was hacked and some random hacker ran off with 4.1K BTC, this is the real TF.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: